Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari (2162 Views)

How Will You Rule If You Were The President / Buhari Have Never Condemned Bokoharam Before Election... Bishop Bagobiri / Boko Haram: Your Condemnation Welcomed But Belated, Bishop Bagobiri Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by igbokwesampson(m): 5:59am On Sep 28, 2015
Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/stop-playing-politics-with-religion-osinbajo-tells-nigerians/
Delivering a message titled “Making Nigeria function as a family: Panacea to healthy national integration,”. During an interdenominational church service organized to mark Nigeria's 55th independence Bishop Bagobiri. Of the Kafachan catholic Dioceses did not spare a former military President, General Ibrahim Babangida (retd.), and Muslim leaders in the country.
According to him, they only opted to condemn activities of Boko Haram when serious damage had already been done.
He said, “I like what President Buhari said that nobody kills in the name of Islam. Why did Buhari wait till he became President before making the statement? Why did he not make the statement when President Goodluck Jonathan was in power? That statement would have made more sense then than now. Ibrahim Babangida followed and condemned Boko Haram. Why did they all have to wait till Buhari won the election before condemning the activities of Boko Haram?
“The anniversary celebration offers us the opportunity to offer ourselves in service for the continuous growth of our country. We thank God that despite all the apprehensions that followed the last general elections, we did not end up like some countries in the Middle East.
“Nigeria is more than any religion, tribe, political party, ideology or anything. No one should toil with the survival of Nigeria. We need Nigeria first before any other thing we are fighting for. Though prayer is highly important, it is not the only thing we are called to do.
“There are many powerful people whose agenda is to serve parochial interests. People that have been entrusted with public offices use their positions to promote sectional motives. Today, we hear of an invisible government that rules this country. Nigerians must ask what happened to the colossal monies budgeted for our security.
“Those who rule with discrimination will not go far. Why must Supreme Court Justices come from one part of the country? We advise this government to evoke fairness, justice and equity. Why can’t we have Igbo or Yoruba people as Supreme Court Justices? Nigerians are smart people. When you genuinely fight corruption, Nigerians know. When you give in to the temptation to use anti-graft agencies as instruments of revenge or vendetta, sooner or later, we will know.
“If you are fighting corruption for the sake of corruption, Nigerians understand it. If we use EFCC, ICPC, CCB and others as instruments of revenge and vendetta, sooner or later we will not be able to get the desired peace.”
The cleric stated that although Christians and Nigerians were not expected to carry arms, “they carry arms when the government has failed the citizenry.”
Speaking on the Boko Haram insurgency in the North East, Bagobiri said Christians had become endangered species, adding that “for every 100 killings of Christians in the world, 60 are from Nigeria.”
While first Bible reading was taken from II Chronicles 7:1-14 was read by Bishop Bagobiri, the 2nd reading was taken from I Corinthians 12: 12-30 and read by the Speaker, House of Representatives, Mr. Yakubu Dogara.

7 Likes

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by seunlayi(m): 6:10am On Sep 28, 2015
If he cares to listen

1 Like

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by Dbboy(m): 6:17am On Sep 28, 2015
Good
Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by BALLOSKI: 6:21am On Sep 28, 2015
He won't discriminate.

He belongs to everybody and belong to nobody.
Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:22am On Sep 28, 2015
That Bishop was very blunt! He even said "throwing out the Confab recommendations beans throwing out Nigeria".

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:23am On Sep 28, 2015
"Buhari won't listen to this man, he's too proud. He loves even his cows than all southerners put together". Quote me anywhere.

7 Likes

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by Candyrain(m): 6:24am On Sep 28, 2015
Many hates it especially the Lying Liars/W@nking W@nkers but the TRUTH just had to be said.

3 Likes

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by Bobbystanley(m): 6:25am On Sep 28, 2015
Bishop biko go and sit down.
They Daura D Is busy touring and taking pictures and you are here advising him.

