Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (527) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605208 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britishknight: 2:03am On Jun 09, 2017
Thanks

DPizzy:

Just evaluate your B.sc only bro and save yourself of undue delays.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britishknight: 2:05am On Jun 09, 2017
How can I get a PNP please?
Is it tied to EE?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Triv: 5:18am On Jun 09, 2017
Hello people, please is there anyone here that has received PPR mail with AOR in February? This wait is killing, the only update I have is medicals passed and my BG moved to NA in April and since then no movement at all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 6:06am On Jun 09, 2017
perks:
Guys my wifey got LRWS=8,7.5,6.5,7. Am looking forward to mine next week Thursday. I hope not to fall hand. grin
Ask for a remark in writing if she's to be the PA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:18am On Jun 09, 2017
Can anyone pls explain what treasury bill is and how it works to me? Pls also help answer d questions below:

1. Does it have minimum deposit/amount, if yes, how much?
2. Can I always get/buy it anytime I wish?
3. Where/How do I get it?
4. What's d duration (minimum and maximum), is it(duration) fixed or I decide?
5. After dealing, can it be terminated anytime even before d due date if I need money?
6. Does it work like shares which is subject to profit/loss or like FD which guarantees profit?
7. If it's like FD, what's d interest rate? Is d rate fixed bankwide or varies across banks?

Make una no vex say d question plenty small o. Since it's allowed as POF, just thinking about it ni.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:22am On Jun 09, 2017
bigbroda:
Can anyone pls explain what treasury bill is and how it works to me? Pls also help answer d questions below:

5. After dealing, can it be terminated anytime even before d due date if I need money?
6. Does it work like shares which is subject to profit/loss or like FD which guarantees profit?
7. If it's like FD, what's d interest rate? Is d rate fixed bankwide or varies across banks?

Make una no vex say d question plenty small o. Since it's allowed as POF, just thinking about it ni.

Go to this link
https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 7:36am On Jun 09, 2017
I know a friend who has. Shockingly, he got the PPR in April. Such speed!

Triv:
Hello people, please is there anyone here that has received PPR mail with AOR in February? This wait is killing, the only update I have is medicals passed and my BG moved to NA in April and since then no movement at all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Triv: 7:55am On Jun 09, 2017
LordSebastian:
I know a friend who has. Shockingly, he got the PPR in April. Such speed!

Wow in April? That's fast o! I think I'll order gcms notes. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 8:12am On Jun 09, 2017
His case is just one of those rarities. His spouse-to-be who got AOR before him has not gotten PPR yet.

Triv:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by buzu84: 8:13am On Jun 09, 2017
Hi Guys,

Great forum here, i really appreciate the work your guys are doing to help people achieve there dreams.

Please i need some advice.

I have a Bsc in Computer Science (yet to assess with WES though)
I have written IELTs with 7 score band in each of the modules (although planning to rewrite to try and get an 8 band score)
I have about 10 years experience relating to the occupation i have chosen on the NOC list.

My Concern is that i have heard just with a Bsc., one might get the required EOL points, but this would not be enough to get points to get an ITA. Someone told me that i'll need a Master's or MBA to get point required to get an ITA.

Also my Wife had an OND, so not planning to use assess any of her edu to add to my points.

Would appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:57am On Jun 09, 2017
Ibroh24:
Hello nairalanders!

Does anyone knows about frenage travel in challenge, ibadan?
I wanted to know maybe they are scammer.
They do advertise abt travelling to Canada on radio programme.

We dont know frenage in challenge, but you can go and engage their services and findout for us later if dem be scamitoes or not!

We dey here 247!!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:00am On Jun 09, 2017
esosa4real:

We dont know frenage in challenge, but you can go and engage their services and findout for us later if dem be scamitoes or not!

We dey here 247!!

grin grin

More like "guinea pig".... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oddysey(m): 9:21am On Jun 09, 2017
FROM THE SIGN ON PAGE:

We are currently experiencing very high traffic on our online services. You may have difficulty accessing them. We are working to resolve this issue.
If you are unable to submit a document on time as a result of the technical difficulties, you will not be penalized.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 9:27am On Jun 09, 2017
bigbroda:

Hello bigbroda, let me make an attempt at your questions.

1.) it depends on your bank, I think some have minimum amount as low as N100,000. But any amount you wish to invest must be in multiple of N10,000.

2.) you can request at anytime but bids for treasury bills are done every two weeks, so if you request say some days after the last bid, you'd have to wait for the next one that comes two weeks after the last. You can however place your request at any point. Your account would only be debited I think a day to when the treasury bill will be booked.

