Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2621349 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
MRSDA:

Very helpful, thank you. So are you saying if i have travelled to the UK for 2 weeks at different times, over a period of 10 years, then I need a police certificate from the UK?
Technically you don't need a PCC for that. But anything above 4 months I'm afraid it's best to just get one.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
Wura27:
Nice post @freeradical
[/b]
Just one or two things please, DO NOT PUT WHAT YOU ARE NOT ASKED. If you don't have anything to explain then please you DO NOT need to write an LOE.[b]

Also, DO NOT put unnecessary PC, or any unnecessary information you were not asked because it could even cause unnecessary delays.

"Oyinbos" are very straightforward while we Nigerians tend to like to do oversabi.

Be detailed and concise.

Lastly, be like @freeradical, don't be like Wura27. grin

All the best to you all!
@ Bolded: You are so right Wura27. We must endeavour to keep our application simple. No need to write LOE for what isn't asked for. LOEs are only to explain weak aspects of your application. Example of where one needs a LOE may include; name issues, source of lodgements to your POF, discrepancies amongst your documents (like case of different occupation in marriage cert and other docs) etc

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nkigirl: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
Sister, question no be quarrel or fight. Your first statement was not nice and totally uncalled for.

But I really appreciate that you answered the question and we will check for how we can get it done.

bbaby84:

Are you seriously asking me this question? You are being fraudulent and you keep saying you're not. I might not understand fully the requirements to obtain pcc for that country but I've found out CIC takes time to point you in the right direction.
However if you decide to omit this info and your background check reveals the information you have concealed just say goodbye to Canada for a while. If I were you, I would be asking people who have done how they did it.
Just do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
perks:

ECA still missing in action. I have been calling, sent mails and even fax messages. I have decided to remove my mind and not let it bother me ......
CC: Gliteringstar

Sorry about that sad

Thank God your CRS score is high so it is better you start gathering all your post ITA documents so that you can submit as soon as they send the ECA (or a new ITA if that will be needed).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
XX01:

The eyes have to be open o. Babies these days open their eyes from day1. My first son was held upside down briefly so he was startled awake and that's how his picture was taken. My baby now was tickled awake. His picture still looks like he was furious.

Lollll....True�� New babies no dey close eyes again o, from day one they are already staring at you eyeball to eyeball smiley smiley....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Raconteur14(m): 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
Kontagious:

For Q1. Yes, you can submit even with the money not up to six months in your account. If the inflow you are expecting is huge, please do a gift deed to cover the inflow. You can read up on gift deed on this thread.

Q2. Evaluating bodies do not evaluate trade certificates, but you need to show an ECA for certificates you claimed points for, so your trade certificate is inadmissible here since you did not evaluate it. As you said, if you remove that certificate, you point drops below the draw CRS your got your ITA (I believe that to be 441), if this is the case, you have to decline your ITA and be back in the pool. Hopefully, another draw will happen before your birthday and will be in your favor. You won't be doing this to be on the safe side but to save yourself trauma of your application being rejected cause it will be rejected if your remove that certificate and go ahead submitting.

Thanks for your swift response. I will reject the ITA and hope to get a new one soonest.

Do I need to do a gift deed to cover "huge" dollar cash deposits into a dom account? For naira accounts, I was hoping to get a bulk sum into one of my accounts (that I wont be presenting) and re-routing it through my friends (say like 5 - cool so that it is no longer huge?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
nkigirl:
Sister, question no be quarrel or fight. Your first statement was not nice and totally uncalled for.

But I really appreciate that you answered the question and we will check for how we can get it done.

I better take my own advice about being nice...
Sorry my first statement didn't sound nice to you but I was genuinely asking . Perhaps I thought you were joking.

Sisterly I wish you all the best.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 12:34pm On Aug 10, 2017
Raconteur14:

Thanks for your swift response. I will reject the ITA and hope to get a new one soonest.

Do I need to do a gift deed to cover "huge" dollar cash deposits into a dom account? For naira accounts, I was hoping to get a bulk sum into one of my accounts (that I wont be presenting) and re-routing it through my friends (say like 5 - cool so that it is no longer huge?
I'd assume dollar or naira does not matter but the value of the transaction. Frankly, I don't see any point you being evasive using gift deed. It makes your POF tidier.
If you're presenting a six months statement, even if you make the transfers/deposits come from 10 people, your average and closing balance for the month(s) you got the inflows will be significantly different from previous months.
However, someone recently got away without presenting gift deed for about 67% of her POF which came in weeks before submitting. Disclaimer: Follow this at your peril sir!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 12:39pm On Aug 10, 2017
nkigirl:
Even if there are stamps on his passport, are you required to scan every single page of your passport. All 32/64 pages?

