Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,013 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (783) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2608213 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cannybabe: 7:13am On Aug 13, 2017
40manlappy:

In that case, if all attempts to obtain another copy fails, let me suggest a modification to the list of documents that you intended to submit as proof of your marriage as follows;

1. AFFIDAVIT OF MARRIAGE
2. POLICE REPORT OF STOLEN VEHICLE that listed the marriage certificate as one the missing documents.
3. LOE FOR THIS, properly worded, stating the efforts you have made to obtain another copy without success. If possible, attach an evidence. Can you get a letter from RCCG?
4. WEDDING PICTURES

IRCC agents have seen a lot of applications which I think may be a reason for their flexibility and reasonableness sometimes. Of course, each application is different

For example, there is someone whose 50% of POF is in her child's name. She has had the treasury bill (TB) for about 2 years and didn't want to liquidate it when she got ITA because maturity date was still far away.

She simply obtained 1 year bank statement of the account from where the TB was invested, the TB certificate, reference letter from the bank that indicated that she is the sole signatory to the account and added the birth certificate of the child showing that she is the parent.

She merged the aforementioned documents into a single file and supported with a properly worded LOE. The outcome? She got PPR without a single ADR!

Meanwhile, I haven't come across anywhere on CIC website where it is expressly stated that POF can be in your child's name. Do you catch my drift?

In this journey, we may need to be creative at times. Also, IRCC is comfortable with sworn affidavits. See screenshots below to buttress this.

Above all, it is necessary to entrust our applications into God's hands having done our "possible" best.

Ok, I understand you. Thank you so much, I appreciate this. I will go back there and try again. If they are still adamant, I will request for a letter from them, they should oblige. God bless you abundantly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cannybabe: 7:14am On Aug 13, 2017
yemdogg:

Apologies for my tone ma'am. Ema binu ma. grin I didn't mean to be rude or harsh. It wasn't intentional. I was trying to help. Much love. grin

I think @40manlappy has adequately proffered solutions to your queries.

No problem, I understand. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:15am On Aug 13, 2017
That would not cause any problems. I did same. EE profile had all the work experience, but I took them out after ITA... Moved them to personal history. I would have still been tryna get some work reference by now.

cc: MRSDA

40manlappy:

A few guys on this thread have had a similar challenge and treated the matter as initially advised. I would have mentioned at least one so he/she can validate this but I can't recall their monikers now.

If obtaining the employment reference will make you sleep easy, please go ahead.

cc: boldinc

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:15am On Aug 13, 2017
You can do it as well, if you book directly from the airline's website... The maximum you can hold it for is 24 - 48 hours.

esosa4real:

Lolz, na molue u wan use go canada be that oh!!

BTW guys, how do yall book a flight for some time without paying? Is it only agents who can do this??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 7:21am On Aug 13, 2017
boldinc:
You can do it as well, if you book directly from the airline's website... The maximum you can hold it for is 24 - 48 hours.

Nah dats short!

I mean longer periods, I guess only agents can do that from deir softwares
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:27am On Aug 13, 2017
Agents can't hold it any longer either... Only if the ticket is issued or you pay a deposit, depending on your relationship with the agent.

esosa4real:

Nah dats short!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 7:27am On Aug 13, 2017
JustinTrudeau:
Yes i'm here

Your PM grin grin

Oga Prime Minister, you don get ITA so? Quick talk, make we know how we go take hellep u........lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 7:37am On Aug 13, 2017
Request for a CERTIFIED TRUE COPY (CTC) @ the Registry. Dont say replacement or a new one ask for a CTC of the stolen one.

quote author=Cannybabe post=59419336]

Thanks for responding, yes, the police report lists the marriage certificate as one of the missing documents, that was why I thought about including in it in the first place. Maybe I will try harder with both the church and registry and see where that gets me before concluding on what to do.
Thanks again
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 8:28am On Aug 13, 2017
My Uni in Wales was free!