3.) go to your bank and tell their customer service representative you want to invest in treasury bills, you'd be given a form and advised on rate and the next bid date (usually within two weeks). Rate is usually higher than FD rates. In the past months, it's been around 13.5% (for 91days)

4.) minimum duration is 91days, not sure of maximum

5.) it cannot be terminated. (but I think it's transferable)

6.) it works like FD with a set return rate, but unlike FD that you get paid your principal and interest at the last day, for T-bills you actually get paid your interest on the 1st day. That is, say you invest N1m for 91days. You'd be debited N1m on the day of bid and credited your interest same day, then on maturity, you get your N1m credited.

7.) rate slightly varies across banks say +/- 0.05 percent. So, bank A might offer you 13.5% while bank B might offer at 13.45% while another offers 13.53%. Slight variation across bank as there is a set rate from FG, the variation is where the banks makes their spread.

However, from personal experience, I have realized FCMB as better rates compared to FBN and GTB per time (for same range of amount) even for FD. You'd be shocked to find 8% at FCMB and 5% at GTB, 5.5% at FBN for FD.

Disclaimer: please choose bank at your discretion!

I hope this helps, others can weigh in for better response

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtush(f): 9:32am On Jun 09, 2017
Good day house,

Is there a way to check if IQAS has received my documents?

I did not get any acknowledgment of the documents i sent myself neither did i get any for the transcript sent by my school. I tracked both packages and they have been delivered

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 9:41am On Jun 09, 2017
You need to be really patient. They will get in touch when they are ready, and their processing time is getting slower and slower. I received acknowledgement 20 days after they received the documents I sent, and 14 days after they received the documents my school sent.
They have also increased their processing time to 30 days after all documents are received, so you need to relax and focus on other things, they will send it.
dtush:
Good day house,

I did not get any acknowledgment of the documents i sent myself neither did i get any for the transcript sent by my school. I tracked both packages and they have been delivered

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 9:48am On Jun 09, 2017
miella:

I wouldn't take such risk though! Did you write yours word for word?
Yes I did.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oddysey(m): 10:05am On Jun 09, 2017
Hello people,

Under my spouse's personal history page, the following is a breakdown of her timeline:

from to
2000/11 2007/7
2007/7 2007/11
2007/11 2008/11
2008/11 2009/11
2009/11 2010/7
2010/7 2010/11
2010/11 2012/1
2012/1 2012/7
2012/7 2012/12
2012/12 2014/1
2014/1 2014/12
2014/12 2016/6
2016/6 till date

But each time I try to submit, it still gives me the error message:

Error Description: Personal activities:
You must provide at least 10 continuous years of history, or all time since this person's 18th birthday, to the present.

I do not see any gap in the timeline. I really am not sure what could be the problem. I am the PA. Someone please help. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2017
30 days Na wa o. I guess the only advantage they have is that they would usually not verify a Nigerian certificate if they are convinced it is authentic.. Anyone that wants to verify a foreign certificate please use WES jejely

Dammiehar:
You need to be really patient. They will get in touch when they are ready, and their processing time is getting slower and slower. I received acknowledgement 20 days after they received the documents I sent, and 14 days after they received the documents my school sent.
They have also increased their processing time to 30 days after all documents are received, so you need to relax and focus on other things, they will send it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2017
This is so informative. Thanks for taking your time to break it down the way you have. Please I will appreciate your response to the questions below:

1. Is TBill acceptable as PoF?
2. Does fixing it for longer guarantee more interest?
3. Is the interest paid into my account from day one or is it added to the capital?

Kontagious:

1.) it depends on your bank, I think some have minimum amount as low as N100,000. But any amount you wish to invest must be in multiple of N10,000.

2.) you can request at anytime but bids for treasury bills are done every two weeks, so if you request say some days after the last bid, you'd have to wait for the next one that comes two weeks after the last. You can however place your request at any point. Your account would only be debited I think a day to when the treasury bill will be booked.

3.) go to your bank and tell their customer service representative you want to invest in treasury bills, you'd be given a form and advised on rate and the next bid date (usually within two weeks). Rate is usually higher than FD rates. In the past months, it's been around 13.5% (for 91days)

6.) it works like FD with a set return rate, but unlike FD that you get paid your principal and interest at the last day, for T-bills you actually get paid your interest on the 1st day. That is, say you invest N1m for 91days. You'd be debited N1m on the day of bid and credited your interest same day, then on maturity, you get your N1m credited.

