Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,238 members, 7,836,143 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (763) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2621973 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olyveoyl(f): 8:26am On Aug 10, 2017
MRSDA:

Good morning blessed people. Please anyone able to help me out with This?
Any job you won't be able to get reference letters for ,all you need do is submit any employment letters you have readily available,past pay slips and if you can get an electronic tax clearance certificate " direct assessment " from LSG alausa for present business.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Deeone747: 8:35am On Aug 10, 2017
hi,i sent the money to a friend in Canada who paid for me.your debit card won't work
Canadianfly:
Please for those that used WES, how did y'all make the payment to them? Did your Naija debit card work? Will rather spend Naija than touch any dollar account now abeg. Please who can help with this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 8:38am On Aug 10, 2017
careliz:

LOL, very funny indeed..So how did u carry him and not appear in his pics? Well they know how they do their stuffs anyway.

How about ur babys medicals?Kindly share.
I feel there is no use for a baby to undergo any medicals o. no b just weight person go just go burn anoda mony put o,cos I know they can't do anything other than weight,temp

I haven't done medicals yet. Maybe other seniors can help us out. For the pic, they have a way to crop out stuff. My baby's US passport has my hands around his head.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 8:44am On Aug 10, 2017
Does anyone know what the current CAD to Naira is?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:45am On Aug 10, 2017
Wow!! Congrats dear. I thought as much when I did not see you online for a while. May God protect the baby.
vcole:

Wow. Congrats!! to everyone who have made progress in this Canny journey.
Baby is fine, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:47am On Aug 10, 2017
Summary is loads of PPRs and COPRs grin
vcole:
Hello everyone. Can't believe the thread is over 700 pages long. @40manlappy, @ugoiyke, @esosa4real @boldinc @onlineise @dupyshoo and others my brain fit Don forget to mention, how market? I fit beg for small summary of notable "events" from una? grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2017
Thanks @Freeradical and Wura27 for the good points. I pray that God favours our application and we can get success in good time.

Means I have to stop taking somethings for granted.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by careliz: 8:49am On Aug 10, 2017
XX01:

I haven't done medicals yet. Maybe other seniors can help us out. For the pic, they have a way to crop out stuff. My baby's US passport has my hands around his head.
ok,tanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Sarang(f): 8:51am On Aug 10, 2017
The Saskatchewan occupation in demand is open right now!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:56am On Aug 10, 2017
I hope my understanding of your question is right: you are planning to show your POF as evidence of fund for his tuition. Is that right?

If yes, it is a bit risky as they might relate the two applications and eventually reject the 2 applications.

I also doubt if projected salary will count.

dtush:
Good morning house,

I submitted my application last week and ITA was given yesterday.

But am in a dilemma.

1. My younger brother whom I am the sole guardian (parents are late) has applied for admission in some Canadian universities and we should be submitting his application soon for January resumption.

2. Can I still go ahead to process my ITA without any issues provided that my POF will be intact after paying his school fees. Of which 50% of the fees will be paid even before we apply for his visa.

3. I hope it won't be seen as double counting of funds and do I include a detailed explanation of this in my application as well as the student visa application. Along with my projected income in the coming year. I just got a new job. So the monthly salary is small but u get lump sums after every 6 month. I.e 6 months, 1 year e.t.c.

4. We Av a projected salary calculator. So can I get HR to sign on it and include in the study application

5. Also, I run an informal biz. No registered company profile. I use my salary account and other account for the business. I supply all sorts. I have some invoices giving me the contract but mostly it's informal. Where I make an average of say #200K monthly but no real structure

Please just advice. So I will really like him to resume by Jan and I don't want to hurt my own chances either
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 9:02am On Aug 10, 2017
Goodmorning...its quiet here.. I thought i would see loads of ppr when i check this mornin..e be like say na only indians them shate give this time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 9:07am On Aug 10, 2017
My advice for anyone considering PNP, Just forget PNP if u can retake IELTS. PNP application takes 6-8 months to get PPR post AOR

Sarang:
The Saskatchewan occupation in demand is open right now!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 9:14am On Aug 10, 2017
No show. No show. No show.

