Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2623187 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
XX01:

They will have your past refusal. When you apply for PR, make sure your POF is solid and does not show that you have had it for a long time. It would throw up a red flag. Your POF could come via sale of property and cars, etc. Because they already have it in their records that you don't have that kind of money from your normal work.

Hello am I also have a similar issue
. I was refused study visa in January this year due to insufficient funds. Am soon to get Ita now and I now have sufficient fund which came into my account in March. The source of the fund is from a property I rented out for 5 years.i intend to get Ita in july and apply in October when the funds will be seated in my account for more than 6 months. My question now is do I still need to proof source of funds even if the money is more than 6 months in my account?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
esosa4real:

That's risky!! CIC has no chill these days.

Though they claim that you can submit evidence that you have started the process and then raise CSE later, I however wouldn't suggest that.....cos they still ve been rejecting people for this!!

FBI PCC is taking a long time now to get, so if you are not in the last phase of the FBI PCC application, it will affect ur eAPR.

If you have a high crs score, you can do what some others here on nairaland have done, which is to reject ITA and apply when they get the FBI PCC.

if you don't have good crs scores, they you can try ur luck and submit it with adequate evidence.

SHALLOM

Thank you. Pls can you help with the bank letter question too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
AnyiEO1:

No he can't go the PR route.He needs at least a one year Post Graduate work experience to be eligible.
He can only go the Canada undergraduate study route.

Hello there, so does that mean someone who was working while studying and has accumulated the equivalent of 3years experience cannot apply?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 8:25pm On Jun 27, 2017
ayxmania:

Hello there, so does that mean someone who was working while studying and has accumulated the equivalent of 3years experience cannot apply?

He cannot because EE makes it mandatory that you have to be in full time paid employment. Part time work whilst schooling will not suffice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 8:32pm On Jun 27, 2017
ysmd:

. I was refused study visa in January this year due to insufficient funds. Am soon to get Ita now and I now have sufficient fund which came into my account in March. The source of the fund is from a property I rented out for 5 years.i intend to get Ita in july and apply in October when the funds will be seated in my account for more than 6 months. My question now is do I still need to proof source of funds even if the money is more than 6 months in my account?

Don't misunderstand me. I meant that she can't show 6 months POF especially as it hadn't been up to 6 months she had been refused for lack of funds. But my opinion would be to include how it came to be as not so long ago you didn't have enough funds for studies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
XX01:

He cannot because EE makes it mandatory that you have to be in full time paid employment. Part time work will not suffice.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

Foreign work experience

25 (1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1); and
(d) is remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission.

If part time work is not taken into consideration, how do you explain S.25(1)b of the above?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 8:53pm On Jun 27, 2017
eboziem:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

Foreign work experience

25 (1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1); and

If part time work is not taken into consideration, how do you explain S.25(1)b of the above?

In your opinion, what does the bolded mean.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
xty114:
Hi everyone,

i just entered the pool with my IELTS Overall band of 7 and my CRS Score is 332. Please how do i go about the Provincial Nomination, i have only been able to apply to Manitoba . Other province e.g Saskatchewan doesnt have my NOC on it list of occupations, BC require i have job offer,?
Ontario will indicate in my CIC account before i can apply for nomination. Please how do i go about it? I cant just sit and be looking , my CRS point is too low. Do u think i should rewrite the IELTS? even if i have 8 band, my CRS score will be around 403. I need your advise and guidance, i beg.

I think you should still retake IELTS and aim for not just the overall band 8 but anything from 8,7,7,7 in LRWS and above. The better, the more your points.
As for PNP, Ontario will not nominate anyone below 400 CRS points. You can also check Nova Scotia PNP whether your NOC is on their In-demamd occupation list.
My advice is to retake IELTS and hit or exceed the above score to boost your points. If at all you still can't meet the cut off, at least you make yourself eligible for Ontario PNP which will boost your chances.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 9:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
XX01:

He cannot because EE makes it mandatory that you have to be in full time paid employment. Part time work will not suffice.

Not correct. Part time paid work qualifies, provided u have racked in d equivalent amount of time in full time work.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
perks:

Not correct. Part time paid work qualifies, provided u have racked in d equivalent amount of time in full time work.

From CIC website:

Full-time work

(5) For the purposes of this section, full-time work consists of at least 30 hours of work per week.

Work in excess

(6) For the purposes of this section, a period of work experience that exceeds full-time work in one occupation, or simultaneous periods of work experience in more than one full-time occupation, are to be evaluated as a single period of full-time work experience in a single occupation.

Work experience — requirements

(7) For the purposes of this section,

(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;

(b) a period of self-employment or unauthorized work is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(c) the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and
(d) the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week.

The bolded is referring to the original OPs question.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ltee: 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
Evening seniors,

I have been on IP2 since last Monday 19th. Please advise on when ppr comes. Keeping faith.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2017
XX01:

From CIC website:

The bolded is referring to the original OPs question.

