Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (743) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600287 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 5:52pm On Aug 07, 2017
deeore:
I have a question on this matter... My sons nigerian passport has a typo with is name.. Instead of Abdul it has Abdbul... I raised loe explaining the typo... But my concern is if i send the naija passport.. Would the copr not carry the error? Cant the us passport be used?

I think you can send his US passport.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DereI(f): 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2017
Virt:
My dear, I am still waiting for Madonna to send the transcript after 2 weeks of application. Not funny at all.

I have a contact person in the school who I paid to help me process the transcript. I expect him to send me the tracking number once the school have couriered it. I just hate the wait plus the expected 20 business days wait with WES. God dey.

You can PM me for the contact of the person if you don't intend going to the school. By the way, which campus did you graduate from, because it is not processed centrally, its per campus.

I'm sorry to say the delay might not be from the school but from the person you sent money to for the processing. Same happened to me. Please note, ''i might be wrong'' but you need to find out directly from the Exam and Records office if your transcript has been requested...probably send someone else to make the enquiry for you.

In my case, the person simply ate the money and gave me several excuses accusing the school of the delay. I had to go there myself and found out no request was made.

Wish you the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
The information on this thread is priceless.
No agent can provide the kind of service on this page.
God bless all those actively involved.

Nigeria is a great country with bad leadership and bad decision makers.
I just got a call now and caller was telling me how important the National identity card and number is and that it can prevent you from leaving the shores of this country. Right now it is going to be one of the things you have to show before you are issued a Nigerian passport.
I just hope this information will help someone.
Heading to my local government to start the process of obtaining one. All weapon that will stand against my leaving this country i destroy by fire in Jesus name.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 6:16pm On Aug 07, 2017
Learning a lot from this forum. So does this mean newspaper publication alone is not enough? Please help as this is what I have put in the application though yet to submit. I need to hurry. It's one month already that we got ITA

closetextrovert:

Hi Calfy, you will need an affidavit of change of name and that alone will suffice. But for your own peace of mind you can include the newspaper publication and marriage certificate.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by closetextrovert: 6:17pm On Aug 07, 2017
I will like to get something off my chest! *clears throat* and it has to do with vibe of the chat group today!

Firstly, its about the tone in which a few people's questions have been answered today. Surely, there is a way we can answer people's questions without throwing around harsh words and making a mockery of the person asking the question. Some questions may be mind boggling and even kind of ridiculous to you but we should always have it at the back of our minds that this forum was created for the purpose of finding answers and clarification to questions concerning our application no matter how silly it may sound. Also bear in mind that with the popularity the FSWP is gaining at the moment, there are sooooo many false and misleading information being dished out by false agents to people who dont know any better! So for someone to go out of their way to clarify all the information handed to them by coming here, we should atleast give them the benefit of doubt that they want to do the right thing and be sensitive when giving them an answer, it will take absolutely nothing away from you. We know that there are a lot of things wrong with Nigerians but when you meet one that wants to be pointed to the right direction (no matter how ridiculous their questions may be) lets try to be a bit more gracious and accommodating when helping them. Remember ONYE N'AJU AJUJU ADIGHI EFU UZO! Feel free to interpret if you understand . grin

Cheers everyone! Thank you and well done to everyone who take out time from their busy schedule to offer a helping hand here. Lets continue to keep the vibe positive and the bond tight. And congrats to everyone that has moved on up in their application! PPR,ITA,COPR,MP,IP1/2 etc.

