Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? (3253 Views)

Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos / If You Cook For Your Wife Heaven Will Not Fall!" Nigerian Lawyer Writes / His Newly Wedded Wife Won't Cook For Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by amtheone(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2015
Mehn, cooking can be stressful sha. I decided to cook for my family today. I had to wake up very early today, did the washing after which I headed to the market. Market environment was something else because of the rain.

I had to find my way around, price items according to my power and paid outrightly for some items that I couldnt price.

Back to the house, at this moment I was a bit tired but I had to finish what I started. Straight to the kitchen, picked the waterleaf, cut perewinkle(mfi), prepared all the ingredients and then set out for the main cooking. Mehn, I spent almost 3hours(women una dey try ohhh). I couldnt believe that I spent that amount of time in the kitchen. Ohhh, I almost forgot, our little angel was very helpful in the kitchen with her dad, though she almost pour the oil away. Lol.

Im so happy, the soup(editang) came out exactly the way we wanted it, lol. I would have loved to upload some pix here, but I am not allowed, lol.

Ladies, how do you feel to see your husband doing the cooking and serve you at the end of the day?

Men, read and share your cooking experience

10 Likes

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by WorldGreatest1(m): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2015
I cook only when my wife is not at home.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by babywhite(f): 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
hmmm African men sabi cook? haven't seen my dad in kitchen
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by kossyablaze(m): 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2015
Hmmmmm last nyt

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by ernesty20(m): 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2015
I am not married
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by lilmax(m): 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2015
Your choice undecided
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by cococandy(f): 1:54pm On Sep 26, 2015
Ladies, how do you feel to see your husband doing the cooking and serve you at the end of the day?
Nice of course.

OP talk true shey Na once in a yr cooking you dey do abi? grin
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by 5minsmadness: 1:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
Op is an Aje butter.

So you find it stressful going to market? And why can't u price?
. Anyway, it's not bad sha, you're a man.
. Me, my gf had to threaten me to stop going to market o.
I thought her how to cook most of our African soups, though I'll admit she's better at it now than I am.

I cook for both of us on Sundays. But then I love cooking, it's creation to me. I like creating dishes.

After all the gra gra above I can't remember when last I cooked oh grin Guess am getting lazy.

6 Likes

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Cadamlk: 1:56pm On Sep 26, 2015
babywhite:
hmmm African men sabi cook? haven't seen my dad in kitchen
What do you take African men for?Are we that bad? I still cooked for my family this morning now

4 Likes

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 26, 2015
cococandy:

Nice of course.

Even when the food doesn't taste nice married women would still say it tastes awesome. Women are always afraid to speak their minds! grin undecided
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by babywhite(f): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
Cadamlk:
What do you take African men for?Are we that bad? I still cooked for my family this morning now
things are changing, but not all men cook both single and not
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by cococandy(f): 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
all4naija:

Even when the food doesn't taste nice married women would still say it tastes awesome. Women are always afraid to speak their minds! grin undecided
Yea but there may be different reasons for that. Most likely is that the man may not be the type to like cooking but is doing it to please his wife and relieve her of some stress. You expect her to still complain that the food doesn't taste nice? Naa.
She will appreciate it anyhow it is and help him improve with time.
In fact it's the same with some men. They will appreciate the wife's cooking whether delicious or not.
It's not about being afraid to speak their mind, it's about what matters more. Which is the effort they put into it.
Praise before criticism

6 Likes

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by cococandy(f): 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2015
Cadamlk:
lol. Nairaland is spoiling you people's image cheesy
Sorry.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2015
cococandy:

Yea but there may be different reasons for that. Most likely is that the man may not be the type to like cooking but is doing it to please his wife and relieve her of some stress. You expect her to still complain that the food doesn't taste nice? Naa.
She will appreciate it anyhow it is and help him improve with time.
In fact it's the same with some men. They will appreciate the wife's cooking whether delicious or not.
It's not about being afraid to speak their mind, it's about what matters more. Which is the effort they put into it.
Praise before criticism
That makes sense. That would look like a deceit to me. He wants to prove something and makes mistakes to cook a tasteless meal. I don't see anything wrong in telling him the truth about it that it doesn't taste awesome. Tell him he should have asked you to show him how to do it better. Must women always be the cook? Jeez! I am glad I can cook very well now! cool
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2015
Cadamlk:
You are possibly not a married African man. Most married Nigerian men are arrogant and think cooking is women duty. Smh...
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by amtheone(m): 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2015
cococandy:

Nice of course.

Lol. No, but today's cooking is different.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by cococandy(f): 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
all4naija:

That makes sense. That would look like a deceit to me. He wants to prove something and makes mistakes to cook a tasteless meal. I don't see anything wrong in telling him the truth about it that it doesn't taste awesome. Tell him he should have asked you to show him how to do it better. Must women always be the cook? Jeez! I am glad I can cook very well now! cool
Well appreciation first before criticism.