God dey.

deeore:
Omo ppr rain for a couple of people in july aor whatsapp group... @Lordsebastian @ITABABE and co if your awake abeg check your mail o... You might be among the lucky ones... Lol.. Make i go sleep and dream of my reaction when my ppr go show face
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 9:20am On Aug 10, 2017
Good morning,

What does it mean when your Background check status changes to "Not Applicable"?

cc @freeradical @40manlappy, @ugoiyke, @esosa4real @boldinc @onlineise @dupyshoo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chubbya2(f): 9:21am On Aug 10, 2017
Wura27:

Loll I can imagine... I've also turned to Night manager on this thread but mine is due to exam. Don't worry we'd be meeting every night wink

Hi,
Kindly check your email sent you PM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 9:24am On Aug 10, 2017
Say what? They are jokers.
Dammiehar:

It is very sad indeed. It was my Masters degree that saved me from those people. When I was trying to secure admission for that Masters years ago I saw hell, I kept bribing and bribing before they sent transcripts. My brother-in-law paid 50k for that transcript early this year, I think around February and after collecting the money, they told him he has outstanding courses that he has to sit for. Can you believe that? Someone that graduated years ago, has his certificate that was issued by OOU and went for NYSC. I still don't get it till now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 9:27am On Aug 10, 2017
40manlappy:

cheesy grin

@perks Have you received your ECA?

ECA still missing in action. I have been calling, sent mails and even fax messages. I have decided to remove my mind and not let it bother me my brother. Let dem send it wen they r ready. Nonesense. angry

CC: Gliteringstar
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:28am On Aug 10, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Congrats 40man.....you are racing through every step mehhnnn!!

Thanks Ma'am. "Racing"? When July AORs are already getting PPRs grin

We should thank God for everything smiley

cc: elfmann
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abbylee: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2017
Hello guys,

I recently just joined this forum and I must say you guys have been very helpful but i need more help. I am not really sure how to post messages here or if i have posted it in the right place.

My fiancé got his ITA early this month and he must submit by 1st of November, he is gathering all his documents. Now my questions:

1. His proof of funds are in Tbills in two parts (one of this was given to him by his mom, the other was his savings), one will be due this month, the other next month and the rest of the funds which is about 1m will be given to him by his dad and he will receive 500k from his AJO this month. He plans to put this last part into Tbills too. Can he just submit the Tbills certificates (given to him by the bank) only as proof of funds? Must he also submit letter from the bank showing his opening, average and closing balances?

2. I understand that after he gets the PRV, he must apply for visa at the embassy, at this point he will have to show his statement, will these huge sums be a red flag? Is this where the gift certificate or/and letter of explanation come in?

3. Does he have to go and do medicals now or after he submits his application, he will be asked to do that?

A very explanatory reply would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:32am On Aug 10, 2017
Woohoo...this thread has been buzzing for weeks now..I Cant even keep up reading through all the pages!!! Congratulations to everyone who has gotten PPR, CoPR, ITA and also all those smashing IELTS.... wink this is indeed great news!!

For those waiting to be part of this New dawn, stay strong & focused - Baba God will pick-up your call soonest wink

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2017
hartson:
hmmm,40man long time,is being a while.so happy showing up once again after taking a long leave off this thread.gone through couple of pages and am so amazed with the level of uncountable successes recorded so far.God is manifesting his awesomeness to all who put their trust in him.Yours was a great comeback ie from Manitoba disappointment now a full fledge PR.I felicitate with you and with everyone that got breakthrough and to those still in the race,don't give up,don't throw in the towel now,remember winners don't quit but losers quit.To you all therefore, I say congratulation in arrears and in advance.God has everyone in his plan.just hang in there.Cheers

Longest time bro and welcome back! cheesy

It's nice to read from you again. Thanks for your kinds words and God bless! smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 9:36am On Aug 10, 2017
dtush:

He is 17 years old and will be 18 next year May. And he is not included in my application but is dis somethg that can be done?
I'm glad he's going to school in Canada. After school he can apply ... If d program is still on. But this is if he cannot be included.
I really wish he can b added. Can u tweet at them and ask if he can b added afterall u r his sole guardian... But I know u will have to show documents like death certificates of parents and birth certificate of u guys.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:36am On Aug 10, 2017
vcole:
Hello everyone. Can't believe the thread is over 700 pages long. @40manlappy, @ugoiyke, @esosa4real @boldinc @onlineise @dupyshoo and others my brain fit Don forget to mention, how market? I fit beg for small summary of notable "events" from una? grin

Glad to hear from you! cheesy

"Market" has been good. Plenty outstanding IELTS scores, ECAs, ITAs, PPRs and COPRs wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:39am On Aug 10, 2017
perks:

ECA still missing in action. I have been calling, sent mails and even fax messages. I have decided to remove my mind and not let it bother me my brother. Let dem send it wen they r ready. Nonsense. angry

CC: Gliteringstar

Don't worry bro. You will get it before the next draw. Cheers!