einsteino:

you mean the much you were charged is £12 (6000naira)? UNN charged me 35k for transcript, one would think overseas institutions would charge a foot and an arm for it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teeboy95: 8:36am On Aug 13, 2017
Dammiehar:

Yes but didn't get much on how to go about it

Have you checked CIC's website for information?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 8:40am On Aug 13, 2017
Kyaggy:

Thanks boss. I have actually done the online registration. My challenge is that, I bank with UBA. The question is...
1. Can I do an online transfer from UBA to the British Council account or, does it have to be either or First, GTB and Zenith?
2. What's that stuff with reference number? Is it same reference number for all abi do I get another reference number?
3. Should I send someone to any of those banks or can I just look for someone that banks with the any of the mentioned banks?

Shukran

Please read and understand it carefully. You are muddling it up. This is your first IELTS testing oh grin

If you are paying FROM Zenith, GTB and First Bank, do bank transfer TO Standard Chartered Bank to the account name, British Council, then your own 99---- number as account number, with your reference number.
Since you have UBA, the answer is NO. You can't do bank transfer. It has to be cash deposit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by einsteino(m): 8:46am On Aug 13, 2017
folamingo:
Mine from University of Wales and Babcock University were free!

kiss i have spent so far 85k on transcript! although the entire process is online and cost of courier is shouldered by the university.. still coughing out 35k for each transcript addressed overseas and 15k within nigeria is just annoying. even worst if you need two copies to be delivered to the same place, it cost 70k!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 8:50am On Aug 13, 2017
esosa4real:

Nah dats short!

Lol which yeye software. Please don't let anyone act like Michael Knight for you.

You can only hold tickets for 24-48 hours. Except some airlines that ask you pay a holding fee, like Lufthansa. Which is what some of these agents do and add that fee on top what they charge you. Besides booking your own ticket is cheaper than using an agent. Agent must eat so they put their lunch money on top what they quote you. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 8:51am On Aug 13, 2017
That's Naija for you. I paid £6 for the last transcript I ordered from my uni. When it was time for me to order for my undergraduate transcript from a Naija uni, I knew I was in for hell. With so much calls and begging and of course some cash spent I got it after a month.
I need to learn to stop complaining about naija . I am simply fed up.

einsteino:

you mean the much you were charged is £12 (6000naira)? UNN charged me 35k for transcript, one would think overseas institutions would charge a foot and an arm for it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 9:00am On Aug 13, 2017
Canadianfly:

Lol which yeye software. Please don't let anyone act like Michael Knight for you.

You can only hold tickets for 24-48 hours. Except some airlines that ask you pay a holding fee, like Lufthansa. Which is what some of these agents do and add that fee on top what they charge you. Besides booking your own ticket is cheaper than using an agent. Agent must eat so they put their lunch money on top what they quote you. grin

That's why am asking how to do it! I buy tickets directly though!

But if it's tickets am not sure of my time of travel or for visa applications, I use an agent and they held tickets for me for as long as two weeks and was without a fee.

Ofcourse they use amadeus software and they are able to hold tickets longer than 48hrs without paying the airline. Don't forget they have direct relationships with the airlines.....

Anyways, I was wondering if it was possible we can do same, like hold a ticket for a week or more and seems there is no way except paying.

That's what I wanna know, not for 48hrs!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 9:05am On Aug 13, 2017
boldinc:
Agents can't hold it any longer either... Only if the ticket is issued or you pay a deposit, depending on your relationship with the agent.

Okay I see now!!

I guess it's depending on the relationship like u said.

