Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,156 members, 7,811,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599902 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 3:02pm On Feb 14, 2016
zandora:

Zandora,

Thanks for sharing.

The information you have posted here is invaluable.

Keep up the good work.

Happy VALS day to U.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
lavivaavril:
Hello guys, happy valentine! I just got info that accessing a BSc degree along with an MSc degree gives one more points under adaptability when getting into the pool. I thought I wouldn't need WES to access my BSc if I have an MSc but I'm just hearing that although an MSc gives you the maximum points under education, accessing both BSc and MSc gives you maximum points under adaptability. Please my people, help me validate this and correct me if I'm wrong.

It's incorrect. You need to assess only your highest qualification which is your MSc. You cannot get any additional point for assessing both your BSc and MSc if your MSc is assessed as the equivalent of a Canadian MSc. Also, just for future reference it's 'assessing' not 'accessing'.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 3:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
[quote author=chimaXYZ post=42916125][/quote]

Thanks. Same to you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bcolah(f): 4:23pm On Feb 14, 2016
reephat:
Congrats on your nomination. So happy to hear this as Ontario is on my mind, I have a sister and brother there. They also say Toronto is a hot spot for my job so I am assuming I have a good chance.

With all these said, I would want to know what docs u submitted and if the statement of accout is needed during application for Ontario Nomination. Please your response means a lot to my EE dream

All the best with your application. Yes you need to submit your statement of account for proof of funds. Since you have relatives there, what I did was to get a letter from my spouse's uncle, his biodata page and birth certificates showing evidence of common parentage.

Done @zandora. Replied your mail.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 5:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
JesusDWay:

What question?

iphie25:

thanks it means then that i just need to score really high in IELTS to give me a score of over 450.

@ Zandora and JesusDway pls eh on the cic-crs website there's a provision for if you "have a master's degree or an entry certificate that allows you practice/entry into a profession like law, chiropractic etc" Now doesnt it mean my lawschool results will count? or hv you had any experience here to the contrary? coz that option gives you 135 marks for education o.

This one. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 8:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
zandora:

It's incorrect. You need to assess only your highest qualification which is your MSc. You cannot get any additional point for assessing both your BSc and MSc if your MSc is assessed as the equivalent of a Canadian MSc. Also, just for future reference it's 'assessing' not 'accessing'.

Thank you so much my sister, God bless you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 9:17pm On Feb 14, 2016
iphie25:

This one. Thanks.

No the law school doesn't count because with your law school certificate you can only practice law in Nigeria. Now if you had the law school certificate obtained in Canada then it would count because it means you can then practice that profession in Canada. Other examples include writing their pharmacy qualifying exams and obtaining their pharmacy provincial license to be able to practice pharmacy in Canada, obtaining their engineering license to become an engineer in Canada, Canadian medical license to practice medicine in Canada etc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2016
zandora:

No the law school doesn't count because with your law school certificate you can only practice law in Nigeria. Now if you had the law school certificate obtained in Canada then it would count because it means you can then practice that profession in Canada. Other examples include writing their pharmacy qualifying exams and obtaining their pharmacy provincial license to be able to practice pharmacy in Canada, obtaining their engineering license to become an engineer in Canada, Canadian medical license to practice medicine in Canada etc.
Thanks Zandora. BTW my transcripts will be sent tomorrow. Atleast I can concentrate on IELLTS after tomorrow. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 9:27am On Feb 15, 2016
Dhejy:
@hartson, please ill need the material as well. Wrote you earlier already ojutikudeji@yahoo.com

sorry I travelled.came bck yesterday please give me till tomorrow you will have it.cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 10:07am On Feb 15, 2016
[quote author=Blackkie post=42880577]I would like to have the documents also.
Kindly forward to - phortizoltd@yahoo.com

sorry I wasn't around since last thursday.that is why you didn't hear from me.do you still need it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
Second ielts result is out.L7.5R7.5W7.5S5.5. I tire for british council oo. In my first ielts my speaking was 6.5,don't know if i can combine both. Evaluation from wes for me and my wife are ready. Her own scores are okay L9R7.5W7S7. Just that she doesn't have work experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:33pm On Feb 15, 2016
Unfortunately, you can't combine 2 scores.

