Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603241 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jbee20: 10:21am On Jun 07, 2017
Hi all,

Please I need the gurus in the house to help with this.

I'm about getting into the pool and I'm planning to use "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" for my education factor since I have an Oracle Certified Associate (OCA).

My question is do I need to evaluate this with my B.Sc. (Using WES or IQAS)

Then is it possible to add more certificates to IQAS after the completion of application and payment made.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chordata(m): 10:32am On Jun 07, 2017
jbee20:
Hi all,

Please I need the gurus in the house to help with this.

I'm about getting into the pool and I'm planning to use "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" for my education factor since I have an Oracle Certified Associate (OCA).

My question is do I need to evaluate this with my B.Sc. (Using WES or IQAS)

Then is it possible to add more certificates to IQAS after the completion of application and payment made.

Use the WES equivalency tool to determine if they will assess the OCA https://www.wes.org/ca/preliminary/poe.asp
I think they only assess academic credentials/qualifications (they don't assess trade qualifications) so please confirm before embarking on the journey.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 10:56am On Jun 07, 2017
Faky201:
Optionese I see u are using a gift deed.
I am the principal applicant and my mum sent the pof to my spouse from her company account and he forwarded it to me.

The question now is do I just need a gift deed from her saying that she gave us and is it ok that she sent it from her company account t.

Seniors please contribute

I don't think you need a gift deed from your mum
. A LOE stating that your husband transfered the money to you is sufficient. That's what I think.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 11:57am On Jun 07, 2017
Please my people kindly help me torchlight this matter.
AOR is first week in May 2017.I want to resign from my current employment this month to do other personal stuffs.I am just wondering if CIC contacts my employers after I have resigned to know if I am their staff as I used them in my application.Am I just being paranoid.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
Beckyhopeful:
AOR is first week in May 2017.I want to resign from my current employment this month to do other personal stuffs.I am just wondering if CIC contacts my employers after I have resigned to know if I am their staff as I used them in my application.Am I just being paranoid.

Nothing to worry about.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
[quote author=optionese post=57276984][/quote]

Nice one. I hope this works. If it does - it's an effective way to disguise the source of fund and avoid using gift deed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by EBENEZERABAYOMI: 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
Pls I need advice seriously. My wife and I have done our IELTS. My wife scores LWRS 6,6,5,7 while me I scored 7,7,6,6. I used the CRS to check our score and it was not even up to 400.So someone said what we need to do now is to get a PNP for us to be able to get into the pool. My wife is a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife while me am a Computer Scientist B. So but major in Database analysis. Please I need advice on how to go about getting into the express entry (2) Pls which province presently is giving PNP. My wife and I are in our 30s.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2017
Beckyhopeful:

There is no need to be unduly worried.

IRCC may or may not contact your employer. Even if they do, it can be confirmed that you were in employment as at the time of AOR.

Are you the principal applicant? I think I have read somewhere that if the status of the PA changes, IRCC may need to be notified. You can Google this and see what comes up.

Worst case, you may raise a CSE upon resignation. Let's hear what the more experienced members have to say on this.

cc: Gymme, debbiejosh, vcole, Blackbuddy, dupyshoo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pelmmy: 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
bigbroda:

Thanks @dtaminayor and miella. It's amazing cos choosing option 3 is gonna b higher than bachelor's degree and dat's why it's confusing I expected it to be at par.

HND is equivalent to a BSc for both IQAS and WES, avoid a situation whereby u will be rejected and banned for misrepresentation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pelmmy: 12:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
joyuzo:
Pls house I need your response as regards my (shocked)IELTS results today(LRSW-7/6/6.5/7) Mostly shocked with my Speakng as I was calm and did replied well with right vocabs(about Neighbour).Also My Reading,did cross checked my answers well?. undecidedIm sure going for a remark?Wish hubby will write his so I get more points.Wished I had "8"in listening shocked sad.

Instead of going for remarking dat wud cost u extra #15,000, if u're within age range of 25-32, resit and aim to score 8777, 8 in listening.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pelmmy: 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
Boss13:

Nice one. I hope this works. If it does - it's an effective way to disguise the source of fund and avoid using gift deed

Pls wat option is dat? Ur quote isn't showing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
40manlappy:

There is no need to be unduly worried.

IRCC may or may not contact your employer. Even if they do, it can be confirmed that you were in employment as at the time of AOR.

Are you the principal applicant? I think I have read somewhere that if the status of the PA changes, IRCC may need to be notified. You can Google this and see what comes up.

Worst case, you may raise a CSE upon resignation. Let's hear what the more experienced members have to say on this.

cc: Gymme, debbiejosh, vcole, Blackbuddy, dupyshoo
Thanks for your response.I am the principal applicant oooo.Please seniors lets hear from you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pelmmy: 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
EBENEZERABAYOMI:
Pls I need advice seriously. My wife and I have done our IELTS. My wife scores LWRS 6,6,5,7 while me I scored 7,7,6,6. I used the CRS to check our score and it was not even up to 400.So someone said what we need to do now is to get a PNP for us to be able to get into the pool. My wife is a Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife while me am a Computer Scientist B. So but major in Database analysis. Please I need advice on how to go about getting into the express entry (2) Pls which province presently is giving PNP. My wife and I are in our 30s.

