Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599461 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 17, 2017
crystalmar:

Thank You
you're welcome
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Emmasonic4me: 1:00am On Jun 17, 2017
IELTS June 3rd result... LRWS: 6.5, 8, 7.5, 7. Overall : 7.5. With a CRS score of 384, what's the chance of getting an ITA?

Is there any advantage/limitation of using IQAS instead of WES for credential evaluation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 1:38am On Jun 17, 2017
Emmasonic4me:
IELTS June 3rd result... LRWS: 6.5, 8, 7.5, 7. Overall : 7.5. With a CRS score of 384, what's the chance of getting an ITA?

Is there any advantage/limitation of using IQAS instead of WES for credential evaluation?

6.5 in listening messed u up, u need to rewrite and aim for a minimum of 8 in listening to get good scores. With 384 ur ITA chance is super slim
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Emmasonic4me: 3:38am On Jun 17, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

6.5 in listening messed u up, u need to rewrite and aim for a minimum of 8 in listening to get good scores. With 384 ur ITA chance is super slim

Thanks for your response.

Please what's your take on the credential assessment? Do WES and IQAS have same acceptance?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 4:39am On Jun 17, 2017
@40manlappy and @babachi congrats. @emiye, don't worry ppr is coming. It's just paper work. If you look through your gcms carefully you'll see a part during the copr section that will probably say "print queue"
I submitted my app Nov 6th and was approved Dec 29th but took about 4 weeks before ppr came.
Someone asked about pof being in forex or local currency. I think it's all up to you really. Ircc won't mind either or both as long as you meet the funds requirement and can show proof of source of funds.

@optionese, my sister I follow you exclaim oh. It's a hilarious marra grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rudy007: 5:59am On Jun 17, 2017
Please famz, I need your opinion on this. Any akokite in the house with such an experience?? please your opinion is mostly needed.
I entered unilag through unilag diploma, if am to evaluate my result through WES, Will I be using both certificates or just the BSc Wil do??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 6:08am On Jun 17, 2017
when you request for transcript evaluation what would be sent to WES is usually your degree record. Diploma isn't included. I went through diploma but only my degree was evaluated by WES. I hope this helps
Rudy007:
Please famz, I need your opinion on this. Any akokite in the house with such an experience?? please your opinion is mostly needed.
I entered unilag through unilag diploma, if am to evaluate my result through WES, Will I be using both certificates or just the BSc Wil do??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rudy007: 6:25am On Jun 17, 2017
owoola:
Family, my ielts result is out L:9. R:9 W:7.5 S:7.5. Thanks to God and everyone that gave an idea of what to read and how to pass well. Looking forward to more success by God's grace.
Please do u mind sharing same idea of what to read and how to pass well, my result came out today nd am nt pleased with it. Thinking of re-writing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rudy007: 6:35am On Jun 17, 2017
chigrad:
when you request for transcript evaluation what would be sent to WES is usually your degree record. Diploma isn't included. I went through diploma but only my degree was evaluated by WES. I hope this helps
But I am thinking without evaluating diploma result with my degree, it would b a 3yearz program which I think is not upto standard. Do u think unilag also sent your diploma result to WES but it was nt evaluated? How are u so sure?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 7:03am On Jun 17, 2017
u can request for ur diploma result to be evaluated. But diploma isn't your highest degree. Having 3 yrs evaluated means u still meet the Canadian academic equivalent. Pls anyone with experience can add to this
Rudy007:

But I am thinking without evaluating diploma result with my degree, it would b a 3yearz program which I think is not upto standard. Do u think unilag also sent your diploma result to WES but it was nt evaluated? How are u so sure?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vanbaby: 7:54am On Jun 17, 2017
olamikhx:
Congrats oo, so happy for you. Which link did u use to check online? Guess you did the test on June 3rd too.

It's in the British council website.
https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx
Jt click on that.

I used ielts test buddy to study, watched utube vidoes on speaking and practiced with Cambridge ielts practice tests I got here . You got to be determined and willing to do the work to get your desired result
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vanbaby: 7:59am On Jun 17, 2017
olamikhx:
Congrats oo, so happy for you. Which link did u use to check online? Guess you did the test on June 3rd too.

