Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603475 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DeutschJunge: 12:03am On Jun 06, 2017
Jumdah20:
Start with page 0 and make your way down gradually. It's quite a process, you should make time to read through

thanks for your reply. i have followed a similar thread before, and most times its repetitive information or irrelevant info that forms a chunk of it. usually there are a couple of pages with the relevant info, i am asking the thread veterans where i can find it. i am not asking to be spoon fed. thanks..
WellEndowed:

You no well

dude, will it kill you to be nice?

modified

never mind.. i found the details. thanks anyways

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 06, 2017
DeutschJunge:

thanks for your reply. i have followed a similar thread before, and most times its repetitive information or irrelevant info that forms a chunk of it. usually there are a couple of pages with the relevant info, i am asking the thread veterans where i can find it. i am not asking to be spoon fed. thanks..

dude, will it kill you to be nice?

modified

never mind.. i found the details. thanks anyways

You still no well

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 5:23am On Jun 06, 2017
Lol, this one never ready...and I also read that you are not looking for info to be spoonfed, having repetitive info here and blablabla yadayadayada
This forum is not your place biko, carry yourself go CIC website. All the information you need is there,100% and straight to the point. Canada here you come! It is a bike ride away. Come back here to gist us about your success story and share your timeline grin grin

Thank me later!

DeutschJunge:
hey guys, i would like to relocate to canada. not as a student but to go there and look for a job. i am sure the process and answers are in this tread somewhere, unfortunately i can read through all 500 pages at this time. man must hustle no time. can you guys please be kind enough to specify the range of pages i need to read with the relevant information. thanks guys

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 6:43am On Jun 06, 2017
DeutschJunge:
hey guys, i would like to relocate to canada. not as a student but to go there and look for a job. i am sure the process and answers are in this tread somewhere, unfortunately i can read through all 500 pages at this time. man must hustle no time. can you guys please be kind enough to specify the range of pages i need to read with the relevant information. thanks guys

Read the first say 5 - 10 pages here. This should give you a general understanding.

Visit canada immigration's website to understand the procedures and any changes ( CIC.GC.ca).

Also visit canadavisa.com. Check the Sticky Threads on the 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' Forum.

Then you can come back here and jump to every say 50 pages and read a few pages up or down it. That should give you more knowledge in a Nigerian context and with Nigerian experiences. You may have to fly to other referred pages or follow a conversation. You can also use the search engine for specific info. The pages from Jan 2017 to date should interest you too.

There will be other websites to visit, but you will know through links from the above as you get along.

Make sure you open a file on your PC or get a notebook to put down key info. Also write a personalised to do list. It's a long process and you must take personal responsibility!

You can then ask specific questions.

Don't thank me, just pray for me that God should answer my prayers and put me in the right direction.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TheWiX(m): 7:08am On Jun 06, 2017
Please how much is the IELTS exam now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 06, 2017
TheWiX:

check their website

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yingman: 8:05am On Jun 06, 2017

TheWiX:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Wumiadeaj: 8:12am On Jun 06, 2017
Please if when medical examination is done, something is seen as wrong with a partner who is not accompanying, can it stop or delay the principal partner from getting residency
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Wumiadeaj: 8:26am On Jun 06, 2017
Please if any medical issue is found with a partner who is not accompanying, maybe chest or lung issue during x-ray, will it prevent the principal partner from being given PR status. Also if the partner has been denied a US visit visa based in the ground that he does not have strong ties and suspicion he won't return after d visit period, does it also affect the principal partner.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamIye: 8:34am On Jun 06, 2017
Good morning all.
I notified CIC about a change in my marital status on May 8th (Submitted my application & received AOR in April).
I used the Case Specific Inquiry form and also sent a mail to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca but I still haven't been sent a link to add my spouse to my application.
The Case Specific Inquiry auto-reply said I'll get a response in 10 business days. When i didn't get anything after 10 business days I completed the form again and sent it and I've still not gotten a response.
Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 8:38am On Jun 06, 2017
hakeemgp:
...hello team still expecting responses please. Thanks

"Team Canada".... wink

Address is:

Central Intake Office (CIO),
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC),
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada

Hope this helps...?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 8:45am On Jun 06, 2017
Wumiadeaj:
Please if any medical issue is found with a partner who is not accompanying, maybe chest or lung issue during x-ray, will it prevent the principal partner from being given PR status. Also if the partner has been denied a US visit visa based in the ground that he does not have strong ties and suspicion he won't return after d visit period, does it also affect the principal partner.

The partner will be asked to redo the test. If it is serious. It may delay the application process and treatment maybe recommendation. After treatment and doctor's recommendation, the application process can continue.

