Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) (39942 Views)

Amosun Reconciles Awujale Of Ijebuland And Alake Of Egbaland / Ooni Of Ife Visits Awujale Of Ijebuland (Photos) / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by TheDauraMallam: 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
I love This!!!

This is what we should be celebrating like Nigerians, and Africans and not addicted to Supersport like bastards.

Mind you, I'm not yoruba, I love football and I am AFRICAN.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by PenSniper: 11:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
yetseyi:

Nice pix shymexx, very colorful I love the various aso oke and the Fine horses.

Proudly Ijebu

Ewesooo dede omo alare, Ajobi a gbe wa ooo

CC: mintayo

Amin ooo, Ase ooo
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by laudate: 12:13am On Sep 28, 2015
ceeceeuwa:
Please this should be on front page! I'm not yoruba, but I like the unity associated with this festival. Good to know this people still upholds their culture and tradition...

LOL!! I know what you mean. cheesy Someone once told me that these aso-ebi wearing folks, constitute the various age-grade groups, among the Ijebu people. And each age-grade embarks on a particular community project within the town, and contribute funds to complete it. undecided

They should contribute towards projects that will improve the infrastructure of the town.

1 Like

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by laudate: 12:18am On Sep 28, 2015
Goke7:

Truly the roads are so bad in ijebu ode right now, I was there few months back and I wonder what amosun has been doing, no wonder its a PDP senator representing them at the senate. The awujale need to use his influence to improve infrastructure in the town.

Am still proud to be Ijebu.

This is an indictment on the Michael Adenugas, the Subomi Baloguns and co., that throng the festival each year! Why can't they fix the major roads leading to the Oba's palace at least? Or even put pressure on Amosun to do so, before the festival?? shocked
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 28, 2015
asumo12:
Sudanese kingtom
what's this one saying undecided
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 28, 2015
ERAKAMUS:
You get sense so.
he no get

1 Like

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by KingTom(m): 12:27am On Sep 28, 2015
olamilian:
He thinks I'm Sudanese, very mad individual. grin

Listening to Baba Legba- Yusuf Olatunji grin

1 Like

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 28, 2015
Radoillo:

I don't know why comments like this always enrage me. The Scots should get rid of their bagpipes and kilts and all their traditions before they can move towards the modern era, eh? Oh, wait the Scots are already in the modern era, bagpipes and all. undecided
please tell them they can't use there head always wanting to copy the white. Am black am a yoruba am IJEBU
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 28, 2015
hmmmm....
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by tpiander: 4:18am On Sep 28, 2015
Shymm3x:

this picture is from previous years.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by tpiander: 4:18am On Sep 28, 2015
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by OmoOlojijero(m): 5:10am On Sep 28, 2015
YORUBA CULTURE IS THE BEST WE MUST KEEP IT
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by asumo12: 5:30am On Sep 28, 2015
olamilian:

undecided
What did u think I mean?

Osharo Monday biko!

U be Omo ijebu? <Sudanese >
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 28, 2015
asumo12:

undecided
What did u think I mean?

Osharo Monday biko!

U be Omo ijebu? <Sudanese >
you be Somalia
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by asumo12: 8:53am On Sep 28, 2015
angry
No I'm not I be Omo oodua!
olamilian:
you be Somalia

Osun state precisely...

cheesy

Omo Sudan niè
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 28, 2015
asumo12:
angry
No I'm not I be Omo oodua!

Osun state precisely...

Omo Sudan niè
I give up no quote me again
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by asumo12: 9:10am On Sep 28, 2015
tongue
olamilian:
I give up no quote me again
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Dammiesugar(f): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
ragiluhivo:
Yorubas sabi worwor sha...
. What has beauty got to do with this?
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by bdemix(m): 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2015
Porogun Primary school at Ita Alapo....Nice one bro and Lastly Up Jogs....Up School. ....2006 Set

USAutoBuy:
Born and raised in Ijebu Ode. But i beg to differ. This is a complete waste of money and time. You can name on one hand a substantial company that belongs to an Ijebu proper (Born and Bred). What they failed to show you is the road that leads to the palace either from Folagbade or Ita ale. God forbid you are coming from Oke aje market right in front of the yidi going to GRA and its raining you are in big trouble.

And less i forget the King has a house if u drive passing in front of the Court and towards Gateway hotel. All those roads are TERRIBLE.

And yearly without failure all these guys will come bearing gifts and money to a STUPENDOUSLY WEALTHY KING.

Don't be fooled by the Sunday's best, most of these guys are just getting by. Rented cars and outfit bought on loan for a day of stupidity if you ask me. More than half of the young population are riding Okada. School teachers are not paid on time.

Take a short 5 mins walk up the street and go to the Local govt council and you will be welcomed with eyesore and a barely functional govt. Broken down GOVT vehicles littered everywhere. Some of these vehicles can be fixed up for next to nothing but they are there rotting away.

I can almost be sure that those guys go for months without pay as well.

Born in Ijebu Ode General Hospital. Attended Porogun Primary school and Ijebu Ode Grammer School. I will like to think i know what i am talking about.

Come next year, the stupidity will repeat itself. It never fails.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by tpiander: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2015
shymexx did you see my post.
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by akigbemaru: 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ojude oba
Re: Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures) by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 26, 2015
Bacteriocin:
if you never hammer, oju'de oba go frustrate you ooo. E better make you sit down for your haus jeje.....

i used to attend as a kid wt some ijebu family members. it was like party time for us cos cousins from obodo oyibo and everywhere come for it. As they dobale for d oba & name their household theyre dropping money wt their oriki. I swear dt king gets a lot of money on dt day. Na competition. And then everyone had their own afterparties after.

to d poster dt asked abt horses, there are warring families, their representatives do their horse display. some of them even have women in agbada, lookin like men, do d display.

to d poster dt talked abt borrow pose. maybe its d pple u know trying to feel among dt do dt. Loads and i mean loads of rich pple in d families come from outside ijebu & nigeria. Dts how d oba makes his 'mad money' on dt day. It has nothing to do wt ur elected politician and his bad roads. Fashola is a governor like amosun & renovated d oba of lagos palace, interlocked d whole street & put up barricades. The fact is d festival brings in money (hotels, vendors, sponsors) & economic activity to ijebuland on dt day. U shld be grateful for dt.

Im not ijebu but i can never forget ojude oba as part of my childhood. Good times!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Names Of God In Yoruba Language (with English Subtitles) / Beautiful Efik Brides In Their Costume / Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Of Ife In Cheerful Mood At 50th Birthday Of Olu Of Ilaro(p

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.