Jt click on that.

I used ielts test buddy to study, watched utube vidoes on speaking and practiced with Cambridge ielts practice tests I got here . You got to be determined and willing to do the work to get your desired result
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Moatte: 8:11am On Jun 17, 2017
Babachi:
Guys just got PPR!
wow it wasnt easy. We are all going to canada, just package your applications well and submit.

Timeline:
AOR- 5 March
Meds passed- 26 April
IP1- 26 April
NA- 8 May
IP2- 8 June
PPR- 15 JUne

Congrats .....Medicals passed on June 13 ...that's 63days post AOR. We are a family of 4. I tap into your speed...lol.....wat's IP1 and NA?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 8:49am On Jun 17, 2017
Moatte:

Congrats .....Medicals passed on June 13 ...that's 63days post AOR. We are a family of 4. I tap into your speed...lol.....wat's IP1 and NA?

IP1 - Background Check in Progress 1
N/A - Background Check Not Application.

I read somewhere that the sequence is IP1-NA-IP2-Completed...then PPR will be really really close.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joyuzo(f): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2017
perks:

I did more of listening practice on YouTube. For all others it was mainly ieltsliz.com and ielts buddy.com.

Read explanations on each test module so u understand Wat to look out for.

Also, make use of the free British council materials u get access to wen u register for d test. Listen to videos of the ielts examiners explaining d test. I found it useful.

For d exam, write ur answers in Capital letters. Warning: dis is for Listening & Reading ONLY

All d best

*Modified*
Wow,congrats bro...but pls as regards the "CAPITAL LETTERS", must our answers really be in it? Becos I wrote some in capitals and some in lowercase.? Could this have an effect on my results?.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rudy007: 9:13am On Jun 17, 2017
vanbaby:

Jt click on that.

Please kindly help with the link to Cambridge ielts practice test u got here. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2017
Moatte:

wat's IP1 and NA?

#Copied

Stages in Canadian PR journey

1st the profile
2nd is ITA
3rd is AOR
4th medicals
5th background
6th ppr
7th COPR
8th landing
9th pr card

=======================

These are 3 different stages that majority of the PR applicants in EE will see against Background check in My CIC.

IP1
--------
IP1 will be shown when we pass the medical. Some people get this update on the same day along with their medical and some of them couple of days after. CIC agents will do R10, criminality checks during this stage. Once they feel everything is good then they will change it to NA. These things will happen at CIO Office (Centralized Intake Office)

NA
---------
This stage, our file will be transferred to CPC (Case processing Center) where agents will do eligibility assessments. If they feel everything is okay, then they will provide their recommendation to Visa Officer and same time they will initiate Security Checks.

IP2
--------
This status will be seen in my CIC account once Visa Officer starts reviewing or after reviewing all agents recommendations. On the same day PPR request will be triggered if the applicant paid RPRF upfront. These things will be done at CPC office.

It is not necessary that every applicant will undergo this process. But majority of the cases, I have noticed the same status.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rudy007: 9:21am On Jun 17, 2017
chigrad:
u can request for ur diploma result to be evaluated. But diploma isn't your highest degree. Having 3s yrs evaluated means u still meet the Canadian academic equivalent. Pls anyone with experience can add to this
Thanks so much, I appreciate ur response. Now I kno with my BSc I stil meet the Canadian Academic equivalent.
But can WES stil evaluate both degree together because I might also need it for an admission process in US. Wil it cost more to evaluate both degree together or should I just go wit my highest degree for both Canadian immigration process and US Admission process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pauloverdi: 10:24am On Jun 17, 2017
Hi House. Ive been an ardent (though) silent devotee of this thread for a while now. just by following your good advice every step of the way, without paying shishi to any agent, I got my PPR yesterday. UNA TOO MUCHHHHH OOOOOOOOOOO! in the words of that papa in the mtn radio jingle; God will bless Youuuu! God will continue to bless Youuuuu! words cannot adequately express my delirious joy. I owe each and every member of this glorious thread a hug. please feel free to come claim yours in Canada anytime soon!!!!

