Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2623260 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lilyandie: 12:15am On Jun 28, 2017
Dammiehar:
Hello, I was in the same situation a month ago. It took Canada Post 2 weeks to deliver my transcripts to IQAS after it arrived in Canada from the UK, and it took IQAS 2 weeks to send AOR. So hang in there, your transcripts will get to IQAS, it might have even gotten there. They will send you an email soon.

Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kyaggy(f): 12:27am On Jun 28, 2017
Boss13:

Thanks,
Please I have created the profile but am yet to pay. Do I need to upload a transcript then pay before they contact my school?

Go to www.wes.org and create a profile first. there is also FAQs which you can read up. If you are still not clear, return back to the forum for assistance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by honeybeetom: 12:29am On Jun 28, 2017
Hello everyone, I just joined this group two weeks ago and I just wish I had joined earlier. I got PPR last week and am the principal applicant with one dependant (my husband). In the PPR, we were asked to send our passports within 15 days to Ghana for the visa. However, husband's passport is not available, his passport is in another embassy for visa due to work-related things and so he won't be able to withdraw his passport till July ending when it will be given back to him. Kindly advise on what to do as the 15 days deadline is so close by. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 28, 2017
XX01:

He cannot because EE makes it mandatory that you have to be in full time paid employment. Part time work will not suffice.

Hello ma, a part time employment can suffice so far it is a paid employment, and the total number if hours worked can be equal to that of a full time employment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 28, 2017
elfmann:

With which degree?

Hello there, look at this scenario. Let's assume a young lady got employed in 2010 and she got admission in 2013. She continues her work while studying and was able to beat the required number of hours. She then graduated in May 2017. Does that mean because her employment came before her graduation, she is ineligible?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 1:31am On Jun 28, 2017
honeybeetom:
Hello everyone, I just joined this group two weeks ago and I just wish I had joined earlier. I got PPR last week and am the principal applicant with one dependant (my husband). In the PPR, we were asked to send our passports within 15 days to Ghana for the visa. However, husband's passport is not available, his passport is in another embassy for visa due to work-related things and so he won't be able to withdraw his passport till July ending when it will be given back to him. Kindly advise on what to do as the 15 days deadline is so close by. Thank you.

Reply them requesting for an extension

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yetunde84: 2:09am On Jun 28, 2017
Hi wonderful people of Nairaland,
I have a friend who had a diploma in law and also a BSc in law, law school certificate too. Please what will she evaluate with Wes and can she claim two degrees? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 2:28am On Jun 28, 2017
Iqas evaluates llb as masters, evaluate only LLB and use IQAS not Wes .
yetunde84:
Hi wonderful people of Nairaland,
I have a friend who had a diploma in law and also a BSc in law, law school certificate too. Please what will she evaluate with Wes and can she claim two degrees? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 2:56am On Jun 28, 2017
Onlineise:

BREAKING NEWS!!!! grin grin grin grin[

Just passed Medicals...I have been on the road all break...just logged in now.

Yo congrats!!

Na really breaking news....lol grin grin If you come get PPR, wetin u go call am? "NEWS ON THE HOUR" grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 3:53am On Jun 28, 2017
ayxmania:

Hello ma, a part time employment can suffice so far it is a paid employment, and the total number if hours worked can be equal to that of a full time employment.

I was responding directly to someone that was in full time school and wanted to claim part time work experience. But I don't know, it was my own interpretation. People may know better.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 4:11am On Jun 28, 2017
perks:

Not correct. Part time paid work qualifies, provided u have racked in d equivalent amount of time in full time work.

I have modified my point for clarity.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 4:30am On Jun 28, 2017
eboziem:

What you quoted above from the CIC website refers to Canadian Work Experience

Canadian work experience

(3) For the purposes of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1); and
(d) is remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission.
Requirements

(4) In order to be assigned points under subsection (1) for their Canadian work experience, a foreign national

(a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their Canadian work experience; and
(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.
Full-time work

(5) For the purposes of this section, full-time work consists of at least 30 hours of work per week.

Work in excess

(6) For the purposes of this section, a period of work experience that exceeds full-time work in one occupation, or simultaneous periods of work experience in more than one full-time occupation, are to be evaluated as a single period of full-time work experience in a single occupation.