You won't be able to use this new IELTS result cos you need at least 6.0 in each of the sections.

I think you should attempt IELTS again or try to get a provincial nomination.

Doggys:
Second ielts result is out.L7.5R7.5W7.5S5.5. I tire for british council oo. In my first ielts my speaking was 6.5,don't know if i can combine both. Evaluation from wes for me and my wife are ready. Her own scores are okay L9R7.5W7S7. Just that she doesn't have work experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 2:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
House, i will like to know if in the process of getting my institution to forward my transcript to WES for evaluation, it is acceptable if i can let my school include the copy of my certificate with the parcel bearing the transcript.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 3:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
Doggys:

My brother, it is quite unfortunate you have to re-write the Ielts exam. The reduction in your speaking test could be as a result of a more abstract topic in part 2 & 3 than the first sitting. I urge you not to feel distraughted, most ppl get it right the 3rd time. However, tell your wife to put you through the listening and speaking. God help you if she has been complaining you dont listen well to her..Lol. Reduce your vernacular to each other and encourage better grammar.
Lastly, i encourage you to go to edx.com-Uni of queensland ielts class(speaking), it will be a huge boost to your speaking techniques, for example, how to respond using reasons and examples. Your only regret will be that you did not discover it prior to taking the exam.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:11pm On Feb 15, 2016
chinchum:
House, i will like to know if in the process of getting my institution to forward my transcript to WES for evaluation, it is acceptable if i can let my school include the copy of my certificate with the parcel bearing the transcript.

Yes, you can. That's what i did and it was accepted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 5:14pm On Feb 15, 2016
JesusDWay:

Yes, you can. That's what i did and it was accepted
Thanks, response appreciated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:15pm On Feb 15, 2016
Do we have Midwives/Nurses in the house who have evaluated their qualifications with WES? I wanna know what the likely outcome of evaluating a qualification you guys call 'double qualified Nurse/Midwife' will be if evaluated by WES. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by landofuandme: 11:25pm On Feb 15, 2016
zandora:
To those of you wanting to post the copy of your degree certificate to WES, you could scan it and email it to me so I can post it for you as it'll be faster and way cheaper - that is if you want though (I'll do it for free obviously and send u a copy of the receipt). I'm doing this to show my appreciation to those who told me to be patient in my job search and not give up because I've now landed a nice bank job grin

Hello Zandora. Trust you are fine? I have sent about two PM; wanting to seek information on how you can help with WES evaluation as noted in your above quote.
I will appreciate if you can mail me on landofuandme@yahoo.co.uk
Many Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akanni(m): 2:10am On Feb 16, 2016
Congrats Zandora and you have proved indeed that trusting God and not giving up is key.
May this job be the least paying job ever for you in Canada o,lol.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 5:13am On Feb 16, 2016
landofuandme:

Hello Zandora. Trust you are fine? I have sent about two PM; wanting to seek information on how you can help with WES evaluation as noted in your above quote.
I will appreciate if you can mail me on landofuandme@yahoo.co.uk
Many Thanks.

I received your email and replied. Check your spam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 5:14am On Feb 16, 2016
akanni:
Congrats Zandora and you have proved indeed that trusting God and not giving up is key.
May this job be the least paying job ever for you in Canada o,lol.

