Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,729 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2611184 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 9:25pm On Jun 17, 2017
My spouse and I just completed the EE profile and CRS is 452. What's next?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
crazyinlove:
My spouse and I just completed the EE profile and CRS is 452. What's next?

Wait for the next draw...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:47pm On Jun 17, 2017
jugzy:
Congratulations! Please was your file sent to London, Accra or Ottawa for PPR?

PPR was issued by Ottawa but was directed to send the passport to Accra.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Emmasonic4me: 10:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Same acceptance in what sense?

Nationwide or province bound. In case one later uses it for academic purposes, does it have same acceptance with WES in academic institutions?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
Emmasonic4me:

Nationwide or province bound. In case one later uses it for academic purposes, does it have same acceptance with WES in academic institutions?

For the purpose of immigration Iqas and Wes are accepted. When we reach Canada we go cross the bridge of which and which is not accepted in what province or office smiley one step at a time bro/sis

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Emmasonic4me: 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

For the purpose of immigration Iqas and Wes are accepted. When we reach Canada we go cross the bridge of which and which is not accepted in what province or office smiley one step at a time bro/sis
Hahahaha. I be big bro. grin grin grin

I like your spirit.

Thanks dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DatechMan(m): 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2017
Emmasonic4me:

Hahahaha. I be big bro. grin grin grin

I like your spirit.

Thanks dear.

In terms of acceptability, both are acceptable for ECA.

WES has an advantage of international popularity i.e it is acceptable in more places than IQAS (my guess).

As an Engineer, I have chosen to use WES because I will need to use WES again for (P Eng). Although that would be a course-by-course evaluation but since they have my transcript I can use the same account to request for evaluations any time.

As good as that may sound, many demerits have been cited against WES - such include Validation from institutions which could be a big issue for many Nigerian public schools also the processing time seems to be higher. Many people have also mentioned issue of point loss based on WES evaluation being lower in some cases(e.g LLB) than IQAS.

It will do you a great good to read many of the previous posts to see what the experience of users have been.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Emmasonic4me: 11:32pm On Jun 17, 2017
DatechMan:

WES has an advantage of international popularity i.e it is acceptable in more places than IQAS (my guess).

As an Engineer, I have chosen to use WES because I will need to use WES again for (P Eng). Although that would be a course-by-course evaluation but since they have my transcript I can use the same account to request for evaluations any time.

As good as that may sound, many demerits have been cited against WES - such include Validation from institutions which could be a big issue for many Nigerian public schools also the processing time seems to be higher. Many people have also mentioned issue of point loss based on WES evaluation being lower in some cases(e.g LLB) than IQAS.

It will do you a great good to read many of the previous posts to see what the experience of users have been.

Thanks for your opinions and recommendation bro.

Remain blessed!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TDELTD: 12:21am On Jun 18, 2017
Hello Guys, I have a question. Which makes more sense? To get married while waiting for PPR or to get COPR, travel and then come back to Nig to get married. What are the timelines for both options?

Also, what is the timeline for carrying out a marriage at the registry? Can it all be done say within one week? Please advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zaraman(m): 12:24am On Jun 18, 2017
i got my ielts result few days ago,which made my crs points shoot up to 453.My question is

is it advisable to plunge into the EE pool since i recently got MR for my november 2014 fsw application.(Medical passed) and PPRF paid.

If i go ahead with the EE profile and get ITA,will i need to pay the application fee,PPRF fees and take a new medical examination all over again.My medical was done this month and PPRF paid this month too

Can i have 2 application running or i have to withdraw one ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:41am On Jun 18, 2017
zaraman:
i got my ielts result few days ago,which made my crs points shoot up to 453.My question is

is it advisable to plunge into the EE pool since i recently got MR for my november 2014 fsw application.(Medical passed) and PPRF paid.

If i go ahead with the EE profile and get ITA,will i need to pay the application fee,PPRF fees and take a new medical examination all over again.My medical was done this month and PPRF paid this month too

Na wa

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sweetrie(f): 6:12am On Jun 18, 2017
zaraman:

You already have ITA, why create another EE profile?. Just wait seniors are coming

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 7:12am On Jun 18, 2017
bee4blues:
Good Day People,

I'm New here and i need to have a detailed understanding of what the process is about before applying for the express entry program.

I am 21 years old and a Lawyer by profession. My overall IELTS result was 8.5 and i have a spouse/partner (25 years). She is a biochemist.

We both graduated about the same time and got a low paying job. The economic situation in Nigeria is a reason for this.