Work experience — requirements

(7) For the purposes of this section,

(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(b) a period of self-employment or unauthorized work is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(c) the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and
(d) the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week.

This should not be confused for work experience got outside Canada.

Below is for work Experience outside Canada

Combination of foreign work experience and official language proficiency

23 The points that may be assigned for a combination of the foreign national’s foreign work experience and their level of proficiency in their first official language, according to their benchmark level as assessed in that language under the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens, are the following:

(a) 0 points, if the foreign national has no foreign work experience, regardless of their proficiency in their first official language;
(b) 13 points, if the foreign national has one or two years of foreign work experience and their proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 7 or higher in all language skill areas, with one or more areas assessed at less than level 9;
(c) 25 points, if the foreign national has one or two years of foreign work experience and their proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 9 or higher in all language skill areas;
(d) 25 points, if the foreign national has at least three years of foreign work experience and their proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 7 or higher in all language skill areas, with one or more areas assessed at less than level 9; and
(e) 50 points, if the foreign national has at least three years of foreign work experience and their proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 9 or higher in all language skill areas

Foreign work experience

25 (1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1); and
(d) is remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission.
Requirements

(2) In order to be assigned points under section 23 or 24 for their foreign work experience, a foreign national

(a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their foreign work experience; and
(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.
Full-time work

(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(b), full-time work consists of at least 30 hours of work per week.

Once the Part time work experience meets the equivalent number of hours for full time work, it would be considered.

So, in your opinion, the op qualifies for EE based on this section? He doesn't yet have a degree . anyways, you guys probably know better. I'm still working on gaining more understanding.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by honeybeetom: 5:35am On Jun 28, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Thanks mummyJaygirls, is it possible to request for extension for just my husband because I don't want to delay my own, my own passport is free. Also, by what means should I reply them?
Reply them requesting for an extension
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 28, 2017
ayxmania:

Hello there, look at this scenario. Let's assume a young lady got employed in 2010 and she got admission in 2013. She continues her work while studying and was able to beat the required number of hours. She then graduated in May 2017. Does that mean because her employment came before her graduation, she is ineligible?
No, but her work experience is part-time. Count two years as one and provide evidence of salary. Chikena. Na Australia get that wahala.She can even claim full-time 2010-2013 but with evidence of d paid job years..she is cool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eddie7: 6:36am On Jun 28, 2017
Guys keep the good work here going --- the thread has being very educative, informative & extremely helpful--- more grease guys!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by raheemkeji(f): 6:49am On Jun 28, 2017
Good Morning All.

My Wife WES Application has been delayed due to late response from her school. I want to know if anyone has requested for his/her transcript from BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO (BUK). If i can be referred to anyone Please. it's Almost 8 months and Transcript has not been sent not to talk of verification from her school.

I really need help. it's delaying my application and i will appreciate if anyone can advise me on what to do.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ymummy234: 7:01am On Jun 28, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Congratulations! I'm still waiting. Wish me luck wink

@mummyjaygirls me sef dey wait for you,,.... wish you more than luck, favor and grace is yours ijn - make MAY ppl do quick
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by felixzo1(m): 7:04am On Jun 28, 2017
DatechMan:
I think I have entered once chance.

I asked a friend of mine to help pay for the WES fee online. I asked him to do it for me because I was aware he had applied to several schools in canny without issues. He did tell me that he has someone in US that helps him to do it.

After paying him #70,000 to pay WES fee of CAD 234 (Higher than parallel market rate) . This is what I got this evening.

Guys what do you advise.

. for those interested, you can get a preloaded dollar Uba MasterCard and use for your online payment. get dollars from the black market and take your international passport to any Uba branch and ask for a dollar prepaid card

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 7:08am On Jun 28, 2017
Temaad:
Hi everyone! I've tried reading this thread from page 1 ( I skipped some pages tho) I've gained quite a lot. My credential is being evaluated atm and I'm preparing for my ielts. I'm interested in BC pnp (I'm in the medical line). My question is concerning pof. I need the gurus in the house to please advise me. I just want to start saving extensively(I've been reckless with spending in the past) I have an acct with diamond bank I hardly use ( i save peanuts in this acct ) then my salary acct wit UBA which I've been withdrawing from anyhow in the past. Which acct do you advise me to use for the pof. Plus I lent out some money that will be paid into my acct (500k and above) how do I explain this sum of money ? Thank you in advance

First of all, what's your medical line? If age is on your side, you might have good scores! Why BC PNP? (any reason?).
Have you calculated ur score on crs tool?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 7:19am On Jun 28, 2017
raheemkeji:
Good Morning All.