Amen oh! Lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 6:04am On Feb 16, 2016
Thank you very much for the encouragement. I have checked and registered with the edx.com,spent time all night on the site,and you were right! I also registered for ielts again,now for march 5th, thats in two to three weeks time. Thanks again for the encouragement.
Garykasparov:

My brother, it is quite unfortunate you have to re-write the Ielts exam. The reduction in your speaking test could be as a result of a more abstract topic in part 2 & 3 than the first sitting. I urge you not to feel distraughted, most ppl get it right the 3rd time. However, tell your wife to put you through the listening and speaking. God help you if she has been complaining you dont listen well to her..Lol. Reduce your vernacular to each other and encourage better grammar.
Lastly, i encourage you to go to edx.com-Uni of queensland ielts class(speaking), it will be a huge boost to your speaking techniques, for example, how to respond using reasons and examples. Your only regret will be that you did not discover it prior to taking the exam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 16, 2016
Thanks man..
hartson:

sorry I travelled.came bck yesterday please give me till tomorrow you will have it.cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by reephat(f): 11:38am On Feb 16, 2016
Thanx a lot for the response. You are very much appreciated

uthor=Bcolah post=42918151]

All the best with your application. Yes you need to submit your statement of account for proof of funds. Since you have relatives there, what I did was to get a letter from my spouse's uncle, his biodata page and birth certificates showing evidence of common parentage.

Done @zandora. Replied your mail.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 2:11pm On Feb 16, 2016
Doggys:
Thank you very much for the encouragement. I have checked and registered with the edx.com,spent time all night on the site,and you were right! I also registered for ielts again,now for march 5th, thats in two to three weeks time. Thanks again for the encouragement.

Ok, good to hear. but i think you should give yourself more time to study and practice for the exam. IMO, March seems too close, except you are not working and willing to crash study. The exam is easy to pass, but challenging to get the desired max score, in all.

All in all, I advise you revisit your listening practise more and avoid being complacent on the ones you once passed. Go to Ieltsbuddy.com/listening, it is very helpful, there are some hidden links as well. For example, distractors, mapping, multichoice questions and signpost languages. you will find these when you inquire into every link in the listening section.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 3:58pm On Feb 16, 2016
Doggys:

Hello house,in this case,If he use his spouse as the principal applicant since she has a better score won't it work? or must the principal applicant and the spouse( he or she) have band 6 in all the modules.I think the minimum requirement should be that the principal applicant should have a min of 6 in all bands then the spouse a min of 5.5 in all bands.I stand to be corrected tho.this is what somebody told me an immigration agent in canada told him.could it be true?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jarkbauer: 1:19am On Feb 17, 2016
I have a problem. I want submit my application for express entry, however The date of birth on my University Transcript is different from my real date of birth on my birth certificate and my international passport. I wasn't not aware of this till i was given a copy at the transcript office of the university. The disparity was caused by mistake on my admission documents which were filled by my guardian. All efforts to change this was refused by the School authorities even after showing my original birth documents.

Please i need to know the implications of this and advise on what to do.

zandora

zandora:

Go ahead with your WES evaluation and if after assessing your credentials your ECA has the same dob as your transcript, send an email to WES to rectify this and include your birth certificate. I know someone who was in your shoes and WES updated the ECA for him. You do not need the transcript for the FSW application itself.

Zandora.I wrote to WES, they told me they can not rectify it with birth certificate. That they only deal with records from school.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackkie: 1:21am On Feb 17, 2016
Can I do IELTS alone?
As a married person, can I leave my wife out of the whole thing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 1:51am On Feb 17, 2016
Blackkie:
Can I do IELTS alone?
As a married person, can I leave my wife out of the whole thing?

Yes you can only if you don't mind scoring low, you intend to achieve the highest possible score in each band and have a post graduate degree or you intend to go through the PNP route.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jarkbauer: 1:57am On Feb 17, 2016
Zandora please my post above
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 4:33am On Feb 17, 2016
jarkbauer:
Zandora please my post above

I don't know which other option you've got left since your school won't amend it. Try submitting it like that, CIC might overlook it. Is the discrepancy a lot though? For example is it the same day and month but a different year?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TheArchangel(f): 9:07am On Feb 17, 2016
zandora:

I don't know which other option you've got left since your school won't amend it. Try submitting it like that, CIC might overlook it. Is the discrepancy a lot though? For example is it the same day and month but a different year?
Good morning landlord, please how about Nigerian trained registered nurses and midwife? What's the steps to take?
Thank you, waiting for your response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.