28 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by closetextrovert: 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2017
MRSDA:
Learning a lot from this forum. So does this mean newspaper publication alone is not enough? Please help as this is what I have put in the application though yet to submit. I need to hurry. It's one month already that we got ITA

Newspaper publication alone doesnt suffice. You will need to attach an affidavit of change of name. Infact, you need that affidavit before your change of name can be published in some newspapers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 6:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
nkigirl:
Hello everyone. Congrats to all who have gotten PPR. I can't wait to be in your shoes.
I am waiting for my FBI PCC before I even start EE. i applied in July and I don't want to start EE now and start panting when FBI PCC is over delayed and my EE is counting down. So maybe I will apply for EE in September as I think the FBI may come out in October. But I am gathering all my docs so once I get ITA, I can finish up fast. Anyway, I have a serious issue

Company A were hiring for HR position and then wanted a contract staff. I was taken as a contract staff but contract under Company B (manpower supply). So my contract appointment letter is from Company B telling me I am neither a staff of company A or B but contract third party hire and once my contract expires, neither company is obligated to me. I was young and desperate, the money was very good and I took it.

Now, I need reference letter and HR mgrs of both companies are scared of giving me one as they claim I was not a staff and they don't have any idea what to do for contract staff. They also insist that it's the opposite company's responsibility.
I have explained that no one will be implicated in any way. But they are worried. I am about to pull out all my hair. FYI, I have ID card from company A and appointment letter from company B showing I was contracted to company A.

What can I do!!!!

Do the same things advised for anyone whose employer declines giving a reference.( go back a few pages and check my posts and use search bar too).
Put in as much supporting documents as u can.....
Infact, I have read of our indian fellows writng a self declaration of their job roles and notorizing it, and then submit along wit supporting documents and a LOE.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nkigirl: 6:28pm On Aug 07, 2017
Pls someone should answer me below

Hello everyone. Congrats to all who have gotten PPR. I can't wait to be in your shoes.
I am waiting for my FBI PCC before I even start EE. i applied in July and I don't want to start EE now and start panting when FBI PCC is over delayed and my EE is counting down. So maybe I will apply for EE in September as I think the FBI may come out in October. But I am gathering all my docs so once I get ITA, I can finish up fast. Anyway, I have a serious issue

Company A were hiring for HR position and then wanted a contract staff. I was taken as a contract staff but contract under Company B (manpower supply). So my contract appointment letter is from Company B telling me I am neither a staff of company A or B but contract third party hire and once my contract expires, neither company is obligated to me. I was young and desperate, the money was very good and I took it.

Now, I need reference letter and HR mgrs of both companies are scared of giving me one as they claim I was not a staff and they don't have any idea what to do for contract staff. They also insist that it's the opposite company's responsibility.
I have explained that no one will be implicated in any way. But they are worried.
I am about to pull out all my hair.
FYI, I have ID card from company A and appointment letter from company B showing I was contracted to company A.

What can I do!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUSisable: 6:35pm On Aug 07, 2017
ajiifixing:

Madam,
that's condescending.
The gift deed she's also being advised to do is a "packaging" of sorts. Many people who have PPR here also 'packaged" sales of property and its done everywhere (not only in Naija).

@ajiifixing,

Its alright sir. People have different ways of reacting to things and relating with people.

I have read different questions on this thread of people asking for suggestions on how to present their proof of funds without getting insulted as members on this thread act like one family. But like I said people react differently.

Today is my first time on this thread and I decided to just be direct with my questions and was open for suggestions. @hephgirl...would have made her response mild by just stating that IRCC is thorough. There was absolutely no need for the insults and mocking by @canadafly.

But its alright, we get to relate with different people each time.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dumsydsassy1: 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2017
closetextrovert:
I will like to get something off my chest! *clears throat* and it has to do with vibe of the chat group today!

Firstly, its about the tone in which a few people's questions have been answered today. Surely, there is a way we can answer people's questions without throwing around harsh words and making a mockery of the person asking the question. Some questions may be mind boggling and even kind of ridiculous to you but we should always have it at the back of our minds that this forum was created for the purpose of finding answers and clarification to questions concerning our application no matter how silly it may sound. Also bear in mind that with the popularity the FSWP is gaining at the moment, there are sooooo many false and misleading information being dished out by false agents to people who dont know any better! So for someone to go out of their way to clarify all the information handed to them by coming here, we should atleast give them the benefit of doubt that they want to do the right thing and be sensitive when giving them an answer, it will take absolutely nothing away from you. We know that there are a lot of things wrong with Nigerians but when you meet one that wants to be pointed to the right direction (no matter how ridiculous their questions may be) lets try to be a bit more gracious and accommodating when helping them. Remember ONYE N'AJU AJUJU ADIGHI EFU UZO! Feel free to interpret if you understand . grin

Cheers everyone! Thank you and well done to everyone who take out time from their busy schedule to offer a helping hand here. Lets continue to keep the vibe positive and the bond tight. And congrats to everyone that has moved on up in their application! PPR,ITA,COPR,MP,IP1/2 etc.

