Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects (32108 Views)

NSCDC Arrests 30 Suspects In Bayelsa / "After Drinking Pap With Human Parts, Spirits Will Bring Us Money" - Suspects / Kano Court Frees ‘Killers’ Bridget Agbahime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by onismate: 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
I thought there was news some days back that boko boys didn't succeed in the kogi attack, why this news nah. Naija media I hail thee. Daura has been hunting others, now it's his turn to be hunted. Dss Daura has failed so he should be fired with tear gas.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by Reference(m): 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
efreaky:

There are sleeper cells everywhere.

Then I'm afraid we are really in for it. The whole thing is a mess. Once more I call on the government to open channels to these folks and negotiate.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by passionate88: 8:02pm On Sep 27, 2015
BrainnewsNg:

Just believe in God. We will sail through!
hahaha. tell me one thing. during Jonathan's regime, did you say believe in God or you were amongst those castigating him?.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
Reference:

Well the US is not facing an insurgency on its shores. Remember the last shooting at a naval recruitment centre and a few lone gunmen on US military bases both on american soil and in Afghanistan and Iraq. It happens. But what concerns me is the failure of intel or the lack of tact that exposes these outfits especially what should be a clandestine organisation to attacks. No one should ordinarily know who is detained where. Heck. This is not the police or military we are talking about.

Bro, this is different. The case of a lone gun man with psychological issues is different from a local militia attacking a US army base or the fbi or Cia office and successfully freeing prisoners. infact it was stated that more American soldiers die at home in the US from psychological issues and cases of lone gun men than they do in the war front
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by successinlife: 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
Though i want a united Nigeria but it will be very very hard to co-exist.It will not be long before the centre collapse,not in this 21st century we are this backward with all negative news everywhere when other small countries are making progress.I think peacefull seperation should be the solution if 1914 amalgamation is not helping us.This is not about fight,i think if we can't coordinate ourselves together,lets decentralise or practise true federalism,so that each region would be accountable for his growth or decline.It is becoming unbearable.The south also has its problem but i think it is better and can be checked than unfaceless group attacking under lousy method of gorilla shoot/kill and hide.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
make dem dey lie for there o, gun duel for 7hours? really thats enough time for the invaders to escape and even forget that they went to break loose their friends from jail. which yeye gun duel b dat? that they cudnt over power the unskilled shooterz. make dem dey lie to nigerians dey go. the dss guys were simply incompetent in preventing the escape of those inmates. dss guys are just bunch of bulletproof wearing pussies carrying tavor 21 guns who cant defend their sorry aszes. ow will dese same dss guys protect the president or a governor or a minister from an attack? mehn na sorry situation dem dey.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by tsdarkside(m): 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
Reference:

You call a DSS regional facility a weak spot. If weak why keep such dangerous elements there. Do you know Kogi is 2 hours away from the Federal Capital. Do you realise the seriousness of such a situation.

yes...it was a weak spot,they were not awaiting attacks their.....thats why the goverment moved the prisoners to the south...but the southerners started complaining......

the best prison facility we have is kirikiri...and even kirikiri is not prepared for attacks with sophisticated weapons.......

i say,we shouldnt take prisoners no more...we kill them at the spot....problem solved....

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by kelmicheal: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
what do u expect kogi is northern state full of bokos
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2015
Reference:

Then I'm afraid we are really in for it. The whole thing is a mess. Once more I call on the government to open channels to these folks and negotiate.
negotiate? really? how do u negotiate with someone who wants to take ur house from u? u offer him a room when he wants the whole building? i wont be surprised if it comes to public knowledge that these guys are being funded by foreign elements to cause havoc and wreck the economy. all thanks to our cia friends
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by francizy(m): 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
I thought the useless DSS said they were able to curtail the attack while people on ground said something different. Government of lies, deciet, propaganda, death, terrorism, genocide, etc.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by MadCow1: 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
OboloMAN:

Ya , No fewer than 30 people detained at the Kogi
State office of the Directorate of State Service
were freed on Friday night when it was attacked
by gunmen suspected to be members of the Boko
Haram sect.

But The DSS earlier denied that prisoners were freed in this thread below

www.nairaland.com/2625486/security-agencies-foil-attempt-free

CC: Ishilove, lalasticlala

The attack was foiled.

Forget this news article.

Even NTA covered it and showed where the standoff happened.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by Neplusultra(f): 8:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
I can authoritatively say dat Nigeria is in God's hands not Buhari cos
I see no changes!
God please keep shielding me and every one who calls on you genuinely away from all evil!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by abe4kom: 8:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
efreaky:

During Jonathan's tenure, they attacked the DSS headquarters in Abuja. So even though what happened is terrible, this government is not yet worse than Jonathan's.
Bros that's not an excuse.
They that fail to learn from history repeat the mistakes of the past!

The abuja attack ought to have taught them a lesson, but what do we have?
A purge in DSS of old experienced hands considered to be GEJ loyalists and replacing them with more "competent hands" now you see the result.
1st fool no be fool, 2nd fool na proper foolish.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by anwo247: 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2015
Islam is a curse to the world.

#BanIslamNow
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by Eluwilussit(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2015
Atmmachine:
I laugh at news like this.
You craved for change that's why you voted for Buhari & He's now your president.
Now, you can enjoy the change you all have been craving for.
And your president is currently in New York enjoying.

