Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603469 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ymummy234: 11:21am On Jun 06, 2017
hifyty:
IELTS has released our May 13th Results today and we came out flying. Glory to God.

Me: L:8 R:7.5 W 7.5 S 7.5

Wifey: L:8 R:8.5 W 7 S 8

Our ECA is ready so we are diving into the pool immediately.

Cheers!

nice one - congratulations - you may be lucky to get ITA tomorrow if there is a draw ooo

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by czaratwork: 11:22am On Jun 06, 2017
waste of money using consultant. DIY (DO IT YOURSELF)advised. There is a lot of materials on the net to assist you
Wumiadeaj:
Please i want to ask if anyone used a lawyer/consultant here and if anyone knows about Attorney David Cohen's law firm(are they experienced enough to help in achieving success). I know Canreach is authentic as i have someone that used them but they are expensive. I am thinking about using a consultant as i have a lot of questions i could not get definitive answers to, doing it on my own is straight forward but my spouse is the issue, i want to ensure he does'nt act as "clog in the wheel" for me.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Wumiadeaj: 11:24am On Jun 06, 2017
Boss13:

You have not stated the issue. You may be surprised that you are not alone.
Thanks a lot Boss13, but the case is ok, let me say all, i have a spouse he went to apply for US visiting visa without telling me(behind my back), though we said we will do Canadian Express entry and i will be the prinicipal partner, but men can think they are smart. He now has a close friend who went to USA with visiting visa, whom i will call an illegal immigrant cos he has the intention of over staying, the friend kept pushing him and giving him ideas till he decided to do the visiting thing behind my back.Am sure they both packaged lies to give them at the American embassy as he cannot afford to just visit, he doesnt have a stable means of income while i do, he used my fund by using my asset to obtain fund for the runs. Then he was denied the visa, he says the reason they denied him is that they say he doesnt have strong ties in Nigeria. Now i want to process Canadian Express Entry visa and am seeing he might be a clog in the wheel for me since the embassies communicate and i do not want to put any false information on my record for anyone, i do not need to put false information for myself as i do not have any and do not believe in such.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Wumiadeaj: 11:29am On Jun 06, 2017
He said he did not see my traction again, that it looks like i am not serious about the Canadian plan cos he felt i av an ok job in Nigeria, meanwhile, i was busy gathering and making plans for two people and i have never been the type to be desperate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 11:47am On Jun 06, 2017
CIC has updated their AoR page, has anyone noticed? I think it's simpler now with each applicant's detail displayed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 11:52am On Jun 06, 2017
Wumiadeaj:

Thanks a lot Boss13, but the case is ok, let me say all, i have a spouse he went to apply for US visiting visa without telling me(behind my back), though we said we will do Canadian Express entry and i will be the prinicipal partner, but men can think they are smart. He now has a close friend who went to USA with visiting visa, whom i will call an illegal immigrant cos he has the intention of over staying, the friend kept pushing him and giving him ideas till he decided to do the visiting thing behind my back.Am sure they both packaged lies to give them at the American embassy as he cannot afford to just visit, he doesnt have a stable means of income while i do, he used my fund by using my asset to obtain fund for the runs. Then he was denied the visa, he says the reason they denied him is that they say he doesnt have strong ties in Nigeria. Now i want to process Canadian Express Entry visa and am seeing he might be a clog in the wheel for me since the embassies communicate and i do not want to put any false information on my record for anyone, i do not need to put false information for myself as i do not have any and do not believe in such.

Laughs - You don't have any problem at all. Just indicate that your husband has been refused a visa. It's not a problem, but it becomes one when you do not state it.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 11:53am On Jun 06, 2017
Wumiadeaj:

State everything about him cos they do background check, if u r not together upload the divorce or separation papers. Just don't hold any info back.

From ur story I think u will need to mend fences cos u will need to submit his medical test form.