Thank you for this. I am a silent follower, I have also read all 700+ pages of this thread.. not for once have I seen what I saw today.. it's quite sad, people trying to put down others.. please let's all be civil here.. it's not every question you must answer. If you can't be nice in your response just waka pass.. let's us not spoil the good vibes n brotherly love that has been existing so far.
Thank you.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by closetextrovert: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2017
nkigirl:
Pls someone should answer me below

I have explained that no one will be implicated in any way. But they are worried.
I am about to pull out all my hair.
FYI, I have ID card from company A and appointment letter from company B showing I was contracted to company A.

What can I do!!!!

@ugoiyke79e has answered your question
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 6:39pm On Aug 07, 2017
Gereal:

@mummyjaygirls, please my 1year old son refuses to close mouth. his mouth is a lil open in his passport photograph, can i submit upload it like that. we are all tired even the photographer. would it be an issue.

thanks again

I'm sure CIC agents know toddlers can be a handful and wouldn't mind. Besides a passport photo will be requested for again at ppr stage which will be used for the PR card and That may be the day he will close mouth, so don't worry.

My own pikin bend mouth and head in her own picture after many trials and I used it like that. I can not come and kii maisef. Lol

Good luck

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by closetextrovert: 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
dumsydsassy1:

Thank you for this. I am a silent follower, I have also read all 700+ pages of this thread.. not for once have I seen what I saw today.. it's quite sad, people trying to put down others.. please let's all be civil here.. it's not every question you must answer. If you can't be nice in your response just waka pass.. let's us not spoil the good vibes n brotherly love that has been existing so far.
Thank you.

I thought i was the only one feeling the tension!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gereal: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2017
dammysanmi:
Ahn Ahn...let a one year old be o. How can that be an issue?! Your son might just be friends with mine grin grin grin

Thank you much. I feel so relieved. Kai
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 6:44pm On Aug 07, 2017
JESUSisable:

@ajiifixing,

Its alright sir. People have different ways of reacting to things and relating with people.

I have read different questions on this thread of people asking for suggestions on how to present their proof of funds without getting insulted as members on this thread act like one family. But like I said people react differently.

Today is my first time on this thread and I decided to just be direct with my questions and was open for suggestions. @hephgirl...would have made her response mild by just stating that IRCC is thorough. There was absolutely no need for the insults and mocking by @canadafly.

But its alright, we get to relate with different people each time.

My dear don't feel bad o u hear. Group hug kiss smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gereal: 6:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

I'm sure CIC agents know toddlers can be a handful and wouldn't mind. Besides a passport photo will be requested for again at ppr stage which will be used for the PR card and That may be the day he will close mouth, so don't worry.

My own pikin bend mouth and head in her own picture after many trials and I used it like that. I can not come and kii maisef. Lol

Good luck

Thank you so much. Hmmm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gizzle85: 6:54pm On Aug 07, 2017
Good evening house. Please what address should passports be mailed to from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2017
MRSDA:

You should do an affidavit of name change.....its easy, quick and cheap..
upload it along with the receipt of payment for d affidavit+ marriage cert
you may choose to add d newspaper pub if u wish.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
MRSDA:
Please does the reference letter need to be addressed to this address or can one just write TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN?