If na Jonathan now the idiiots go expect him to rush back. Hypocrites!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by kponkedenge(m): 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
Is sad to think that Chad kill these blood sucking demons, but when our beloved country catches them they put them in jail and wait for their brothers to break them out! And the cycle keeps repearting itself over and over again. When will this nation learn!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by opineflu(m): 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
Wow...dis country is terrible....30 terrorist.. DSS is a total pack of oTu
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by collinsVP: 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
kponkedenge:
Is sad to think that Chad kill these blood sucking demons, but when our beloved country catches them they put them in jail and wait for their brothers to break them out! And the cycle keeps repearting itself over and over again. When will this nation learn!

Thanks a lot. Exactly my line of thought. These people need little or no trial to be executed, but the rationale for keeping them in the custody of security agencies beats my imagination. SMH.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by kozmokaz(m): 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
tsdarkside:

yes...it was a weak spot,they were not awaiting attacks their.....thats why the goverment moved the prisoners to the south...but the southerners started complaining......

the best prison facility we have is kirikiri...and even kirikiri is not prepared for attacks with sophisticated weapons.......

i say,we shouldnt take prisoners no more...we kill them at the spot....problem solved....
if d almighty dss is a weak spot den evn aso rock is not safe!!! no attack is always expected ... and with d caliber of prisoner der i belive der would b over 50 well armed and trained personnel on ground!!! also 7 hour s enuf for reinforcemrnt to arrive from abuja self ... dude u really need to come out from d dark !! receive sense!!
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by uboma(m): 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
bushdoc9919:
Sad day for the DSS....and it seems that we still have a long way to go in developing a unconventional warfare capability.

Additionally, we need more secure jails in this country. Most of our jails were built during the colonial times.We need 21ST century lockups....which have CCTV, well armed guards, and sniper nests.

I guess we are still in for a long fight.

Wherever BH members are been detained, the location is usually top secret and never disclosed to the public. So for BH members to attack the detention centre with superior fire arms as described in the story, means that they received intel from a mole within the DSS.

The fight against BH insurgents is still a long way off. The fight must start from within (fish out the moles within the security operatives) first, or else all past, present and future efforts will simply be in vain.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by dancoolD(m): 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
Over seven hours gun battle ¤ may God save our Country from Bokoharam in Jesus name
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by Mordyb: 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
when people now the present DG is not competent they would be called names but imagine DSS officers being killed like chicken s by pipeline vandals and being ambushed by ragtag thugs and broken into is saddening as in the past 16 years excluding the omabtse killing where there was some serious foul play you never hear this kind of news
WE NEED CHANGE FOR ALL OUR SAKES
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by Tex42(m): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
freecocoa:

What is really happening?
The media doesn't win u wars... APC and Buhari should know better by now
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 27, 2015
ok.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by billyG(m): 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
Why keep BH prisoners ,extract info quickly & kill them.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by billyG(m): 10:03pm On Sep 27, 2015
D WAY TANOIDS & WAILERS are overjoy i hope it is not stage manage by PDP?
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by fof1: 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
AbokiWarrior:
continue hating, Buhari is your president till 2019 like it or No. Inyamiri
D PRESIDENT REMAINS OURS TILL HIS TENURE ENDS,GOD SPARE ALL OF US. MOST NAIJA PPLE/YOUTHS ARE IGNORANT OF MANY THINGS THEY COMMENT ON.PMB IS UR PRESIDO.NAIJA PPLE,BE THEY FULANI/HAUSA/YORUBA/IGBO/IJAW OR WHOEVER IS MISBEHAVING IS NOT SENT BY PMB.D TRUTH SHLD ALWAYS BE TOLD $ NOT SENTIMENTS.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by theSpark(m): 10:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
No wonder Buhari didn't feel safe with the DSS providing him with personal protection. They can't even hold their turf without calling for help from police and soldiers. I'm embarrassed.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by fof1: 10:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
MadCow1:

The attack was foiled.

Forget this news article.

Even NTA covered it and showed where the standoff happened.
MY BROS.OPEN UR EYES $ EARS AND DONT BE A FOOL.FORGET MEDIA MGT. DYNAMITE /GUN ATTACKS ARE NOT A KIDDING ISSUE.THE DAMAGES COLLOSAL,ESCAPEES+ SO WISE UP.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by feeloscar(m): 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
Atmmachine:
I laugh at news like this.
You craved for change that's why you voted for Buhari & He's now your president.
Now, you can enjoy the change you all have been craving for.
And your president is currently in New York enjoying.
So he should have been at DSS Lokoja? You are as clueless as your mentor.
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by feeloscar(m): 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2015
Mordyb:
when people now the present DG is not competent they would be called names but imagine DSS officers being killed like chicken s by pipeline vandals and being ambushed by ragtag thugs and broken into is saddening as in the past 16 years excluding the omabtse killing where there was some serious foul play you never hear this kind of news
WE NEED CHANGE FOR ALL OUR SAKES
ombatse's was 10x lagos and Lokoja incidents combined
Re: Boko Haram Attacks Kogi DSS Office, Frees 30 Suspects by donem: 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
Atmmachine:
The Yoruba created this problem for the whole Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Bravely Escaped From Suspected 'One Chance' Kidnappers In Rivers (Graphic) / Woman Stabs Her Husband To Death In Delta After Suspecting He Has A Girlfriend / Man Kills His Two-month Old Baby: Pic(mother And Baby)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.