You should think about what u want to do properly. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Wumiadeaj: 11:55am On Jun 06, 2017
Won't I need to fill information like his job and obtain letter from place of work for him also
Boss13:

Laughs - You don't have any problem at all. Just indicate that your husband has been refused a visa. It's not a problem, but it becomes one when you do not state it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
Wumiadeaj:
Won't I need to fill information like his job and obtain letter from place of work for him also

You know what Wumi, you need to articulate all your concerns in one comment so that everyone can have a good idea. I recall reading of a medical issue. I also recall reading where you indicate divorce or separation. Articulate everything. There are more than capable hands and experienced people who may also be in similar issues like yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Wumiadeaj: 12:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
Not divorced or separated yet but considering it if need be, he does not have health issues, just thinking aloud in case he has since one has to submit the spouse's medical certificate even if he isnt accompanying. Also think he was not totally truthful on his place of work at the US embassy. I am considering applying as a single applicant while i support with a divorce proceeding/seperation letter cause i dont want to be caught in the web of misrepresentation and being banned for 5yrs because of his actions.Though my passport is in married name, i intend changing to maiden name.

You know what Wumi, you need to articulate all your concerns in one comment so that everyone can have a good idea. I recall reading of a medical issue. I also recall reading where you indicate divorce or separation. Articulate everything. There are more than capable hands and experienced people who may also be in similar issues like yourself.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 12:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
Wumiadeaj:
if u won't claim points for his work experience u can include it his personal history

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by percee17: 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
Boss13:

Very well said. Despite them being signatories doesn't give them the right to transfer monies from the business account to their personal account - though this is done very well in Nigeria; but for tax purpose it's very wrong. It means you are not paying enough tax to the government. You only pay PAYE based on your paid employment; but you are not declaring your entire income to the government and hence undercutting your taxes. This is a crime!!!

I would add that they show little evidence of them owing that business. A strict VO may ask for their tax clearance. A sales transaction to the business may be sufficient to move funds from the business account to their personal account.

The question that may be running in the VO's mind is - how come you work full time and still own a business?

Thanks to all who made contributions. It is well received. We've used the account statements for visa applications severally and no mention of tax oh. In fact we have a current Canada TRV which was also obtained with this statement. Thanks again. I appreciate the suggestions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MzWalls: 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2017
Babachi:

Get a declaration letter from a close relative stating the money is a gift, mention his source of income. you can use the person's letter head. attach statement of account showing the transfer from the person to your account. Adding your sponsors 6months statement of account will be helpful if the sponsor is not transfering from a business account.

Thank you for your response. It's from Business account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MzWalls: 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have one year experience. But, i have been without a definite employment since July last year. I have been running my small scale business which is not registered.

At the point of filling for the e-Apr, will this work against me (the one year of no work)?

Also, i am about starting NYSC, would it be wise to state this?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 12:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
Zilifish:

You see. Many people are just having analysis paralysis. Over analyzing a situation. grin

E reach to over analyze o. Need to ensure no loopholes for VO to say them no want you for Canny.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Investfirst: 1:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
joyuzo:
thanks sis. I pray so. But I need confirm the fax number from you...the fax number I see after the fax is sent is +17804229734. Is this fine and ok. Becos I'm thinking maybe there is an error in the fax number or so. It's really quite strange with my fax?

Joyuzo, Can you please list the document to be faxed to Iqas apart from transcript which the school will send directly. I know Degree or statement is one, what are the other things? Thanks for your expected feedback.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Wumiadeaj: 1:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
After spending so much of your hard earned money!
XX01:

E reach to over analyze o. Need to ensure no loopholes for VO to say them no want you for Canny.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
Wumiadeaj:
Not divorced or separated yet but considering it if need be, he does not have health issues, just thinking aloud in case he has since one has to submit the spouse's medical certificate even if he isnt accompanying. Also think he was not totally truthful on his place of work at the US embassy. I am considering applying as a single applicant while i support with a divorce proceeding/seperation letter cause i dont want to be caught in the web of misrepresentation and being banned for 5yrs because of his actions.Though my passport is in married name, i intend changing to maiden name.

You know what Wumi, you need to articulate all your concerns in one comment so that everyone can have a good idea. I recall reading of a medical issue. I also recall reading where you indicate divorce or separation. Articulate everything. There are more than capable hands and experienced people who may also be in similar issues like yourself.

Hi -

Like others have advised, you need to do two things;

(1) Articulate all your concerns/questions (in one post), so it can be easily understood.
(2) Talk to your husband and understand the circumstances surrounding his USA refusal. You need to know exactly what he told them or filled out in his application form. I am hearing you say they refused him because he has no ties in Nigeria. My understanding of this is that he may not have declared he is married...because if he did, then that's more than enough family ties.

