Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605780 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 6:55am On Jan 05, 2016
hello guys, please here is a tough question.
my brother studied computer science/engineering'. Has IT certifications
during NYSC he worked with a one man business IT firm and was doing web designs for them.
post nysc he got a banking job and accepted the bank job.(the pay was good)
however the IT firm still contacts him for the web designs and pays him. this he does at his free time as a part time thing for extra income.

now his full time banking job does not qualify for EE application, 'can he use his part time web design job to apply?
bearing in mind he was doing both jobs concurrently. is it acceptable?
web design noc code 2175 skill type B
bank teller noc code 6155 skill type c

please i need contributions.
he makes monthly income on both jobs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WaySeeker: 11:18am On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks

irondome:

Go for PR directly. You would stand a good chance (at least through PNP) if you could jerk up your Writing score to 7.5 and may be reading to 8.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
britiko:
hello guys, please here is a tough question.
my brother studied computer science/engineering'. Has IT certifications
during NYSC he worked with a one man business IT firm and was doing web designs for them.
post nysc he got a banking job and accepted the bank job.(the pay was good)
however the IT firm still contacts him for the web designs and pays him. this he does at his free time as a part time thing for extra income.

now his full time banking job does not qualify for EE application, 'can he use his part time web design job to apply?
bearing in mind he was doing both jobs concurrently. is it acceptable?
web design noc code 2175 skill type B
bank teller noc code 6155 skill type c

please i need contributions.
he makes monthly income on both jobs.

Forget about the teller job, since it falls under noc C it doesn't qualify him. As for the IT job he has to have a minimum of 1 year full time or the equivalent in part time hours i.e 2 years part time. Since his nysc was in the IT job and I take it that he completed a full year there, so yes he qualifies. He can add his part time work there too so 1 yr full time plus 2 years part time will give you 2 years full time that he can claim points for, that is of course if his full time hours summed up to a minimum of 30 hrs per week and the part time a minimum of 15 hrs per week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by skyhadi16(m): 2:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
bolinchin:
OK.I was looking forward to a thread exclusively for express entry but that's OK.

Zandora kindly send me your mobile number I urgently need your assistance. here my email: skyhadi16@gmail.com please assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by skyhadi16(m): 2:08pm On Jan 05, 2016
zandora:
Hello all,

I've created this thread for Canadian Express Entry and outstanding FSW 2014 applicants since the previous thread became too long and has now been closed. I've also pasted a PDF link below which details the step by step instructions to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program via Express Entry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4gWGgP8Vy5lSjFoaC01ZUtOaTg/view

In order to apply for Express Entry via FSW you need to first have a minimum of 1 year full time (30 hrs a week) or 2 years part time (15 hrs a week) skilled work experience which falls under NOC code A,B or O. Check for your NOC code below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Next take your IELTS General test.

Then evaluate your degree or credentials via WES Canada (the best option). See link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

After doing the above, to find out if you've qualified you need to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in the FSW grid. Calculate your score below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Now that you've qualified, you can go ahead and complete your Express Entry profile via the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Other things you must have:

Reference letters to verify the work experience you're claiming points for in the specified format below:

Written on company letterhead.

Signed by the responsible officers/supervisor.

Have the printed name and job title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature.

Show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses

Stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

The letter must include 5 things:

Your job title.

The dates of your employment (ideal format: DD/MM/YYYYY).

Your salary per year (or month).

Your average hours per week.

A detailed list of your employment duties.

Next you need to provide police certificates from all the countries you've resided in for 6 months and above since you were 18 years. See link on how to obtain PC from various countries below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/index.asp

Then you need to provide proof of funds for you and/or your family:

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

Note: Birth certificates are no longer required for applicants but are only now required for your child/children.

Wishing you the best of luck smiley!

Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines

Zandora kindly send me your mobile number I urgently need your assistance. here my email: skyhadi16@gmail.com please assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
zandora:

Forget about the teller job, since it falls under noc C it doesn't qualify him. As for the IT job he has to have a minimum of 1 year full time or the equivalent in part time hours i.e 2 years part time. Since his nysc was in the IT job and I take it that he completed a full year there, so yes he qualifies. He can add his part time work there too so 1 yr full time plus 2 years part time will give you 2 years full time that he can claim points for, that is of course if his full time hours summed up to a minimum of 30 hrs per week and the part time a minimum of 15 hrs per week.

thank you Zandora.
please my next question is ,does he have to state the tellering job under his application where hes asked to give the full history of work experiences for the past 10 years or just ignore.
he had previously applied for a study permit,but was refused and he stated his telling job under work history in the form.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lalaska(m): 4:04pm On Jan 05, 2016
@Zandora and @Jesusdway ive tried severaly to download the IMM008 forms - GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA and IMM5562E SUPPLEMENTARY TRAVEL FORM. These keep returning some funny message on my adobe not being able to read it. I have installed the latest adebe with no success. Anyone having the same issue? or better still anyone who has the forms should please send to alexatule@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2016
britiko:

thank you Zandora.
please my next question is ,does he have to state the tellering job under his application where hes asked to give the full history of work experiences for the past 10 years or just ignore.
he had previously applied for a study permit,but was refused and he stated his telling job under work history in the form.

No. He should state the teller job under personal history and not work history since he's not going to gain any points from it. He should also be careful and ensure that what he put down when he filed for his student app matches what he fills now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 6:12pm On Jan 05, 2016
Lalaska:
@Zandora and @Jesusdway ive tried severaly to download the IMM008 forms - GENERIC APPLICATION FORM FOR CANADA and IMM5562E SUPPLEMENTARY TRAVEL FORM. These keep returning some funny message on my adobe not being able to read it. I have installed the latest adebe with no success. Anyone having the same issue? or better still anyone who has the forms should please send to alexatule@yahoo.com
Thanks

Try installing and using different browsers i.e. chrome, edge (windows 10), firefox or mozzila

I have had same issue and I resolved it like this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
Saskatchewan Immigration Nomination Program (SINP) documentation is good to try!
One lesson learned: It's gives you an opportunity to have almost all required documents for CIC ITA.

Just checked SINP, it's still open
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 6:58pm On Jan 05, 2016
40manlappy:
Good evening JesusDWay, zandora, superchi, Tola73, other gurus
I am applying for the Saskatchewan INP but I discovered that the only occupation NOC that is[i] remotely[/i] connected to my job experience even by way of nomenclature is "Business Development Officers and Marketing Researchers and Consultants". Meanwhile, I have about 9 years of experience in business development unit of the ban
Got the following information about the role "Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants conduct research, formulate policies and manage programs to stimulate industrial and commercial business investment or tourism in urban and rural areas, or to promote commercial or
industrial products and services. They are employed by government departments, international organizations, marketing firms and business associations or may be self-employed.
"
However, a second look at the job description of the role seem to suggest that it is not exactly about sales/marketing which I have been doing from inception. What are your thoughts on this? Thank you.

You're not absolutely correct. This NOC is cuts across industries from finance to IT et al.
If you have an idea and you do some research and come up with a product or service that is marketed then this is it if that what your job involves. It called different name in different industry.
The burden of this choice is actually on you to defend. If the job description in your work reference or experience is total different from the NOC description then CIC may flag it. So use it but make sure you can provide documentary facts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lalaska(m): 8:59pm On Jan 05, 2016
Thanks
superchi:

Try installing and using different browsers i.e. chrome, edge (windows 10), firefox or mozzila

I have had same issue and I resolved it like this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 06, 2016
For does that have already done their educational credential assessment (ECA) I want to ask if u did it on all your credentials or just the highest one. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by amarise: 6:58am On Jan 06, 2016
hello please I submitted mycic profile but was surprised to receive a message that am ineligible, please what next cos I want to apply for SINP EE? thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 7:13am On Jan 06, 2016
Please I need some help here. My hubby and I are working on our ECA and IELTS now after which we intend getting into the pool. We are expecting bulk funds in February which is to be used as POF ( and must sit in your account for 6months right? ) Question is, can we use our collective accounts which have had very good turnover over the period but without the POF right now along with the account that has sufficient POF for less than 6months? Can we scale through? Thanks for your help elders
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 06, 2016
amarise:
hello please I submitted mycic profile but was surprised to receive a message that am ineligible, please what next cos I want to apply for SINP EE? thanks