I didn't say not tell him but with tact. And this applies to when women cook too. So yes a woman must not be the cook.
Whoever did the cooking must be appreciated first before you start telling them it's tasteless.
And you have to eat it too grin

Well I'm happy you've learned to cook but how can I believe you when you refuse to post the pics in that kitchen thread?

1 Like

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by cococandy(f): 2:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
amtheone:

Lol. No, but today's cooking is different.
Aww. Ok.

More power to your elbow.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by MrHighSea: 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
Cooking? Nah. I rather clean d haus, fetch 3OO ltrs of water n leg 1km errands. Nt maried sha. TO D FUTURE WIFE-no mata au busy u r, d haus must b clean.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Dojupyo(f): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
Some africa men can cook shaa.. My Dad is no1...
Anyways, am here to read comments from NL married men
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
cococandy:

Well appreciation first before criticism.

I didn't say not tell him but with tact. And this applies to when women cook too. So yes a woman must not be the cook.
Whoever did the cooking must be appreciated first before you start telling them it's tasteless.
And you have to eat it too grin

Well I'm happy you've learned to cook but how can I believe you when you refuse to post the pics in that kitchen thread?
You are going to coaxing him into realizing he cooks tasteless food. Women like to take the long way out though calm but discouraging. Why don't you say it to him funnily instead so that he can improve on preparing good meal?

I would only swallow little of the stateless food and tell her that I am full. Tasteless meal doesn't work well on my tongue. Harsh...

Yes, I can cook very well now but I have no excuse or whatsoever not to post images on the kitchen thread. Perhaps, the ladies there would be surprised I can cook good food or something else.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by cococandy(f): 3:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
all4naija:

You are going to coaxing him into realizing he cooks tasteless food. Women like to take the long way out though calm but discouraging. Why don't you say it to him funnily instead so that he can improve on preparing good meal?

I would only swallow little of the stateless food and tell her that I am full. Tasteless meal doesn't work well on my tongue. Harsh...

Yes, I can cook very well now but I have no excuse or whatsoever not to post images on the kitchen thread. Perhaps, the ladies there would be surprised I can cook good food or something else.
@bold, yes you don't wink
So I'm waiting for the pix.

@the rest, well to whom it may concern. That's a good method too. Say it in a 'fun' way that's what I meant by tact.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
cococandy:

@bold, yes you don't wink
So I'm waiting for the pix.

@the rest, well to whom it may concern. That's a good method too. Say it in a 'fun' way that's what I meant by tact.
Hahaha... You just want me to post image of what I can cook. You are very curious on how my food would look like. Jeez! I don't have any image of the food I cooked by myself at the moment. I ate everything already.

Can I post Google image of exactly the same food I cooked last?
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by cococandy(f): 3:19pm On Sep 26, 2015
all4naija:

Hahaha... You just want me to post image of what I can cook. You are very curious on how my food would look like. Jeez! I don't have any image of the food I cooked by myself at the moment. I ate everything already.

Can I post Google image of exactly the same food I cooked last?
No. Post whenever you cook.
I can wait.
That our thread is going nowhere.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2015
cococandy:

No. Post whenever you cook.
I can wait.
That our thread is going nowhere.
Actually, I stop posting in that thread since I have some squabbles with a lady there. I sometime run away from furious ladies and never to return back.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by pet4ril(f): 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2015
Interesting
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by cococandy(f): 3:25pm On Sep 26, 2015
all4naija:

Actually, I stop posting in that thread since I have some squabbles with a lady there. I sometime run away from furious ladies and never to return back.
You ran away? grin
You looked for trouble and ran away when it came to find you abi?
Come back joor.

NL squabbles aren't new. We miss you.
The thread is not that much fun these days.

You need to come and pick on some people again to get the flow back on.
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
cococandy:

You ran away? grin
You looked for trouble and ran away when it came to find you abi?
Come back joor.

NL squabbles aren't new. We miss you.
The thread is not that much fun these days.

You need to come and pick on some people again to get the flow back on.
The lady was too tough on me. I've got to run on my two feet very fast! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by cococandy(f): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2015
all4naija:
The lady was too tough on me. I've got to run on my two feet very fast! grin grin grin grin grin
Chicken grin
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2015
cococandy:

Chicken grin
Yes, more like chicken out of the situation!

1 Like

Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by armyofone(m): 4:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
So the critics ran away grin

Contrary to what many people think, cooking is not easy. So it is really nice for a family man to cook too. Op, keep it up wink.

all4naija:
Re: Wow! Married Men When Last Did You Cook For Your Family? by Ewuro4: 4:07pm On Sep 26, 2015
Picsure or...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Start Pampers And Baby Items Distributorship In nigeria / My Kid Doesn’t Need Religion To Excel In Life? / Ebola Wants To Destroy Her Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.