Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605635 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cissy10: 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2017
You can try sending them an email inquiring about the status of your application and what office is currently handling your application. These days they are more open to giving people info about their application.

My AOR is feb 28th and mu BG has been 'next step is to conduct Bg since 13th of April. I mailed them last wed and got a reply on Thurs saying my file has been moved to London office and has been assigned to an officer for review.

I just hope this doesn't mean they haven't touched my file since April

Triv:
Hello people, please is there anyone here that has received PPR mail with AOR in February? This wait is killing, the only update I have is medicals passed and my BG moved to NA in April and since then no movement at all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nogen: 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2017
40manlappy:
@Nogen You are sighted sis. How is it going? cheesy
Good. But going for my studies in Quebec this Fall . Will continue to process from there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jenny3(f): 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
Many thanks
40manlappy:
Some abbreviations:

AVO - Accra Visa Office
PCC - Police Clearance Certificate
FSW - Federal Skill Worker
EE - Express Entry
ITA- Invitation To Apply
PPR - Passport Requirement
MR - Medical Request
POF - Proof of Fund
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System
NOC - National Occupation Clarification
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt
PER- Positive Eligibility Review
COPR Confirmation of Permanent Residence
PEI Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration
AOR   Acknowledgement of receipt letter.
BDEC Background Decision
CC    Credit Card
CHC   Canadian High Commission – refers to the Canadian embassies, Visa offices, and Consulates.
CIC   Citizenship and Immigration, Canada – the umbrella body which governs both CIO and local CHC offices
CIO   Centralized Intake Office in Sydney Nova Scotia – where you sent your application. Sometimes it is mentioned as CIU (Centralized Intake Unit).
DD   Demand Draft (Bank Draft / Certified Cheque / Money Order)
ECA   Educational Credential Assessment
ECAS   Client Application Status, an official CIC service which allows to view the status of your application on-line
FD    Fixed Deposit
SLU Second Level Update
FILE BF'D TO   File Brought Forward date
FINDEC   Financial Decision
FOSS   is a central database of applications
GCMS   Global Case Management System
IMMCAT   Immigration Category
JD   Job Description
M01-M07   level of Medical assessment. M01 means perfect
MEDDEC   Medical Decision
MI Ministerial Instructions
MR   Medical Examination Request
NCR   No Criminal Record
NOC   National Occupation Classification
OREQ   Other Requirement
PCC   Police Clearance Certificate
PER   Confirmation of Positive Eligibility Review from CIO
PI    Principal Immigrant
POF   Proof of Funds
PPR   Passport Request
PPS   point at paper screening stage
PS    Prescreen (another explanation is Paper selection)
PSDEC   Paper Selection Decision
RPRF   Right of Permanent Residence Fees
SEC CRIM   Security criminal
SELDEC   Selection Decision
SS   This spreadsheet
SW1   Skill Worker 1
UCI   Unique Client Identifier, an 8-digit identification number. People usually get it from CIC in a PER confirmation
VO    Visa Office
RBVO   Received by Visa Office
XREF   Cross referenced applicant
PR- Permanent Residency
NA Not Applicable
IP In Progress (1 or 2) and refers to the status of your background check
NBG Next Step is to Conduct a Background Check
BOWP Bridging Open Work Permit
PGWP Post Graduation Work Permit
CSIS Canadian Security Intelligence Service

#Copied

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 7:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
iyaayo1234:
Good day all,

Please i need your help and genuine opinion. I used an agent for my EE application.I got a request sometime ago from IRCC for last 6 months statement of account and I told my agent that I don't have it because I resigned after submitting the application last year and gave just a declaration for that and my agent told me not to worry as he has it under control. This is the mail my agent sent to me from IRCC last week below.

I need your candid advice as I cannot tell IRCC that my agent used a false document on my behalf which will lead to outright councellation.

WHAT CAN I DO as I plan to 1st withdraw it from the agent:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the provincial nominee class. I have reviewed your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada. Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of the Act. I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states: 16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Specifically, I have concerns that the Diamond Bank statements which you have provided in support of your application and which have been verified as altered by the issuing authority are fraudulent. Further these bank statements were the only objective evidence of your work experience, and as such you have provided no objective evidence that you have the work experience claimed. Section 40(1) IRPA states that: A permanent resident or foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act. Please note that if a senior immigration officer finds that the misrepresentation is material to your application for a permanent resident visa you could be found to be inadmissible under ection 40(1)(a) of the IRPA. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to paragraph 40(2)(a) which states: ‘the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.’ I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. You will have 30 days from the date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. If you do not respond to this request within 30 days (by 2017/07/09), your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application. Please note: All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable. The above information/documents must be received in your MyCIC account by the date stated above. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

These 'agents' are really doing a lot of damage: and that's after collecting beta money from the client. God have mercy!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 7:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
Congrats @slowlybtsurely, as your moniker goes, it has all worked out in the end. Super happy for you.