Please this is really important. We are not trying to be fraudulent. But if we can omit this info, it's better.

Hmmmmm....
But u will end up submitting the passport for ppr right?
Why do u wanna spend money and get to d last stage and get rejected?...
Canada is very very thorough.. This has been over emphasized on the thread... So my advice is be as transparent as ever.. Misrepresentation is ban...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by EJIZY: 12:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
Thanx so much for this write up.

freeradical:
What a glorious CRS cut off score. I spent close to 6months on 433 with my first EE profile searching for ITA but it wouldn't come grin

Congratulations to all our new ITA holders, yimiton, dammiehar, XX01, et al. I know you guys expect to get speedy processing of your eAPR to PPR and so I've decided to help you with a few advice from my own experience. My timeline from AOR to PPR is just 46days which is quite impressive and something I'd wish for you guys to replicate. Now my advice to you goes as follows. Brace up its gonna be a long read

1. Getting ITA is a big deal but it's not so much of a big deal if u don't package your application well and it gets rejected. So use only 24 hours to celebrate dis ITA after which you have to settle down, snap out of the euphoria(you are not in Canada yet grin) and focus on submitting your eAPR without making any costly error that may mar your chances.

2. Even though we know that ultimately d divine controls the speed of every application yet you must do your utmost best in packaging your application carefully. As much as you can, get the documents in d format specified by CIC. Start now to disturb your bankers for the reference letters and your employers for the work reference letter. From my experience, you save d VO time and make their work easier when you submit documents in the recommended CIC format and they reward that with a fast processing.

3. PCCs are very vital and you should know by now what PCCs you need to provide. To be on the safe side any country you have spent a cumulative period of 3-4 months from when you were born till now just start now to process your PCC from them. VOs r very unforgiving with PCCs and sometimes they interprete the laws around PCCs in ways we can't truly understand. If you are like me that have never enter international flight before (I.e no travel history) then u are safe but for all the ajalas in the house, the chicken has come home to roost grin

4. Do not be in a hurry to get AOR, thereby rushing to submit. Take your time to ensure that you include every document in your checklist and in the right file format. Always cross check that your uploads are still intact even at the point of submission. It's not really by AOR but by how fast you move from AOR to PPR. Some July AOR peeps are already with PPR while we still got some April AORs languishing in IP1. So don't let the race to get AOR get to you.

5. Avoid ADRs. If it means waiting till the final week of your 90precious days it's safer to wait it out and submit your application with that document you know will be requested. ADRs have a way of unnecessarily delaying the movement of your file. The best time to send CIC documents is before AOR so be proactive enough to prevent anything that will make then ask after. For example if you know you have been refused visa to some country, nothing stops u from filling a schedule A form proactively even before it is asked.

6. Use your LOE very well. The LOE is a powerful weapon that you must use very well to your favour. If you do an unbiased self assessment of your application, you will note the areas where your application appears to be weak. It's almost likely that the VO will come to this same conclusion as you. That's where a good LOE does wonders. You can use your LOE to politely explain and provide further detail to the VO. What u r actually doing is subtly allaying his doubts about this weak part of your application. This helps the guy to make a favorable decision on your case. The trick to writing a good LOE is being honest, polite and MOST IMPORTANTLY attaching a document to buttress your point or as evidence. Also you can write as many LOEs and attached documents to each even though there is one placeholder for LOE. That's where your PDF merger comes in. Merge all the LOEs into one single file and attach.

7. Raising CSEs is a bad, bad thing!Avoid anything that will also make you to start disturbing your application midway after AOR by having to raise a CSE. Examples are getting married, adding a baby etc. Though most times these stuffs are beyond our control but as much as you can try to avoid entering such situations because it will delay your application. If you know you want to marry that man/woman then make the decision and get married already even before you secure ITA. I've seen some people's application getting delayed because they have to include spouse. If you r expecting a baby and your due date is before the 90days post ITA period,its best you wait for the child and include him before AOR. This exactly was my case. I had ITA Apr 12th and my wife's EDD was May 12th. I decided to wait for the baby. I made every arrangements for his passport with the immigration agent( the guy thought I was crazy trying to do passport for a child yet unborn grin), but alas baby came early on May 5th. My son got his passport May 12th or so and we got AOR June 19th.
So my point is as much as we can control these events let's try our best.

8. Finally just keep praying as though everything depends on your prayers but not your work and try not to be overly anxious. Who anxiety EPP sef.

I wish you guys a smooth PPR journey from here on.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 12:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
threadstone:
Thats how wes sent a mail saying masters doc have been accepted but they've sent a mail requesting for verification for my BSc Transcript (I dont know who send dem message as I only requested to evaluate masters only.) Probably because my school sent both transcripts as both degrees came from there.