I have this issue to. Its very confusing..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 7:43am On Jan 06, 2016
lavivaavril:
Please I need some help here. My hubby and I are working on our ECA and IELTS now after which we intend getting into the pool. We are expecting bulk funds in February which is to be used as POF ( and must sit in your account for 6months right? ) Question is, can we use our collective accounts which have had very good turnover over the period but without the POF right now along with the account that has sufficient POF for less than 6months? Can we scale through? Thanks for your help elders

I don't think the money have to be there for 6 months, just a balance that reflect the required fund and a good transaction over the last 6 months. Yes you can use a joint account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:03am On Jan 06, 2016
amarise:

We can't just figure out why you're ineligible without knowing the information you put. You'll have to past the information you used in completing your profile here before we can know where u went wrong and also so we can calculate your score e.g your age, education, no of yes work experience, how much funds, no of family members etc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by amarise: 11:46am On Jan 06, 2016
so we can calculate your score e.g your age, education, no of yes work experience, how much funds, no of family members etc.[/quote]
@lady Zandora, am trying to submit through the cic wizard cos I have just 340 CRS. but I tot one can just submit and get lucky to be picked by a province. tnx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Phemmie72: 2:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
Please, which PNP is currently available? Precisely, the PNP that applicants would not need to go through EE
zandora:

You'll score low due to your age and qualification, the best option would be via PNP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lalaska(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2016
Seems like SINP is full after all. I tried to submit but got the notification that intake threshold has been reached while the number still reflects 500 on their website. Who else has been able to submit SINP EE application ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2016
hello pple, Please the ECA done by WES does it convert our CGPA from a total obtainable score of 5 to 4? can the report gotten from WES be used to apply to canadian universities? thanks for any kind response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
CIC just release the 24th Draw!
CRS 461 for 1463 candidates.
Congrats if you're one.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
morgan2006:
hello pple, Please the ECA done by WES does it convert our CGPA from a total obtainable score of 5 to 4? can the report gotten from WES be used to apply to canadian universities? thanks for any kind response

The ECA for EE is strictly for migration and from personal experience, it's got no conversion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
Pls who knows when this express entry program will end?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2016
shodexy:
Pls who knows when this express entry program will end?

Haha, this question is somehow oo. It will end after we all get into Canada.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaintoy(f): 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
lavivaavril:

lol. I like this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shopapa1(m): 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hello house,
I have questions about few things before I start to invest my time and money in the cic stuffs. I have a city and guilds IVQ advanced diploma in engineering and am worried if this will qualify under education since its not a conventional 3yrs or more university or polytechnic diploma.
Appreciate your responses house
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by skilfulsagei(m): 10:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hello guys, i need to thank Zandora and others for the wonderful work you are doing here. May God bless you all.
please , i need your pieces of advice. I'm a COREN registered Electrical Engineer and an assistant chief engineer(level 13) with one of Federal Government Agencies. I'm also a Chartered Accountant. i have been practising the two pari passu for years.i want to process the permanent residence to Canada. These are my questions;
1.can i put the two professions in my application? like assessing the two thru WES
2. My first degree is in electrical engineering. can i use only my ACA for the processing? i have Audit firm that can give me the employment letter
3.Which of the two professions do i have more chance?

Thanks and God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2016
lavivaavril:

Let's not be sentimental about issues here because it will not help anybody. The question was asked out of curiosity and simply needed a definite answer.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
shodexy:

Let's not be sentimental about issues here because it will not help anybody. The question was asked out of curiosity and simply needed a definite answer.

Many can tell you when it started but, I do not think anybody here knows when it will end.

However, it's always better to make hay while the Sun shines (especially if you are in Nigeria, where Power Distribution Companies may not give you light to dry it cheesy).

So, do what you want to do now if you qualify and have the means.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.