Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (529) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604919 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 12:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
MrOba:
Hi Guys,

I have been a follower of this thread for few weeks and I have found it very helpful and informative. Big ups to all who are contributing to this platform. My IELTS result just came out LRSW 8.5/7/7/7.5 and I intend to enter the EE pool as soon as possible but a major stumbling block is my ECA. My School (LAUTECH) has been on strike for almost a year now and it doesn't look like the school is going to resume anytime soon. Is there anyone who is in similar situation? I only have my statement of result and from what I have read here, I don't think that will suffice. Is there anyway around this? Your input will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Good scores u got there. As for ur ECA, ur statement of result is sufficient, however, d challenge u might have is getting ur school to send ur transcript to WES or IQAS depending on which u choose. U might want to find out if the non academic staff in exams n records r working.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
lol. Thank you oo.
Dammiehar:
IQAS ohhhhhhh, if you use WES you will not get it this year, OOU no send anybody at all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtush(f): 12:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
keni:
This Wunmi Issue is an eye Opener, I hope she is able to resolve it quickly, I have been considering removing my spouse from the application to get more points and then file for her few years later

Hi, please i sent you a pm. Kindly accept
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sweetrie(f): 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
I was able to resolve the issue with FBN, so I guess FBN card works Incase someone wants to go for it. Thanks @miella, perks, kratoscorp, optionese, and everyone that answered my questions.
Special thanks to @vcole for outlining the process was very helpful.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2017
oddysey:
Hello people,

Under my spouse's personal history page, the following is a breakdown of her timeline:

from to
2000/11 2007/7
2007/7 2007/11
2007/11 2008/11
2008/11 2009/11
2009/11 2010/7
2010/7 2010/11
2010/11 2012/1
2012/1 2012/7
2012/7 2012/12
2012/12 2014/1
2014/1 2014/12
2014/12 2016/6
2016/6 till date

But each time I try to submit, it still gives me the error message:

Error Description: Personal activities:
You must provide at least 10 continuous years of history, or all time since this person's 18th birthday, to the present.

I do not see any gap in the timeline. I really am not sure what could be the problem. I am the PA. Someone please help. Thanks.

I see records from year 2000 there. That's longer than the 10 years required. Begin your entry from June 2007

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 09, 2017
MrOba:
Hi Guys,

I have been a follower of this thread for few weeks and I have found it very helpful and informative. Big ups to all who are contributing to this platform. My IELTS result just came out LRSW 8.5/7/7/7.5 and I intend to enter the EE pool as soon as possible but a major stumbling block is my ECA. My School (LAUTECH) has been on strike for almost a year now and it doesn't look like the school is going to resume anytime soon. Is there anyone who is in similar situation? I only have my statement of result and from what I have read here, I don't think that will suffice. Is there anyway around this? Your input will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

I want to believe the strike doesn't affect the Exams & Records unit of your university...you may choose to visit the university or check the link below
http://transcript.lautech.edu.ng/.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
E-mail.

Zilifish:

Will the school have to respond via courier or email?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 2:01pm On Jun 09, 2017
I experienced similar issue yesterday, even though I didnt have any entry later than 10years back/18years old as stated.

Remove/edit organization from your entry. You should be fine. This error message popped up after the update on the website, "being a member of an organization no longer count as part of personal/address history".

In essence, tell them something else you were doing during that period tagged "organization".

That was what I did and the form validated succesfully.

Modification: there are some entries that could amount to misrepresentation if you just decide to put them to start at 2007 because of the 10years ish e.g. saying you started schooling in 2007 when you actually started in 2005. Your form will still validate if you enter education start date as 2005 even though it is more than 10years ago.
oddysey:
Hello people,

Under my spouse's personal history page, the following is a breakdown of her timeline:

from to
2000/11 2007/7
2007/7 2007/11
2007/11 2008/11
2008/11 2009/11
2009/11 2010/7
2010/7 2010/11
2010/11 2012/1
2012/1 2012/7
2012/7 2012/12
2012/12 2014/1
2014/1 2014/12
2014/12 2016/6
2016/6 till date

But each time I try to submit, it still gives me the error message:

Error Description: Personal activities:
You must provide at least 10 continuous years of history, or all time since this person's 18th birthday, to the present.

