Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,355 members, 7,836,455 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (761) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2622901 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 12:07am On Aug 10, 2017
freeradical:
What a glorious CRS cut off score. I spent close to 6months on 433 with my first EE profile searching for ITA but it wouldn't come grin

Congratulations to all our new ITA holders, yimiton, dammiehar, XX01, et al. I know you guys expect to get speedy processing of your eAPR to PPR and so I've decided to help you with a few advice from my own experience. My timeline from AOR to PPR is just 46days which is quite impressive and something I'd wish for you guys to replicate. Now my advice to you goes as follows. Brace up its gonna be a long read

1. Getting ITA is a big deal but it's not so much of a big deal if u don't package your application well and it gets rejected. So use only 24 hours to celebrate dis ITA after which you have to settle down, snap out of the euphoria(you are not in Canada yet grin) and focus on submitting your eAPR without making any costly error that may mar your chances.

2. Even though we know that ultimately d divine controls the speed of every application yet you must do your utmost best in packaging your application carefully. As much as you can, get the documents in d format specified by CIC. Start now to disturb your bankers for the reference letters and your employers for the work reference letter. From my experience, you save d VO time and make their work easier when you submit documents in the recommended CIC format and they reward that with a fast processing.

3. PCCs are very vital and you should know by now what PCCs you need to provide. To be on the safe side any country you have spent a cumulative period of 3-4 months from when you were born till now just start now to process your PCC from them. VOs r very unforgiving with PCCs and sometimes they interprete the laws around PCCs in ways we can't truly understand. If you are like me that have never enter international flight before (I.e no travel history) then u are safe but for all the ajalas in the house, the chicken has come home to roost grin

4. Do not be in a hurry to get AOR, thereby rushing to submit. Take your time to ensure that you include every document in your checklist and in the right file format. Always cross check that your uploads are still intact even at the point of submission. It's not really by AOR but by how fast you move from AOR to PPR. Some July AOR peeps are already with PPR while we still got some April AORs languishing in IP1. So don't let the race to get AOR get to you.

5. Avoid ADRs. If it means waiting till the final week of your 90precious days it's safer to wait it out and submit your application with that document you know will be requested. ADRs have a way of unnecessarily delaying the movement of your file. The best time to send CIC documents is before AOR so be proactive enough to prevent anything that will make then ask after. For example if you know you have been refused visa to some country, nothing stops u from filling a schedule A form proactively even before it is asked.

6. Use your LOE very well. The LOE is a powerful weapon that you must use very well to your favour. If you do an unbiased self assessment of your application, you will note the areas where your application appears to be weak. It's almost likely that the VO will come to this same conclusion as you. That's where a good LOE does wonders. You can use your LOE to politely explain and provide further detail to the VO. What u r actually doing is subtly allaying his doubts about this weak part of your application. This helps the guy to make a favorable decision on your case. The trick to writing a good LOE is being honest, polite and MOST IMPORTANTLY attaching a document to buttress your point or as evidence. Also you can write as many LOEs and attached documents to each even though there is one placeholder for LOE. That's where your PDF merger comes in. Merge all the LOEs into one single file and attach.

7. Raising CSEs is a bad, bad thing!Avoid anything that will also make you to start disturbing your application midway after AOR by having to raise a CSE. Examples are getting married, adding a baby etc. Though most times these stuffs are beyond our control but as much as you can try to avoid entering such situations because it will delay your application. If you know you want to marry that man/woman then make the decision and get married already even before you secure ITA. I've seen some people's application getting delayed because they have to include spouse. If you r expecting a baby and your due date is before the 90days post ITA period,its best you wait for the child and include him before AOR. This exactly was my case. I had ITA Apr 12th and my wife's EDD was May 12th. I decided to wait for the baby. I made every arrangements for his passport with the immigration agent( the guy thought I was crazy trying to do passport for a child yet unborn grin), but alas baby came early on May 5th. My son got his passport May 12th or so and we got AOR June 19th.
So my point is as much as we can control these events let's try our best.

8. Finally just keep praying as though everything depends on your prayers but not your work and try not to be overly anxious. Who anxiety EPP sef.

I wish you guys a smooth PPR journey from here on.

