Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,331 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599910 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 3:40pm On May 05, 2017
grin grin The guys are not on this platform but I am sure they did not travel. Someone asked a cogent question earlier: how could you say you've worked for over 10 years and your father still gifts you money?

We all need solutions here o to be on the safe side.

elfmann:

Baba, chill..let HTC tell us all from d horse's mouth or from letters of rejection.periods and wordings could make a difference. Many folks future hinges on gift of deeds. Make d thing never cast oh.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 3:42pm On May 05, 2017
HTC2017:
Hello House,

Quick one: can someone source for funds within the first 20 days of the 90 days and keep it in one's account for about 60 days before submitting application? This will be fixed and no deductions be made till PPR. I know two guys whose applications were refused because of POF even though they eventually made the target, lumps sums perhaps were frowned at. Deed of gift, regardless.

Cc: @40manlappy, @vcole, @dupsyhoo, @Ehrnie, @miella

@SlowlybtSurely, boldinc, Beem4cupid, merrymum, dannio: any ideas on the above?

@perks: Submitted, thanks for your concern smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eyoiba(m): 3:45pm On May 05, 2017
Hi guys and congrats to those who got their ITAs. Please I would like to ask 2 questions:

1) Does WES/IQAS evaluation accept VISA dollar Card for payment or is it only MasterCard?

2) A mistake was made on the date of birth of my wIfe on her WAEC result ie 10th of June 1985 instead of 2nd of July 1985. I have been to their regional office in my state and was told that nothing can be done. I'm really worried because I don't want anything that will cause issues during documentations in the future. Someone even told me to continue with the wrong date of birth since its not showing on any other documents (what of transcript?) and she is yet to obtain Int'l passport. Please my good hearted fellow nairalanders, I really need your candid advice on the best way to go about it inorder not to jeopardize our chances.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kay2011(m): 3:48pm On May 05, 2017
temitope06:

Bro I no just send again. I know a lot of ppl have gotten PPR using gift deeds. A dude on Canadavisa forum even outlined all d docs he submitted in relation to POF and he used gift deed and he's in Canny so whatever the VOs wanna do, let em do. High BP is reaaalll

Bro, I know I'm new here but I think we all need to chill on this gift deed matter. I am a member on Canadavisa forum and I have been through over 400 pages on Reasons for Rejection, not once was the gift deed mentioned as a reason for rejection.

If the person that brought it up can provide evidence, then we can start worrying but till then let us just calm down. A lot of people got their PPR using the gift deed and people are still using it.

I will advice that we get all our gift deeds notarize. It could like 2K or 3K. And try to provide evidence of the transfer into your account.

Thank you.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsBee: 3:49pm On May 05, 2017
dammysanmi:
Sadly, I think you have to, cos WES will place everything on hold till you do so. I sent a strongly worded mail after i paid and they responded with their usual acknowledgement email afterwards.
The annoying thing is that their verification mail(international express my foot) took almost 3 weeks to get to the school. I called them out on twitter and they promptly updated my status to evaluation in progress...i guess they respond faster to displeased customers.

I decided I wasn't going to pay anything extra so I sent them a stinker. They reversed the charge. My school got their verification request by email and now my status has been updated to reflect that.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 4:26pm On May 05, 2017
What is this obsession with notarized documents for everything. IQAS only requires copies of your documents.

we all need to chill with this paranoia

perks:
Congrats to all those who got ITAs.

Pls I want to confirm from those dat have used IQAS for evaluation. Do you have to notorize copies of ur certificates sent?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 4:27pm On May 05, 2017
kay2011:

Bro, I know I'm new here but I think we all need to chill on this gift deed matter. I am a member on Canadavisa forum and I have been through over 400 pages on Reasons for Rejection, not once was the gift deed mentioned as a reason for rejection.

If the person that brought it up can provide evidence, then we can start worrying but till then let us just calm down. A lot of people got their PPR using the gift deed and people are still using it.

I will advice that we get all our gift deeds notarize. It could like 2K or 3K. And try to provide evidence of the transfer into your account.
Thank you.

I have all the forms used for the transfer scanned, and will attach them too with the gift deed.

Quick question, people owing me also paid me, and was also paid for some other personal jobs i did (website development etc), but no receipt for them as it was via transfer from personal accounts and one from a company account. How can i handle this? The tune of this is actually below 300k. . .

I'm exploring all the options i can use. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 4:34pm On May 05, 2017
HTC2017:
Hello House,

Quick one: can someone source for funds within the first 20 days of the 90 days and keep it in one's account for about 60 days before submitting application? This will be fixed and no deductions be made till PPR. I know two guys whose applications were refused because of POF even though they eventually made the target, lumps sums perhaps were frowned at. Deed of gift, regardless.