Cos my aunt held tickets for me in the past for 2weeks and even more for trips I had no tentative dates! Sometimes I even cancel at the end at no charge....lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Asihanmi: 9:30am On Aug 13, 2017
Hello House, my spouse and I intend writing IELTS September 30th next month. Our second attempt. It is GENERAL IELTS for the purpose of express entry though. Our work schedule is so tight but we plan to take the bull by its horn as we have procrastinated for too long. So I need your assistance for materials. We will be fine if we can have overall scores of 7.05-9.
I need urgent help for materials. Tried going online but there isn't enough materials. Your urgent help is required and would be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:02am On Aug 13, 2017
boldinc:
That would not cause any problems. I did same. EE profile had all the work experience, but I took them out after ITA... Moved them to personal history. I would have still been tryna get some work reference by now.

cc: MRSDA

Thanks for stepping in. I had suspected that either you or Bimpsy99 had done same.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 10:20am On Aug 13, 2017
Asihanmi:
Hello House, my spouse and I intend writing IELTS September 30th next month. Our second attempt. It is GENERAL IELTS for the purpose of express entry though. Our work schedule is so tight but we plan to take the bull by its horn as we have procrastinated for too long. So I need your assistance for materials. We will be fine if we can have overall scores of 7.05-9.
I need urgent help for materials. Tried going online but there isn't enough materials. Your urgent help is required and would be appreciated.

You tried to go online but there isn't enough materials? I think you should check again. There's a wealth of material online to rival the hold at the library of Congress.

Check the following sites or you can just google them:
Mini-ielts.com - you can practice reading and listening here
Ieltzliz.com - check here for tips
Ieltzbuddy - check for tips and practice materials
Ieltsallears - more tips, especially on speaking
Ielts-exam.net - for exam samples

YouTube
You can find more than a 100 listening and speaking samples there.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 10:47am On Aug 13, 2017
esosa4real:

Hahahahaha I thought I was the only one using the instantstreet app to view canada......mehn I feel your pain, chai

As I dey talk 2 u, I don dey view my neighbours dem for d app...lol

Pls u get any way to see houses for rent and search dem for the app? Like any site to get exact addressess??

Morning bro.

I basically use the following

** kijiji.ca
** viewit.ca
** Oral referrals: friends/relatives/nairaland fam
** Google neighbourhood ratings.
** and other open sources...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 10:57am On Aug 13, 2017
einsteino:

kiss i have spent so far 85k on transcript! although the entire process is online and cost of courier is shouldered by the university.. still coughing out 35k for each transcript addressed overseas and 15k within nigeria is just annoying. even worst if you need two copies to be delivered to the same place, it cost 70k!

Wow! Na wa o. This why I didn't bother with my own degree. Naija we hail!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irewole1: 11:01am On Aug 13, 2017
The Canny squad! You can try any of the airlines on promo canny return tickets, this sometimes could be cheaper than one way tickets! Best of luck.

freeradical:
My brother na d exact same thing wey dey scatter my brain here. We r also a family of four like yours. Never knew air fares r this exorbitant sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kyaggy(f): 11:19am On Aug 13, 2017
Canadianfly:

Please read and understand it carefully. You are muddling it up. This is your first IELTS testing oh grin

If you are paying FROM Zenith, GTB and First Bank, do bank transfer TO Standard Chartered Bank to the account name, British Council, then your own 99---- number as account number, with your reference number.
Since you have UBA, the answer is NO. You can't do bank transfer. It has to be cash deposit.

Invariably, I can make the bank transfer from someone else's account that uses either of those banks. Am I right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by slyman187: 11:19am On Aug 13, 2017
Hello house. I appreciate the constant help provided in here but i'm here with some fresh dilemma.

This is regarding the work experience letter. My company HR declined my request for the letter saying they do not issue such.

Please what can i do?

I have my employment letter and duty change memos which carry my Job Title which i claimed NOC points for.

I also have my payslips which indicate the department i worked.

My company HR issued a generic introduction letter which only mentions that i'm a staff, date i joined and my annual salary on letter head.

My thoughts are to get my supervisor at work to sign a letter written in CIC requested format NOT ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD PAPER. If i get it attested and notarized can it fly?