Thank you Freeradical, very enlightening. FBI PCC is almost making CSE needed o. The processing time is something else. 90 days is almost over and no FBI report yet. smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 12:08am On Aug 10, 2017
Wura27:
Hello,

Someone wrote something about statement not being necessary about a week ago. If you guys can transfer to the GT account and get a letter in the exact format required by CIC then I don't think you would be needing a statement showing your account history.

Thank you so much @Wura27. So I guess we are good then! Yippee

Canada application is turning me into an insomniac....night time when everyone is asleep is when I find it easy to compile docs, otherwise, the children are in the way..haha

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:09am On Aug 10, 2017
MRSDA:

Very helpful, thank you. So are you saying if i have travelled to the UK for 2 weeks at different times, over a period of 10 years, then I need a police certificate from the UK?

grin grin you sef u know you don't but just incase, PLEASE YOU DO NOT OHHHH

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 12:11am On Aug 10, 2017
Wura27:

Hahahaha I DO NOT!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 10, 2017
MRSDA:

Canada application is turning me into an insomniac....night time when everyone is asleep is when I find it easy to compile docs, otherwise, the children are in the way..haha

Loll I can imagine... I've also turned to Night manager on this thread but mine is due to exam. Don't worry we'd be meeting every night wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 12:13am On Aug 10, 2017
MRSDA:

Very helpful, thank you. So are you saying if i have travelled to the UK for 2 weeks at different times, over a period of 10 years, then I need a police certificate from the UK?

If the total no of 2 week-trips equals 6 months, you need a PCC from UK. CIC calculates the cumulative not 6months visit at a stretch. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 12:14am On Aug 10, 2017
Wura27:

I put all my work experiences in Work history when filling the EE form, they are asking for references, I am an entrepreneur and I have been for 6 years, for that I suppose my Business Name Certificate will suffice.

Other jobs, I can't get references as two are now closed and one has changed names 3ce and new management and stuff, will employment letters only work? This isn't adding to our points, since I am not primary abi is it principal applicant?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by demdemy: 12:15am On Aug 10, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

This is copy and paste response. Me sef got same mail. Relax ur mind. PPR loading bruv

Wow!! Copy and paste! Thanks so much for this response.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 12:15am On Aug 10, 2017
Feygbe:

If the total no of 2 week-trips equals 6 months, you need a PCC from UK. CIC calculates the cumulative not 6months visit at a stretch. Hope this helps.

Yes it does, thank you. No it is not up to 6 months. Why do I have multiple required against Police certificate though? Is that a general thing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 12:16am On Aug 10, 2017
Wura27:

Loll I can imagine... I've also turned to Night manager on this thread but mine is due to exam. Don't worry we'd be meeting every night wink

I actually work while doing this, the life of a mumpreneur...holiday dealing with me grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sexymj(f): 12:21am On Aug 10, 2017
thank you.

XX01:

All things being equal, you should get it. Wait for at least 24 hours for your profile to be updated with your ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DereI(f): 12:29am On Aug 10, 2017
freeradical:
What a glorious CRS cut off score. I spent close to 6months on 433 with my first EE profile searching for ITA but it wouldn't come grin

Congratulations to all our new ITA holders, yimiton, dammiehar, XX01, et al. I know you guys expect to get speedy processing of your eAPR to PPR and so I've decided to help you with a few advice from my own experience. My timeline from AOR to PPR is just 46days which is quite impressive and something I'd wish for you guys to replicate. Now my advice to you goes as follows. Brace up its gonna be a long read

1. Getting ITA is a big deal but it's not so much of a big deal if u don't package your application well and it gets rejected. So use only 24 hours to celebrate dis ITA after which you have to settle down, snap out of the euphoria(you are not in Canada yet grin) and focus on submitting your eAPR without making any costly error that may mar your chances.

2. Even though we know that ultimately d divine controls the speed of every application yet you must do your utmost best in packaging your application carefully. As much as you can, get the documents in d format specified by CIC. Start now to disturb your bankers for the reference letters and your employers for the work reference letter. From my experience, you save d VO time and make their work easier when you submit documents in the recommended CIC format and they reward that with a fast processing.