@jolao, you mentioned that your spouse is working in a non clinical role, that is what I referred to as his other job. It's pretty simple, fill his work experience as it is. If Mr X worked as a gardener from 2010-2011, then janitor from 2012-2013, then chef from 2014-2015, that is how Mr X should fill his work experience. I got your pm but I'm not responding to pms from new members as all questions are best asked and answered on the thread for maximum benefit to all.

@nekypalo, I recently contacted iqas as someone I know had a similar issue. Iqas would not send you any mail acknowledging receipt of your transcript until they have received your application form and proof of ID and copy of certificate. So they would have your transcript but would not have a file opened for you because they didn't receive your application form. The person I spoke to informed me of this and also said that if you send your documents by fax, you have to call immediately you send it to confirm that they have received it otherwise most times it just gets lost in transmission. She also mentioned that most of the applications sent via fax come out as illegible and blurry on their end and so sending the application forms via mail is their preferred option. So, I'll advise that you resend your application form n other documents asap.

@40manlappy, @boldinc, @onlineise, @ugoiyke, @esosa4real, how mar-kate?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 7:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:
Long time people! Got my PPR few days ago. Took a total of 114 days from AOR. Timeline below:

FSW Outland
AOR February 15th
Meds passed April 7th
BG Next Step April 8th
Schedule A reguested April 26th
Schedule A submitted April 29th
BG NA May 1st
BG IP May 27th
PPR June 9th

Special thanks to my paddies; dupyshoo (may God bless this woman for me), vcole, Iphie, 40manlappy, boldinc etal.

This journey has taught me that if you have a vision, work towards it and pray, success is sure.

Good luck everyone. We will all celebrate in the end.

So happy for your dear. Congratulations !!!
Ours will arrive too in Jesus name

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
Algbenguze:
These 'agents' are really doing a lot of damage: and that's after collecting beta money from the client. God have mercy!
You told an agent u didn't have d pof and didn't tell him to withdraw the app. So what were u expecting?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 8:05pm On Jun 11, 2017
iyaayo1234:
Good day all,

Please i need your help and genuine opinion. I used an agent for my EE application.I got a request sometime ago from IRCC for last 6 months statement of account and I told my agent that I don't have it because I resigned after submitting the application last year and gave just a declaration for that and my agent told me not to worry as he has it under control. This is the mail my agent sent to me from IRCC last week below.

I need your candid advice as I cannot tell IRCC that my agent used a false document on my behalf which will lead to outright councellation.

WHAT CAN I DO as I plan to 1st withdraw it from the agent:
Hello Iyaayo,

I am sorry, but there is no way out of this issue! You will be found guilty of misrepresentation and banned for 5 years! There is nothing anyone can do.
You shouldn't have used an agent that is not approved by CIC! I also find it hard to believe that an agent went out of his way to get a fake bank statement without your knowledge or taking some kind of fees to get it done for you.

Even if you resigned after you submitted your app, you should have provided your salary account for the last six months of your work experience before you resigned.

I will say prepare yourself for the worst! There is no story,!nor truth that can help you get away with using fake (bank documents).

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by xij38580: 8:18pm On Jun 11, 2017
saddyn:
Hi friends,

Pls can anyone advise on the best place or materials to study for IELTS exams.

Kindly provide links also if available.

Many thanks

try googling ieltsliz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
beyunce:

Hello Iyaayo,

I am sorry, but there is no way out of this issue! You will be found guilty of misrepresentation and banned for 5 years! There is nothing anyone can do.
You shouldn't have used an agent that is not approved by CIC! I also find it hard to believe that an agent went out of his way to get a fake bank statement without your knowledge or taking some kind of fees to get it done for you.

Even if you resigned after you submitted your app, you should have provided your salary account for the last six months of your work experience before you resigned.

I will say prepare yourself for the worst! There is no story,!nor truth that can help you get away with using fake (bank documents).

All the best!

