Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599726 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:30pm On Feb 19, 2016
Zandora posted a detailed explanation on the first page of this thread on how to determine eligibility for FSW. Try to check the instructions to get an answer to your question.
qstomiwa:
Hey folks, i have a BTech degree in Quantity Surveying and currently doing my masters in Construction Project management in Heriot Watt University, with a year and some months experience in construction industry (NYSC). i want to cross to Canada to get a graduate or entry level job, what is the best route to take, am i qualified for the federal skilled Worker entry express stuff or any other suitable route? i will appreciate all your reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2016
Please has anyone from Lautech successfully carried out ECA from WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cuteannie02: 1:31pm On Feb 19, 2016
walexlo78:
Hi house, sometime in dec i posted this "My score is LRWS 8.5,8,6.5,8. Can i get max CRS point for language with this? Thanks".

My reason for coming back now is to share with the house that asking for a remark when one has a strong conviction is not a bad idea. I challenged my writing score and few days ago i got it reviewed to 7 so now got a crs of 422 though still low for ITA but can go other means. I read almost no positive info about remark online but refused to be discouraged. Wish everyone
goodluck.

Am happy for you, I had a similar score in January LRWS :9,9,6.5,7.5 I tried to apply for a remark, only for me to be told I cant cos they already remarked it, without my knowledge. Hmm, without more options, I had to register for another exam, praying that I score higher this time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flgd: 1:33pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hello Zandora & other able members,

PLease i would like to know what my probable CRS will be with the following

Principal applicants
B.Sc Physics (veirified by WES)
IELTS L 8; R 7.5; W 6.0; S 7.5
8 years banking experience

Wife
B.sc English (verified by WES)
IELTS L 6.0; R 6.5; W 6.5; S 7.0
6 years experince as an Editor / administrator.

Many Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:38pm On Feb 19, 2016
Your age is required to calculate CRS. Also, is your work experience under NOC 0, A or B?
With the assumption that your age is less than 29 and you and your wife do not have any Canadian Work experience, your CRS will be 378. Your writing score is the main culprit. A writing score of 7.0 would have taken your score to 428.

Nevertheless, you can calculate it yourself via this link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

flgd:
Hello Zandora & other able members,

PLease i would like to know what my probable CRS will be with the following

Principal applicants
B.Sc Physics (veirified by WES)
IELTS L 8; R 7.5; W 6.0; S 7.5
8 years banking experience

Wife
B.sc English (verified by WES)
IELTS L 6.0; R 6.5; W 6.5; S 7.0
6 years experince as an Editor / administrator.

Many Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flgd: 2:16pm On Feb 19, 2016
age is 29; noc 0122
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2016
yinx007:
Zandora Congrats on your new Job.. now you're fully settled. i knew you had it in you even though you were a bit worried. The sky is your stepping board. Go on and excel

Thanks a lot!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akeenade: 2:57pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hello to all the experts and guru's out there. I am new to this immigration thing and want to find out if for someone like me it is worth it. I desire a better life even though my salary is about 300k monthly. Although my wife does not work presently she has about 5 years experience under her belt. I am 33yrs old and she is 28, we have 2 kids. we both have social management degrees and a couple of professional certification. Please would considering going to canada a better option for us?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akyinka: 6:56pm On Feb 19, 2016
akyinka:
Hello house, i hv been going thru this thread for few days now, kudos to u guys for d wonderful job.
My issue is i dont seem to qualify for EE based on d evaluation frm d immegration site. Pls what can be done? I also came across another programm (Quebec skilled worker). Can someone pls enlighten me more. I am a jjc in this business. Thanks

Cc: Zandora
Cc: JesusDway

House pls dont ignor my request I need guidance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 8:10pm On Feb 19, 2016
akyinka:

House pls dont ignor my request I need guidance.

Kindly let us know what you have: your educational qualification, age, work experience etc. We can then pick it from there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 9:25pm On Feb 19, 2016
Whao, this is saddening with all the money involved and these high marks going to the drain. Well, wish you all round success this time around.

cuteannie02:

Am happy for you, I had a similar score in January LRWS :9,9,6.5,7.5 I tried to apply for a remark, only for me to be told I cant cos they already remarked it, without my knowledge. Hmm, without more options, I had to register for another exam, praying that I score higher this time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tola73(m): 10:08pm On Feb 19, 2016
Quite a number of PPR reported on the Canada visa forum today. I think AVO is back.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 10:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hey guys, I'm back with more questions oo. Please help out.

1) with the recent up shoot of the naira against the dollar, I am thinking of providing my proof of funds in USD when the time comes (please is it possible /acceptable?)

2) can I get a reference from my place of work now before I get ITA? Does the date on the letter matter? Does it get stale after 6months or something?

3) can I be a secondary applicant with an NOC code C?

4)i read on IELTS site that someone applying to CIC could request for another original copy of their TRF because it should be required. My question is- when are we required to send the original TRF to CIC?