Please i need your opinions elders in the house. Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2017
Kyaggy:

Invariably, I can make the bank transfer from someone else's account that uses either of those banks. Am I right?

angry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 13, 2017
Kyaggy:

Thanks boss. I have actually done the online registration. My challenge is that, I bank with UBA. The question is...
1. Can I do an online transfer from UBA to the British Council account or, does it have to be either or First, GTB and Zenith?
2. What's that stuff with reference number? Is it same reference number for all abi do I get another reference number?
3. Should I send someone to any of those banks or can I just look for someone that banks with the any of the mentioned banks?

Shukran

Hello Kyaggy,

1. I don't think you can make the transfer from UBA as the instruction says either FIRST BANK , GTBANK OR ZENITH BANK.

2. To formulate the account number, you have to follow the instruction that British Council stated. i.e the number you get is dependent on the location you choose, the month you want to write your exam and the last two digits of your international passport.

3. For the bank transfer, it is better to make the payment using your name because you will need to send your evidence of payment to British Council. On the other hand, you can send someone that you trust to raise a bank draft in favour of British Council. You will send the cash to the person and also give your details to the person . The person will take it to any nearest British Council's office.

Best regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 11:38am On Aug 13, 2017
Dears,

I have a Canadian dependent who lives here with us in Nigeria. He was not requested to do medical as there was also no placeholder to upload it and after submission of the eAPR, his name was also not listed as one of the dependents where UCI is placed against each name. When we paid the fees, his also came automatically as part of the total fees and we paid.

My question is that, has anyone with Canadian dependent experienced same situation? Should we also pay the fees for dependent that already has Canadian citizenship?. Thanks for your response in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 13, 2017
Kyaggy:

Yes or send someone the cash to raise drafts and submit to British council's office. U can even courier it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2017
I can guarantee you that even the agents can't hold tickets beyond 24-48hrs without paying. It's very bad business for the airlines. What the agents don't tell you is that they just keep cancelling and re-booking for you, especially when you are certain you will be traveling... And in many cases, they make more money of you if the rates are different at the time they actually pay for the ticket.

esosa4real:

Okay I see now!!

I guess it's depending on the relationship like u said.

Cos my aunt held tickets for me in the past for 2weeks and even more for trips I had no tentative dates! Sometimes I even cancel at the end at no charge....lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 13, 2017
walexlo78:
Dears,

I have a Canadian dependent who lives here with us in Nigeria. He was not requested to do medical as there was also no placeholder to upload it and after submission of the eAPR, his name was also not listed as one of the dependents where UCI is placed against each name. When we paid the fees, his also came automatically as part of the total fees and we paid.

My question is that, has anyone with Canadian dependent experienced same situation? Should we also pay the fees for dependent that already has Canadian citizenship?. Thanks for your response in advance.
No, u should not have paid. Ask for a refund.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigfido: 11:42am On Aug 13, 2017
It feels so good going to burn your sorrows.. Maybe I shouldn't burn it?

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:43am On Aug 13, 2017
Yes, you can get your supervisor to sign the letter you draft, but you need to print in on the letter headed paper... That should not be difficult for you or supervisor to get a hold of. That's what my wife did.

Try avoiding the notary if you can.

slyman187:
Hello house. I appreciate the constant help provided in here but i'm here with some fresh dilemma.

This is regarding the work experience letter. My company HR declined my request for the letter saying they do not issue such.

Please what can i do?

I have my employment letter and duty change memos which carry my Job Title which i claimed NOC points for.

I also have my payslips which indicate the department i worked.

My company HR issued a generic introduction letter which only mentions that i'm a staff, date i joined and my annual salary on letter head.

My thoughts are to get my supervisor at work to sign a letter written in CIC requested format NOT ON COMPANY LETTERHEAD PAPER. If i get it attested and notarized can it fly?

Please i need your opinions elders in the house. Many thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.