We both have two years of work experience with a Net income of 50k naira monthly each, averaging about 600k Naira a year per person. However we plan to show we have financial sustenance of CAD 15k through our Fixed Deposit Certificate. Oh I didn't mention that my cousin is a permanent resident in canada and this was how he processed his (The Fixed Deposit Certificate).

By calculation, our CRS score is about 455 (Maybe Above). My questions are:

1. Is it better i apply alone or with my spouse?

2. Would it be a problem on how our salary doesn't translate to what we have in the fixed deposit? Is my monthly salary too little? Is it a justification for issuance or denial?

3. Is the fixed deposit the best way to go about this? or we get a notarized gift deed?

4. What is the Best advise you have for us on this?

Nice man! Young people is what cic wants and encourages so your score is gonna be high and high above any draws cutoff for ita based on current trend.

If u r married, u must apply together except u don't have plans to be with her in canada.

Am guessing u have started ur ECA assessment, if not use IQAS, seems that favours lawyers. (BTW, u went to law skul right?)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Justiyke4u: 7:21am On Jun 18, 2017
Justiyke4u:
Please do you need to have the proof of fund before entering the pool and assuming you don't have the proof of fund until you get ITA and then arranged for it will it have any effect?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bolabae: 7:51am On Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone and happy Sunday. Please I would like to know if the legal change of name for ladies should come after the date on marriage certificate or it can be before the date on the marriage cert. My newspaper publication for change of name reads September while my marriage cert reads October. I 'll like to know if that 'll be a problem or it should come after the date on the marriage certificate. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Moatte: 8:02am On Jun 18, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Congrats, what's your AoR date

April 10
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zaraman(m): 8:26am On Jun 18, 2017
elfmann:

Na wa

na wa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zaraman(m): 8:28am On Jun 18, 2017
sweetrie:
You already have ITA, why create another EE profile?. Just wait seniors are coming

no ITA yet.what i have is a 2014 old system fsw application which took almost 3years before getting MR.which i just got this month,done and passed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:40am On Jun 18, 2017
zaraman:

Good morning sir/ma are you really serious or you are joking? You already have an active ITA that has gotten to Medicals passed and you want to file another application. What a WAWU.

I understand that it's taken this long(2004) but are you really serious .am just amazed at this line of reasoning.

Please do t do it. Go and start gathering money for ticket and reevaluate your POF and redo medicals cos you will be asked for another one soon.

Pele I know the wait can be frustrating.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:43am On Jun 18, 2017
zaraman:

no ITA yet.what i have is a 2014 old system fsw application which took almost 3years before getting MR.which i just got this month,done and passed.

If you don't have ITA how did you get medicals passed. Please enumurate your issue properly lets rob minds
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:46am On Jun 18, 2017
@mummyjaygirls please can you email me a copy of the PCC form to Kingamaka1860@gmail.com. Thank you.

Please anybody who has a copy help me.

Modified someone has sent me already. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:48am On Jun 18, 2017
bolabae:
Hello everyone and happy Sunday. Please I would like to know if the legal change of name for ladies should come after the date on marriage certificate or it can be before the date on the marriage cert. My newspaper publication for change of name reads September while my marriage cert reads October. I 'll like to know if that 'll be a problem or it should come after the date on the marriage certificate. Thanks in anticipation

Make a new newspaper publication.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sweetrie(f): 9:07am On Jun 18, 2017
zaraman:

oh ok. I don't know anything about that. Sorry. Someone will respond soon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 9:13am On Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the insightful comments. A friend who already has an ECA with WES decided to do a course by course evaluation.Guess what. WES sent him a mail that they are awaiting verification from his institution. He was shocked and inquired why.. They responded by saying what they did during ECA is to verify your certificate. Now they are verifying his transcript. I find that approach ridiculous. The young man is now trying to follow up with his Naija school,same horrible process he experiencced at first..

My conclusion is that you should look at the pros and con's, speed, favorable assessment and all before u choose WES or IQAS.

DatechMan:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zaraman(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2017
optionese:

Good morning sir/ma are you really serious or you are joking? You already have an active ITA that has gotten to Medicals passed and you want to file another application. What a WAWU.

I understand that it's taken this long(2004) but are you really serious .am just amazed at this line of reasoning.

Please do t do it. Go and start gathering money for ticket and reevaluate your POF and redo medicals cos you will be asked for another one soon.

Pele I know the wait can be frustrating.

2014 till june 2017 is a long time.i have read of people who waited almost or over a year to get PPR after medicals under the 2014 fsw stream.some had to redo their medicals.