Lol @bolded cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by closetextrovert: 9:41am On Aug 10, 2017
MRSDA:

I put all my work experiences in Work history when filling the EE form, they are asking for references, I am an entrepreneur and I have been for 6 years, for that I suppose my Business Name Certificate will suffice.

Other jobs, I can't get references as two are now closed and one has changed names 3ce and new management and stuff, will employment letters only work? This isn't adding to our points, since I am not primary abi is it principal applicant?

Hello MRSDA,

The work history that you cant provide letter of reference for, its best to move it to your personal history.

As for your business these are the documents necessary;

1: CAC incorporation certificate.

2. Tax Clearance Certificate

These two documents prove that its an existing and functioning business

Then to prove your experience in order to justify the NOC you chose, you will need the following documents as suggested by someone with similar situation a few pages back;

1. A letter from one of your client who can attest to the fact that you perform the functions contained in your NOC.

2. In addition to the above, an invoice issued to the client and probably other clients

3. Statement of account to show proof that those transactions were carried out and completed.

These are the few i remember the person listed. It'll be best you go a couple of pages back to check out the post. If i get the link i'll post it here for you.

Cheers and all the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 9:43am On Aug 10, 2017
Temas:
hello house... good job in all doing here.. I didn't believe until I have a close pal who just got his ppr...

please help a brother here.

MSC computer engineering... Turkey

bsc physic edu... unilag

ccna. Cisco
mcitp... Microsoft.

age... 33

7 year working experience.. 2year abroad+ 5 in Nigeria.

do in have a chance..

Bros you need to be quick to dive into the pool. You have more than a chance to be successful. By the way ITA cut-off is dipping, you stand a good chance of securing one soon. Don't know how quickly you can get your IELTS and ECA done though. Cheers and all the best!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nkigirl: 9:44am On Aug 10, 2017
Let me ask. Can you afford not to submit PCC? If you went to some middle east, African or Asian country for work for your company for 6 months and you are unable to get PCC no matter how you try. can't you just omit that from your travel history and not show PCC? Your company will definitely give you reference letter covering that you worked with them for so so years so no one would know if you were in Nigeria or not.

I understand that some PCC must be declared.
Example if you used your UK masters for ECA, you must show PCC
Or you had kids in America, and stayed for 6 months and you are uploading their birth cert, you have to show PCC. And generally, America keeps records so Canada can always ask them questions.

I am the PA. My husband is my dependent and worked for a company that sent him for a year as a commuter in Congo. He is no longer with the company BTW but he has tried to get PCC but no way and he doesn't want to get a visa to got to that country and start hustling for PCC. He can't even speak the language.
Anway, his company gave a ref letter to cover all his time as an employee but we want to totally omit the travel history to Congo. No scans, no nada. We will just say he was in Nigeria working

Is this possible?

Bimpsy99:
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:50am On Aug 10, 2017
Abbylee:
Hello guys,

I recently just joined this forum and I must say you guys have been very helpful but i need more help. I am not really sure how to post messages here or if i have posted it in the right place.

My fiancé got his ITA early this month and he must submit by 1st of November, he is gathering all his documents. Now my questions:

1. His proof of funds are in Tbills in two parts (one of this was given to him by his mom, the other was his savings), one will be due this month, the other next month and the rest of the funds which is about 1m will be given to him by his dad and he will receive 500k from his AJO this month. He plans to put this last part into Tbills too. Can he just submit the Tbills certificates (given to him by the bank) only as proof of funds? Must he also submit letter from the bank showing his opening, average and closing balances?

2. I understand that after he gets the PRV, he must apply for visa at the embassy, at this point he will have to show his statement, will these huge sums be a red flag? Is this where the gift certificate or/and letter of explanation come in?