Thanks my lovely Canadian colleagues for your answers grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:52pm On Feb 19, 2016
akeenade:
Hello to all the experts and guru's out there. I am new to this immigration thing and want to find out if for someone like me it is worth it. I desire a better life even though my salary is about 300k monthly. Although my wife does not work presently she has about 5 years experience under her belt. I am 33yrs old and she is 28, we have 2 kids. we both have social management degrees and a couple of professional certification. Please would considering going to canada a better option for us?

If it's better life you want, you can consider it but, better life over there does not translate to having more money which is what affords better life in Nigeria. If you consider that your children will go to school for free till they enter University, no worry about where your next meal will come from, possibly less hassles from family members asking for money grin and some other things, you might wanna switch. You will have to write IELTS and evaluate your qualifications with WES to determine it's Canadian equivalent before you can apply and, your wife should be better as the Principal Applicant cuz of age. Your professional certifications, if international in nature, will only be of benefit when you get there except for ACCA that may help you score more points for the immigration process

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:54pm On Feb 19, 2016
tola73:
Quite a number of PPR reported on the Canada visa forum today. I think AVO is back.

Actually, I think YOU are back grin . Been a while and good to know there's an FSW 2014 person here to attend to his set's enquiries.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:01am On Feb 20, 2016
lavivaavril:
Hey guys, I'm back with more questions oo. Please help out.

1) with the recent up shoot of the naira against the dollar, I am thinking of providing my proof of funds in USD when the time comes (please is it possible /acceptable?)

2) can I get a reference from my place of work now before I get ITA? Does the date on the letter matter? Does it get stale after 6months or something?

3) can I be a secondary applicant with an NOC code C?

4)i read on IELTS site that someone applying to CIC could request for another original copy of their TRF because it should be required. My question is- when are we required to send the original TRF to CIC?

Thanks my lovely Canadian colleagues for your answers grin

1.) Whatever currency your source of income is, try and leave your pof in that currency. Official rate is what CIC uses, not black market.

2.) If it won't take you time to obtain it, you can get it immediately after ITA but what if you see other opportunities like a PNP, you might need it at that point so, think about it

3.) Yes you can

4.) No extra copy of TRF is required by CIC o! You just upload a scanned copy of the one you already have with you when you want to submit your application after ITA.

Meanwhile, you've also been long on this forum and should be helping answer queries by this time. Kindly help start relieving the load wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 12:21am On Feb 20, 2016
JesusDWay:

1.) Whatever currency your source of income is, try and leave your pof in that currency. Official rate is what CIC uses, not black market.

2.) If it won't take you time to obtain it, you can get it immediately after ITA but what if you see other opportunities like a PNP, you might need it at that point so, think about it

3.) Yes you can

4.) No extra copy of TRF is required by CIC o! You just upload a scanned copy of the one you already have with you when you want to submit your application after ITA.

Meanwhile, you've also been long on this forum and should be helping answer queries by this time. Kindly help start relieving the load wink

Lol thanks Jesusdway. I actually just started the process myself because I was waiting to complete my MSc so I can evaluate that instead of BSc . Took ielts this week... thanks for your help

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:53am On Feb 20, 2016
Thanks and God bless Dupyshoo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akyinka: 1:42am On Feb 20, 2016
Etfash:

Kindly let us know what you have: your educational qualification, age, work experience etc. We can then pick it from there.

Thanks for your response. i'm 34 yrs old, BSc Accounting with 8yrs banking experience. i'm married with 2 kids.
My wife's age is 28, ND holder with teaching experience, she's currently running her degree program. Hope the info is sufficient. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 4watever: 8:39am On Feb 20, 2016
tola73:

tola73 how far with yours?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by link2jb: 2:33pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hello, pls when is the application period for ontario PNP and general express entry? Is it all year round or there is a particular period u can apply for it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
link2jb:
Hello, pls when is the application period for ontario PNP and general express entry? Is it all year round or there is a particular period u can apply for it. Thanks

Express Entry is all round the year. Ontario didn't put a date for theirs so, I suppose you can apply anytime you are ready
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:15pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hello house, I am new to this thread. Please assist to enlighten me on the following question:

I have a Bachelor of Agriculture and Master of Science in Agronomy...but no work experience in this field. I actually have 1.5 years working experience in a bank as a mobile money support officer... how do I know which category I fall under and do I stand any chance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by link2jb: 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2016
Thanks.... Pls does anyone have idea of how long ontario PNP process takes and Wat's is d guarantee cos it involves $1500 which is no joke?

JesusDWay:

Express Entry is all round the year. Ontario didn't put a date for theirs so, I suppose you can apply anytime you are ready
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Etfash(m): 6:11pm On Feb 20, 2016
akyinka:

Thanks for your response. i'm 34 yrs old, BSc Accounting with 8yrs banking experience. i'm married with 2 kids.
My wife's age is 28, ND holder with teaching experience, she's currently running her degree program. Hope the info is sufficient. Thanks

You should qualify for FSW, PNP in particular. You will do better under the Provincial Nomination scheme... Just go ahead and start the process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by noblealuu: 7:21pm On Feb 20, 2016
Hi Canada landers and other aspirants!

I need clarification on this; what is the possibility of a landed immigrant in Canada who came back home to consumate his/her marriage statutorily taking back his lawfully married spouse to Canada? How can this be done pls.