You sound so agitated, hence the disjointed posts. I plead with you to relax because only then can you make an informed decision.

All the best embarassed

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by onosgregg(m): 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2017
[quote author=MummyJaygirls post=57229067][/quote]
Hi there please through my 7 Steps IELTS Prep Process

@onosgregg 7 Steps IELTS Coaching Method
@onosgregg IELTS step-by-step prep/coaching method
Step 1: Evaluation test
My very first engagement with an IELTS client is to conduct an evaluation test. That way we I am able to ascertain my client’s strengths and weaknesses before we get in the prep and coaching proper.
Step 2: Understanding IELTS test-band descriptors (Get in the mind of an IELTS examiner)
After conducting the first evaluation test, I then walk my clients through the IELTS test-band score. That way I help my clients get in the mind of the IELTS examiner. Basically understanding what’s expected of you.
Step 3: In-depth coaching and exercises for all 4 IELTS modules
This is by far the most essential and critical stage of my coaching process with a client. This is where we carry out actual exercises for all modules; Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
Step 4: Evaluation test
After carrying out thorough coaching and exercises we then conduct a second evaluation test. This time to see marked improvement in the client’s proficiency.
Step 5: Reinforce your understanding of IELTS test-band score
Reinforcing the IELTS band descriptors will impress in the mind of my client the need to get in the mind of examiner and be prepared to write and test by the rule.
Step 6: Walk through coaching and exercises
A walk through coaching and exercises will get my client prepared for our final evaluation test.
Step 7: Final evaluation test
On this final stage, the final evaluation test I get my client prepared for his/her IELTS proficiency test.

Not many IELTS tutors follow this process. However, this is a tested method. Please drop a comment share and repost.
Please drop me a message if it sounds good to you.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by onosgregg(m): 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
I have looked up David Cohen's official website and made necessary inquiries. He's legit, however a bit on the the high side using his service. You can do it yourself though.

czaratwork:
waste of money using consultant. DIY (DO IT YOURSELF)advised. There is a lot of materials on the net to assist you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyogirl: 1:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hello house,

So sorry to drag us back to this but I'm in the same boat as per boo coming from a polygamous background, having about a football team number of siblings shocked...so I'm thinking, if we decide not to include the half siblings details, could it be termed as misrepresentation Cos at the end they ask " have you told us about all...lagbaja's family" kindly assist with some insight on this please. ..Thanks. ..

Muchaio:
Hello,
After guest stalking this thread for a while, I finally registered.
Finally took the plunge and got ITA May 31. Now filling the forms and I have few questions that I'm begging the gurus to assist.

1. I assessed my ACCA certificate. Country of certificate is UK but I of course did it in Naija. How do I avoid UK PLC AS I've even never been to the UK?

2. My spouse (accompanying spouse) was refused UK visa a long time ago. B4 I even knew I go marry. Agent issh back then, she was advised to fashi the old passport and got a new one with the middle name stylishly modified (Eg Wura to Wuraola) however all her credentials except the passport has Wura. She has since gotten UK Visa severally on the new passport. Since it is more than 10yrs ago, do we need to worry/declare this? I'm afraid if they do BG check on the name, email fit go uproot skeleton.

3. I also have small comma on my certs, middle name wahala too (I'm a proper village boy no vex). While the name is stated as Wale on my BSc and ACCA, my MBA and passport carries Adewale. WES was issued on Wale cos during my days of ignorance, I evaluated ALL certs. I have gotten a sworn affidavit that we are both me. Will this suffice?

Abeg no vex,

4. Le Boo is from polygamous background. She doesn't want her half siblings anywhere around her application meanwhile the form asks for all family details. Can we just input her direct siblings and move? Me I don't want to play kalokalo with 2080CAD mbok

Gurus, please Epp me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 1:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
Shouldn't be a problem if he does not intend sponsoring his half siblings to Canada in the future and they will not be including his name in any of their future applications to Canada.
toyogirl:
Hello house,

So sorry to drag us back to this but I'm in the same boat as per boo coming from a polygamous background, having about a football team number of siblings shocked...so I'm thinking, if we decide not to include the half siblings details, could it be termed as misrepresentation Cos at the end they ask " have you told us about all...lagbaja's family" kindly assist with some insight on this please. ..Thanks. ..