Cc: @40manlappy, @vcole, @dupsyhoo, @Ehrnie, @miella

U still will have to explain the source of the funds since its not up to 6months
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kay2011(m): 4:40pm On May 05, 2017
Java47:

I have all the forms used for the transfer scanned, and will attach them too with the gift deed.

Quick question, people owing me also paid me, and was also paid for some other personal jobs i did (website development etc), but no receipt for them as it was via transfer from personal accounts and one from a company account. How can i handle this? The tune of this is actually below 300k. . .

I'm exploring all the options i can use. Thanks.

Please, is the 300k a single transaction? if yes, you might need to get an explanation for it. I remember in one of those discussions, we were deliberating on how much is termed 'large sum' and one of the seniors advised that anything from 1,500 CAD must be accounted for. Just his personal opinion tho.

I hope this help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 4:51pm On May 05, 2017
And what is the big deal in that? VO does not think the way we do. You are the one assuming that it cannot be gifted, evidence and fact is what they work with. Indeed, his statement can show his turnover, but not the POF sitting in there for 6 months. That is actually part of the reason people use gift deed to eliminate the 6 month period.

You work for ten years and all your funds will be liquid and in the same place? and you assume everyone is earning the same income as well? I as a person dislike idle funds, when money can be doing better things.

So lets be sensitive to the fact that we are all trying to meet the requirements. If he brings in funds from anywhere right now whether his or not has to be explained, that is the bottomline. So those options are what we should be making available to him.

So my advice is get the gift deed to the tune that you can in addition with what you have that has been sitting for 6 months/can be explained (sale of land, property, etc). It doesn't have to be on the dot, it can be in excess.

elfmann:

My mind is telling me this, the bulk shldnt be formed by gift deeds. I was saying this last time..everyone looked and ignored. You say u have worked for ten yrs..na ur father give u all d fund to settle in Canada.. Check am if u b VO. They know these funds are borrowed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 4:52pm On May 05, 2017
optionese:
What is this obsession with notarized documents for everything. IQAS only requires copies of your documents.

we all need to chill with this paranoia

Notarized is nairalanders new favorite word cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flow2davis: 4:55pm On May 05, 2017
Hello people,

WES has reached my University to confirm my transcript. My concern is that I don't have my Degree Certificate yet.
Will they honour a Statement of Result?
Will WES and CIC accept a Statement of result in place of Certificate?
Transcript is ready.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by egariyi(f): 4:56pm On May 05, 2017
Good day ladies and gentlemen,
Pls I intend to renew our expired visas this may but I would like to know from fellow forumites if a Passport with about 8 months left to expire is ok to process the renewal on drop box? Has anyone dealt with this kind of situation before.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 4:57pm On May 05, 2017
Redaddict:

@mummyjaygirls, Please am new to this process. Can you explain? Is it too slow for him to have ITA within a year?

It's possible, cos previous years getting ITA was like a camel passing through the eye of a needle.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 5:02pm On May 05, 2017
eyoiba:
Hi guys and congrats to those who got their ITAs. Please I would like to ask 2 questions:

1) Does WES/IQAS evaluation accept VISA dollar Card for payment or is it only MasterCard?

2) A mistake was made on the date of birth of my wIfe on her WAEC result ie 10th of June 1985 instead of 2nd of July 1985. I have been to their regional office in my state and was told that nothing can be done. I'm really worried because I don't want anything that will cause issues during documentations in the future. Someone even told me to continue with the wrong date of birth since its not showing on any other documents (what of transcript?) and she is yet to obtain Int'l passport. Please my good hearted fellow nairalanders, I really need your candid advice on the best way to go about it inorder not to jeopardize our chances.

Thanks in advance.

Please what does she need WAEC for in the first place? Is she evaluating it?

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 5:14pm On May 05, 2017
IMO, the acceptance of gift deed depends on the VO,
unfortunately they have exclusive right to do that except you challenge the refusal.
Secondly, we also need to make the gift deed legit too. If you have less than 3years work experience and you use gift deed for total POF, it can be understood but mehn! You have got a whooping 7 years experience yet you don't have personal funds in your account or even investment to liquidate to serve as POF for atleast 40% of the LICO? E get as e be..... Some grouchy VO might unfortunately capitalise on this.
In my opinion,if you get car,abeg present your car documents which bears your name and a sales deed( even though u no go sell car oo) -and have the funds transferred to your account, then you can use gift deed to sort the rest.
The head wey Taiwo get different from Kehinde. Some pple might have gotten tru with gift deed but what of it no longer holds water especially with the way dem dey dish out ITA, try not to give VO to allow the winch for your village to play snooker on his head.
40manlappy:

@SlowlybtSurely, boldinc, Beem4cupid, merrymum, dannio: any ideas on the above?