However after tweeting, calling, faxing and mailing their customer care all day yesterday saying they should focus on what i requested for, status changed to evaluation in progress in the evening grin. iss laik this people dont know we want to swim soon grin
Your post is quite funny especially the bolded grin
Just one question though, has WES received verification of the masters transcript?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 12:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Sorry about that sad

Thank God your CRS score is high so it is better you start gathering all your post ITA documents so that you can submit as soon as they send the ECA (or a new ITA if that will be needed).

Am telling u. If not maybe blood pressure for don dey skyrocket. cheesy The date on d ECA will determine my course of action. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 12:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ehrnie:

Of course not....it is not an issue. The issue is if the USA visa expires and you haven't used it at all....and that's issue with your subsequent USA visas and not CAN visas.
it's still not an issue. Hubby had US visa he didn't use and it expired and he did drop box and got visa

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 12:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
Dammiehar:

Thank you so much. I am so glad I applied for my FBI PCC in May with faith, I should get it this month hopefully.
This sort of proactivity is exactly what I'm advocating for. Well done!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2017
vcole:
Hello everyone. Can't believe the thread is over 700 pages long. @40manlappy, @ugoiyke, @esosa4real @boldinc @onlineise @dupyshoo and others my brain fit Don forget to mention, how market? I fit beg for small summary of notable "events" from una? grin
long time madam. How is canny land? You must have put to bed by now. You have many gist to give us here for all your long absence

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2017
40manlappy:
Some abbreviations:

AVO - Accra Visa Office
PCC - Police Clearance Certificate
FSW - Federal Skill Worker
EE - Express Entry
ITA- Invitation To Apply
PPR - Passport Requirement
MR - Medical Request
POF - Proof of Fund
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System
NOC - National Occupation Clarification
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt
PER- Positive Eligibility Review
COPR Confirmation of Permanent Residence
PEI Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration
AOR   Acknowledgement of receipt letter.
BDEC Background Decision
CC    Credit Card
CHC   Canadian High Commission – refers to the Canadian embassies, Visa offices, and Consulates.
CIC   Citizenship and Immigration, Canada – the umbrella body which governs both CIO and local CHC offices
CIO   Centralized Intake Office in Sydney Nova Scotia – where you sent your application. Sometimes it is mentioned as CIU (Centralized Intake Unit).
DD   Demand Draft (Bank Draft / Certified Cheque / Money Order)
ECA   Educational Credential Assessment
ECAS   Client Application Status, an official CIC service which allows to view the status of your application on-line
FD    Fixed Deposit
SLU Second Level Update
FILE BF'D TO   File Brought Forward date
FINDEC   Financial Decision
FOSS   is a central database of applications
GCMS   Global Case Management System
IMMCAT   Immigration Category
JD   Job Description
M01-M07   level of Medical assessment. M01 means perfect
MEDDEC   Medical Decision
MI Ministerial Instructions
MR   Medical Examination Request
NCR   No Criminal Record
NOC   National Occupation Classification
OREQ   Other Requirement
PCC   Police Clearance Certificate
PER   Confirmation of Positive Eligibility Review from CIO
PI    Principal Immigrant
POF   Proof of Funds
PPR   Passport Request
PPS   point at paper screening stage
PS    Prescreen (another explanation is Paper selection)
PSDEC   Paper Selection Decision
RPRF   Right of Permanent Residence Fees
SEC CRIM   Security criminal
SELDEC   Selection Decision
SS   This spreadsheet
SW1   Skill Worker 1
UCI   Unique Client Identifier, an 8-digit identification number. People usually get it from CIC in a PER confirmation
VO    Visa Office
RBVO   Received by Visa Office
XREF   Cross referenced applicant
PR- Permanent Residency
NA Not Applicable
IP In Progress (1 or 2) and refers to the status of your background check
NBG Next Step is to Conduct a Background Check
BOWP Bridging Open Work Permit
PGWP Post Graduation Work Permit
CSIS Canadian Security Intelligence Service

#Copied

@Abbylee

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 12:44pm On Aug 10, 2017
Please, is there another thread for PNP/EE applicants? Besides me and @Afamdi, is there any other PNP applicant here? please, share ur timelines, especially FEB/MAR 2017 AOR. PNP PPRs also.

PNP slow sha kai!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtush(f): 12:47pm On Aug 10, 2017
boldinc:
I doubt that can be done... But if that's the case, you can go ahead and apply for his student visa.

With regards to your POF, after payment of his fees, would you still have the required amount required for your family size? Not sure a projected income would work.

Yes, i would. I will include my projected income in his student application just to increase his chances

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 12:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
MrsBee:

We Sydney club members are many then. Hahahaha.

