Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603348 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by percee17: 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
czaratwork:
When they asked for my updated documents, they asked for letter from my current employer fortunately i hadnt resigned. if you intend to resign make sure you have something fetching you some money which should reflect in your statement of account because they also asked me to prove salary payment by way of statement of account in a place where i claimed to have worked in 2012.

Please I have a question. I have over 10 years work experience but unemployed for two years. Recent job started January this year with late payments effected last month. Now, I just secured a very good job to resume in July. How do I put this clearly in my profile especially because of the 2 years unemployment gap. Also, how do I explain the late salary payments with evidence. Will just LOE be sufficient?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
Beckyhopeful:
Please my people kindly help me torchlight this matter.
AOR is first week in May 2017.I want to resign from my current employment this month to do other personal stuffs.I am just wondering if CIC contacts my employers after I have resigned to know if I am their staff as I used them in my application.Am I just being paranoid.

Hi, its okay to resign as your work experience up till when you entered the pool is what makes you eligible for consideration. So when you provide a reference letter from your employer that states you were a staff from say, January 2011 till April 2017 when you obtained the reference, your employer will respond to a reference verification request that indeed you were the staff for the period indicated in the letter. That is sufficient for PR application review process. Nobody expects you to remain with the employer forever, they just want to ensure that the employer details are genuine as at when you applied. You can choose to update AVO after you resign or just leave it at that, it's not a deal breaker. I've known people who changed jobs after submitting PR applications but did not update AVO since they did not leave the jobs on a sour note. AVO conducted their background checks and processed their applications to completion and they're here in Canada with me now, cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2017
For clarification, I evaulated d HND, BEng. and MSc. certificates and I'm actually using d MSc. point. D reason for d question is because it's my wife's qualification and at d same time, it's stated as part of my educational certificates where I have to choose one of the options.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2017
percee17:

Please I have a question. I have over 10 years work experience but unemployed for two years. Recent job started January this year with late payments effected last month. Now, I just secured a very good job to resume in July. How do I put this clearly in my profile especially because of the 2 years unemployment gap. Also, how do I explain the late salary payments with evidence. Will just LOE be sufficient?

The way you explained it here is clear enough. You simply state you were 'between jobs'/unemployed for the 2 year period and then started a job in January as stated in your employment letter. It is not compulsory that every job must be on monthly salary basis, there may be extenuating circumstances such as probation period or trial period etc. Some jobs are on biweekly or quarterly payment structure so simply state the reason why your salary was paid the way it was paid in such a way that, if AVO decides to verify your explanation from the employer, the story will be found to be true. All this can be put down in your LOE and you can attach the employment letter, any payslips available and the salary account statement showing when the company made the salary payments. If the company can also give you a letter explaining why the salary payment was staggered, good and fine if not, don't stress it. Provide what you can and move on with your life.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IAMCOMING: 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hello peeps

Please why do people advise to aim for 8777 in LRWS for ielts when the it is 8.5,8,7.5.7.5 LRWS that gives the highest points?
I will like to know why please.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by percee17: 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2017
Blackbuddy:

The way you explained it here is clear enough. You simply state you were 'between jobs'/unemployed for the 2 year period and then started a job in January as stated in your employment letter. It is not compulsory that every job must be on monthly salary basis, there may be extenuating circumstances such as probation period or trial period etc. Some jobs are on biweekly or quarterly payment structure so simply state the reason why your salary was paid the way it was paid in such a way that, if AVO decides to verify your explanation from the employer, the story will be found to be true. All this can be put down in your LOE and you can attach the employment letter, any payslips available and the salary account statement showing when the company made the salary payments. If the company can also give you a letter explaining why the salary payment was staggered, good and fine if not, don't stress it. Provide what you can and move on with your life.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2017
hifyty:
Folks,

Has anyone used nigeriacrb.com for the processing of their Nigerian PCC? could you please share their timelines

Thanks.
A friend almost did but it costs abt 160£ which is ridiculous, send me a pm, would connect to the guy that eventually did hers by proxy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2017
miella:

He has evaluated them and the result was "One certificate as diploma(3 years) and the other post graduate certificate(1 year)". So he is confused on the option to choose

Cc: bigbroda

Now I get it, thanks miella. Had to check his initial post.

@bigbroda, I guess you have your answer already. It's ok to go with option 3 when filling your details for your HND qualification based on WES evaluation.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2017
czaratwork:
When they asked for my updated documents, they asked for letter from my current employer fortunately i hadnt resigned. if you intend to resign make sure you have something fetching you some money which should reflect in your statement of account because they also asked me to prove salary payment by way of statement of account in a place where i claimed to have worked in 2012.

Statement from 2012 ke?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by petemail2all(m): 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hello Guys, greetings to the house. I have successfully gone through the thread, not really a simple task. Thanks to all who have been helpful all the way. I am at the beginning of everything. Hopeful to God that i will sit for my IELTS next month. In the mean time what processes can i start with? Kind Regards. Success to all who are undergoing processes. God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2017
IAMCOMING:
Hello peeps

Please why do people advise to aim for 8777 in LRWS for ielts when the it is 8.5,8,7.5.7.5 LRWS that gives the highest points?