3. Does he have to go and do medicals now or after he submits his application, he will be asked to do that?

A very explanatory reply would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi - I will try to answer this as much as I can.

(1) You said he wants to submit 1st of November. This means his TBs would have matured by then and the money would have dropped into his account. so there is no need to submit TB certificate for TBs that have expired anyways. If he wants to use the money again to purchase a new TB, then that's fine but the tenure must be short - maybe just 3 months. Regarding the money from dad and AJO, no need to do TBs with those again biko. If I were him I will add the AJO money + dad's money together and do a gift deed i.e. assume the total sum is coming from dad. This is what I will do to avoid scattered PoFs - so that the PoF will just be two things (1) Gift deed from dad (2) TBs certificate. He will have to add his 6 months SoA + letter from bank just to be safe. This is what I would do.

(2) He does not need to apply for ANY Canadian Visa at the embassy when he gets his CoPR.

(3) It is advisable to do medicals after he gets his ITA (invitation to Apply) AND when he is close to submitting his eAPr. Medicals expire after 12 months and the last thing he wants to do is hurriedly do the medicals now and have to re-do it again before he gets his CoPR. Note that he MUST do medicals before he submits his eApr (it is called upfront medicals and there is a placeholder to attach the doc he gets from the hospital).

I hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 9:51am On Aug 10, 2017
labelbybee:

Please i need clarifications here. I was born in UK, my parents returned to Nigeria after my 1st birthday. I have travelled to UK twice (within the last 4 years) on vacation spending 2 weeks at each visit. Do i need a PCC? I was thinking the PCC is needed for cummulative periods after 18years of age. cc: mummyjaygirls, boldinc, 40manlappy, feygbe
In d last 10 years if the cumulative is 6 months then u need pcc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by closetextrovert: 9:55am On Aug 10, 2017
MRSDA:

I put all my work experiences in Work history when filling the EE form, they are asking for references, I am an entrepreneur and I have been for 6 years, for that I suppose my Business Name Certificate will suffice.

Other jobs, I can't get references as two are now closed and one has changed names 3ce and new management and stuff, will employment letters only work? This isn't adding to our points, since I am not primary abi is it principal applicant?

This is from Happylassy, i copied and pasted her respone.

I used self employment for one of my job claims. I dont own a company, but I work as a self employed consultant. To prove this I attached a letter of explanation, proof of payments,invoices, contract, and reference letters from my clients where possible.

Please see below sample of LOE for self employment used in app

DATE

The Immigration Officer
Canada Immigration Office

Dear Sir/Madam,

Letter of Explanation: Self Employment as XXXXXXXXX
I have worked as an XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX for periods covering:
XXXXXXX – Date

Within this role, I worked on short term projects with various companies. My proofs of self employment attached with this application include:
• Reference letters and contracts from XXXXXXXXXXXX
• Letter of engagement from Lagos XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
• Payment receipts (Downloaded online bank receipts)

I also work as a freelance XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX; As proof of this I have attached payments receipts as the contracts were agreed via email as opposed to printed contracts.
Thank you for your kind consideration in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Sarang(f): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
My advice for anyone considering PNP, Just forget PNP if u can retake IELTS. PNP application takes 6-8 months to get PPR post AOR

So which one is better? CEE?
SINP takes trades without university degree

I have a friend who needs help on this, he's an Electrician.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 10:01am On Aug 10, 2017
closetextrovert:

Hello MRSDA,

The work history that you cant provide letter of reference for, its best to move it to your personal history.

As for your business these are the documents necessary;

1: CAC incorporation certificate.

2. Tax Clearance Certificate

These two documents prove that its an existing and functioning business

Then to prove your experience in order to justify the NOC you chose, you will need the following documents as suggested by someone with similar situation a few pages back;

1. A letter from one of your client who can attest to the fact that you perform the functions contained in your NOC.

2. In addition to the above, an invoice issued to the client and probably other clients

3. Statement of account to show proof that those transactions were carried out and completed.

These are the few i remember the person listed. It'll be best you go a couple of pages back to check out the post. If i get the link i'll post it here for you.

Cheers and all the best.

Ahhh although I'm not the principal applicant? This Canada something is tiring jo. Thanks for the response

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (760) (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.