Group hug and prayers for Sydney movement!! @noviolence @deeore (sent you a PM pls) grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2017
perks:

Am telling u. If not maybe blood pressure for don dey skyrocket. cheesy The date on d ECA will determine my course of action. Thanks anyway.

Lol grin

All will be well!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hephgirl:
it's still not an issue. Hubby had US visa he didn't use and it expired and he did drop box and got visa

Ok - but when it comes to Visa issues, its better to err on the side of caution. It worked for A doesn't mean that's the norm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2017
redocean:

Thanks for the very elaborate guidance.

On PCC, will it be required from principal sponsor and dependant (wife) ?
@bbaby84 has answered your question. Both PA and dependents need PCC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ehrnie:

Of course not....it is not an issue. The issue is if the USA visa expires and you haven't used it at all....and that's issue with your subsequent USA visas and not CAN visas.
You mean if I have a US visa I didn't use at all for 2 years, then it'll be a problem getting renewal?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2017
Canadianfly:

Aww you're such a caring fiancee oh. Just a suggestion though, can't he register on here and get answers for himself since it's his application? And he'll be getting 1st hand info, rather than passing in message that might get lost in transit.
Another thing, since his plan is to submit November 1st, don't you think yall can do registry or something to avoid adding you as spouse in future and delay his application...as suggested by freeradical a few pages back. I mean you guys already want to get married, just have a registry and be included in his application as a dependent, then yall can have the big weddig later on. Avoid unnecessary long story on his application.
Thanks @Canadianfly for buttressing my point. If they know they want to spend their lives together let them go ahead and do a registry wedding and enter the pool together before ITA. Saves them all the stress later on.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 1:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
CAstruggle:
@Ehrnie I need you assistance.

I want to convert my POF into treasury bills(3months) instead of it sitting idle in my account, i came across your post sometime back on this thread. I have my POF in my account, i am expecting my IELTS and WES results next week before i can get into the pool.

My question is can i use Treasury Bills alone as POF?, although i will also attach my SOA and bank letter along. How did you go about yours?

Hi - My PoF was TBs+ SoA (please note that I had some money in the account).

I'll suggest you use a large part of your money for TBs and also leave some in your account so your SoA isn't zero/insignificant - in as much as we want the money to generate income for us, we should also look at the risk of using ONLY TBs as PoF. My risk level is very low - so I try to be cautious.

It's good to go for the 3 months TBs....and God forbid you don't get ITA soon, then you can keep rolling over the TBs in short tenures.

This is what I would do.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtush(f): 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
ITA documentation gathering in progress.

Police report obtained today at Algbon, references next. No more lounging lunch breaks for me. Lunch break is now documentation waka

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2017
cochtrane:

You mean if I have a US visa I didn't use at all for 2 years, then it'll be a problem getting renewal?

I wouldn't know that for sure...BUT I'll prefer to be especially careful rather than taking a risk.

You could ask on the USA visa thread - someone should be able to answer you 100%
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 1:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
MrsBee:

Mine is at CIO too. I wonder how long it will be there for. NA2 since 26th.

Please how una dey find out where your file is?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by threadstone(m): 1:13pm On Aug 10, 2017
Kontagious:

Your post is quite funny especially the bolded grin
Just one question though, has WES received verification of the masters transcript?

Yes, so thats why i wondered why they will request for a new verification weeks after they received one. well to close all loopholes in due time, I pushed it to a friend for follow up verification mail response from my school so im not even sure how many degrees will be evaluated in the end.

make dem sha do proper na my own.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
Remxyj:

God is indeed Faithful.... Are you a single applicant with no travel history? Cos your timeline is amazing and I tap into that grace and favour grin grin

This travel history na....So if you do not have "PCC-able" travel history does it have any impact on your application processing?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 1:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
Remxyj:

Please how una dey find out where your file is?

Send email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with your Application ID in subject and give them below information and request to know where your application is being processed at

Surname and Given name(s);
Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD);
Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number;
Program Type - (Express Entry - FSW Program, PNP , CEC)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by CAstruggle(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2017
I believe 5m worth of TB + 2m left in my account (Would be paying for myself and spouse application fee and ROPR from it) is fine?

Ehrnie:

Hi - My PoF was TBs+ SoA (please note that I had some money in the account).

I'll suggest you use a large part of your money for TBs and also leave some in your account so your SoA isn't zero/insignificant - in as much as we want the money to generate income for us, we should also look at the risk of using ONLY TBs as PoF. My risk level is very low - so I try to be cautious.

It's good to go for the 3 months TBs....and God forbid you don't get ITA soon, then you can keep rolling over the TBs in short tenures.

This is what I would do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.