2014 fsw is processed differently from the new EE.

since we hardly have folks from the 2014 fsw on this thread comment on thier timeline,such recent information would have guided one in my position to make an informed decision.

A lot of people in 2014 fsw ,who couldnt wait ,had to submit a new application in EE in 2016 and most got their PPR within a month to 3months.

all am saying i do not have the luxury of time to wait another year to PPR under the 2014 fsw.

If there are 2014 applicant who got any update from cic this year,could you guys kindly share your timeline.

Had to do 4 ielts this year before i got a 9.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:30am On Jun 18, 2017
zaraman:

2014 till june 2017 is a long time.i have read of people who waited almost or over a year to get PPR after medicals under the 2014 fsw stream.some had to redo their medicals.

since we hardly have folks from the 2014 fsw on this thread comment on thier timeline,such recent information would have guided one in my position to make an informed decision.

A lot of people in 2014 fsw ,who couldnt wait ,had to submit a new application in EE in 2016 and most got their PPR within a month to 3months.

all am saying i do not have the luxury of time to wait another year to PPR under the 2014 fsw.

If there are 2014 applicant who got any update from cic this year,could you guys kindly share your timeline.

Am sorry, I guess I don't know how that process works. But if you know people who have done it, perhaps reach out to them on what to do.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shogunley: 9:31am On Jun 18, 2017
please.... if one is applying for FSW, will such still need to provide statement of account?
Also, my credentials were evaluated by WES (USA), can i still go ahead to use it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:33am On Jun 18, 2017
zaraman:

If you are certain people have done this, then best you get a new profile cos am sure there would be a draw on Wednesday and 453 is a good score. I can't n imagine how you coped with the delay.

Would you be kind enough to describe how the earlier process works? Bdw are you a government worker? I here more scrutiny is put on their applications.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:34am On Jun 18, 2017
shogunley:
please.... if one is applying for FSW, will such still need to provide statement of account?
Also, my credentials were evaluated by WES (USA), can i still go ahead to use it?

I suggest you read the CIC website
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yemdogg: 9:48am On Jun 18, 2017
esosa4real:

Nice man! Young people is what cic wants and encourages so your score is gonna be high and high above any draws cutoff for ita based on current trend.

If u r married, u must apply together except u don't have plans to be with her in canada.

Am guessing u have started ur ECA assessment, if not use IQAS, seems that favours lawyers. (BTW, u went to law skul right?)

His education was quite rapid. 6 yrs plus 1 yr NYSC....that means he must have gained admission early like 14 yrs old. Nice one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 9:54am On Jun 18, 2017
Congratulations to all those who are getting PPR. We are behind you.

#Copied#

I want to congratulate those who have already received Passport request mail. If you are landing in Toronto ON, Vancouver BC, Winnipeg MB, Regina SK and if you are going to Ottawa ON; and you need a pick up to your destination and any other assistance, please contact the following people they will be glad to pick you up and drop you at your desired location and render necessary assistance towards your settling down in Canada.

Please note that preference shall be given to ANGLICAN members.

Toronto
Rev. Canon Olufemi Olajide
+1647-460-3594

Ottawa
Rev. Canon Felix Oyinlola
+1613-262-6541
Barrister Adeyemo
+1613-890-4282

Vancouver
Rev. Dayo Fasan
+1604-722-1970

Regina SK
Ven. Kay Adebogun
+1306-581-8224
Rev. Kunle Odumosu
+1306-351-7397

Winnipeg
Ven. Davies Adebiyi
+1204-962-1836

Rev. Canon Matthew Olufemi Olajide

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zaraman(m): 9:58am On Jun 18, 2017
optionese:

If you are certain people have done this, then best you get a new profile cos am sure there would be a draw on Wednesday and 453 is a good score. I can't n imagine how you coped with the delay.

Would you be kind enough to describe how the earlier process works? Bdw are you a government worker? I here more scrutiny is put on their applications.

government worker ke.i am just a regular skilled worker o in the private sector.The old system took 12month to 14months,but in september 2015 the delay started citing the syrian refugee crisis and all.This went on till 2016,after the initial delay,some 2014 applicant got updates and medical early 2016 and randomly during the year but wasnt that lucky,only to get MR this month.All this while EE application was being processed and most met the 6months processing duration.

I will create a new profile next month(dont see the cut off points going above 450 anytime soon) and once i get ITA,will hold on for 60days to 70days before submitting.I believe i have 90days after ITA to submit application.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.