For example, assuming Zandora decides to come back to Nigeria to marry me, what are the standing rules required of Zandora/JesusDway to embark on this conjugal venture?
cool

cool

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bass7: 7:24pm On Feb 20, 2016
Good evening everyone,

please I need help since I am new in this thread and interested in this Canadian visa stuff.

I have an OND & HND in secretarial studies, post graduate diploma in business administration and Masters in Public Administration, 8 years working experience in a bank though I was asked to leave in 2014.

what are my chances of applying for this Canadian visa and what are the processes?
Note: I have gone thru the thread but do not seem to really understand it.

Please someone should kindly put me through. God bless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:54pm On Feb 20, 2016
link2jb:
Thanks.... Pls does anyone have idea of how long ontario PNP process takes and Wat's is d guarantee cos it involves $1500 which is no joke?

There's no time frame given, I think your strong ties to Ontario or how you can convince the immigration folks there may determine if you will get it. Things like registering with the professional body in charge of your choice occupation over there, job applications you have made and demonstration of your experience in the line may convince them to nominate you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:59pm On Feb 20, 2016
noblealuu:

I need clarification on this; what is the possibility of a landed immigrant in Canada who came back home to consumate his/her marriage statutorily taking back his lawfully married spouse to Canada? How can this be done pls.

For example, assuming Zandora decides to come back to Nigeria to marry me, what are the standing rules required of Zandora/JesusDway to embark on this conjugal venture?
cool

cool

Lol.....Whoever is coming back to marry you will do her job to know what it requires to bring you in. I think it's called spousal visa and for each province it seems the duration and modality varies. Go to www.cic.gc.ca and find out about it but, since it's Zandora you are hoping to come back for you, you need not worry your head, she's proficient enough to know what to do which by then I think you would have woken up from your pipe dream grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2016
bass7:
Good evening everyone,

please I need help since I am new in this thread and interested in this Canadian visa stuff.

I have an OND & HND in secretarial studies, post graduate diploma in business administration and Masters in Public Administration, 8 years working experience in a bank though I was asked to leave in 2014.

what are my chances of applying for this Canadian visa and what are the processes?
Note: I have gone thru the thread but do not seem to really understand it.

Please someone should kindly put me through. God bless

Your chance of applying is the same for everyone who has been able to migrate there. You start with 2 things, writing IELTS and evaluating your qualifications(which I may suggest you bother only about your MPA), you can do this by having your credential sent to WES(world educational service, search for WES Canada and click on Credential Evaluation for CIC purpose, it will tell you the amount you will pay and how to register and the documents you are to send to them). It's imperative you score, infact aim at scoring all available marks in the IELTS General Training. Also, you need to find the equivalent of the profession you had work experience in, in Canada. Google NOC 2011, click on the link after you have seen it from the search result and then type a key word relating to your profession in the search facility of the website(it's the website that lists all occupations in Canada and you are just looking for the equivalent of your own). When you have both IELTS and ECA(Educational Credential Evaluation) and you have been able to find the equivalent of your occupation in Canada, you are then ready to apply. Below are the links you need for the initial steps:

IELTS - https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CountryExamSearch.aspx

WES(for credential evaluation) - http://www.wes.org/ca/eca/

Occupation - http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaintoy(f): 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2016
noblealuu:

cool

cool
Chaiii!! This is funny.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by noblealuu: 9:05pm On Feb 20, 2016
JesusDWay:

Lol.....Whoever is coming back to marry you will do her job to know what it requires to bring you in. I think it's called spousal visa and for each province it seems the duration and modality varies. Go to www.cic.gc.ca and find out about it but, since it's Zandora you are hoping to come back for you, you need not worry your head, she's proficient enough to know what to do which by then I think you would have woken up from your pipe dream grin

Lol Uncle JesusDway, the truth and the light... This matter wey you see so na long term plan o...I'm just strategizing hoping it'll materialize by God's grace.

On a serious note, the ONLY lady I have always loved would be due for NYSC mobilization/call-up November, 2016. My earnest dreamz and prayer is for her to bag her PhD just before 30 or @ most 30. We've been godly friends (because we two are genuinely saved/heaven-bound, by God's grace) for the past 5 yrs. She's super intelligent and I so wish she reach the peak of her career quite on time. She would be enrolling for her Master degree, immediately after Nysc.

To this end, I want to call a family confab when the chips are down to see to this;

(1) sponsor her and my twin brother's (who is currently in Nig. Law School with a GP of 4.0 plus in her last two years) for this express entry aluta to go meet aunty Zandora in Canada to get their PR status.

(2) These duo lovely sisters-in-Lord (because they both know JesusDway) would now come over to their home country (Nigeria) and have their dream marriages consumated, God willing.

(3) They would off course follow the laid down rules to sponsor us as spouses, as it then would be to Canada (while the duo pursue their PhD in Cd with lesser school fees, funding etc. So that I would just be Nairalanding from Toronto post work in our beautiful home.

Oh God, these and many more are my heart desires in Jesus name! Amen!!!!!!!

Good and great people of Nairaland, this is my justwise permutations. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.