3. PCCs are very vital and you should know by now what PCCs you need to provide. To be on the safe side any country you have spent a cumulative period of 3-4 months from when you were born till now just start now to process your PCC from them. VOs r very unforgiving with PCCs and sometimes they interprete the laws around PCCs in ways we can't truly understand. If you are like me that have never enter international flight before (I.e no travel history) then u are safe but for all the ajalas in the house, the chicken has come home to roost grin

4. Do not be in a hurry to get AOR, thereby rushing to submit. Take your time to ensure that you include every document in your checklist and in the right file format. Always cross check that your uploads are still intact even at the point of submission. It's not really by AOR but by how fast you move from AOR to PPR. Some July AOR peeps are already with PPR while we still got some April AORs languishing in IP1. So don't let the race to get AOR get to you.

5. Avoid ADRs. If it means waiting till the final week of your 90precious days it's safer to wait it out and submit your application with that document you know will be requested. ADRs have a way of unnecessarily delaying the movement of your file. The best time to send CIC documents is before AOR so be proactive enough to prevent anything that will make then ask after. For example if you know you have been refused visa to some country, nothing stops u from filling a schedule A form proactively even before it is asked.

6. Use your LOE very well. The LOE is a powerful weapon that you must use very well to your favour. If you do an unbiased self assessment of your application, you will note the areas where your application appears to be weak. It's almost likely that the VO will come to this same conclusion as you. That's where a good LOE does wonders. You can use your LOE to politely explain and provide further detail to the VO. What u r actually doing is subtly allaying his doubts about this weak part of your application. This helps the guy to make a favorable decision on your case. The trick to writing a good LOE is being honest, polite and MOST IMPORTANTLY attaching a document to buttress your point or as evidence. Also you can write as many LOEs and attached documents to each even though there is one placeholder for LOE. That's where your PDF merger comes in. Merge all the LOEs into one single file and attach.

7. Raising CSEs is a bad, bad thing!Avoid anything that will also make you to start disturbing your application midway after AOR by having to raise a CSE. Examples are getting married, adding a baby etc. Though most times these stuffs are beyond our control but as much as you can try to avoid entering such situations because it will delay your application. If you know you want to marry that man/woman then make the decision and get married already even before you secure ITA. I've seen some people's application getting delayed because they have to include spouse. If you r expecting a baby and your due date is before the 90days post ITA period,its best you wait for the child and include him before AOR. This exactly was my case. I had ITA Apr 12th and my wife's EDD was May 12th. I decided to wait for the baby. I made every arrangements for his passport with the immigration agent( the guy thought I was crazy trying to do passport for a child yet unborn grin), but alas baby came early on May 5th. My son got his passport May 12th or so and we got AOR June 19th.

8. Finally just keep praying as though everything depends on your prayers but not your work and try not to be overly anxious. Who anxiety EPP sef.

Thanks a bunch. God bless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:04am On Aug 10, 2017
MRSDA:

Yes it does, thank you. No it is not up to 6 months. Why do I have multiple required against Police certificate though? Is that a general thing?

Because you'r submitting yours and your husband's but please check your travel history wella ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 1:07am On Aug 10, 2017
It has that because somepeople have more than one pcc to submit as they are ajalas... But if you have only one.. Upload one
Wura27:

Because you'r submitting yours and your husband's but please check your travel history wella ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tarahray20: 2:06am On Aug 10, 2017
My PCC is valid for only three months and I want to submit today. The concern is that this PCC has one month left before it expires. What should I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 2:25am On Aug 10, 2017
Omo ppr rain for a couple of people in july aor whatsapp group... @Lordsebastian @ITABABE and co if your awake abeg check your mail o... You might be among the lucky ones... Lol.. Make i go sleep and dream of my reaction when my ppr go show face

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 3:11am On Aug 10, 2017
Congratulations to all ITA recipients. Yall keep us posted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 3:13am On Aug 10, 2017
MRSDA:

Lmao. I can relate. Not to mention Internet is faster at this time for uploads et al

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ITABABE: 3:45am On Aug 10, 2017
deeore:
Omo ppr rain for a couple of people in july aor whatsapp group... @Lordsebastian @ITABABE and co if your awake abeg check your mail o... You might be among the lucky ones... Lol.. Make i go sleep and dream of my reaction when my ppr go show face
nothing yet o smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:51am On Aug 10, 2017
tarahray20:
My PCC is valid for only three months and I want to submit today. The concern is that this PCC has one month left before it expires. What should I do?
It is actually valid for one year. Read up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 4:40am On Aug 10, 2017
You will need it only if the total duration spent in the UK adds up to 6 months... If not, do not bother getting one.