7.) rate slightly varies across banks say +/- 0.05 percent. So, bank A might offer you 13.5% while bank B might offer at 13.45% while another offers 13.53%. Slight variation across bank as there is a set rate from FG, the variation is where the banks makes their spread.

However, from personal experience, I have realized FCMB as better rates compared to FBN and GTB per time (for same range of amount) even for FD. You'd be shocked to find 8% at FCMB and 5% at GTB, 5.5% at FBN for FD.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 09, 2017
Kontagious:

Thanks bro! Very helpful. U r so much appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 10:14am On Jun 09, 2017
infix123:
Additionally, Always try to put all your document to be uploaded for CIC in a separate folder so as to avoid a mix-up when uploading and please confirm the document is compatible and can open in different versions of PDF before uploading

Yes good advice$ I did same, putting documents in different folders on pc like Education folder, Employment1 folder, Employment 2 folder, POF folder.......etc.

Yeah I saw someone from india was rejected because his documents didn't open on adobe acrobat reader on cic. He only scanned and confirmed with Foxit Phantom Reader and it opened for him on his pc.

So best to confirm woth acrobat!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 10:14am On Jun 09, 2017
Jolao:
Hello House,
I'm totally new to this thread, though i have gotten a lot of priceless information but i have a question.

My husband is the primary applicant, He's a medical doctor, he practised for a year and he presently works in a Health management organisation (HMO), is it possible to combine the two work experience, to claim points for 3years or just stick with the one year Hospital experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 09, 2017
yimiton:
This is so informative. Thanks for taking your time to break it down the way you have. Please I will appreciate your response to the questions below:

1. Is TBill acceptable as PoF?
2. Does fixing it for longer guarantee more interest?
3. Is the interest paid into my account from day one or is it added to the capital?

Honestly d guy finish work. So thankful! I'm sure alot of people will also gain from that just as u did.

I think I can answer your first and third question.
1. The TBill certificate/document is acceptable as PoF. I personally believe that it convinces more than having the money in the account unless the money has stayed in the account for long cos it can be withdrawn at anytime from the account.
2. Lemme guess, I think it should but not sure.
3. As informed by the guy, he said the interest is paid on day one dat your account is debited for the investment then you get the exact money invested back on the expiry date.

One luv!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Investfirst: 10:24am On Jun 09, 2017
dtush:
Good day house,

Thanks

You will receive confirmation email from IQAS 21 days from the date of receipt. So count 21 days from the date courier delivered and you will know when they will get back to you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 10:26am On Jun 09, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm filling the EE form to dive into the pool and there's the work history column.
I've just filled my husband's work experience from 7 years till now.( full time)
He worked in a data company but that was a job he did while he was a student ( should I put that?)
I'll have to put it as part time as he was a student.

I guess my question is should I fill it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zilifish: 10:26am On Jun 09, 2017
Investfirst:

You will receive confirmation email from IQAS 21 days from the date of receipt. So count 21 days from the date courier delivered and you will know when they will get back to you.

Thats rubbish. Wes is the best then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 10:34am On Jun 09, 2017
apyhour:
Hello All,this is my first post. Was referred here. I have submitted my application but during medicals, spouse was diagnosed with HIV. What are the options here?

He will most likely be sent a Medical Procedural Fairness Letter that will contain plenty writeup, all is to hear from him and convince the VO that his health status will not be a burden to their health system. . . Sha means he should not cost them above 6000CAD/year.
It's their plan to make him inadmissible to Canada, so he has to prove beyond reasonable doubt.

Note: Applicants who are HIV+ have been able to migrate successfully to Canada but they must pass this sensitive stage and it is quite hectic and delicate...impossible is nothing.

Before he can reply, he would need to see a doctor, do further tests (cd4 counts etc), study the fairness letter and some Canadian health reports, check “QORAX” posts on canadavisaforum dot com...he has helped many people with advice about such related situations.

Lastly, this stage might need the help of an immigration consulantant. Not anyone oh, there are some specialists who tackle on this only!

All the best, it is well,

SHALLOM!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:35am On Jun 09, 2017
Bimpsy99:
30 days Na wa o. I guess the only advantage they have is that they would usually not verify a Nigerian certificate if they are convinced it is authentic.. Anyone that wants to verify a foreign certificate please use WES jejely

On point! Obviously, the "whole world" has ported to IQAS. Foreign degree holders are definitely better off with WES.

In addition, anyone whose school traditionally takes forever to respond to external enquiries (such as WES) should jejely use IQAS.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 09, 2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 10:39am On Jun 09, 2017
Triv:

Send a case specific enquiry as well. Check your spam/promotional mails to make sure it hasn't come into them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 09, 2017

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.