Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2607309 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2017
Since you were in the country when you got the PCC, its valid for 6 months before you apply

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Wura27:
Good morning,

Happy Sunday peeps!

Please there's something that has been bothering me and I'd really appreciate clarification on the matter

I was in UK on vacation in May when I requested n got my PC. The PC was for d 1 year I stayed during my masters few years before.

Please is this going to be a problem because the PC was issued before my departure from the country (although this was just a 3 week vacation n not 6 months stay)

Hope I'm making sense... Pls I'd appreciate as much information on this as possible abeg I'm having sleepless night on the matter.

My update- AOR May 27 Meds passed- July 1

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 02, 2017
You do not have to send the physical copy of your evaluation back to Nigeria. As you rightly said, the soft copy suffices.

Just wait to pick it up from Canada when you move. You can put that money for your flight cost to Canada. (Hope)

I do not know about IQAS. Sorry.

All the best and a belated Happy Canada Day to All the Hopefuls!!!

grammy010:
Good day fams,

Please must someone send their ECA (with IQAS) to Nigeria even if the person has someone that can collect it and keep for her in Canada bearing in mind that the soft copy is good to go for the PR application? we are just trying to cut cost, I hope this wont cause any issue?

Also, please who knows if IQAS evaluate result for medical courses (Dentistry to be precise) ?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by crazyinlove: 11:52am On Jul 02, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sweetrie(f): 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Good afternoon house, please I have a question. When doing medical test you have to inform them of a preexisting health condition, do you think having the genotype SS would make me medically inadmissible? Please I need to know before I commit to this. Thank you. @mummyjaygirls, 40manlappy and others
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
You should be fine, all you need to do is to explain how you are managing your condition, in case you receive a procedural fairness letter from CIC, whereby you would need statements from your personal physician on how your condition is controlled (cost of treatments mostly) and the prognosis. This is to prove that you will not have excessive demand on Canada's health services, which has been set at $6,655 per year/person. And also let the physician know when you go for your medicals, go through this, someone with genotype SS passed medicals.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sickle-cell-anemia-medical-inadmissibility.278850/

sweetrie:
Good afternoon house, please I have a question. When doing medical test you have to inform them of a preexisting health condition, do you think having the genotype SS would make me medically inadmissible? Please I need to know before I commit to this. Thank you. @mummyjaygirls, 40manlappy and others
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sweetrie(f): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
Dammiehar:
You should be fine, all you need to do is to explain how you are managing your condition, in case you receive a procedural fairness letter from CIC, whereby you would need statements from your personal physician on how your condition is controlled (cost of treatments mostly) and the prognosis. This is to prove that you will not have excessive demand on Canada's health services, which has been set at $6,655 per year/person. And also let the physician know when you go for your medicals, go through this, someone with genotype SS passed medicals.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sickle-cell-anemia-medical-inadmissibility.278850/

Thank you very much. I will continue then and pray for the best. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 1:49pm On Jul 02, 2017
sweetrie:

The test doesn't involve screening genotype. Don't open your mouth to complicate issues. When they ask, you say I can't really remember. It's being a while I checked. Do your test and leave.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ehix89(m): 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
perks:

You don't need ur employment letter if you can get a reference letter from your employer in the CIC required format. As for bank statements, if u can get d reference letter from your bank in CIC format then it's not mandatory to attach statements. But otherwise, then u need to attach statements.
Thanks, I grasp the whole info in detail now

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sweetrie(f): 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
Boss13:

The test doesn't involve screening genotype. Don't open your mouth to complicate issues. When they ask, you say I can't really remember. It's being a while I checked. Do your test and leave.
Okay. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yettyopy(f): 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hello guys. Please am new on this thread. I have 2 questions.
1. Can I use a Nigerian police certificate that I got while still in Nigeria to apply for or?
2. As a dependant, must my hubby upload my wes even though we didnt get points for it?
Thanks .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 3:43pm On Jul 02, 2017
WES CANADA!!!
Could anyone tell me how best to get wes to respond to my mails? I have sent emails, tweets, DM them on Twitter, called them (they didn't even pick up, but left me holding on till I exhausted 500n card) and no response. They've become so incommunicado.!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fonseca1929: 3:53pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hi everyone, please can someone tell me how best to send my certificates to WES.i have got degree in Nigeria and recently Msc in uk.Both transcripts will be ready in not more than a month.Also,I got 6.5,8,6.5 and 7.5 in lets.I really need material or advice on listening and reading.Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 3:55pm On Jul 02, 2017
I'm in Ghana too.I got my PCC immediately I got my ITA and uploaded it in my eAPR. It is a requirement from the onset as there is a section for upload in your CIC account. Don't risk an outright rejection by excluding it. It takes about only two weeks to get it from Police HQ but if you tell them you need it fast track they will ask you to "buy them lunch" and it will be ready for pickup in 3 days max!! wink

