Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? (3081 Views)

Super Pet Sunday: Q&A / Super Pet Sunday: The Three Legged Dog / SUPER PET SUNDAY: Lets Talk About Spanking/flogging Your Dog. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by Prodeegee(m): 6:46am On Sep 27, 2015
Hello to you all and wishing you a lovely sunday.

Today's topic is meant to enlighten us all on the type of food reasonable and economical enough for us all.

One thing we should note is, the key content in most foods are protein and fats.

Puppy's need as much protein as they can get but adults need quite little.

A dog that doesn't get much excercise shouldn't be fed somuch fats.

Share your dog's delicacies.

#superpetsundays #dogs #cats #lifeisbetterwithadog

1 Like

Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by ladyF(f): 6:48am On Sep 27, 2015
Eba n vegetable soup with fish, ponmo n beef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by Vikkiboi(m): 7:20am On Sep 27, 2015
ladyF:

He said you should share your dog's favourite not yours lipsrsealed
ladyF:

He said you should share your dog's favourite not yours

3 Likes

Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by wunmi590(m): 8:57am On Sep 27, 2015
Vikkiboi:

LWKM grin
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by wunmi590(m): 9:01am On Sep 27, 2015
This morning, zara would be eating indomie crunch with boiled egg, with meat.

But she's not eating until 12pm, because zara is not the type that eats much, so what we do is to make her get hungry very well, before we give her food, but at the end, she still don't finish the food, she just eat the eggs, meat and little indomie and leave the rest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by ladyF(f): 9:45am On Sep 27, 2015
Vikkiboi:

dogs don't eat eba?
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by Seun(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2015
My dog eats dry food. I also give him 1 or 2 raw turkey fingers every day to keep his teeth white. His favorite dry food is Arion puppy food which he eats directly. Other brands of dry food that I've tried have to be mixed with fish paste/oil or else he wouldn't eat them.

wunmi590:
This morning, zara would be eating indomie crunch with boiled egg, with meat.

But she's not eating until 12pm, because zara is not the type that eats much, so what we do is to make her get hungry very well, before we give her food, but at the end, she still don't finish the food, she just eat the eggs, meat and little indomie and leave the rest.
Theres a simple way to make her eat the food. You need to mix the crunched Indomie and protein source so thoroughly that she will not be able to distinguish them, so she will be forced eat everything.

Here's how I'd do it: Make sure the indomie is well crunched and thoroughly cooked or substitute it with well cooked rice (less filling and easier to digest). Replace the eggs (which dogs don't particularly like) and meat (which is very hard to grind) with boiled fish and grind it into a paste with your kitchen blender (Titus fish is the easiest to grind, but Shawa is cheaper), then add it to your Indomie/rice and cook them together for at least 5 minutes so the Indomie/rice will absorb the smell and taste of the fish and the dog wont be able to differentiate between them. If you follow this process I promise you that your dog will eat everything and beg for more. If you're not sure that this will work, there's an easy way to test it. Buy a tin of titus sardine, mash it properly, and mix it with your indomie/rice 3 minutes before taking it off the stove.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by wunmi590(m): 9:59am On Sep 27, 2015
Seun:
My dog eats dry food. I also give him 1 or 2 raw turkey fingers every day to keep his teeth white. His favorite dry food is Arion puppy food which he eats directly. Other brands of dry food that I've tried have to be mixed with fish paste/oil or else he wouldn't eat them.

Theres a simple way to make her eat the food. You need to mix the crunched Indomie and protein source so thoroughly that she will not be able to distinguish them, so she will be forced eat everything.

Here's how I'd do it: Make sure the indomie is well crunched and thoroughly cooked or substitute it with well cooked rice (less filling and easier to digest). Replace the eggs (which dogs don't particularly like) and meat (which is very hard to grind) with boiled fish and grind it into a paste with your kitchen blender (Titus fish is the easiest to grind, but Shawa is cheaper), then add it to your Indomie/rice and cook them together for at least 5 minutes so the Indomie/rice will absorb the smell and taste of the fish and the dog wont be able to differentiate between them. If you follow this process I promise you that your dog will eat everything and beg for more. If you're not sure that this will work, there's an easy way to test it. Buy a tin of titus sardine, mash it properly, and mix it with your indomie/rice 5 minutes before taking it off the stove.

Thanks sir, I do some of these things you listed here, still she doesn't finish it.

Though I was thinking may be because her father was used as a police dog that was why, she does not eat food much, maybe she took the trait from her father, who does not eat much as well.