thanks for all your questions and thanks for all your answers. the questions have been the most important resource, because each new question brings a unique perspective to the topic in question... a perspective someone else reading might have overlooked if the question wasn't asked in the first place. God bless Youuuu lovely question asking people. una tooo much. being on this thread make me feel like Im crowdsourcing my brain... lol. GOD will not forgive me if I didn't post my heartfelt appreciation today. abeg make I go fill my IMM008. I will return with questions very soon...lol

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 10:40am On Jun 17, 2017
joyuzo:
Wow,congrats bro...but pls as regards the "CAPITAL LETTERS", must our answers really be in it? Becos I wrote some in capitals and some in lowercase.? Could this have an effect on my results?.

Thanks...@joyuzo.

There's is no rule dat ur answers must be in CAPS. However, wen u write in small letters u ve to be extra careful because if u write a noun like "Monday" as "monday", u will be marked down. So it's safer to write all in CAPS to avoid such scenarios. Hope dis helps.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:56am On Jun 17, 2017
Congratulations!! @pauloverdi. So happy for you. I can feel your joy smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 11:03am On Jun 17, 2017
@pauloverdi, Congratulations! Our PPR will come soonest as well IJN.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 11:14am On Jun 17, 2017
Peaceful2016:
Congrats to everyone who has received PPR recently...

I'm in the process of filling my e-APR and I have been rejected a UK visa in the past,

Please confirm if I will be answering YES to two statutory questions on the online form. Online there are two questions relating to refused visa but on the Schedule A form (hard copy), there is only one refused visa related question

Just submitted my e-apr after two ITA's (long story: most of whch was PCC dependent) however here's what I can advise from advice given me. Tick yes and explain on the online application and also go ahead to attach a Schedule A to ur docs. I put mine under loe space in addition​ to a detailed loe. This is because trend shows that the officer mostly request additional docs especially where u filled yes. So y not save urself some waittime by providing the docs upfront.??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pampem: 11:16am On Jun 17, 2017
40manlappy:
Congratulations!! @pauloverdi. So happy for you. I can feel your joy smiley

Please peeps, I still need help on my suitable NOC please. Anyone in e-banking operations and settlement (banking)that have gone through stage please help...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 11:20am On Jun 17, 2017
Blackbuddy:

To be honest and looking from the perspective of past experiences, Nigerians are not known to use gift deed for POF. This is a new practice our people are copying from other VOs so it's a bit of a grey area. And because the applicants using it is on the rise, we are seeing a lot more requests for clarification on source of POF from AVO. The use of gift deed is a delicate situation which should be approached on a one-on-one basis and not the copy paste that a lot people are doling now.

That being said, a nice looking scenario would be for the applicant to provide say, around 80% of the POF and then make up the balance through gift deed. This looks good an paper especially as the applicant is supposed to be an 'experienced skilled' worker who has the capacity to have built up the funds from years of working. Go back and look at the profiles of people who passed through the PR process successfully, you'll see that what a good number of them have in common is that their past income makes sense for them to have the POF they presented.

A situation where somebody who is supposed to be an experienced skilled worker is presenting POF that is composed of 80% or more from a gift and only 20% or less from their past work income, ofcourse you can expect questions during processing. This is just an opinion please but a point to ponder for someone out there. I'm sure that someone who successfully used gift deed can tell us what percentage of their gift deed made up their POF and how much they personally contributed from their income/savings, this would be nice. Hope this makes sense.

My thoughts exactly! Please lets not forget that this is an application for professionals and even if you are expected to have all the cash at hand upon entering the pool there are exceptions provided including valuation and sale of property, shares, stocks etc. I know the economy is harsh and truthfully if most had the POF they may not have considered migration, hence the need to borrow or be gifted, but I absolutely agree with the boldened. Lets be careful not to subject our applications to much scrutiny. God bless all our efforts including those already in Canada.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:21am On Jun 17, 2017
pampem:

Please peeps, I still need help on my suitable NOC please. Anyone in e-banking operations and settlement (banking)that have gone through stage please help...

Any ideas? @ajiifixing, merrymum, Beem4cupid, peppers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pauloverdi: 11:21am On Jun 17, 2017
and im back with my first question....