My Wife WES Application has been delayed due to late response from her school. I want to know if anyone has requested for his/her transcript from BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO (BUK). If i can be referred to anyone Please. it's Almost 8 months and Transcript has not been sent not to talk of verification from her school.

I really need help. it's delaying my application and i will appreciate if anyone can advise me on what to do.

Thank you.

Wow 8months? (wetin the school dey process self, na transcript? Abi dem wan give you the Canadian PR Gbam!? grin grin)...lol

On a serious note, I am imagining the plenty CIC draws you have missed because of this delay! Biko, if you are in Nigeria, simply find time to visit the school and let money change hands.

They will do the needful! Nigerian schools don't feel obligated to do these things free of charge and it's a pity!!

Wish u all d best!

SHALLOM!!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:28am On Jun 28, 2017
ymummy234:

@mummyjaygirls me sef dey wait for you,,.... wish you more than luck, favor and grace is yours ijn - make MAY ppl do quick

Lol, my sister thank you and Amin. Will be back with good news soon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:31am On Jun 28, 2017
[quote author=honeybeetom post=57906056][/quote]

People have been using this email addy CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Others that have requested for extension for one reason or the other can chip in further info

Goodluck!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ltee: 8:16am On Jun 28, 2017
Guys am still waiting for your replys o. IP2 was 19th June, when do I expect ppr. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chimnauvsky: 8:21am On Jun 28, 2017
Hello guys. I am new here and have read a lot but had to skip plenty pages. Here's my situation. I have completed the IELTS with an average of 8.5 I have up to 3 years work experience. I have a BSc degree and doing an MSc now (due to finish latest February next year). I am not sure whether to send in my BSc for assessment now or wait to finish my MSc and use that instead. How much difference will using the MSc make for my application? What do you guys advise?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:36am On Jun 28, 2017
Rudy007:

Thanks for the reply. I read somewhere on this thread that there's hardly an increase in the reading and listening section after remarking. How true is this?? Please I need to know cos am seruizly thinking maybe I should go for a remark or better still to rewrite the exam and hope for a better score

You can do both. It's up to you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:37am On Jun 28, 2017
Chimnauvsky:
Hello guys. I am new here and have read a lot but had to skip plenty pages. Here's my situation. I have completed the IELTS with an average of 8.5 I have up to 3 years work experience. I have a BSc degree and doing an MSc now (due to finish latest February next year). I am not sure whether to send in my BSc for assessment now or wait to finish my MSc and use that instead. How much difference will using the MSc make for my application? What do you guys advise?

Use the crs calculator and calculate your score. Then you can make a decision

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:38am On Jun 28, 2017
ltee:
Guys am still waiting for your replys o. IP2 was 19th June, when do I expect ppr. Thank you.

LOL PPR will come when it will come. Go and start packing your bags and bidding farewell to your family and friends

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 8:40am On Jun 28, 2017
honeybeetom:

Congratulations. Kindly share your timeline with the house
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 28, 2017
hi guys.

please does anyone know about applying with a common law partner?

thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:50am On Jun 28, 2017
ltee:

No one can say for sure but from Babachi's timeline it was 7 days (8 June - 15 June).

cheesy you are almost at the finish line...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 10:26am On Jun 28, 2017
raheemkeji:
Good Morning All.

Thank you.

Can you apply without your wife's points and see if it's good enough for ITA while you chase her transcript?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 10:39am On Jun 28, 2017
ltee:

Baba/Madam, why you dey stress now...If I be you enh, I go dey shop for flight tickets now sef. You suppose dun dey follow Justin on twitter dey greet am Good Morning Sir or Bonjour Monsieur everyday. grin grin grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.