If u the PA is 32 or below den I will suggest u resit for d test to get direct ITA, but if dats not d case den pursue provincial nomination

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pelmmy: 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
EBENEZERABAYOMI:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

That's a link to all the provinces

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
pelmmy:

HND is equivalent to a BSc for both IQAS and WES, avoid a situation whereby u will be rejected and banned for misrepresentation.
bigbroda:
Guyz, please help with a solution to this:
WES rated my HND(Electrical Engineering-Upper Credit)Certificate as 'diploma(3 years) and post graduate certificate(1 year)'. Now on the EE form where I have to select an option for the WES rating of my HND certificate, I'm torn between these three options and I don't know which precisely to choose:

1. Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
2. Bachelor's degree(3 or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute)
3. Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years

Please note that option 3 above has the highest mark while 1 has d least mark.

I was thinking of using option 3 cos it(HND) is rated as 3 years diploma AND 1 year postgraduate certificate but on the other hand, it means it's higher than the Bachelors degree option in two which is confusing.
I also thought of going with option 2 cos the HND is rated as a 3 year program but the bachelor's degree there is confusing since WES calls it a 3 year DIPLOMA with a year postgraduate certificate
Option 1 didn't really appeal to me cos it's for a 2 year program whilst WES calls the certificate a 3 year diploma

What's your take guyz?

So which option do you suggest? Option 2?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pelmmy: 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
Beckyhopeful:

Thanks for your response.I am the principal applicant oooo.Please seniors lets hear from you.

U don't av any issue if u resign from ur workplace, ur date of resignation will be conveyed to CIC if dey called. U don't need to also contact CIC after submission about dis, wen u submit, in ur aor letter u will see basic changes dat u should communicate with CIC, basically its more about mailing address, marriage, adoption.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2017
Boss13:

Nothing to worry about.
Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pelmmy: 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
miella:

Hello Sir,

The correct one is option 3. Other people will also comment

You can check this link from CIC's website...http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

I stand to be corrected, but I'll still say dis, HND is equivalent to Bachelors for CIC application, I will try and see if I can still get a particular judicial review on this, misrepresentation is 5 years, I don't knw won't be an excuse when it happens.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
pelmmy:

I stand to be corrected, but I'll still say dis, HND is equivalent to Bachelors for CIC application, I will try and see if I can still get a particular judicial review on this, misrepresentation is 5 years, I don't knw won't be an excuse when it happens.

I'm also thinking, could it be because I have a BEng. and MSc. after my HND dat made WES evaluate my HND as 3-year program and 1 Year Postgraduate certificate?

Do we have anyone in the house that has done HND evaluation without a Masters or PostHND certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 12:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
[quote author=pelmmy post=57280109]

U don't av any issue if u resign from ur workplace, ur date of resignation will be conveyed to CIC if dey called. U don't need to also contact CIC after submission about dis, wen u submit, in ur aor letter u will see basic changes dat u should communicate with CIC, basically its more about mailing address, marriage, adoption.[/quote
Thanks Pelmmy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by EBENEZERABAYOMI: 12:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
Pls advice. My wife and have done our ECA and our IELTS. My wife result is LRWS 6,5,6,7 and mine is 7,6,7,6. After using the CRS our score was not even up to 400. I think 315 or thereabout but we were told we can only be picked if we enter the pool buy going through the PNP. Am a computer scientist major in Database analysis while my wife is a Registered Nurse and midwife. We are both in our 30s. Pls what can we do. (2) Which province is presently open to give EOI an and accept or give PNP.Am waiting for your response pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:02pm On Jun 07, 2017
miella:

This is wrong. Check this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificate
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diploma
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
Graduate diploma
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]
Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

@40manlappy, optionese, elfmann, Boss13 et al, what is your view on this?

Cc: bigbroda

Going by what I have read on the subject, OND and HND may be equivalent of "2 or more certificates..." if evaluated together. Let those who have gone through the process confirm.

cc: Jetspeed, Bimpsy99

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by czaratwork: 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2017
When they asked for my updated documents, they asked for letter from my current employer fortunately i hadnt resigned. if you intend to resign make sure you have something fetching you some money which should reflect in your statement of account because they also asked me to prove salary payment by way of statement of account in a place where i claimed to have worked in 2012.
Beckyhopeful:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 1:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
EBENEZERABAYOMI:
Pls advice. My wife and have done our ECA and our IELTS. My wife result is LRWS 6,5,6,7 and mine is 7,6,7,6. After using the CRS our score was not even up to 400. I think 315 or thereabout but we were told we can only be picked if we enter the pool buy going through the PNP. Am a computer scientist major in Database analysis while my wife is a Registered Nurse and midwife. We are both in our 30s. Pls what can we do. (2) Which province is presently open to give EOI an and accept or give PNP.Am waiting for your response pls

U guys should resit ielts and aim for LRSW-8777. U can use d CRS calculator to check ur possible scores with these values. If u can get up to 410 then u ve a good chance of getting ITA or worst case receive invitation from OINP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pelmmy: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
bigbroda:

I'm also thinking, could it be because I have a BEng. and MSc. after my HND dat made WES evaluate my HND as 3-year program and 1 Year Postgraduate certificate?

Do we have anyone in the house that has done HND evaluation without a Masters or PostHND certificate?

If u av B.Eng and Msc aside d HND den y disturbing ursef over HND qualification?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pelmmy: 1:34pm On Jun 07, 2017
miella:

He has evaluated them and the result was "One certificate as diploma(3 years) and the other post graduate certificate(1 year)". So he is confused on the option to choose

Cc: bigbroda

He said he has a B.eng and Msc aside d HND so y is he confused about the evaluation? All he needs is the Msc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.