Thank you

You can either use "To whom it may concern" or the address.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUSisable: 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

My dear don't feel bad o u hear. Group hug kiss smiley

Thank you so much @mummyJaygirls, I must say I was and still am shocked by the initial response I got but thank God for people like you and @closetext

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superdoll: 7:03pm On Aug 07, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

You should do an affidavit of name change.....its easy, quick and cheap..
upload it along with the receipt of payment for d affidavit+ marriage cert
you may choose to add d newspaper pub if u wish.

Reciept? Hmmm my affidavit of name change was done some years back and I don't knw where the receipt is ooo. Is the reciept stuff a compulsory requirement?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gizzle85: 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
Good evening, please what address did you send the passport to?

merrymum:
Big congratulations to all PPR recipients! We are definitely moving forward. All thanks to God.

Finally received stamped passports and COPR today. After about 3 weeks.

Wishing every one of us success in this journey!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUSisable: 7:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
dumsydsassy1:

Thank you.

Thank you guyz, truely relieving. At a point I began to wonder if I was in the right thread. Its well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2017
Gizzle85:
Good evening house. Please what address should passports be mailed to from Nigeria?

Hello Gizzle85,

MummyJaygirls posted the address few pages back. The address is:

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 independence Avenue, Accra, Ghana
Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521

Best regards.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ronnygold(f): 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2017
Hello NL fam. My hubby job title was written as a public servant on our marriage certificate and he works as a fleet manager. Has anyone gotten PPR with similar problem cos its like its common in naija. How do you go about it? Kind response will be highly appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
JESUSisable:

Thank you guyz, truely relieving. At a point I began to wonder if I was in the right thread. Its well.

You are in the right thread, and the right place to get your questions answered for free. So no hard feelings, ok?

As for your questions, it is best to use the person with the best IELTS scores, younger age and highest educational qualification as the principal applicant. You being out of job at the moment doesn't matter as long as you have work experience you can get a letter for. For the proof of funds, just be as uncomplicated as you can be, any large amount that can't be accounted for, opt for a gift deed.

Hope this helps!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by closetextrovert: 7:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
superdoll:

Reciept? Hmmm my affidavit of name change was done some years back and I don't knw where the receipt is ooo. Is the reciept stuff a compulsory requirement?

No, the receipt of the affidavit is not important. Your affidavit will suffice.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2017
superdoll:

No its not....just what i uploaded in mine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUSisable: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2017
Feygbe:

You are in the right thread, and the right place to get your questions answered for free. So no hard feelings, ok?

As for your questions, it is best to use the person with the best IELTS scores, younger age and highest educational qualification as the principal applicant. You being out of job at the moment doesn't matter as long as you have work experience you can get a letter for. For the proof of funds, just be as uncomplicated as you can be, any large amount that can't be accounted for, opt for a gift deed.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much. I really appreciate your time, and yes your information does help.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by careliz: 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2017
hi
I am a silent reader and my first tym posting on this thread. I wud like ur advice on this matter bothering me.
My hubby is actually d principal applicant and a Dependant of 4 for now cos we r expecting a baby by ending of d month which wud make it 5. Although he notified CIC b4 submitting his applications.My fear now is ;

1) We r expecting PPR any moment from now cos his AOR was in June 16th and he's gotten 2 ADR request of which d latest was to pay RPRF fee which he paid on 28th of last month...Now if we get PPR b4 d baby is born cos I think we have 15 days to submit d passport and fill d IMM form,what r we to do @ dis juncture? Cos d baby hasn't arrived yet
2) If d baby arrives b4 we get d PPR request I doubt we wont be able to meet d tym frame of d 15 days submission cos like we all know d scarcity of passport @ immigration office which cause a lot of delays. I am confused? Kindly respond,tnks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUSisable: 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
Feygbe:

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for your time, your information really does help.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 7:51pm On Aug 07, 2017
Garykasparov:
Hello,

@blingyrie @freeradicals, @wotubambam @wura7

Did you answer 'yes' to any of the statutory question? or had any visa rejection in the past?
For me it was no all the way. I was as honest as I could be, I can't come and risk a ban.

And yeah I don't have any visa rejection in d past

(1) (2) (3) ... (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) (746) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.