Jesuba:
Do you obtain the PCC before receiving an ITA or you just obtain it which hoping to be issued an ITA. Am in Ghana and it seems from the CIC website that one might not need PCC to apply upon invitation but only upon written request from CIC. I realised its clearly required for Nigeria. Can any one please clarify this or if they know some one who obtained PCC from Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by KayVutton: 4:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
I intend applying with my common law partner. We are both married traditionally but don't want to get married legally for personal reasons.
I need some clarification please.

Will our child's birth certificate be enough to prove we are common law partners? We don't live together hence can't provide rent in both our names.

We both applied for US visa for our honeymoon unfortunately we got rejected and the marriage didn't hold. Will this be a red flag?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by KayVutton: 4:17pm On Jul 02, 2017
fonseca1929:
Hi everyone, please can someone tell me how best to send my certificates to WES.i have got degree in Nigeria and recently Msc in uk.Both transcripts will be ready in not more than a month.Also,I got 6.5,8,6.5 and 7.5 in lets.I really need material or advice on listening and reading.Thank you in advance

For listening YouTube is all you need. Practice at least 20 test samples and aim above 36.

For reading, google ielts reading sample questions. Ieltsbuddy,ieltsliz etc they are so many just google it.

The trick in reading is time management and use of keywords to search for answers.

Please use Capital letters to answer both test.

Success!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 4:52pm On Jul 02, 2017
yettyopy:
Hello guys. Please am new on this thread. I have 2 questions.
1. Can I use a Nigerian police certificate that I got while still in Nigeria to apply for or?
2. As a dependant, must my hubby upload my wes even though we didnt get points for it?
Thanks .

Did you do WES? If yes submit it, if no just upload your degree certificates.

*modified* when did you get this certificate? If it's over 3 months please do another one and I believe you don't have to physically be in Nigeria to do that. @yettyopy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yettyopy(f): 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2017
bbaby84:

Did you do WES? If yes submit it, if no just upload your degree certificates.

Yea I did but WES isn't ready yet. School issues. And about the police certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 5:09pm On Jul 02, 2017
Babachi:

Cc jassymama
+1 (613) 944-4000 CIC Call center
Called this number on Friday and they kept me on for minutes without end. Part of what the voice prompts also said was that the Customer care agents would not be able to answer post ECA enquiries. That's where my questions are based actually. My ECA has been concluded after 3months with few errors due to my institution's lackadaisical aptitude to works (they mis spelt my name on my academic transcript and WES included a not on my ECA referring to it) All I wanted to ask WES was that, if a new transcript is sent with my name spelt correctly, will be sufficient for them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 5:20pm On Jul 02, 2017
olajide21:

Called this number on Friday and they kept me on for minutes without end. Part of what the voice prompts also said was that the Customer care agents would not be able to answer post ECA enquiries. That's where my questions are based actually. My ECA has been concluded after 3months with few errors due to my institution's lackadaisical aptitude to works (they mis spelt my name on my academic transcript and WES included a not on my ECA referring to it) All I wanted to ask WES was that, if a new transcript is sent with my name spelt correctly, will be sufficient for them.