I do not see any gap in the timeline. I really am not sure what could be the problem. I am the PA. Someone please help. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zilifish: 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2017
LordSebastian:
E-mail.

Hian so i might have to follow up with them to reply email. Hmm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 2:19pm On Jun 09, 2017
Depending on your school, following up may not be enough. You may have to stalk them...or set up a tent in their office.

Zilifish:

Hian so i might have to follow up with them to reply email. Hmm

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyogirl: 2:27pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hi @ Abby2017,

Your response made me remember something now; I've searched but cdnt find it on the thread but I know it's been answered b4. ...pls if schooling is part of the 10 years history, what address should be used here? Cos I'm wondering how one will state hostel addresses for how many years and then will anyone there now even know I ever lived there? Kindly help clarify.....Thanks

Abby2017:
I experienced similar issue yesterday, even though I didnt have any entry later than 10years back/18years old as stated.

Remove/edit organization from your entry. You should be fine. This error message popped up after the update on the website, "being a member of an organization no longer count as part of personal/address history".

In essence, tell them something else you were doing during that period tagged "organization".

Modification: there are some entries that could amount to misrepresentation if you just decide to put them to start at 2007 because of the 10years ish e.g. saying you started schooling in 2007 when you actually started in 2005. Your form will still validate if you enter education start date as 2005 even though it is more than 10years ago.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oddysey(m): 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2017
Abby2017:

Thanks a lot. I will try that.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oddysey(m): 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2017
tollu:

I see records from year 2000 there. That's longer than the 10 years required. Begin your entry from June 2007

Thanks a lot. It says at least 10 years, so I think more than 10 years is still fine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 2:35pm On Jun 09, 2017
Abby2017:

Mine didn't until I edited to state last month of undergraduate studies. No misrepresentation there. Didn't have organization selected either.

That was before the upgrade on the portal though.

oddysey:

Thanks a lot. It says at least 10 years, so I think more than 10 years is still fine.

Okay then. All the best to each and every one of us.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nekypalo: 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2017
I sent my documents since the 3rd of May to IQAS, and it arrived since the 16th of May but up till now, I have still not gotten any acknowledgement from IQAS. I faxed the same set of documents to them on the 5th of June but up till now no response.
Please is there a way I can contact them because apart from the documents I sent personally, my schools have also confirmed to me since the 5th of May that my transcripts (B.Eng & Msc) have been sent to IQAS.

Dammiehar:
You need to be really patient. They will get in touch when they are ready, and their processing time is getting slower and slower. I received acknowledgement 20 days after they received the documents I sent, and 14 days after they received the documents my school sent.
They have also increased their processing time to 30 days after all documents are received, so you need to relax and focus on other things, they will send it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oddysey(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2017
Abby2017:

Just made that change. Worked like magic. Thanks again!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 2:56pm On Jun 09, 2017
Let me share my IQAS timeline with you, maybe you will be able to work yours out
Application documents sent by me was received on May 6, acknowledgement came on May 26
Transcripts sent by school was received on May 24, acknowledgement came on June 8
Its really taking a long time for them to acknowledge receipt these days, so you need to wait. Calling them won't also make any difference at the moment. The ladies on the phone are really nice and courteous, but they are not much help. Just relax.
Nekypalo:
I sent my documents since the 3rd of May to IQAS, and it arrived since the 16th of May but up till now, I have still not gotten any acknowledgement from IQAS. I faxed the same set of documents to them on the 5th of June but up till now no response.
Please is there a way I can contact them because apart from the documents I sent personally, my schools have also confirmed to me since the 5th of May that my transcripts (B.Eng & Msc) have been sent to IQAS.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 2:59pm On Jun 09, 2017
bigbroda:

Lol @ CEO. na wetin bring Naija this level b dat o. #justkidding

I also like d rap part. God bless our hustle!

Lol

Amin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2017
Dammiehar:
You need to be really patient. They will get in touch when they are ready, and their processing time is getting slower and slower. I received acknowledgement 20 days after they received the documents I sent, and 14 days after they received the documents my school sent.
They have also increased their processing time to 30 days after all documents are received, so you need to relax and focus on other things, they will send it.

