Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2620991 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
Yooku:

This travel history na....So if you do not have "PCC-able" travel history does it have any impact on your application processing?
Nope. Don't think so. Many people have gotten PR without even ever boarding plane prior to that. In fact eh this whole FBI pcc thing makes me regret carrying my behind up and down the place. I for just be exempt from this wahala

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Olabekee: 1:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
hallly:
He got it sometime last year.
No , he doesn't have any contact.

He went with all certificates issued to him while in India, his current international passport and the old one which had the India visa. He was also asked for his Indian address during his stay.

please what of Ghana police clearance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by closetextrovert: 1:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
Canadianfly:

Nope. Don't think so. Many people have gotten PR without even ever boarding plane prior to that. In fact eh this whole FBI pcc thing makes me regret carrying my behind up and down the place. I for just be exempt from this wahala

My sentiments about FBI PCC exactly! Why they cant outsource the process still beats me! Everytime i think about it all i imagine is one unlucky intern in the janitor's closest opening heaps of mails without caring that he/she is delaying some peoples canadian dreams cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2017
freeradical:
This sort of proactivity is exactly what I'm advocating for. Well done!

Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Iruosonobrugwhe: 1:35pm On Aug 10, 2017
may god bless you for this.....Going through the over 700 pages and racking my head on abbreviation was tougher than IELTS itself. let me copy,print and paste this by my desk
Yooku:

@Abbylee

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 1:35pm On Aug 10, 2017
Remxyj:

Please how una dey find out where your file is?

Exactly...pls tell us so we can find out too. Loll
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Iruosonobrugwhe: 1:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
My dear kindred and kindred to be,

Please i have about half of my funds for pOF in my account. i also maintain a money market portfolio with one of these finance houses although it is depleted. Can i pay the balance poF funds into that money market portfolio account and present a letter for it in addition to my Soa?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gizzle85: 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
@MRSDA GTB has a standard format they use. So you'll have to get 3 different documents to fulfil the requirements. A ref letter, a letter of non-indebtedness (takes at least 24 hours) and bank statements. And you apparently need a current account for them to issue the letter.

Wura27:
Hello,

Someone wrote something about statement not being necessary about a week ago. If you guys can transfer to the GT account and get a letter in the exact format required by CIC then I don't think you would be needing a statement showing your account history.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 1:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
Yooku:

This travel history na....So if you do not have "PCC-able" travel history does it have any impact on your application processing?

Don't mind me o. I just feel Ajala travellers gives cic more verification to do due to the different Pcc uploaded.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 1:54pm On Aug 10, 2017
Yooku:

Send email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with your Application ID in subject and give them below information and request to know where your application is being processed at

Surname and Given name(s);
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
Program Type - (Express Entry - FSW Program, PNP , CEC)

Thanks.... so how long dose it take to get a response from them concerning where an application is being processed?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by UdomoLeinad: 1:59pm On Aug 10, 2017
Please when does the pcc expire?

dtush:
ITA documentation gathering in progress.

Police report obtained today at Algbon, references next. No more lounging lunch breaks for me. Lunch break is now documentation waka
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by labelbybee: 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hephgirl:
In d last 10 years if the cumulative is 6 months then u need pcct

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
Raconteur14:

I have a contrary view. Don't reject ITA. They listed it there that if circumstances should change, recalculate and ensure you would still meet the draw cut off. If you would, then delete the trade certificate and move on with the process.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 2:23pm On Aug 10, 2017
XX01:

I have a contrary view. Don't reject ITA. They listed it there that if circumstances should change, recalculate and ensure you would still meet the draw cut off. If you would, then delete the trade certificate and move on with the process.
His CRS will be 433 when he removes the trade certificate, which is less than the CRS for his draw. His ITA came with a draw of 441. Removing the trade certificate drops his point below his draw CRS.
cc: Raconteur14

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by keni: 2:26pm On Aug 10, 2017
XX01:

The question is did an evaluation body assess the trade certificate successfully and issued him an ECA of 2 or more certificates that lead to this ITA? If yes then I dont think he has any issue.

Secondly the difference I have seen between Degree alone and Degree with additional certificate is just one point, am I missing something?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ehrnie:

Hi - My PoF was TBs+ SoA (please note that I had some money in the account).

I'll suggest you use a large part of your money for TBs and also leave some in your account so your SoA isn't zero/insignificant - in as much as we want the money to generate income for us, we should also look at the risk of using ONLY TBs as PoF. My risk level is very low - so I try to be cautious.

It's good to go for the 3 months TBs....and God forbid you don't get ITA soon, then you can keep rolling over the TBs in short tenures.

This is what I would do.