The number you quoted is for CIC not WES. Obviously CIC won't be able to answer ECA questions, you would have to call WES directly for that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 6:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hello house....
I am back with more questions.
I ve made progress with the portharcourt intl passport palava....hoping to get it by tomoro( i had to pay for an upgrade..... embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed)

So i actually made a change of name in the new passport. The initial passport i used for this application was in my maiden name.....the new one is in my marriage name.
Alongside the new passport, I intend to upload an affidavit of change of name and prolly a LOE...
Pls is there any other things to upload to avoid any further queries? people who did maiden/marriage name passport waka abeg how una take do am
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Prepare your request/enquiry in a simple and direct paragraph, make sure you include your referemce number, and send them a message on facebook during their working hour. Just make sure your query is valid& so direct that the responder doesn't need further clarification and put you back on a queue while waiting for your response.

It worked for me at first attempt, hope it works for you too.

olajide21:
WES CANADA!!!
Could anyone tell me how best to get wes to respond to my mails? I have sent emails, tweets, DM them on Twitter, called them (they didn't even pick up, but left me holding on till I exhausted 500n card) and no response. They've become so incommunicado.!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrOba: 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
I have read somewhere on this thread that the soft copy will suffice. That's what I intend to do as well. Send the hard copy to a relative in Canada to save cost.

grammy010:
Good day fams,

Please must someone send their ECA (with IQAS) to Nigeria even if the person has someone that can collect it and keep for her in Canada bearing in mind that the soft copy is good to go for the PR application? we are just trying to cut cost, I hope this wont cause any issue?

Also, please who knows if IQAS evaluate result for medical courses (Dentistry to be precise) ?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2017
ugoiyke79e:
Hello house....
I ve made progress with the portharcourt intl passport palava....hoping to get it by tomoro( i had to pay for an upgrade..... embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed)

So i actually made a change of name in the new passport. The initial passport i used for this application was in my maiden name.....the new one is in my marriage name.
Alongside the new passport, I intend to upload an affidavit of change of name and prolly a LOE...
Pls is there any other things to upload to avoid any further queries? people who did maiden/marriage name passport waka abeg how una take do am

What abt newspaper publication of change of name? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrOba: 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
Hi, I think an affidavit, marriage certificate and newspaper publication announcing your change of name are enough documents to upload. I don't think there is need for a LOE.

ugoiyke79e:
Hello house....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2017
ugoiyke79e:
Hello house....

I'm just curious as to why you changed your name in the middle of the application? Please let us know how this pans out.
All the best!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2017
I seriously doubt child birth certificate will be enough as it is not part of CIC's list, though they claim they MAY accept other proves aside listed ones.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?

What do you mean the "marriage didn't hold" though...
KayVutton:
I intend applying with my common law partner. We are both married traditionally but don't want to get married legally for personal reasons.
I need some clarification please.

Will our child's birth certificate be enough to prove we are common law partners? We don't live together hence can't provide rent in both our names.

We both applied for US visa for our honeymoon unfortunately we got rejected and the marriage didn't hold. Will this be a red flag?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:04pm On Jul 02, 2017
ugoiyke79e:
Hello house....

Me I included affidavit, newspaper publication

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2017
jobmman:
Our PR application was also canceled due to incomplete document. We didn't upload our degree statement of result or certificate. It's really sad.
Profile is FSW inland
AOR April 29th
App canceled June 26th.

It is well

Oh no! So sad, please re enter pool asap
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 7:24pm On Jul 02, 2017
Abby2017:
Prepare your request/enquiry in a simple and direct paragraph, make sure you include your referemce number, and send them a message on facebook during their working hour. Just make sure your query is valid& so direct that the responder doesn't need further clarification and put you back on a queue while waiting for your response.

Never, used Facebook to communicate to them yet.
Do I need to send as chat (DM) or post on their wall?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2017
Abby2017:

Never, used Facebook to communicate to them yet.
Do I need to send as chat (DM) or post on their wall?

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fonseca1929: 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2017
KayVutton:

For listening YouTube is all you need. Practice at least 20 test samples and aim above 36.

For reading, google ielts reading sample questions. Ieltsbuddy,ieltsliz etc they are so many just google it.

The trick in reading is time management and use of keywords to search for answers.

Please use Capital letters to answer both test.

Success!!
Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joyuzo(f): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2017
Beckyhopeful:
You can use two bank statements bearing the same address e.g GTBank and First Bank.
Do u mean I can use my two bank statements for my UK Pcc Proof of Address.An earlier post said it isn't accepted?

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.