But, I would do some of the other things you listed that have not done before today and gives you feed back.

Thanks very much.
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by Prodeegee(m): 10:29am On Sep 27, 2015
Seun:

Here's how I'd do it: Make sure the indomie is well crunched and thoroughly cooked or substitute it with well cooked rice (less filling and easier to digest). Replace the eggs (which dogs don't particularly like) and meat (which is very hard to grind) with boiled fish and grind it into a paste with your kitchen blender (Titus fish is the easiest to grind, but Shawa is cheaper), then add it to your Indomie/rice and cook them together for at least 5 minutes so the Indomie/rice will absorb the smell and taste of the fish and the dog wont be able to differentiate between them. If you follow this process I promise you that your dog will eat everything and beg for more. If you're not sure that this will work, there's an easy way to test it. Buy a tin of titus sardine, mash it properly, and mix it with your indomie/rice 5 minutes before taking it off the stove.
how old is your dog?
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by arcbay(m): 10:39am On Sep 27, 2015
I do raw egg mixed with sardine early in the morning, one egg per dog...this is vital for their coat and furs...

After then, breakfast is meant to be heavy, I do soaked dry food with Jojo canned food garnished with fish. The dry food is soaked in meat water or chicken water till the dry food absorbs all the water. Now tell me why ur dog won't wanna eat.

For dinner, I don't do heavy meals so as not to inject laziness into the dogs. I do just bones to keep them busy and active thru the night. A rich source of calcium which is essential for dogs...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by leksmedia: 1:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
I feed my dog strictly milk , egg and meat when she was 6 weeks
At 8 weeks I fed her milk , fish , meat, fruit and indomie after 8 weeks
After 9 weeks I started feeding her other foods because I don't want her to get used to a particular food
Right now she eats almost anything I eat
Wheat , vegetables, beans , rice , fruits , egg, meat

But her favourite is chicken and meat , plus mashed banana And carrot she also likes wheat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by lacicrips(m): 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
@leksmedia, that guy up there looks adorable. Can I see what he looks like now?

Oops! He's a she.
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by coolsegun2002: 3:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
I recently moved from my old location which was close to shop rite where I get cheap chicken for my dogs....but yestday...I wanted to go get fish...nd behold! The fish seller was about throwing fish head away..about 40pces....nd it hit me like live wire.....cheap protein source.....ive been buying 3titus for dem every 2days.....so dis morn.....they don't usually finish their indomie cos it doesn't have chicken like I use to give dem....but I mixed the fish head with the indomie nd oil.. about 15pces per plate...mehhnnn!!! I got back there is less Dan 5mins...their plate was empty...shinning empty....so it's fish head,indomie nd oil all the way...till I can get cheap chiken
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by Seun(m): 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2015
Prodeegee:
how old is your dog?
3 (or 4) years and 4 months. He's certainly not a puppy, but I usually give him puppy food because: (1) Most dogs prefer the taste and smell of puppy food. (2) Puppy food has much higher nutritional value, yet it's only a bit more expensive than adult dog food. (Is adult food a scam?)
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by Sveen: 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
Seun:
3 (or 4) years and 4 months. He's certainly not a puppy, but I usually give him puppy food because: (1) Most dogs prefer the taste and smell of puppy food. (2) Puppy food has much higher nutritional value, yet it's only a bit more expensive than adult dog food. (Is adult food a scam?)
Is raw meat harmful to dogs? I've never came across a post stating that dogs should be fed meat.
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by Sveen: 6:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
leksmedia:
I feed my dog strictly milk , egg and meat when she was 6 weeks
At 8 weeks I fed her milk , fish , meat, fruit and indomie after 8 weeks
After 9 weeks I started feeding her other foods because I don't want her to get used to a particular food
Right now she eats almost anything I eat
Wheat , vegetables, beans , rice , fruits , egg, meat

But her favourite is chicken and meat , plus mashed banana And carrot she also likes wheat
Raw meat or cooked one?
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
coolsegun2002:
I recently moved from my old location which was close to shop rite where I get cheap chicken for my dogs....but yestday...I wanted to go get fish...nd behold! The fish seller was about throwing fish head away..about 40pces....nd it hit me like live wire.....cheap protein source.....ive been buying 3titus for dem every 2days.....so dis morn.....they don't usually finish their indomie cos it doesn't have chicken like I use to give dem....but I mixed the fish head with the indomie nd oil.. about 15pces per plate...mehhnnn!!! I got back there is less Dan 5mins...their plate was empty...shinning empty....so it's fish head,indomie nd oil all the way...till I can get cheap chiken
pls, how much do you get the cheap chicken from shoprite? A friend of mine told me that she knows someone who gets meat for her pigs from shoprite during when they change their stock, cos shoprite doesn't allow their meat stay more than a certain period on shelve.