@perks: Submitted, thanks for your concern smiley

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 5:51pm On May 05, 2017
kay2011:

Please, is the 300k a single transaction? if yes, you might need to get an explanation for it. I remember in one of those discussions, we were deliberating on how much is termed 'large sum' and one of the seniors advised that anything from 1,500 CAD must be accounted for. Just his personal opinion tho.

I hope this help

The highest transaction is what I reflected in the gift deed, the other huge amount is from my other account. Which can be proven with bank statement, all other payments were broken to the maximum of 200k. One from a company account, the other from personal account. Others below 200k. I've got a registered company with cac certificate I intend to attach what doo you think?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 5:58pm On May 05, 2017
The thing is giving me headache. I can bet most of the notorization is not even done by a lawyer probably by a court staff which am most certain is fake.

Lemme pim

MummyJaygirls:

Notarized is nairalanders new favorite word cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 05, 2017
folamingo:
And what is the big deal in that? VO does not think the way we do. You are the one assuming that it cannot be gifted, evidence and fact is what they work with. Indeed, his statement can show his turnover, but not the POF sitting in there for 6 months. That is actually part of the reason people use gift deed to eliminate the 6 month period.

You work for ten years and all your funds will be liquid and in the same place? and you assume everyone is earning the same income as well? I as a person dislike idle funds, when money can be doing better things.

So lets be sensitive to the fact that we are all trying to meet the requirements. If he brings in funds from anywhere right now whether his or not has to be explained, that is the bottomline. So those options are what we should be making available to him.

So my advice is get the gift deed to the tune that you can in addition with what you have that has been sitting for 6 months/can be explained (sale of land, property, etc). It doesn't have to be on the dot, it can be in excess.

We are saying the same thing: gifts shldnt consistute the bulk. Meanwhile, if u don't have it piled up in an acct, liquidate d possessions and explain. Gifts shldnt come in d latter, abi. Active ACCTS shld be d most acceptable so long as ur balance covers u and fam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kay2011(m): 6:08pm On May 05, 2017
Java47:

The highest transaction is what I reflected in the gift deed, the other huge amount is from my other account. Which can be proven with bank statement, all other payments were broken to the maximum of 200k. One from a company account, the other from personal account. Others below 200k. I've got a registered company with cac certificate I intend to attach what doo you think?

I believe with all the documents you are attaching, it should be fine.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eyoiba(m): 6:11pm On May 05, 2017
lavivaavril:

Please what does she need WAEC for in the first place? Is she evaluating it?

No, she is not evaluating her WAEC but I need suggestions as this can throw up questions in the future for instance, visa interview.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 05, 2017
flow2davis:
Hello people,

WES has reached my University to confirm my transcript. My concern is that I don't have my Degree Certificate yet.
Will they honour a Statement of Result?
Will WES and CIC accept a Statement of result in place of Certificate?
Transcript is ready.
Same question.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 05, 2017
eyoiba:

No, she is not evaluating her WAEC but I need suggestions as this can throw up questions in the future for instance, visa interview.
Go and get an affidavit.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 6:21pm On May 05, 2017
I just received an LOE from Ontario and wondering whether I should accept it or wait to see if I'll get ITA.

My points presently is 405 but that's without my spouse's IELTS. He intends to apply for and write IELTS as soon as he gets his passport, which he's hoping to get next week.

He has also started his ECA and it's still pending with WES. With his ECA and IELTS, we should end up with about 430 but we don't know how long it will take to get ECA and we're not even 100% sure that he'll get his passport next week. We fear that points might just keep increasing. We also have siblings in Canada and by June , we'll get the extra 15 points, which will further increase our points.

So, my question is: should we accept LOE from Ontario or wait for IELTS and WES and pray that we get ITA subsequently?

Seniors in the house, abeg lend your voices oh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 05, 2017
yimiton:
I just received an LOE from Ontario and wondering whether I should accept it or wait to see if I'll get ITA.

My points presently is 405 but that's without my spouse's IELTS. He intends to apply for and write IELTS as soon as he gets his passport, which he's hoping to get next week.

He has also started his ECA and it's still pending with WES. With his ECA and WES, we should end up with about 430 but we don't know how long it will take to get ECA and we fear that points might just keep increasing. We also have siblings in Canada and by June , we'll get the extra 15 points, which will further increase our points.

So, my question is: should we accept LOE from Ontario or wait for IELTS and WES and pray that we get ITA subsequently?