Thanks

Dat's d minumum score to get d full 100 mark under skill transferabilty otherwise u get 50.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
IAMCOMING:
Hello peeps

Thanks

Dat's d minumum score to get d full 100 mark under skill transferabilty otherwise u get 50.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 07, 2017
petemail2all:
Hello Guys, greetings to the house. I have successfully gone through the thread, not really a simple task. Thanks to all who have been helpful all the way. I am at the beginning of everything. Hopeful to God that i will sit for my IELTS next month. In the mean time what processes can i start with? Kind Regards. Success to all who are undergoing processes. God help us all.
You can start with the ECA as you prepare for IELTS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2017
Start with your ECA, prepare for your IELTS well and ace it wink so you can dive into the pool as soon as you have both.

petemail2all:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 2:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
I don't think you need crb.com to process your PCC. Have someone go to alagbon and pick the form for you. Return the filled form (scanned) to the person along with your passport photograph and passport datapage. Ofcourse with the fees grin. Your PCC will come out asap, not everyone in Nigeria is even travelling down to Lagos to get PCC.

I bet you dont want to thread that crb path and wait forever after paying a lot.
hifyty:
Folks,

Has anyone used nigeriacrb.com for the processing of their Nigerian PCC? could you please share their timelines

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 2:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
czaratwork:

How long ago did you apply for PPR? Did you work in the Government at any time? Kindly share your timeline
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
good day , please is it a must I use my salary account for POF, cos I av loan that am repaying and I am just token left that enters my acct.
my other question, can one put money for pof after ITA and wait for like 50day before applying, then support the fund with LOE of sales of property. ur advice pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by petemail2all(m): 2:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
Thanks alot

Abby2017:
Start with your ECA, prepare for your IELTS well and ace it wink so you can dive into the pool as soon as you have both.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by petemail2all(m): 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
Thanks alot, i am currently on this page, i will be applying for my transcript immediately. Hope i can continue with this application even if i have not applied for the transcript.
Aig84:
You can start with the ECA as you prepare for IELTS.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IAMCOMING: 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
bigbroda:

Oh I see. thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
Blackbuddy:

Hi, its okay to resign as your work experience up till when you entered the pool is what makes you eligible for consideration. So when you provide a reference letter from your employer that states you were a staff from say, January 2011 till April 2017 when you obtained the reference, your employer will respond to a reference verification request that indeed you were the staff for the period indicated in the letter. That is sufficient for PR application review process. Nobody expects you to remain with the employer forever, they just want to ensure that the employer details are genuine as at when you applied. You can choose to update AVO after you resign or just leave it at that, it's not a deal breaker. I've known people who changed jobs after submitting PR applications but did not update AVO since they did not leave the jobs on a sour note. AVO conducted their background checks and processed their applications to completion and they're here in Canada with me now, cheers.
lThanks for your response.I feel better now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2017
I can confirm that WES evaluates HND as two or more certificate. I learnt IQAS doesn't
40manlappy:

Going by what I have read on the subject, OND and HND may be equivalent of "2 or more certificates..." if evaluated together. Let those who have gone through the process confirm.

cc: Jetspeed, Bimpsy99

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
Bimpsy99:
I can confirm that WES evaluates HND as two or more certificate. I learnt IQAS doesn't

Thanks @Bimpsy99 smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 3:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
It is essential you complete this application before you apply for transcript. You have to quote your WES reference number on all documents you are submitting.

Read through the instructions and get to know the requirements before you apply so you don't make mistake.

petemail2all:
Thanks alot, i am currently on this page, i will be applying for my transcript immediately. Hope i can continue with this application even if i have not applied for the transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2017
The thing fear me oh, cos I have a job like that and salary was paid by hand. the company have also closed down, if I am asked to provide something like that what will I do?
tollu:

Statement from 2012 ke?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jbee20: 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2017
Chordata:

Use the WES equivalency tool to determine if they will assess the OCA https://www.wes.org/ca/preliminary/poe.asp
I think they only assess academic credentials/qualifications (they don't assess trade qualifications) so please confirm before embarking on the journey.

Thanks @Chordata.

There is no transcript for it so I don't think it can be evaluated.
But does this mean that I can't use it as the second certificate for the "Two or more certificates diplomas or degrees" option.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ibroh24: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hello nairalanders!

Does anyone knows about frenage travel in challenge, ibadan?
I wanted to know maybe they are scammer.
They do advertise abt travelling to Canada on radio programme.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chordata(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
jbee20:

Thanks @Chordata.

There is no transcript for it so I don't think it can be evaluated.
But does this mean that I can't use it as the second certificate for the "Two or more certificates diplomas or degrees" option.

No you cant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ibroh24: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hello nairalanders!

They do advertise abt working in Canada on radio programme.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2017
Dammiehar:
The thing fear me oh, cos I have a job like that and salary was paid by hand. the company have also closed down, if I am asked to provide something like that what will I do?

Each application is unique. The fact that they asked from "A" does not mean it will apply to "B". IMO, if it gets to that, tax clearance, pension statement, etc, may be provided in lieu with a well-written LOE.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
Ibroh24:
Hello nairalanders!

They do advertise abt working in Canada on radio programme.

Why would you need them when you have an informative thread like this? angry

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2017
Ladon7:
good day , please is it a must I use my salary account for POF, cos I av loan that am repaying and I am just token left that enters my acct.
my other question, can one put money for pof after ITA and wait for like 50day before applying, then support the fund with LOE of sales of property. ur advice pls
Its not a must. you can use a fixed deposit account as well. you dont need to wait 50days just add the Loe and apply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) (521) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.