Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2615115 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 2:37pm On May 20, 2017
40manlappy:

You can use either ilovepdf dot com or smallpdf dot com to compress your documents.

Noted boss. You are just super always

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 2:41pm On May 20, 2017
Good day All.
Please am new
For Saskatchewan PN ,I read that applicant needs to provide birth certificates of both parents.Spouse also need parents birth certificates.
Please is this correct?just to be sure I understood what I read?
If yes , is an affidavit - age declaration sufficient for this?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ifunanya84: 3:13pm On May 20, 2017
Please how did you do your Iqas? Did you just send the printed filled form to your school?. And how long did it take .
ysmd:
Iqas assessment out. First professional university degree. For my law smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 3:16pm On May 20, 2017
Take out ANY job in category C. If the work experience in category A is not enough (less than 1 year), no worries. You're better off using category B only if you have more than 1 year work experience under that category.

damidamsel:

@40manlappy....thanks alot but does that mean i should take out all jobs that are Category C? The main job i intend using now is Category B and i have job experience of category A but not enough to use as primary occupation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yungreezy: 4:39pm On May 20, 2017
zandora:

Firstly I'm in Toronto and my job description centers around fraud.The pay is okay, nothing fantastic but this will significantly increase once I get a certification which I intend to pursue. I can't give you the exact amount of what I earn but what I can tell you is that it's between 40K - 60K CAD per annum. You do know that to be a nurse you have to obtain the qualifications first which can take a while. Therefore my advice would be that once you get here you apply for a job in banking which you already have experience in and then attend evening nursing classes or study so you can at least make some money. Yes Toronto is quite expensive but to be honest I don't see any major difference in costs between Toronto and any other cities in Ontario except you want to move to another province. The fact is 80% of the finance jobs are in Toronto so you're better of living somewhere around there. You could rent a basement apartment in a city just outside Toronto, say Scarborough or Mississauga, that'll be considerably cheaper. As for living in a smaller city far from Toronto, goodluck finding a job!

Life in Canada is really good, at least for me. I've lived in the UK for many years and I can confidently say I prefer Canada to the UK. The people here are really friendly and you'll very hardly ever experience racism especially if you reside around the GTA. Also you always hear about how cold the winter is in Canada but you'll never hear about the summer. The summer here is really hot (in Ontario)! Like Naija hot!! This is unlike other cold countries like the the UK where you experience similar weather throughout the season. Also in the summer there are a million and one things to do. Living here isn't bad at all, but that's from my experience.

Hello, I have my first degree in IT but I've worked in a bank since I finished nysc so no real IT working experience. I want to ask, if I use my banking experience for my PR application which I have to, can I still get jobs in IT when I land Canada? I want to move back to IT, what's your best advice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 5:27pm On May 20, 2017
yungreezy:

Hello, I have my first degree in IT but I've worked in a bank since I finished nysc so no real IT working experience. I want to ask, if I use my banking experience for my PR application which I have to, can I still get jobs in IT when I land Canada? I want to move back to IT, what's your best advice?

Whatever job experience you use on your PR app doesn't have anything to do with what job you do when you land in Canada. This is because IRCC/CIC DOES NOT share information with employers. So in other words, you can use say engineering experience to apply but when you land use banking experiences on your resume. However in regards to your banking experience, if that's what would be on your resume it'll be very difficult to land an IT job even with your IT degree but you could try getting one of those sought after IT certifications though.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by odrims: 5:42pm On May 20, 2017
hello guys, I am new on this thread. I am currently on my masters Here in Nigeria..(Msc in Public Administration), I would be through by December . I have 3 years work experience . where do I start from and what are the chances ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:44pm On May 20, 2017
odrims:
hello guys, I am new on this thread. I am currently on my masters Here in Nigeria..(Msc in Public Administration), I would be through by December . I have 3 years work experience . where do I start from and what are the chances ?

Go to page 0 and read say, the first 5 pages. Then you come back to ask specific questions if necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:46pm On May 20, 2017
40manlappy:
@zandora

Thanks for sharing. It has been said that Canadian employers value Canadian qualifications and certifications.

Once PPR lands, are there certifications that one can initiate from here before landing? What certifications would you recommend for a person whose experience is in banking?

zandora, you skipped this. Please take a look at this question.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flaiboy: 5:48pm On May 20, 2017
yungreezy:

You can definitely get IT jobs. While processing your PR application, I will suggest u start acquiring IT certifications that will give you an edge when you start applying for IT jobs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flaiboy: 6:00pm On May 20, 2017
40manlappy:
@zandora

Thanks for sharing. It has been said that Canadian employers value Canadian qualifications and certifications.

Once PPR lands, are there certifications that one can initiate from here before landing? What certifications would you recommend for a person whose experience is in banking?

The certifications I will recommend are csc, cfp, mutual funds, etc. Check www.csi.ca.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:12pm On May 20, 2017
flaiboy:

The certifications I will recommend are csc, cfp, lmutual funds, etc. Check www.csi.ca.

Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flaiboy: 6:15pm On May 20, 2017
40manlappy:
@zandora

I know this message was for Zandora, but think I can help base on my experience here. The certifications I will recommend are csc, cfp, mutual funds, etc. You can initiate the process from naija, get your course materials, start studying and write the exam when you land. Check out www.csi.ca.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:32pm On May 20, 2017
flaiboy:

I know this message was for Zandora, but think I can help base on my experience here. The certifications I will recommend are csc, cfp, mutual funds, etc. You can initiate the process from naija, get your course materials, start studying and write the exam when you land. Check out www.csi.ca.