There is no risk with using ONLY TBs as POF since it's an acceptable proof of fund as per IRCC guidelines.

Mine was about 99.9% and there were no issues. The account balances were insignificant.

cc: CAstruggle

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 2:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
Canadianfly:

I remember saying the same thing lol. Just do it now so when you enter the pool and get ITA it will be ready.
I did mine in May before doing IELTS sef. The FBI thing is a headache and gave me sleepless nights as I only submitted one set of fingerprints.

How far with your ECA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nwandy218: 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
Is IOM the best place for medicals in Lagos? Any alternatives please? Also someone should please help with the contact for PCC at Alagbon.

Thanks a lot fam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 2:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
Good day all. I want to know if a married lady can apply as being single,with two kids accompanying. Documents has not been changed to husband's name yet. But there's a marriage certificate from the court. Is this safe to carry out. Pls I need an advice. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 2:54pm On Aug 10, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2017
bbaby84:

I remember saying the same thing lol. Just do it now so when you enter the pool and get ITA it will be ready.
I did mine in May before doing IELTS sef. The FBI thing is a headache and gave me sleepless nights as I only submitted one set of fingerprints.

How far with your ECA?

Yea I've sent off the FBI pcc for myself and the hubby on Tuesday. So the wait begins. I read your post advising against sending 1 set. So I sent 3 each for him and I. Lol so I can sleep like a baby

ECA: My Uni has sent transcripts to WES and so has hubby's. Both accounts have been updated to verification in progress. Took my Uni 3 days to courier it to them, and hubby's Uni just gave WES access to his transcript online, the Digitary route. So hopefully verification will be done by next week. This is the fastest phase I'm prolly gonna encounter on this project as I see this project is not for impatient people cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2017
Remxyj:

Thanks.... so how long dose it take to get a response from them concerning where an application is being processed?

Took 24hrs for mine although they stated some 20 days yeye tins in auto-response cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 2:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
chigrad:
Good day all. I want to know if a married lady can apply as being single,with two kids accompanying. Documents has not been changed to husband's name yet. But there's a marriage certificate from the court. Is this safe to carry out. Pls I need an advice. Thank you

Not advisable pls. You never know how it will come back and bite you one day. Any reason why you want to apply as single?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 2:59pm On Aug 10, 2017
Canadianfly:

I mean i've travelled quite a bit on short trips so none of them warrant a PCC. So my travel history has a few entries there in my application. Do they have to do some verification or checks for those short trips?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 3:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
Yooku:

I mean i've travelled quite a bit on short trips so none of them warrant a PCC. So my travel history has a few entries there in my application. Do they have to do some verification or checks for those short trips?

Nah. You are fine. The CIC website says cumulative of 6 months that's where the wahala is. They even give an illustration of spending 4 months somewhere, leaving then return for another 2 months, that is CUMMULATIVE and a pcc is required. That's how I knew I had to get from the U.S. So calculate your travels to a destination for a CUMMULATIVE period of 6 months. That will help you know which pccs you require.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jaybaby2017: 3:06pm On Aug 10, 2017
You will need to use your visa before it expires or else, the VO will have fun interviewing you. Questions like why you did not use it, etc.

Ehrnie:

I wouldn't know that for sure...BUT I'll prefer to be especially careful rather than taking a risk.

You could ask on the USA visa thread - someone should be able to answer you 100%
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 3:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
40manlappy:

There is no risk with using ONLY TBs as POF since it's an acceptable proof of fund as per IRCC guidelines.

Mine was about 99.9% and there were no issues. The account balances were insignificant.

cc: CAstruggle

Very well noted. Every day's indeed a school day.

Over to you CAstruggle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 3:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
thanks for your response. Hubby will join later,but isn't willing to accompany us because of his business back home. But can't the application fly if single is used instead of married
Yooku:

Not advisable pls. You never know how it will come back and bite you one day. Any reason why you want to apply as single?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsBee: 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
Remxyj:

Please how una dey find out where your file is?

I sent an email.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2017
Yooku:

if none of the short trips sum up to 6 months u r fine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2017
chigrad:
thanks for your response. Hubby will join later,but isn't willing to accompany us because of his business back home. But can't the application fly if single is used instead of married
He doesn't have to stay permanently with u there... He can be travelling back and forth to maintain his PR status.
So therefore u will b d primary applicant..
Note he will do pcc, medicals.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
Kontagious:

His CRS will be 433 when he removes the trade certificate, which is less than the CRS for his draw. His ITA came with a draw of 441. Removing the trade certificate drops his point below his draw CRS.
cc: Raconteur14

The last draw was 433 so she is still in line.

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.