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 2:12pm On Jun 06, 2017
Wumiadeaj:

Hi your marital issues seem fresh. I will try to understand your dilemma and offer a way forward

1.if you haven't done your IELTS and eca start now.

2.if you are unsure of what to do ie divorce or separation now fill your express entry form and apply as married. I see you have an MBA. If you are less than 32 you should get 428 with a score of 8777 on your IELTS.

3.when you get your ITA, you have 90 days to either get a divorce/separation or convince your husband to do medicals and police report.

4. You should seek cousel before starting this process considering your present situation. I recommend FIDA it's an umbrella for female lawyers. Ask your lawyer friends to give you a contact

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
onosgregg:

Hi there please through my 7 Steps IELTS Prep Process

@onosgregg 7 Steps IELTS Coaching Method
@onosgregg IELTS step-by-step prep/coaching method
Step 1: Evaluation test
My very first engagement with an IELTS client is to conduct an evaluation test. That way we I am able to ascertain my client’s strengths and weaknesses before we get in the prep and coaching proper.
Step 2: Understanding IELTS test-band descriptors (Get in the mind of an IELTS examiner)
After conducting the first evaluation test, I then walk my clients through the IELTS test-band score. That way I help my clients get in the mind of the IELTS examiner. Basically understanding what’s expected of you.
Step 3: In-depth coaching and exercises for all 4 IELTS modules
This is by far the most essential and critical stage of my coaching process with a client. This is where we carry out actual exercises for all modules; Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening.
Step 4: Evaluation test
After carrying out thorough coaching and exercises we then conduct a second evaluation test. This time to see marked improvement in the client’s proficiency.
Step 5: Reinforce your understanding of IELTS test-band score
Reinforcing the IELTS band descriptors will impress in the mind of my client the need to get in the mind of examiner and be prepared to write and test by the rule.
Step 6: Walk through coaching and exercises
A walk through coaching and exercises will get my client prepared for our final evaluation test.
Step 7: Final evaluation test
On this final stage, the final evaluation test I get my client prepared for his/her IELTS proficiency test.

Not many IELTS tutors follow this process. However, this is a tested method. Please drop a comment share and repost.
Please drop me a message if it sounds good to you.

Onos we don't advertise products here, keep it moving.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Investfirst:

Joyuzo, Can you please list the document to be faxed to Iqas apart from transcript which the school will send directly. I know Degree or statement is one, what are the other things? Thanks for your expected feedback.

If you fill the IQAS form you will get a personalised checklist. Go to their website and determine the documents that you need.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MzWalls: 2:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
MzWalls:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I have one year experience. But, i have been without a definite employment since July last year. I have been running my small scale business which is not registered.

At the point of filling for the e-Apr, will this work against me (the one year of no work)?

Also, i am about starting NYSC, would it be wise to state this?

Thank you.

Please still awaiting response. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
MzWalls:

Please still awaiting response. Thank you

Your one year experience is sufficient enough for EE. That you are unemployed now is not an issue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Deeone747: 2:55pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hope15:

hi, the transcript fee is even higher if you're sending abroad. I asked two weeks ago and was told to bring 78k
Many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Aseade: 2:59pm On Jun 06, 2017
40manlappy:

May give it some thought if you increase the offer by 1000% cheesy

On a serious note, not doing it for the money so I doubt that your offer would make me abandon this Canny quest. I want a saner environment, access to better healthcare, work-life balance and a better standard of living; all for myself and family.

Am I asking for too much? grin

And you get 10 years US visa as a PR pending when you switch to Citizenship.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 3:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
Hello house. Pls can someone help with the address for CIC for the reference letters and any other accompanying letters. Also if i am a member of my employer's cooperative society where we pay in part of our salary for savings, for POF can the executives write a letter on their letter head confirming this and stating that i can access the funds at any time? Pls assist with info. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by keni: 3:26pm On Jun 06, 2017
Still on the POF please can the 25% pension be shown to balance the POF in case its not up to the required amount?
@Aseade whe done sir
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
Morbolar:
Hello house. Pls can someone help with the address for CIC for the reference letters and any other accompanying letters. Also if i am a member of my employer's cooperative society where we pay in part of our salary for savings, for POF can the executives write a letter on their letter head confirming this and stating that i can access the funds at any time? Pls assist with info. Thanks

Address to
Central intake office
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC),
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Canada

Yes you can get the executives to write a letter of introduction

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.