On Visa denial - No. just indicate that the partner has been denial a US visa and the reason. Not indicating is termed as misrepresentation and results to outright rejection plus a 5 year ban. They will get to know because they share information with US, UK, Australia and most developed countries embassies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Wumiadeaj: 8:55am On Jun 06, 2017
Thanks, what of if the partner gave information that he worked somewhere on his US visa application back then but the wife who is a principal partner for Canadian express entry does not indicate he worked in that place but instead indicates he worked in another place where he actually worked before. While sharing information with US embassy, can this cause an issue for the principal partner.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hope15: 8:58am On Jun 06, 2017
Boss13:

The certificate is sufficient enough

Thanks Baba!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hope15: 8:58am On Jun 06, 2017
ymummy234:

from my experience - i used both FD bank statements (not all my accounts cos the documents was to large and the least it could reduce up to was 6mb to still make sense- otherwise it wont be legible) - The letter from the bank was quite difficult and it may need you to escalate it to their manager or speak with your account officer. For my GTB account - the letter was quite impressive and the only information it did not have was the indemnity part which was issued using a separate letter - all bank balance was stated - date of opening was stated - average balance can be seen in the statement of account. The best way to request your reference letter from the bank is to go formal with them - i wrote a formal letter detailing info i wanted. Same thing for my other banks. Try as much as possible to get reference letter from the bank biko.

Thanks so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oddysey(m): 9:03am On Jun 06, 2017
Good day guys.

Please, while filling the EE form, a friend of mine mistakenly indicated settlement funds for 3 family members instead of for 4 and his application was deemed inelligible and there is no way to edit.

So, can he use another email address, generate a new GC key and re-enter the pool without any negative consequences? Your prompt response will be well appreciated. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 9:17am On Jun 06, 2017
Of course he can. I am not even sure there is any problem using the same email addy. But then again, if he wants to use a new email addy it should not be a problem at all.

oddysey:
Good day guys.

Please, while filling the EE form, a friend of mine mistakenly indicated settlement funds for 3 family members instead of for 4 and his application was deemed inelligible and there is no way to edit.

So, can he use another email address, generate a new GC key and re-enter the pool without any negative consequences? Your prompt response will be well appreciated. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 9:18am On Jun 06, 2017
Wumiadeaj:
Thanks, what of if the partner gave information that he worked somewhere on his US visa application back then but the wife who is a principal partner for Canadian express entry does not indicate he worked in that place but instead indicates he worked in another place where he actually worked before. While sharing information with US embassy, can this cause an issue for the principal partner.

You guys need to get your stories aligned.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by monique2002(f): 9:31am On Jun 06, 2017
Cala:
Hello All,

I got my COPR and visa stamp so I'm posting here just to encourage others. See my timeline below:

Aor- sept 9 2016

ADR ( schedule 4 and travel history)- Sept 27 2016

ADR ( passport biodata page, height and eye colour) - March 8 2017

Background check in progress- March 8 2017

PPR - April 24 2017

Passport sent to Accra through dhl - May 3 2017

Passport reached Accra - May 5 2017

Application approved - May 18 2017

Pick up mail sent - May 21 2017

COPR and visa received on hand - May 25 2017

Keep praying and never give up

Congrats ooo!! Where are you landing?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 9:34am On Jun 06, 2017
MzWalls:
Good Afternoon Everyone.

I've been a silent follower. I have learnt so much from this thread. Thanks to the founders and contributors.

I intend entering the pool by July/August. I recently sent credentials to WES. I should have 427 points. But with regards to POF, a family friend has offered to give me the money as a loan (I currently have just what i need fir all the processing) and i pay back from Canada.

Please, how do i go about it? I can only get the funds after ITA. Thus, it wouldn't have spent 6 months in ny account and there would be a sudden surge in my account balance.

Any ideas/suggestions on how i can make it work would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Get a declaration letter from a close relative stating the money is a gift, mention his source of income. you can use the person's letter head. attach statement of account showing the transfer from the person to your account. Adding your sponsors 6months statement of account will be helpful if the sponsor is not transfering from a business account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hakeemgp: 10:13am On Jun 06, 2017
hakeemgp:
Good day beautiful people.

I will be grateful of someone shares the CIC address to send all correspondence post ITA to e.g. Work Reference Letters, POF and LOE.

Thanks for your time. Cheers.

Please my request is still not answered. Help a brother. God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ymummy234: 10:20am On Jun 06, 2017
hakeemgp:

Please my request is still not answered. Help a brother. God bless

your request has been answered by @Erhnie - i have copied and pasting it again for you to see:

"Team Canada".... wink

Address is:

Hope this helps...?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hakeemgp: 10:32am On Jun 06, 2017
ymummy234:

your request has been answered by @Erhnie - i have copied and pasting it again for you to see:

"Team Canada".... wink

Address is:

Hope this helps...?

