Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2608417 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 9:57pm On May 31, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Boss what happens if they divorce while awaiting PR
This can happen. This can be a reason why POF shlould be in the PA's name .....
to avoid stories that touch.

You submit ADR with divorce or legal separation documents
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 9:58pm On May 31, 2017
bigbroda:
Congrats to d ITA recipients. I can imagine how happy u guyz are at d moment. I wish u all goodluck. I envy you, hope and pray to get mine soon. Also happy for myself at d moment sha cos WES finally gave me a soft copy of my evaluation report after much pressure, a task I started in January. Info. is key. I applied to WES before discovering dis thread and spent alot on transcripts and d rest to evaluate 3 different certificates instead of doing only d masters. It's all good, I'm kinda through with them, expecting d hard copy.

These guyz talking about customs/immigration officers asking for settlement fund proof at d point of entry are scaring me. U mean I should still have about 6M in my account(due to family size) after paying for flights and d rest just because I need to convince these guyz? Someone should please confirm d chance/probability(in percentage) of being ask dis question at d point of entry biko.

Oga they ask oh!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 10:01pm On May 31, 2017
glonyx:
Guys. Please I need your advice on WES. MY WES has been completed and sent to Nigeria since April 28. I used the standard delivery method. Is is supposed to be sent to my house address as filled in my WES profile ? Or am I supposed to go for it at maybe NIPOST? Anybody here with similar experience?

I logged on to my WES profile one day just to check my details and guess what I saw on the address..an ABA address". I dnt know where the address came up because I am nowhere near ABA. I just jejely corrected the address and when my report was ready, they delivered right at my house within a week and half. I did standard delivery as well. It's possible that report has gone to another address. I would advice you log on and check the address there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ottawaboi: 10:24pm On May 31, 2017
optionese:
@ottawaboi this your question has brought out the big guns. You are lucky, make sure you read everything and put it to good use.
I appreciate all the gurus who have taken their time to disect my matter. I won't make up my mind yet cos there seems to be so many perspectives .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:26pm On May 31, 2017
Ehrnie:

Thanks for your prompt response. Please can you explain the process of requesting for it? Is this something I have to do via my CIC account?

Many thanks and apologies for the long questions.

I read somewhere that it's better to ask after medical passed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:50pm On May 31, 2017
vcole:

@onlineise @esosa4real @40manlappy and all those that are habakkuk-ing, una wan use laugh tear my belle!!!!

We've got to keep the faith! grin

Trust you are doing fine. I am following your post-landing posts bumper-to-bumper!

@ajiifixing Welcome bro. All glory be to God smiley

@optionese I hail thee! Don't mind Gymme joor. Sip your zobo drink, nothing do you cheesy

It's been a full house today...and an interesting one cool

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by peppers: 11:01pm On May 31, 2017
Hello house, please can someone advise. A friend of mine used An agent to apply amen has gotten ITA but he wants to remove the agent from my profile after getting ITA. Would there be any complications? He is not using the agent again and does not want his details in his application again. Please advise. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 31, 2017
Boss13:

Oga they ask oh!

I understand and I know d importance. No one would even travel without having some dough to settle down with to an extent at least. I'm actually asking to know if dat money has to be up to d stated/required amount on d POF page. Considering d fact dat some of d dough presented during the post ITA stage might have been spent of flight, shopping, etc. thereby reducing what is available to show. What do u think about dis?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:19pm On May 31, 2017
bigbroda:

I understand and I know d importance. No one would even travel without having some dough to settle down with to an extent at least. I'm actually asking to know if dat money has to be up to d stated/required amount on d POF page. Considering d fact dat some of d dough presented during the post ITA stage might have been spent of flight, shopping, etc. thereby reducing what is available to show. What do u think about dis?

I believe what you have will be reviewed with the basic minimum required for your family. However, in this case, you do not need to carry excess cash. You can only declare the cash you have with you and back up with documents. What is peculiar here is that Pension funds will be accepted even when you have not even initiated the 25% release process.

My brother on a sincere note - don't touch your POF till you get to Canada. You can only spend when you know you can replace it before you land. In fact, you may need way above your POF to really settle down. There is house rent, which is paid monthly, you need a car, clothing, if you do not get a furnished apartment, you need furniture. If you don't want to buy car - T-fare for Uber or Taxi. In fact, you need a financial plan and this is a personal matter/decision.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:22pm On May 31, 2017
peppers:
Hello house, please can someone advise. A friend of mine used An agent to apply amen has gotten ITA but he wants to remove the agent from my profile after getting ITA. Would there be any complications? He is not using the agent again and does not want his details in his application again. Please advise. Thank you

Very possible. There is a section required in the application if you want representation - tell him to indicate - NO. Representation means agents/3rd parties or immigration lawyers who can make enquiries about your application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 11:50pm On May 31, 2017
Feygbe:

Hello. Pls what paper type did you print the FD- 258 form on? The website says standard white paper stock. Can I get that at regular business centres?
Its the normal White A4 paper.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Wumiadeaj: 4:36am On Jun 01, 2017
Please if one is married but does not want to include spouse in any way because of marital issues as one will not be travelling with spouse and also one's international passport is in married name,a woman. How does one do it such that filling single and processing the express entry visa as single will not amount to misrepresentation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 01, 2017
Boss13:

I believe what you have will be reviewed with the basic minimum required for your family. However, in this case, you do not need to carry excess cash. You can only declare the cash you have with you and back up with documents. What is peculiar here is that Pension funds will be accepted even when you have not even initiated the 25% release process.

My brother on a sincere note - don't touch your POF till you get to Canada. You can only spend when you know you can replace it before you land. In fact, you may need way above your POF to really settle down. There is house rent, which is paid monthly, you need a car, clothing, if you do not get a furnished apartment, you need furniture. If you don't want to buy car - T-fare for Uber or Taxi. In fact, you need a financial plan and this is a personal matter/decision.

Thanks bro!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 5:48am On Jun 01, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

I read somewhere that it's better to ask after medical passed

Thanks for your response. What's the process for asking if eventually I want to...? Email...via CIC account...?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:00am On Jun 01, 2017
Ehrnie:

Thanks for your response. What's the process for asking if eventually I want to...? Email...via CIC account...?

You cannot request directly; a Canadian citizen or PR has to request for it on your behalf. I think I also read somewhere that there are some entities that can also do that for you at a fee.

Have you gotten AOR? How many days post-AOR now? Passed medicals? Don't think you should worry too much about it for now if you haven't passed medicals.

Even with medicals passed, you may just get several pages of information that has no real value to you. You can Google "GCMS notes" for more information.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 6:05am On Jun 01, 2017
[/quote] VCole:

My hubby transferred over 70% of the total POF to my account without including his bank statement and my application was approved. I did not even provide my bank statements for over 6 months. I just got a letter from my bank that met IRCC requirements. So, I am sure it works.

[/quote]

Please for those who have gotten letters from their banks before (IRCC requirements met),can you avail us the list of Banks that give complete letters.
Some of us who have accounts in those banks might prefer to use those banks instead o.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by rikkyfred(m): 6:30am On Jun 01, 2017
Good Morning people,
I have been reading this thread since page o but
I still do have some Questions. is it mandatory that there should be a correlation between what you read in school and the noc job you have experience in?
because I have a masters in philosophy but I am a fashion model/fitness instructor.. in fact ,I have been since 2013.
now the question i have with fashion modeling( it is a skilled job) is the documentation of work experience. I have worked with modeling agencies that signed me, but I submitted the forms I signed. I can request for them for they can serve as employment letter. what about the salary aspect and the role u played in the organization as u know modeling is not as documented as a bank/office job? same goes for the fitness instructor job too. not sure if the gym has a website, company logo with any official employment letter. any advice on how to officially package my modeling experience with salary n role documentation?

and is it compulsory to have your certificate before your degree is evaluated by Wes or iqas? i currently do not have my certificate with me. I only have my unofficial transcript. nothing else.
lastly how much is Wes and iqas in naira?
thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 6:45am On Jun 01, 2017
rikkyfred:
Good Morning people,
I have been reading this thread since page o but
I still do have some Questions. is it mandatory that there should be a correlation between what you read in school and the noc job you have experience in?
because I have a masters in philosophy but I am a fashion model/fitness instructor.. in fact ,I have been since 2013.
now the question i have with fashion modeling( it is a skilled job) is the documentation of work experience. I have worked with modeling agencies that signed me, but I submitted the forms I signed. I can request for them for they can serve as employment letter. what about the salary aspect and the role u played in the organization as u know modeling is not as documented as a bank/office job? same goes for the fitness instructor job too. not sure if the gym has a website, company logo with any official employment letter. any advice on how to officially package my modeling experience with salary n role documentation?

and is it compulsory to have your certificate before your degree is evaluated by Wes or iqas? i currently do not have my certificate with me. I only have my unofficial transcript. nothing else.
lastly how much is Wes and iqas in naira?
thank you

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp
Did you follow this link to see whether you fall into category 0, A or B? You need to fall into those categories yo be eligible.

Then Google WES and check their requirements as I think what you have is sufficient. The most important thing is getting your institution to send them your transcripts directly.

Lastly, try and read this thread as much as you can to gain as much knowledge on this journey.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maxxy: 6:47am On Jun 01, 2017
Wumiadeaj:
Please if one is married but does not want to include spouse in any way because of marital issues as one will not be travelling with spouse and also one's international passport is in married name,a woman. How does one do it such that filling single and processing the express entry visa as single will not amount to misrepresentation.