I appreciate the fact that you volunteered the information. God bless!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teeebest(m): 6:49pm On May 20, 2017
flaiboy:

@Flaiboy: I teach mathematics in a public secondary school and my wife is also a teacher(School Counsellor). Are there teaching opportunities for immigrant teachers in Canada?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flaiboy: 7:39pm On May 20, 2017
teeebest:

@Flaiboy: I teach mathematics in a public secondary school and my wife is also a teacher(School Counsellor). Are there teaching opportunities for immigrant teachers in Canada?

Thanks.

There are teaching opportunities across Canada, cos quite a number of provinces have been making more investments into public education. To teach in Alberta, where I live, pls check https://education.alberta.ca/applying-for-teacher-certification-the-guide/steps-to-apply-for-teacher-certification/

Each province has its own requirements, but that should help you if you want to move to Alberta.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 7:56pm On May 20, 2017
there is a transcript request form on their site.
Fill it include your reference number and let your school also do their par.The school will send both the form and your transcript directly to iqas.

Dont forget to send your application form your passport and a copy of your cert.

Pls go thru their site the step by step procedure is stated der.

ifunanya84:
Please how did you do your Iqas? Did you just send the printed filled form to your school?. And how long did it take .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teeebest(m): 8:09pm On May 20, 2017
flaiboy:

There are teaching opportunities across Canada, cos quite a number of provinces have been making more investments into public education. To teach in Alberta, where I live, pls check https://education.alberta.ca/applying-for-teacher-certification-the-guide/steps-to-apply-for-teacher-certification/

Each province has its own requirements, but that should help you if you want to move to Alberta.

Really appreciate this!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Trikings2000: 8:36pm On May 20, 2017
Please I need a quick answer to this question before I select a province.

Which province is one likely going to get a Job offer in Food production company (FMCG) or to be more specific in a brewery? A production company not suited to food production may be considered as well.

I currently work as a shift packaging Manager in a Brewery.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:43pm On May 20, 2017
Please, is there anyone in the house whose NOC is 0821 (Managers in agriculture) or who knows somebody who did? I want to know if someone with a degree that is not related to Agriculture but who has managed a poultry farm for about 10 years can make headway if he/she selects the NOC code.

Employment requirements
Extensive farming experience, obtained as a farm supervisor or specialized crop or livestock worker or by working on a farm, is usually required.
A university degree or college diploma in agricultural management or other field related to crop or livestock production may be required.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 20, 2017
Hello guyz,

This POF part is my major concern. Might b difficult raising d required fund but possible to get it into my account, print out my account statement then withdraw(maybe some parts i.e. d one borrowed which might be up to 50% of the total amount) to give back to d owner probably d same day. Do they always contact banks to know present account balance at d time they are treating applications? If they do, is anything wrong with them discovering about 50% of the required fund in d account considering d fact dat it's expected for one to continue doing his/her business with his money while waiting for visa. What do u guyz think about dis?

Also, must d letter from the bank necessarily include average balance over six month cos average balance might b extremely low for an account with little amount of money over d last six months despite d last minute deposit of a large sum of money just before statement is printed since they are asking for average.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:24pm On May 20, 2017
Trikings2000:

Which province is one likely going to get a Job offer in Food production company (FMCG) or to be more specific in a brewery? A production company not suited to food production may be considered as well.

Google cities in Canada and check for jobs related to your field. That's the best way to find out if there are jobs in your field in a province.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amakyzuu: 9:26pm On May 20, 2017
MrsBee:
Hello people, WES came back with my ECA yesterday. Faster than I prepared for although my husband's own is still undergoing verification process.
My timeline is
Certificate Received - April 5 2017
Transcript Received - April 17 2017
Verification Request- April 27 2017
School Responded - May 4 2017
ECA - May 17 2017.

Lucky you!!! Which institution was it?

Waiting for my husband's ECA and IELTS result.

Just wondering if it's possible to have two express entry profiles, then one can be withdrawn if ITA is received on the other. Please advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by damidamsel: 10:30pm On May 20, 2017
Gymme:
Take out ANY job in category C. If the work experience in category A is not enough (less than 1 year), no worries. You're better off using category B only if you have more than 1 year work experience under that category.

Thanks a whole lot!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kusiroll(m): 10:46pm On May 20, 2017
Pls my frnd has IELTS but it's academic not general total band score was 8.5. Can he use this for express entry application?. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:57pm On May 20, 2017
kusiroll:
Pls my frnd has IELTS but it's academic not general total band score was 8.5. Can he use this for express entry application?. Thanks

Please check page 0 of this thread. The answer you seek is there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by odrims: 11:10pm On May 20, 2017

guys please answer this biko
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flaiboy: 12:34am On May 21, 2017
Trikings2000:

Ontario, Alberta, BC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flaiboy: 12:36am On May 21, 2017
odrims:

guys please answer this biko

What kinda of job did you get your 3 years work experience from?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flaiboy: 12:37am On May 21, 2017
kusiroll:

No. It has to be general.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 1:28am On May 21, 2017
Currently waiting for my police certificate for UK.
Thinking of my LOE for POF.

1. Not printed my POF, cos I want the cash to stay a while, at least a month before I print my bank statement.
Is this safe?

2. After completing the form, can someone else login and make the payment for me?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 1:39am On May 21, 2017
Hello everyone. Its been a minute. Been busy settling in, landed last month. Congrats to all new ITA recipients and best wishes to all PPR hopefuls.
@zandora, thanks for coming back to contribute to the thread. warm e-hugs sent your way from mine. Most of the info I gathered as regards EE and fsw pr came from this thread and I can't thank you enough for starting it.
There is a thread for landed migrants to share their individual experiences. If you don't mind, you could check it out here https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant
@dupyshoo hola!
@slowlybtsurely, ugoiyke, onlineise, boldinc et al, how is the post eAPR waiting game going?

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.