Thanks mate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Wumiadeaj: 10:49am On Jun 06, 2017
Please i want to ask if anyone used a lawyer/consultant here and if anyone knows about Attorney David Cohen's law firm(are they experienced enough to help in achieving success). I know Canreach is authentic as i have someone that used them but they are expensive. I am thinking about using a consultant as i have a lot of questions i could not get definitive answers to, doing it on my own is straight forward but my spouse is the issue, i want to ensure he does'nt act as "clog in the wheel" for me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oddysey(m): 10:50am On Jun 06, 2017
LordSebastian:
Of course he can. I am not even sure there is any problem using the same email addy. But then again, if he wants to use a new email addy it should not be a problem at all.

Thanks pal! Appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Wumiadeaj: 10:57am On Jun 06, 2017
If one notifies them of seperation or divorce, can one apply as single in that case and not mention the partner or one still has to mention the spouse and submit documents for such a spouse
Boss13:
I have read comments from this thread and the way they are being portrayed; it appears people intend to use it to stay relevant or to be liked and would insist you do it their way. That's not my aim needless to say that I don't seek such things. Hence my blunt response. However, I will address concerns especially indicating the flexibilities and choices available to make it easier and to address confusions.

Please see more evidence on this issue. Apart from the first link which is from CIC in 2014, others are updated 2017 version of provinces in Canada.

I particularly liked the way BC insist they will include your spouse's application and earnings except you notify them of a divorce or separation. This strongly continues to indicate that they see spouses as one.

http://www.fsw2014.info/proof-of-funds-for-the-application/

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/resident/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/applicants-international-skilled-workers/international-skilled-worker-saskatchewan-express-entry/required-documents-for-saskatchewan-express-entry

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf
(Check page 7)

https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/14a55c84-1301-4959-8a5d-888785a2ac2a/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-and-Express-Entry-BC-Program-Guide.aspx
(Check page 12 - 13)

http://www.gov.pe.ca/forms/pdf/1861.pdf
(Check page 45)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:00am On Jun 06, 2017
Wumiadeaj:

I'm afraid Chief, your hypothetical story is a bit disjointed. I was unable to understand your line of thought here. Can you please make it more real. If it is you - there is no shame in it. That is why you are here to seek other people's opinion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:01am On Jun 06, 2017
Wumiadeaj:
If one notifies them of seperation or divorce, can one apply as single in that case and not mention the partner or one still has to mention the spouse and submit documents for such a spouse

You will still have to mention. He/She was family, but you indicate divorce or separated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:02am On Jun 06, 2017
Wumiadeaj:
Please i want to ask if anyone used a lawyer/consultant here and if anyone knows about Attorney David Cohen's law firm(are they experienced enough to help in achieving success). I know Canreach is authentic as i have someone that used them but they are expensive. I am thinking about using a consultant as i have a lot of questions i could not get definitive answers to, doing it on my own is straight forward but my spouse is the issue, i want to ensure he does'nt act as "clog in the wheel" for me.

You have not stated the issue. You may be surprised that you are not alone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ymummy234: 11:04am On Jun 06, 2017
Wumiadeaj:

Hellos there, so i used a lawyer - but first and foremost she was first my friend, we had worked together in lagos at various law firms before she relocated. To be honest, i could have done it myself without her but then i didnt mind paying her because she is my friend, and we ended up working hand in hand together- and me with my ocd prolly almost frustrated her sef but what are friends for if not to frustrate each other - lol

for David cohen - i thought OMG they will be the best, cos i get their newsletter bla bla bla bla - but i hate to be bearer of bad news but they are overwhelmed - i have two people using them and their process of reviewing your document is probably even longer than when cic will issue you ppr. they ask for all sorts of docs that even me i know is not needed - eg transcript of lawschool - they delayed my friends till ITA almost expired claiming they are doing Quality control of all submitted documents - you will be angry frustrated and you will pay plenty money - their fee is not small. My advise, is if you can read through, please do and do it yourself. My in law did it himself and he has PPR in 68 days.- no agent nothing. I have a friend we received ITA almost same time- they have not even responded to their review of documents not to talk of approval to submit - their last response was that his own is not priority because he still has time before expiration for ITA and priority are ppl whose ITA are expiring in the following days - his ITA expires july and he has no clue when they will submit. To be fair, they have become like Nigerian tailor, collect your cloth even when they have too many cloth to sew - and put you on is coming - but with the amount being paid - i BELIEVE they will submit on time - just may not be at the time you want them to submit

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:07am On Jun 06, 2017
oddysey:
Good day guys.

He cannot be deemed ineligible if he mistakenly indicated settlement funds for 3 instead of 4. Except he then provided documents to show POF for 3 rather than 4 and that is no longer a mistake. Quite unfortunate.

Yes he can return back into the pool to reapply - was his application fee returned?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hifyty(m): 11:19am On Jun 06, 2017
IELTS has released our May 13th Results today and we came out flying. Glory to God.

Me: L:8 R:7.5 W 7 S 7.5

Wifey: L:8 R:8.5 W 7 S 8.5

Our ECA is ready so we are diving into the pool immediately.

Cheers!

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.