Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,118 members, 7,856,478 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 08:28 PM

FALAE: Police Lied, Ransom Was Paid-family Member. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FALAE: Police Lied, Ransom Was Paid-family Member. (558 Views)

"I Was Paid N8k To Kill 17-Year-Old Girl For Ritual In Ogun. It Was My 2nd Time" / Man Mourns Kidnapped Brother Who Was Killed After N1.5million Ransom Was Paid / How SSS Tortured Man To Death; Then Paid Family N15m To Keep Mum - Premium T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FALAE: Police Lied, Ransom Was Paid-family Member. by Easy023(m): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
Contrary to the Inspector General of Police’s claim on Thursday that no ransom was paid for the release of Chief Olu Falae, a family source has told Nigerian Times that money was indeed paid to secure his freedom.
Chief Falae, a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation and one-time Minister of Finance, was abducted from his farm on Monday morning by individuals suspected to be Fulani herdsmen.
The politician and former presidential candidate of the Alliance for democracy and All Nigeria Peoples Party was reunited with his family on Thursday, 24 hours after president Muhammadu Buhari ordered the police and other security agencies to do everything possible to secure his release.
Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, who led the elder statesmen to his home, told journalists that his men had rescued Falae and that no ransom was paid to his abductors who had demanded N100 million.
The IGP who described kidnapping as a global phenomenon had said on Thursday:
“We are going to devise strategies to ensure that hoodlums cannot overwhelm a state. It is not possible. We will continue to disgrace them; we will continue to catch them. Right from Monday when he was kidnapped, policemen had been working underground. No ransom was paid. I will let you know if anybody was apprehended later”.
A member of Falae’s family who spoke to Nigerian Times on Friday said Arase statement was misleading as money was paid to release the former SGF.
The family member, who asked that his name not be disclosed as he was not authorized to speak on behalf of the family, said it was not possible today for kidnappers to release their victim without collecting ransom.
“Do you even think it is possible? The IG is not telling Nigerians the truth. Money was paid even though I cannot disclose the exact amount to you, the family source said.
“At any rate, Chief was not exactly loved by his abductors. He had had running battles with the herdsmen. Once, they asked him to fence in his farm, which is more than 30 hectares. I believe they had his abduction planned for sometime and that being the case, how do you expect them to release him without collecting something?”
The source said that contrary to what the Inspector General would have Nigerians believe, the Police did not go into the bush to rescue Falae.
“It is simply not true. Chief’s kidnappers released him after money had been given to him. He had to trek about 30 kilometres before the police eventually found him,” our source said.
Re: FALAE: Police Lied, Ransom Was Paid-family Member. by Greyworld: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
Police IG actually lied, how cud he claim the swept through an entire state and rescued the man. I wonder who he was decieving.

Lying liars.
Re: FALAE: Police Lied, Ransom Was Paid-family Member. by Easy023(m): 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
Re: FALAE: Police Lied, Ransom Was Paid-family Member. by Ezenwammadu(m): 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2015
The Nigeria police force is the most useless agency known to man.

If PIG tells you good morning go outside and it will be midnight
Re: FALAE: Police Lied, Ransom Was Paid-family Member. by emamos: 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2015
it was not possible today for kidnappers to release their victim without collecting ransom.
“Do you even think it is possible? The IG is not telling Nigerians the truth. Money was paid even though I cannot disclose the exact amount to you, the family source said.
Re: FALAE: Police Lied, Ransom Was Paid-family Member. by emamos: 8:51pm On Sep 27, 2015
contrary to what the Inspector General would have Nigerians believe, the Police did not go into the bush to rescue Falae.
“It is simply not true. Chief’s kidnappers released him after money had been given to him. He had to trek about 30 kilometres before the police eventually found him,”
nigeria police FRAUD
Re: FALAE: Police Lied, Ransom Was Paid-family Member. by StepTwo: 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
source?
Re: FALAE: Police Lied, Ransom Was Paid-family Member. by resty4(m): 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2015
Danger alert- apc lies rubbg on igp.de r all shameless liers n propagandists tkg 9ta ppl 4 granted.
Re: FALAE: Police Lied, Ransom Was Paid-family Member. by bugzbunny: 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2015
emamos:
it was not possible today for kidnappers to release their victim without collecting ransom.
The lying liers party have inducted the IG
Lai muhammed over to you
Useless fulani president who can't control his herd... They should continue their killing and kidnapping spree in the south west... Who cares...lubbishhh

(1) (Reply)

DSS Parades Olu Falae's Abductors / =>> Woman Arrested After Kidnapping Man And Forcing Him Toperform MouthAction / Armed Robbers Raid 30 Houses, Kill, Rape Three Ladies In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.