I think there is more to the story than the poster revealed. If you read the email sent by IRCC, the VO had reasonable doubt on his work experience and possibly requested for a 6 months bank statement to either collaborate his claims. Unfortunately, his agent provided something else which gave the VO reasonable grounds that his earlier documents were also fictitious.

Either he didn't work with Diamond Bank or he worked as a contract staff but rather claimed he worked in Diamond bank.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 8:22pm On Jun 11, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Yes please. Thanks.

Wow!! Seems Accra VO don wake cheesy Except they sent ur application to a different VO. Anyway I tap into dat grace of speed grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jesuba: 8:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
Boss13:

I think there is more to the story than the poster revealed. If you read the email sent by IRCC, the VO had reasonable doubt on his work experience and possibly requested for a 6 months bank statement to either collaborate his claims. Unfortunately, his agent provided something else which gave the VO reasonable grounds that his earlier documents were also fictitious.

Either he didn't work with Diamond Bank or he worked as a contract staff but rather claimed he worked in Diamond bank.

Can't he withdraw the application as opposed to wait and see approach?

Anyway when it gets toughest lean to God for mercy. It doesn't always mean you go scott free but He goes thru the mess with you.All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jolao: 8:47pm On Jun 11, 2017
@Vcole, thanks for your response, I had to send a PM cos I didn't see you online to clarify if he can actually claim 3 years in total for work experience or just that 1 year in clinical practice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2017
Jesuba:

Can't he withdraw the application as opposed to wait and see approach?

Anyway when it gets toughest lean to God for mercy. It doesn't always mean you go scott free but He goes thru the mess with you.All the best

Unfortunately, he has submitted his application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 9:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
Boss13:

Yes! I think there is certainly more to the story.
It is not unusual for a VO to have doubts and request for documents to clear them.

The OP in this case should have simply provided past statements of salary deposits if present one was not available.

There are somethings that even a God cannot help, and I am afraid this sounds like one of them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 9:44pm On Jun 11, 2017
Good evening to d gurus in da Aose, pls still on POF matter. Make I tender my case
I am a civil servant wit spouse n 3 kids, u know say civil servant no get get money nah ,however I av a registered company but I Dont av any bank account opened in the name of the company, my friends do help me run my personal acct with millions,like deposit and withdraw within few days,they promised to leave the fund in my account as soon as I get ITA till I finish the whole process, my question now is must the required fund sit in my account for 6 months before I can print out the statement for application and secondly will VO raise eyebrow with such money that is entering my account being a civil servant, pls I need ur advice cos I Dont want to be a victim.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 10:36pm On Jun 11, 2017
perks:

Wow!! Seems Accra VO don wake cheesy Except they sent ur application to a different VO. Anyway I tap into dat grace of speed grin

My app was processed at CPC Ottawa but Accra VO will do the stamping.

Yours will be fast too. No worry. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
revlane:

So happy for your dear. Congratulations !!!
Ours will arrive too in Jesus name

Amen!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyogirl: 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
Yaaay! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

SlowlybtSurely:
Long time people! Got my PPR few days ago. Took a total of 114 days from AOR. Timeline below:

FSW Outland
AOR February 15th
Meds passed April 7th
BG Next Step April 8th
Schedule A reguested April 26th
Schedule A submitted April 29th
BG NA May 1st
BG IP May 27th
PPR June 9th

Special thanks to my paddies; dupyshoo (may God bless this woman for me), vcole, Iphie, 40manlappy, boldinc etal.

This journey has taught me that if you have a vision, work towards it and pray, success is sure.

Good luck everyone. We will all celebrate in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Amen!!

@Slowlybtsurely

Nne'm o ma oooooo. Congratulations. I am so happy for you kiss kiss kiss

Go and show them what they are missing out in public health

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
pes08:

My questions are

Can I delete it post-ITA from work history in the e-APR and put it in the personal history. I know the profile is locked post -ITA. Yes, you can do that since you didn't get any points for his work experience. You may wish to mention it in your LOE

Also if he transfers money to account for the POF must he include his statement of account or write LOE. I think LOE suffices though it has been said that POF can be in the spouse's name.