I think I remember filling this imm008 for somewhere before... I guess it was when I was filling the sinp form (which I never completed after I got an ita) or after my express entry ITA while filling the application forms. however I don't remember the particular region I selected.
1.can I select a new region as response to the question; where do u intend to live in Canada?
2. whish region is more popular with Nigerian immigrants
3. which region has more job opportunities for people with banking experience and people with heavy duty equipment maintenance experience?
4. is there easy mobility within the regions for new immigrants i.e if I chose Toronto and I want to move to Saskatchewan after my first month, is that possible?

abeg advice this jjc abeg
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 11:31am On Jun 17, 2017
Babachi:

Lol. U just got PPR too
I dont think you need to send the IMM8 if your family hasnt changed
Am sure any passport taken in a studio with the reqd specs will suffice

This month has rained successes and it sure gingers the rest of us...
I'm so moved to drop a few lines (even though im not your everyday active writer).
Congrats @babachi @merrymum @40manlappy @crystalmar @paulovedi and ors
To those of us coming behind, may we share in this testimonies.
@onlineise We de your back
@vcole @slowlybutsurely things we do for our family! Weldone mama's! Gods blessings.
@blackbuddy thanks for giving back and being honest. Bless you.
@dupsyshoo Olowogbogboro will forever give you joy!
Forgive me if i havent expressly listed your name, it is well with everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 11:32am On Jun 17, 2017
A big congrats to you. Please could you share your timelines grin

pauloverdi:
Hi House. Ive been an ardent (though) silent devotee of this thread for a while now. just by following your good advice every step of the way, without paying shishi to any agent, I got my PPR yesterday. UNA TOO MUCHHHHH OOOOOOOOOOO! in the words of that papa in the mtn radio jingle; God will bless Youuuu! God will continue to bless Youuuuu! words cannot adequately express my delirious joy. I owe each and every member of this glorious thread a hug. please feel free to come claim yours in Canada anytime soon!!!!

thanks for all your questions and thanks for all your answers. the questions have been the most important resource, because each new question brings a unique perspective to the topic in question... a perspective someone else reading might have overlooked if the question wasn't asked in the first place. God bless Youuuu lovely question asking people. una tooo much. being on this thread make me feel like Im crowdsourcing my brain... lol. GOD will not forgive me if I didn't post my heartfelt appreciation today. abeg make I go fill my IMM008. I will return with questions very soon...lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:40am On Jun 17, 2017
Bimpsy99:
A big congrats to you. Please could you share your timelines grin

Seconded! grin grin

@pauloverdi, please share your timelines to inspire others before you ask further questions tongue

ITA
EOR
Medical
NA
IP1
NA
IP2
PPR

Bimpsy99, shey e don do? wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 11:49am On Jun 17, 2017
pauloverdi:
and im back with my first question....

I think I remember filling this imm008 for somewhere before... I guess it was when I was filling the sinp form (which I never completed after I got an ita) or after my express entry ITA while filling the application forms. however I don't remember the particular region I selected.
1.can I select a new region as response to the question; where do u intend to live in Canada? You are FSW I believe?? If yes then you have a free access card to any province of your choice.[color=#990000][/color]
2. whish region is more popular with Nigerian immigrants Saskatchewan /Manitoba/ Ontario
3. which region has more job opportunities for people with banking experience and people with heavy duty equipment maintenance experience? GTA. Its the financial capital. Even though each city has banks and all, they are mainly retail/consumer bankng.
4. is there easy mobility within the regions for new immigrants i.e if I chose Toronto and I want to move to Saskatchewan after my first month, is that possible? To the best of my knowledge the answer is yes. It is only a PNP immigrant that is bound to the city that brought him over for a minimum of 2years

abeg advice this jjc abeg

Please find my response​s in colour. Although I never reach canny o! This is based on my research.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 11:58am On Jun 17, 2017
Congrats @40manlappy @Babachi and all thst got their medicals passed and ppr... We dey ur back o... Hoping and praying seriously...
What about if dint pay rprf upfront.. Does it delay the process @40manlappy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.