What you quoted above from the CIC website refers to Canadian Work Experience

Canadian work experience

(3) For the purposes of this section, Canadian work experience is work experience that

(a) is acquired by a foreign national in Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
(c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under subsection (1); and
Requirements

(4) In order to be assigned points under subsection (1) for their Canadian work experience, a foreign national

(a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their Canadian work experience; and
(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.
Full-time work

(5) For the purposes of this section, full-time work consists of at least 30 hours of work per week.

Work in excess

(6) For the purposes of this section, a period of work experience that exceeds full-time work in one occupation, or simultaneous periods of work experience in more than one full-time occupation, are to be evaluated as a single period of full-time work experience in a single occupation.

Work experience — requirements

(7) For the purposes of this section,

(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(b) a period of self-employment or unauthorized work is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;
(c) the foreign national must have had temporary resident status during their period of work experience and any period of full-time study or training; and
(d) the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience is 30 hours of work per week.

This should not be confused for work experience got outside Canada.

Below is for work Experience outside Canada

Combination of foreign work experience and official language proficiency

23 The points that may be assigned for a combination of the foreign national’s foreign work experience and their level of proficiency in their first official language, according to their benchmark level as assessed in that language under the Canadian Language Benchmarks or the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens, are the following:

(a) 0 points, if the foreign national has no foreign work experience, regardless of their proficiency in their first official language;
(b) 13 points, if the foreign national has one or two years of foreign work experience and their proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 7 or higher in all language skill areas, with one or more areas assessed at less than level 9;
(c) 25 points, if the foreign national has one or two years of foreign work experience and their proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 9 or higher in all language skill areas;
(d) 25 points, if the foreign national has at least three years of foreign work experience and their proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 7 or higher in all language skill areas, with one or more areas assessed at less than level 9; and
(e) 50 points, if the foreign national has at least three years of foreign work experience and their proficiency in their first official language is assessed at level 9 or higher in all language skill areas

Foreign work experience

Requirements

(2) In order to be assigned points under section 23 or 24 for their foreign work experience, a foreign national

(a) must specify in their expression of interest the four-digit code in the National Occupational Classification that corresponds to each of the occupations they have engaged in while accumulating their foreign work experience; and
(b) must have performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, as well as a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties, as set out in the National Occupational Classification.
Full-time work

(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(b), full-time work consists of at least 30 hours of work per week.
XX01:

Once the Part time work experience meets the equivalent number of hours for full time work, it would be considered.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:34pm On Jun 27, 2017
ysmd:

You can only hold off on ITA for 3months so if the plan is to wait till October then you should accept an ITA towards the end of July. However your money will be 6months in September though so July is OK. You don't need to prove source of funds if the money has been there for 6months

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2017
Rudy007:
Pls my ielts result still baffles me. 6.5,6.5,6,6.5 LRWS. is it advisable to go for remark? Could there be any chance of increase in any category after remark?.
Thanks

Yes you may get increased score in any or all of the 4 parts. It's takes about 10 weeks if am not mistaken. If any part is upgraded you will be refunded your 15k

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:40pm On Jun 27, 2017
Boss13:

For listening and reading - No. for writing and speaking - possible.

Hence waste no time for a remark and rewrite the test

All four parts can be remarked.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 9:43pm On Jun 27, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Correct!!! @onlineise how "makaet"?

BREAKING NEWS!!!! grin grin grin grin[

Just passed Medicals...I have been on the road all break...just logged in now.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eddycross(m): 9:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
XX01:

eboziem:

What you quoted above from the CIC website refers to Canadian Work Experience

From the FAQs, CIC may not be limiting this requirement to Canadian Experience Class.

See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=393&top=29

Excerpt below:

Can I count part-time work toward the work experience requirement?

You can count part-time work toward the work experience requirement, as long as you were not a full-time student at the time.

However, you must have gained the equivalent amount of experience as someone who worked full-time for at least one year (1560 hours)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 27, 2017
ayxmania:

With which degree?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DatechMan(m): 9:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
I think I have entered once chance.

I asked a friend of mine to help pay for the WES fee online. I asked him to do it for me because I was aware he had applied to several schools in canny without issues. He did tell me that he has someone in US that helps him to do it.

After paying him #70,000 to pay WES fee of CAD 234 (Higher than parallel market rate) . This is what I got this evening.

Guys what do you advise.

27-Jun-2017

Hushpuppi Jamal
Reference #: 3297991

Name: Hushpuppi Jamal

Dada Estate

Osogbo, OSUN

NIGERIA

PAYMENT REQUEST

Your file has been placed on hold until we receive payment in full.

On June 14, 2017 you applied on-line to request a credential evaluation report. You also made a payment through our on-line secure credit card payment method. However, the credit card holder disputed the charge indicating that the charge was not authorized and it was a fraud. As such you owe World Education Services $250.86 this includes a credit card chargeback fee of $15.00.

We expect payment immediately by Check or Money Order ONLY and mailed to World Education Services (see the address at the top of this letter). If we do not hear from you within the next two weeks we will inform all legal authorities, and the (recipient).

Please respond to this email immediately.