Is that the meat you get as well? How much?
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by coolsegun2002: 8:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
juicee1:
pls, how much do you get the cheap chicken from shoprite? A friend of mine told me that she knows someone who gets meat for her pigs from shoprite during when they change their stock, cos shoprite doesn't allow their meat stay more than a certain period on shelve.

Is that the meat you get as well? How much?

Yep...their management have a 48hr shelf life policy for human consumption...they scale the stuff...different categories..different scale unit...there's chicken bones...there's full chicken and theres meat...I prefer the chicken and chiken bones...I get about 8 to 12 kg for around 700 to 900bucks...I don't know about meat cos I don't buy at all

1 Like

Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
coolsegun2002:

Yep...their management have a 48hr shelf life policy for human consumption...they scale the stuff...different categories..different scale unit...there's chicken bones...there's full chicken and theres meat...I prefer the chicken and chiken bones...I get about 8 to 12 kg for around 700 to 900bucks...I don't know about meat cos I don't buy at all
thanks for the info. Pls can I have the phone number of your contact at shoprite? Which of the shoprite is it?

I'll appreciate your assistance. Thanks
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by coolsegun2002: 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
juicee1:
thanks for the info. Pls can I have the phone number of your contact at shoprite? Which of the shoprite is it?

I'll appreciate your assistance. Thanks

Look I dnt like introducing someone dat pple will complain about...dis guy...I don't like him..i just tolerate him cos the chicken I want ..somany other pple are contesting...he's rude nd obnoxious...I introduced a very known person here on nairaland ...he too ddn't like him at all nd he went all d way from from osogbo to shop rite ibadan...though he gave him a lot of kg ...pls let me have ur email..i'll mail his number to u...his name is Sola, but I must warn u he does nothing for free..not even goodmorning

1 Like

Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
coolsegun2002:

Look I dnt like introducing someone dat pple will complain about...dis guy...I don't like him..i just tolerate him cos the chicken I want ..somany other pple are contesting...he's rude nd obnoxious...I introduced a very known person here on nairaland ...he too ddn't like him at all nd he went all d way from from osogbo to shop rite ibadan...though he gave him a lot of kg ...pls let me have ur email..i'll mail his number to u...his name is Sola, but I must warn u he does nothing for free..not even goodmorning
is the shoprite at osogbo? If yes, then it's no use to me cos am in lagos. If in lagos, pls let me know. Thanks a Lot
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by coolsegun2002: 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
juicee1:
is the shoprite at osogbo? If yes, then it's no use to me cos am in lagos. If in lagos, pls let me know. Thanks a Lot

U ddn't read my post well..its shop rite ibadan..just for info theres no shop rite in oshogbo
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
coolsegun2002:

U ddn't read my post well..its shop rite ibadan..just for info theres no shop rite in oshogbo
ok, thanks. I'll try the ones in lagos.
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by leksmedia: 10:42pm On Sep 28, 2015
I do cooked meat , but I try to not over boil it cos I usually cook a full pot of meat for her every week , so that's what she eats for the whole week , she doesn't joke with meat
Sveen:
Raw meat or cooked one?
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by leksmedia: 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2015
Its a she, don't have her current pics but her transformation in this diary here

https://www.nairaland.com/2602036/diary-amazing-female-german-sherperd

lacicrips:
@leksmedia, that guy up there looks adorable. Can I see what he looks like now?

Oops! He's a she.
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by bonetalk(m): 4:34am On Sep 29, 2015
Learning...
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by barcaboi(m): 8:14am On Oct 23, 2015
ladyF:
dogs don't eat eba?
dogs eat what u give them and what they re use to...
Re: Super Pet Sundays: What Does Your Dog Eat? by barcaboi(m): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2015
coolsegun2002:
reduce the oil....fish has enuf oil of its own...I learnt too

(1) (Reply)

Scottish Fold Breed Of Cats Coming In From Ukraine / Suggestions On How To Make The Pet Section Better. / 14wks Old Long Coat Male Slant Back Gsd For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.