You can apply as married but indicate you are not going over with your spouse.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Wumiadeaj: 7:03am On Jun 01, 2017
With the various assessments for eligibility I have filled, I noticed one has to pick married or single, you have more mark if you pick single while some marks will be deducted if married, in the case one applies as married but not going with common law partner therefore not getting any mark for that common law partner in terms of IELTS, certificate assessment, age won't one av less mark and also, won't they still request for d partner's police report, criminal background check,medical report and count one's proof of fund as having to be for two.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by rikkyfred(m): 7:08am On Jun 01, 2017
bbaby84:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp
Did you follow this link to see whether you fall into category 0, A or B? You need to fall into those categories yo be eligible.

Then Google WES and check their requirements as I think what you have is sufficient. The most important thing is getting your institution to send them your transcripts directly.

Lastly, try and read this thread as much as you can to gain as much knowledge on this journey.

Good luck!
thanks . I already did, it falls under category b. the clarification I need is the difference in my degree n the modeling? won't registering for job bank limit u to university degree?
and also about the documentation from my employer. modeling has no basic monthly salary etc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 7:24am On Jun 01, 2017
Woke up to ITA this morning, ese o eyin thread members, Oluwa a gbo adura gbogbo wa!

The journey continues...

Thank you heavenly Father.

P.S Jaybee3, I don dey leave you go small small be that o grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Don't you think that in this case, there would be a request for further POF? Which would cause further delays that could have been avoided?

There is nothing absolutely wrong with the spouse transferring the bulk sum to the wife (Same in my case) and then writing an LOE... If you read what other's wrote carefully, you would realize they suggested an LOE and not a gift of deed as you have been stating... you do not need a gift of deed if the money is from your spouse...

I can't remember the name of the poster that needed the advice, but it's very simple and has been a case a lot of times on this thread. Simply transfer the money to your wife and explain in a letter why you did so... (To meet up with IRCC's rule of PA having the POF in his/her name).

All the best!

Boss13:

You submit ADR with divorce or legal separation documents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by uptown17: 7:34am On Jun 01, 2017
hello house.please who has seen his/her unilag transcript before? as request is done online i wanted to proceed with payment & generated RRR on remita with my matric number, alas it generated my name and and title as MR. i am however a female.
please
is this a deal breaker that i have to correct before proceeding with ECA or title isnt stated on transcript?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 7:41am On Jun 01, 2017
ajiolaoluwa:
Apply to the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program through International Skilled Worker: Occupation In-Demand

Click here to read more http://jobscholar.com.ng/canadian-immigrant-nominee-program/

Justwise or other moderators.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 7:58am On Jun 01, 2017
I have seen the transcript before. On the transcript, your title (MR/MRS) is not stated. What is stated is SEX: MALE/FEMALE. It seems however that they may use the generated form to fill that portion of the transcript. Not sure.

To be safe and avoid stories that touch, just try and clarify with the Records Office.

Cheers.

uptown17:
hello house.please who has seen his/her unilag transcript before? as request is done online i wanted to proceed with payment & generated RRR on remita with my matric number, alas it generated my name and and title as MR. i am however a female.
please
is this a deal breaker that i have to correct before proceeding with ECA or title isnt stated on transcript?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jaybee3(m): 8:22am On Jun 01, 2017
tollu:
Woke up to ITA this morning, ese o eyin thread members, Oluwa a gbo adura gbogbo wa!

The journey continues...

Thank you heavenly Father.

P.S Jaybee3, I don dey leave you go small small be that o grin

Meanie

Your PM working?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 8:26am On Jun 01, 2017
uptown17:
please

Don't mind those yeye people, everybody is Mr in Unilag. Anyways, no such thing as title on my IQAS or husband's WES assessment. I can't say if things will change ooo but I didn't bother my head about it.

Besides, I believe you'd need to enter correct titles when applying for the evaluation.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 8:26am On Jun 01, 2017
You are right on point @bolded. It is only if you are divorced that you don't require your partner's documentations and your CRS score will be calculated like a single applicant.
Wumiadeaj:
With the various assessments for eligibility I have filled, I noticed one has to pick married or single, you have more mark if you pick single while some marks will be deducted if married, in the case one applies as married but not going with common law partner therefore not getting any mark for that common law partner in terms of IELTS, certificate assessment, age won't one av less mark and also, won't they still request for d partner's police report, criminal background check,medical report and count one's proof of fund as having to be for two.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 8:28am On Jun 01, 2017
jaybee3:

Meanie

Your PM working?

grin

The associated mail has brain touch but I'd go see if I can sort it out. If not, will drop an alt email shortly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jaybee3(m): 8:32am On Jun 01, 2017
tollu:

grin

The associated mail has brain touch but I'd go see if I can sort it out. If not, will drop an alt email shortly.

Okay great

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.