Total Amount Due by Check or Money Order: $250.86

Sincerely,

Accounting Department
World Education Services, Inc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2017
DatechMan:

I asked a friend of mine to help pay for the WES fee online. I asked him to do it for me because I was aware he had applied to several schools in canny without issues. He did tell me that he has someone in US that helps him to do it.

After paying him #70,000 to pay WES fee of CAD 234 (Higher than parallel market rate) . This is what I got this evening.

Guys what do you advise.

Shake my head. You have engaged the services of people who partake in wire fraud. You can be reported to authorities. Please people should devoid engaging third parties in this process because they really don't care other than making personal gains

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2017
DatechMan:

Guys what do you advise.

I suggest you pay to avoid further issues
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 10:06pm On Jun 27, 2017
DatechMan:

Guys what do you advise.

Ah! You've really entered one chance o! He probably used a stolen credit card to do it. Shey you'd have asked Elfman to help you or a more trusted and reliable person. Please call your friend and tell him of the situation and get your money back. Please be calm and don't threaten him so it doesn't become another matter.
Fraud is a big deal in these countries and you don't want your name blacklisted.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
Onlineise:

BREAKING NEWS!!!! grin grin grin grin[

Just passed Medicals...I have been on the road all break...just logged in now.

Congratulations! I'm still waiting. Wish me luck wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
DatechMan:

Guys what do you advise.

Brother just jejely pay the money and see if u can get ur 70k back from ur "friend" afterwards, flee from him. He may be innocent but who knows undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gentleluv: 10:30pm On Jun 27, 2017
[quote author=DatechMan post=57901195]I think I have entered once chance.

Guys what do you advise.

Sorry bro... But I think people should be encouraged to open a dom account and carry out transactions personally.. You can get $200 in black market with ur 70k Plus and sufficient to carry out dis transaction with change left in ur account dan dis uncalled issues.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 10:41pm On Jun 27, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Congratulations! I'm still waiting. Wish me luck wink

I am with you all the way @MummyJaygirls

*fingers crossed*
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:07pm On Jun 27, 2017
1. Get a new certificate to be on the safe side if it's 3 months after you got it. Did same cos I had to reject ITA the first time.
2. What you have should still be valid for use.
3. No need for new reference letter. You can go ahead with what you have.

All the best!

deeore:
Please i would like to ask some questions,as am sure many frequent readers are aware of my predicament... @40manlappy @vcole @Boss13 @dupsychoo @boldinc and the rest of the amazing gurus.. My question goes thus..
1) am i to get a new police certificate as its only valid for 2 or 3months.
2) should i apply for a new reference letter from my bank or the one i used previously is still valid and do i need to submit another statement
3) should i apply for a new work reference for hubby and i,or the ones i used is still valid.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DatechMan(m): 11:09pm On Jun 27, 2017
Thank you guys for showing your concerns and for the words of advice.

However, as the payment options have been limited to either cheque or money order, how do I cross this hurdle?

I am about to reply to the mail, explaining my side of the story but I need to work on the payment deadline.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
DatechMan:
Thank you guys for showing your concerns and for the words of advice.

However, as the payment options have been limited to either cheque or money order, how do I cross this hurdle?

I am about to reply to the mail, explaining my side of the story but I need to work on the payment deadline.

I think you should send them an email stating that it was a grave mistake and you'd like to pay by card in your name. Tomorrow go to GTB and open a Dom account and sort them out. If they don't accept card in your name, ask if you can wire the money to them (cost more because of charges). But let's hope they accept a card in your name.

Good luck

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rudy007: 11:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
optionese:

All four parts can be remarked.

Thanks for the reply. I read somewhere on this thread that there's hardly an increase in the reading and listening section after remarking. How true is this?? Please I need to know cos am seruizly thinking maybe I should go for a remark or better still to rewrite the exam and hope for a better score
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Temaad: 11:45pm On Jun 27, 2017
Hi everyone! I've tried reading this thread from page 1 ( I skipped some pages tho) I've gained quite a lot. My credential is being evaluated atm and I'm preparing for my ielts. I'm interested in BC pnp (I'm in the medical line). My question is concerning pof. I need the gurus in the house to please advise me. I just want to start saving extensively(I've been reckless with spending in the past) I have an acct with diamond bank I hardly use ( i save peanuts in this acct ) then my salary acct wit UBA which I've been withdrawing from anyhow in the past. Which acct do you advise me to use for the pof. Plus I lent out some money that will be paid into my acct (500k and above) how do I explain this sum of money ? Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lilyandie: 12:09am On Jun 28, 2017
dmomoduza:
There's no cause for alarm bro.

My university sent my credentials using the same untracked Royal mail service. You may want to use my timeline to extrapolate yours

I faxed my documents to IQAS on the 7th of May.
Sent a request for my transcripts to be sent to IQAS, this was done on the 10th of May by the UK Uni
I got an email from IQAS confirming receipt of my application (without the transcripts) on the 23rd of May

My ECA was concluded on the 14th of June as stated in the letter but I only received the email on the 22nd of June

Thank you so much.

(1) (2) (3) ... (577) (578) (579) (580) (581) (582) (583) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.