Shey d nomination acceptance has a deadline? What's LOE? CRS cutoff will progressively remain low going forward.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 6:45pm On May 05, 2017
I will say since the Ontario has 45 days validity, then still hold on but pls don't create the one key account yet oo cos once you do,u have to submit an application within 14days or lose the nomination. That's what I heard though. I might be wrong
yimiton:

He has also started his ECA and it's still pending with WES. With his ECA and IELTS, we should end up with about 430 but we don't know how long it will take to get ECA and we're not even 100% sure that he'll get his passport next week. We fear that points might just keep increasing. We also have siblings in Canada and by June , we'll get the extra 15 points, which will further increase our points.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ambidextrause: 6:48pm On May 05, 2017
Your head is there!
Any samples of the sales deed? Format of life.

Beem4cupid:
IMO, the acceptance of gift deed depends on the VO,
unfortunately they have exclusive right to do that except you challenge the refusal.
Secondly, we also need to make the gift deed legit too. If you have less than 3years work experience and you use gift deed for total POF, it can be understood but mehn! You have got a whooping 7 years experience yet you don't have personal funds in your account or even investment to liquidate to serve as POF for atleast 40% of the LICO? E get as e be..... Some grouchy VO might unfortunately capitalise on this.
In my opinion,if you get car,abeg present your car documents which bears your name and a sales deed( even though u no go sell car oo) -and have the funds transferred to your account, then you can use gift deed to sort the rest.
The head wey Taiwo get different from Kehinde. Some pple might have gotten tru with gift deed but what of it no longer holds water especially with the way dem dey dish out ITA, try not to give VO to allow the winch for your village to play snooker on his head.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 7:01pm On May 05, 2017
Fantastic response! Thanks so much. I was actually wondering how long I have to accept or decline the nomination. Hopefully, we'll be able to sort everything out in less than 40 days.

Beem4cupid:
I will say since the Ontario has 45 days validity, then still hold on but pls don't create the one key account yet oo cos once you do,u have to submit an application within 14days or lose the nomination. That's what I heard though. I might be wrong
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 8:00pm On May 05, 2017
Hello my people,

What would I avoid if don't include spouse's work experience in the work history session or what hassle might I be faced with if I include it?

Although I claimed no point for his work experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 8:47pm On May 05, 2017
yimiton:
Fantastic response! Thanks so much. I was actually wondering how long I have to accept or decline the nomination. Hopefully, we'll be able to sort everything out in less than 40 days.

Sorry to burst your bubble....but you REALLY need to confirm this OINP 40 days or 14 days deadline. This question has been asked previously on this thread and while some said 14 days, others said 40 days...and this is irrespective of whether you have registered for one-key system or not.

Please confirm...please. Check other Canada threads....use google and all means to confirm this grey area.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sehawale: 9:56pm On May 05, 2017
damidamsel:
Hi All, Good day and Happy Friday!!! I do have a question to which all advise will be highly appreciated. In getting all docs ready (received ITA 3wks ago but stalling due to fbi pcc) and reading through recent comments, i realized some said i can take out my spouse work history and move to personal history, i however do need clarification. I see that i only got points for my hubby's ielts but no points for education (as I claimed no evaluation) and no points for work. However the entire funds for the trip is in my hubby's acct though i have access. We tried changing it to a joint account but not possible so we decided he will move it to me and give me a gift deed....
1) With this situation, can i still take out his work history and put in personal history so we don't need to get reference
2) Do we need to explain the source of his funds?
3) Would i need his bank statement or not
4) I have a current acct n savings acct in gtb, an acct in stanchart, one in stanbic and a biz acct in Diamond. I also have a foreign acct. Off all these, the only acct with tangible funds (over 500k) is the biz account. Do i need to include all the statement for these accounts.
5) Do we need to include daughter's (she is less than a year old) bank statement too as i am the signatory because i read somewhere that all bank statements are required undecided
6) Do landed properties count as pof
7) I am currently self employed running prof devt training through my cac registered company which i added as part of employment, what do i submit as proof? Would cac doc and letter from clients suffice?

Sorry for my million and one questions, trying to cross all t's and dot all i's. Thanks

Please have you got your FBI PCC? How long did it eventually take if yes? Can you share a contact you used for fingerprinting at Alagbon if you did it there? I have also pmed you. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 10:43pm On May 05, 2017
Ehrnie:

Sorry to burst your bubble....but you REALLY need to confirm this OINP 40 days or 14 days deadline. This question has been asked previously on this thread and while some said 14 days, others said 40 days...and this is irrespective of whether you have registered for one-key system or not.

Please confirm...please. Check other Canada threads....use google and all means to confirm this grey area.
thanks. I'll check.

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.