Please which bank in Nigeria gives statement of account that meets the requirements of CIC. Currently, I only use my savings account with GTB and I have read it on this platform that they won't obey the request for a statement that fulfills the CIC requirements. Please read Fusion23's posts, especially on page 370. He got a letter from GTB (on savings account, I think) with which he got PR. It was also discussed recently on this forum

My reference letter also has a date error, instead of Jan 2006 to Dec 2007 they mistakenly put Jan 2006 to Dec 2006 but in the first paragraph the dates were stated correctly. Even though I have contacted HR, they are yet to reply. Can I submit it or I should wait for them to rectify it. It depends on the days/weeks/months that you have till the 90 days submission deadline; you can either wait for your HR to reply or put it in a LOE so that you can submit.

Thanks in advance to the gurus for answering my questions. Let us hear the comments of our more experienced members

Please see my posts in bold.

@vcole Trust you are fine. Patiently waiting for the next level cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MissShakara: 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Amen!!

Congratulations dear! I tap into your anointing.

Did I just site you at allnurses? wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
vcole:

@nekypalo, I recently contacted iqas as someone I know had a similar issue. Iqas would not send you any mail acknowledging receipt of your transcript until they have received your application form and proof of ID and copy of certificate. So they would have your transcript but would not have a file opened for you because they didn't receive your application form. The person I spoke to informed me of this and also said that if you send your documents by fax, you have to call immediately you send it to confirm that they have received it otherwise most times it just gets lost in transmission. She also mentioned that most of the applications sent via fax come out as illegible and blurry on their end and so sending the application forms via mail is their preferred option. So, I'll advise that you resend your application form n other documents asap.

This is true. An applicant I know sent them an email recently and they replied within 24 hours. They told her they received her transcripts but not the application form and they couldn't start the assessment until they receive her signed application form. She mailed the application form like over a month ago. She decided to fax the same form and got an acknowledgment receipt via email 2 days later
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hello All,

Please I need to ask a question on dependents. Can my sister-in-law accompany us in our family application (she's over 30yrs) or should she do her own EE? Can we bring our nanny along as well (she's more of an unofficially adopted daughter)? Thanks for the response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 11:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
vcole:
Congrats @slowlybtsurely, as your moniker goes, it has all worked out in the end. Super happy for you.

@jolao, you mentioned that your spouse is working in a non clinical role, that is what I referred to as his other job. It's pretty simple, fill his work experience as it is. If Mr X worked as a gardener from 2010-2011, then janitor from 2012-2013, then chef from 2014-2015, that is how Mr X should fill his work experience. I got your pm but I'm not responding to pms from new members as all questions are best asked and answered on the thread for maximum benefit to all.

my sister we full ground! how your side?
as usual, your input on this thread is priceless.
cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by veleta: 12:51am On Jun 12, 2017
@Slowlybutsurely,congrats!how time flies. I vividly remembered when you were tidying your pof.Congrats once again dear. God's grace as you guys land and settle as well.
40manlappy,Optionese,Vcole,Perks,Erhnie,Babachi and others, keep up with the good works. Your dreams shall all be accomplished in Jesus name Amen. Have a blessed week everyone

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:34am On Jun 12, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 4:52am On Jun 12, 2017
vcole:

My sista, hmmm, markate get as e be oh, we don price PR with CIC, them give us last price, we pay d money, now we neva see wetin we buy oh.......make e nor come be like "the more u look, d less u see.......lolz

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 4:57am On Jun 12, 2017
mamacajah:
Hello All,

Please I need to ask a question on dependents. Can my sister-in-law accompany us in our family application (she's over 30yrs) or should she do her own EE? Can we bring our nanny along as well (she's more of an unofficially adopted daughter)? Thanks for the response.

Sister in law - Nope, she has to do her EE profile. (she can't be claimed as dependant because of relationship status and age (OVER 18).

Nanny - Nope for Express entry......am not so sure what stream, but seems dere is a type of visa for such people, i dunno if it applies to Nigerians.

Don't worry some cana people will give the ino here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chordata(m): 5:31am On Jun 12, 2017
If you're thinking of using an agent, please watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de548aZ7wSk

It is your duty to ensure that your application does not constitute a misrepresentation. You will be held responsible for any misrepresentation and there will be no appeal. A 5 year ban and the possibility that you may never be able to enter Canada or the US. The agent has collected his fee and will move on to the next victim.

Better to plan ahead and do the right thing....cutting corners will only lead to grief.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 6:48am On Jun 12, 2017
IAMCOMING:

Oh really i have to....my score is 406 and i was hoping a remark will give an extra 6 points to take me to 412...thanks again

Oh. The Crs score is lower than I thought. what your age and your highest qualification. Those are the questions I should have asked earlier?

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.