Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) (39945 Views)

Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland / Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Laredojohn(m): 6:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
Omo Ijebu reee awa

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Bollinger(m): 6:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
Radoillo:

You came on a thread about a Nigerian Festival with Muslim roots and wrote what you wrote. My response to your comment was in context. Now you want to talk about human sacrifice and 'idol' worship? Is Ojude Oba about any of those things? Perhaps you should have saved that comment and made it on an appropriate thread - not here.

You "context" is misaligned. The Ojude Oba is still based on traditionalism, is it not? Nigerians and their mentality needs serious re education.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
Bollinger:

You "context" is misaligned. The Ojude Oba is still based on traditionalism, is it not? Nigerians and their mentality needs serious re education.

Ayayayayai. This is going to be a difficult conversation to have with you.

2 Likes

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Bollinger(m): 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
Radoillo:

Ayayayayai. This is going to be a difficult conversation to have with you.

Damn sure it is.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
Omo alagemo merindinlogun. E we so o.

I miss home embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by greatiyk4u(m): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2015
Colorful bt diabolic
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Boyooosa(m): 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
B4, b4, Kings dey 'step on' pple's wives buh nowadays, na pple's wives dey seduce kings to 'seize' them from their husbands grin Just thinking how some women will be admiring the queens seats
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Ilaje44(m): 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
And this is why I use Glo whenever I am in Nigeria. I hope they improve on their services and coverage, but I'll still continue to patronize them and make my grievances known at the same time.

E ku ajodun dede eyin omo alare. Ewesoo!
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by flokii: 6:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
Jebusites.. grin grin
YEEBOS go don trip diee...
#teamyoruba

1 Like

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by kosokoadeyemi: 6:59pm On Sep 27, 2015
Great !great !great ! Ijebus
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by idris4eva(m): 7:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
ragiluhivo:
Yorubas sabi worwor sha...
ode ni e sha

1 Like

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by IYANGBALI: 7:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ijebu girls sabi fok just like ondo and calabar girls
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by IYANGBALI: 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
ragiluhivo:
Yorubas sabi worwor sha...
just like your people
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
sukkot:
well dayum robert mugabe came through

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2901865_epe4_jpg31e954f46b6ff9be01c2949a86f65a59

hahahahahaha....you are on point!!!!! He does look like Mugabe!!!
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by 2n2k(m): 7:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
USAutoBuy:
Born and raised in Ijebu Ode. But i beg to differ. This is a complete waste of money and time. You can name on one hand a substantial company that belongs to an Ijebu proper (Born and Bred). What they failed to show you is the road that leads to the palace either from Folagbade or Ita ale. God forbid you are coming from Oke aje market right in front of the yidi going to GRA and its raining you are in big trouble.

And less i forget the King has a house if u drive passing in front of the Court and towards Gateway hotel. All those roads are TERRIBLE.

And yearly without failure all these guys will come bearing gifts and money to a STUPENDOUSLY WEALTHY KING.

Don't be fooled by the Sunday's best, most of these guys are just getting by. Rented cars and outfit bought on loan for a day of stupidity if you ask me. More than half of the young population are riding Okada. School teachers are not paid on time.

Take a short 5 mins walk up the street and go to the Local govt council and you will be welcomed with eyesore and a barely functional govt. Broken down GOVT vehicles littered everywhere. Some of these vehicles can be fixed up for next to nothing but they are there rotting away.

I can almost be sure that those guys go for months without pay as well.

Born in Ijebu Ode General Hospital. Attended Porogun Primary school and Ijebu Ode Grammer School. I will like to think i know what i am talking about.

Come next year, the stupidity will repeat itself. It never fails.

Close the Lamentations of Jeremiah. Open the Songs of Solomon. With all the infrastructure deficit you listed, people still celebrate Xmas, Easter, sallah, not to talk of other personal celebrations. Just rejoice with the ijebus.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by MevsU(m): 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
USAutoBuy:
Born and raised in Ijebu Ode. But i beg to differ. This is a complete waste of money and time. You can name on one hand a substantial company that belongs to an Ijebu proper (Born and Bred). What they failed to show you is the road that leads to the palace either from Folagbade or Ita ale. God forbid you are coming from Oke aje market right in front of the yidi going to GRA and its raining you are in big trouble.

And less i forget the King has a house if u drive passing in front of the Court and towards Gateway hotel. All those roads are TERRIBLE.

And yearly without failure all these guys will come bearing gifts and money to a STUPENDOUSLY WEALTHY KING.

Don't be fooled by the Sunday's best, most of these guys are just getting by. Rented cars and outfit bought on loan for a day of stupidity if you ask me. More than half of the young population are riding Okada. School teachers are not paid on time.

Take a short 5 mins walk up the street and go to the Local govt council and you will be welcomed with eyesore and a barely functional govt. Broken down GOVT vehicles littered everywhere. Some of these vehicles can be fixed up for next to nothing but they are there rotting away.

Born in Ijebu Ode General Hospital. Attended Porogun Primary school and Ijebu Ode Grammer School. I will like to think i know what i am talking about.

Up jogs
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Freegift75: 8:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
This is misplaced priority! Awolowo became hero due to how he converged people for the legacy of Oodua investment.

In the name of this, what has Awujale been able to achieved for the benefit of the region. He encourages wastefulness instead of taking the steps of Awolowo to start Ijebu Land Investments.

Ijebu indigenes are stupendously wealthy but not to the benefits of the KINGDOM
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Goke7: 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
USAutoBuy:

Truly the roads are so bad in ijebu ode right now, I was there few months back and I wonder what amosun has been doing, no wonder its a PDP senator representing them at the senate. The awujale need to use his influence to improve infrastructure in the town.

Am still proud to be Ijebu.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by dmuchwells(m): 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2015

1 Like

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Mintayo(m): 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
yetseyi:

Nice pix shymexx, very colorful I love the various aso oke and the Fine horses.

Proudly Ijebu

Ewesooo dede omo alare, Ajobi a gbe wa ooo

CC: mintayo
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Ndolarr: 8:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
Colorful and beautiful! A bold statement on our rich cultural heritage! A serious State government ought to collaborate with the Federal government to market this tourism potential to the outside world to generate handsome income. The annual event is an industry on its own with multiplier effects which can be a diversification strategy.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by funmo(m): 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2015
USAutoBuy:

I couldn't have said it any better... you are very correct sir... except for the GrammEr school part... We all know Kujore or Gansallo mustn't see this.... lolz... those roads will be like that for a long while though
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by funmo(m): 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
MevsU:

Up jogs

hahaha Up school o
up Kuti house
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by funmo(m): 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
USAutoBuy:

I couldn't have said it any better... you are very correct sir... except for the GrammEr school part... We all know Kujore or Gansallo mustn't see this.... lolz... those roads will be like that for a long while though

1 Like

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by yetseyi(f): 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Ijebulogic(m): 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
hmmm.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by latest90: 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
USAutoBuy:

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by MevsU(m): 10:17pm On Sep 27, 2015
funmo:

hahaha Up school o
up Kuti house

Gansalo rocks
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by lekan29ice(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
Wow... colorful .....so proud to be Yoruba
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by demsid(m): 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2015
GentleYoung:
I dnt see lady F and introvert again .
Sure they now have job tongue.
sec sch students don resume and thr parent don seize thr fone. I knw dem wel wel na my street those two grls dey stay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beautiful Efik Brides In Their Costume / Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Of Ife In Cheerful Mood At 50th Birthday Of Olu Of Ilaro(p / Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.