MRSDA:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 4:44am On Aug 10, 2017
Yes you can...

zealog:
I have lost my birth certificate. Can I use sworn affidavit as replacement. I need someone to make clarification for me please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 4:53am On Aug 10, 2017
Us cumulative trip is 4 months... Cic website says 6 months....
Does this person need fbi pcc? Has anyone had issues with 4 months cumulative trips?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 4:54am On Aug 10, 2017
You do not need PCC... as you said, CIC says 6 months.

Hephgirl:
Us cumulative trip is 4 months... Cic website says 6 months....
Does this person need fbi pcc? Has anyone had issues with 4 months cumulative trips?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 5:18am On Aug 10, 2017
Hello Fam.

Timeline progressing

AOR - 21st July
MP - 1st August
NA/IP1 - 1st August
NA2 - 3rd August.
IP2. - 10th August.

God is Faithful.

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olyveoyl(f): 5:20am On Aug 10, 2017
MRSDA:
Hello house, please I need your help re proof of funds. My husband and I are both very entrepreneurial although he has a paid job. This means money is always going in and coming out and we also use credit facility. He has a salary account that has regular inflow from his salary but we also have a credit card tied to that account so somehow, the account never balance. There is also a loan on the account. We can put the amount we need to show into it right now but it won't cancel all the credit on it. On the other hand, he has a GT account that used to be his salary account but it has not seen a lot of credit recently. To my real question, if we put the cash we have into the GT account and then get the statement, will that fly?
We've been racking our brain on this....help us o, e jo grin . We have the money but won't it be suspicious that we are putting in bulk money all of a sudden?
The best way around this is to do a fixed deposit on the bulk of your "pof" and let an insignificant amount sit in your normal accounts (salary); meaning your will submit your FD investment certificate and (salary) statement of account.On the the whole be sure to do a letter of explanation (which doubles as cover letter to explain the salient issues in your application and especially the pof).If the credit facility you talked about is negligible and being serviced periodically,then it wouldn't be an issue,just let it lie.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 5:36am On Aug 10, 2017
ebho:
Hello Fam.

Timeline progressing

AOR - 21st July
MP - 1st August
NA/IP1 - 1st August
NA2 - 3rd August.
IP2. - 10th August.

God is Faithful.
so fast
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 5:36am On Aug 10, 2017
boldinc:
You do not need PCC... as you said, CIC says 6 months.

Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsBee: 6:06am On Aug 10, 2017
ebho:
Hello Fam.

Timeline progressing

AOR - 21st July
MP - 1st August
NA/IP1 - 1st August
NA2 - 3rd August.
IP2. - 10th August.

God is Faithful.

Wow. Congrats. PPR loading...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by careliz: 6:20am On Aug 10, 2017
freeradical:

I am wondering how immigration managed to take a new born picture,was his/ her eyes closed,and how was d medicals for new born conducted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 6:31am On Aug 10, 2017
Temas:
hello house... good job in all doing here.. I didn't believe until I have a close pal who just got his ppr...

please help a brother here.

MSC computer engineering... Turkey

bsc physic edu... unilag

ccna. Cisco
mcitp... Microsoft.

age... 33

7 year working experience.. 2year abroad+ 5 in Nigeria.

do in have a chance..

I hope the response to your question is satisfactory? We can have whatever discussions here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 6:38am On Aug 10, 2017
40manlappy:
Thanks to everyone for the congratulatory messages and good wishes. May our positive dreams come true! smiley
hmmm,40man long time,is being a while.so happy showing up once again after taking a long leave off this thread.gone through couple of pages and am so amazed with the level of uncountable successes recorded so far.God is manifesting his awesomeness to all who put their trust in him.Yours was a great comeback ie from Manitoba disappointment now a full fledge PR.I felicitate with you and with everyone that got breakthrough and to those still in the race,don't give up,don't throw in the towel now,remember winners don't quit but losers quit.To you all therefore, I say congratulation in arrears and in advance.God has everyone in his plan.just hang in there.Cheers

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.