IQAS is now 30 days? shocked shocked Looks like they are really porting, they are overwhelmed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2017
Good day all. Want to know if its advisable to present my spouse's bank statement. Although I am the principal applicant and my spouse has the bulk of the money. Can you kindly advise me on what to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2017
Yes, 30 days now. I got the second acknowledgement yesterday, so I am not expecting ECA anytime soon.

MummyJaygirls:

IQAS is now 30 days? shocked shocked Looks like they are really porting, they are overwhelmed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 3:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
ltee:
Guys my update.

Am March 15th AOR
Medical passed June 11th.
Updated my new passport after request.
Status - additional document under review.
This week I a UCI number for my wife and son is now showing on my dash board.
Seniors please advise further.

Guys please share your timelines to encourage one another.

Awww! You finally got to resolve the passport submission, congrats. PPR loading.

No advice again other than to get money to post ur passport for stamping grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 3:47pm On Jun 09, 2017
Dammiehar:
Yes, 30 days now. I got the second acknowledgement yesterday, so I am not expecting ECA anytime soon.

Maybe people should try out ICAS now as IQAS don dey dull grin cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 3:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
@vcole and others please on POF , if my spouse sells his land and transfers the money to me as pof, what do I need to include as pof . Thank you.
vcole:
@joala, fill this work experience as is. 1yr under NOC as a medical doctor and the other years under whatever his current job function is. Ref letters should be obtained accordingly.
However his degree has to be evaluated by mcc irrespective of his current job function.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 3:54pm On Jun 09, 2017
ICAS is worse, processing time is 20 weeks after all documents are received, approximately 5 months. We should just stick with the ones we have and hope to get it within 2 to 3 months.

MummyJaygirls:

Maybe people should try out ICAS now as IQAS don dey dull grin cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
codebrew85:
Boss, based on your recommendation, which would you advice if I'm evaluating my OOU degree? grin WES or IQAS?

It's a tough one in view of current processing times but I think you should take Dammiehar's advice i.e. go for IQAS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ballerz: 4:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hi All
Please does anyone have a link for people who just landed / immigrated to Canada forum
I am looking for folks to collaborate with, network with and share ideas.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 4:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hi guys, thanks for the loads of info here.
I did my IELTS last November and scored LRWS 8.5,6.5,7.5,8.5 and was devastated because of the Reading score. I didn't apply for a remark because someone advised I shouldn't bother because scores never change for Reading or Listening.
I have booked for another test for 8th July but want to know if anyone has successfully contested a Reading or Listening score with a positive outcome.
I'm currently awaiting my ECA but just want to know my options in case a similar thing happens (I pray it doesn't) with my next test.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 09, 2017
Ballerz:
Dear Friends,
I am new here
Please does anyone have a link for people who just landed / immigrated to Canada forum
I am looking for folks to collaborate with, network with and share ideas.
https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jesuba: 4:09pm On Jun 09, 2017
Kontagious:

1.) from my research thus far, t-bills is acceptable. I actually intend using t-bills.
2.) yes, longer tenors guarantee higher return. But the tenors are 91days, 182days, 365days... So apart from 91days (3 months) being the least, next you can opt for is 182days (6 months). Remember you cannot terminate like FD, so if you go for the 6 months, your money is locked and unaccessible for the entire 6 months.
Presently, 91days is at about 13.5%, 182day at 17.2%, 365days at 18.8%. These rates are at per annum so remember to prorate just like FD.
3.)the interest is paid into your account on day one. It's automated, you get the interest credited just after you are debited for the t-bills.
For FD, you get principal and interest creditted on day 91 (assuming you did 3 months tenor), but for t-bills, you get interest on day 1 and principal on day 91. You have full access to your interest as it is paid.

The whole essence of t-bills is citizens borrowing FG money, in effect, it's actually FG mopping up money in circulation as you do not have access to that money (your invested amount) for the period of your investment, but the interest is good (and you have access to this from day one)

I am actually using my personal account but looking at this carefully, TBill woulda been a better options with respect to the returns.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bosayo: 4:11pm On Jun 09, 2017
How una dey ooo my people, Please can i still get affidavit for a change of name before submitting my application.The marriage took place in 2015 , i did change of name in my office with only the marriage certificate.

Thank You
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ballerz: 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.