3 Likes

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by davisjoe1(m): 6:32am On Sep 28, 2015
#Respect

4 Likes

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by bluewles33: 6:33am On Sep 28, 2015
true talk

3 Likes

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by win1234: 6:40am On Sep 28, 2015
Hmmm, people that have seen it all
Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by Nobody: 6:47am On Sep 28, 2015
The most sophisticated Slaves down South, I hope you guys are listening grin

7 Likes

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by ishiamu(m): 6:51am On Sep 28, 2015
Let that dullard, burukutu sipping president hear this. The late coming president,

6 Likes

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by iamboody(m): 6:52am On Sep 28, 2015
K
Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 28, 2015
Blunt truth! Only the zombies will gainsay or deny it.

Why should the Supreme Court Judges emerge from only one portion of the country?

Every sensible and unbiased Nigerian should have known by now that the system is skewed against the Southerners.

Let PMB be fair in his dealings.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:01am On Sep 28, 2015
Na this kain thread lalasticlala dey like push go frontpage.

1 Like

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by DelGardo: 7:12am On Sep 28, 2015
Please when did Buhari appoint supreme court justices? If they were all northerners during Jonathan's era how come it was not an issue?

I am all for equality but we must not pick and chose when to preach this message. If our "brother saw nothing wrong with the poor political structure under a "federal" system why are we talking re-structuring now?

The message is clear but the timing is suspect.

1 Like

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by noordean(m): 7:19am On Sep 28, 2015
This man is still pained that Jonathan lost the election.
Man of God indeed

1 Like

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by englishmart(m): 7:28am On Sep 28, 2015
Bihari is one defiant old man. he will just pretend he comment didn't exist...

2 Likes

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by UncleJudax(m): 7:36am On Sep 28, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
Na this kain thread lalasticlala dey like push go frontpage.
grin grin cheesy shocked
Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by otukpo(f): 7:43am On Sep 28, 2015
God bless the Bishop for speaking out the truth without fear.

1 Like

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by Agimor(m): 7:54am On Sep 28, 2015
That is one thing that distinguished the Catholic clergy from every other men of God they don't mince words always blunt.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by Yujin(m): 7:57am On Sep 28, 2015
You can quote me any day: it will be very lucky of this Bishop to survive this year. You can save this statement. I only hope that some other myopic people will learn a thing or two from what he said.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 28, 2015
singing in hausa "A CHANJA MANA KAFFIRRI ...."

i love naizooria.
Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by OfoIgbo: 8:21am On Sep 28, 2015
dearpreye:
Blunt truth! Only the zombies will gainsay or deny it.

Why should the Supreme Court Judges emerge from only one portion of the country?

I was lucky to catch a glimpse of this programme. Since I came back to Nigeria, I've only ever watched NTA extremely sparingly.
I was just about to switch to another channel as I didn't expect any radical preaching from NTA, when the Bishop mentioned Oritsejafor's name. I had already seen Osibanjo, Ekweremadu, Dogara and I expected it to be one of those honkydory, Excellent Nigeria sort of message.

Osibanjo may have a whole lot of explaining to give his boss for attending such a rebellious and seditious service.

I really expected NTA to pull the plug on the programme. They must have been taken unawares.

If Ikemba were alive, this is the church service he wouldnhave gladly attended

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by OfoIgbo: 8:25am On Sep 28, 2015
noordean:
This man is still pained that Jonathan lost the election.

Man of God indeed

He was fair.
At some point he took a dig at GEJ.

He also praised Buhari and Osibanjo for not succumbing to the move by the west to have homosexuality legalised in Nigeria
Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 28, 2015
Matthew Kukah does that too.
Agimor:
That is one thing that distinguished the Catholic clergy from every other men of God they don't mince words always blunt.

1 Like

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by MizMyColi(f): 8:42am On Sep 28, 2015
Agimor:

That's because they really have nothing to lose.
No wife, No children.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by MizMyColi(f): 8:44am On Sep 28, 2015
Ngeneukwenu come o
This catholic bishop has attacked Buhari like Bishop Kukah did.

When will you create a thread to call him out

cool cool cool cool
Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by 5starmilitant: 8:48am On Sep 28, 2015
OfoIgbo:

He was fair.
At some point he took a dig at GEJ.

He also praised Buhari and Osibanjo for not succumbing to the move by the west to have homosexuality legalised in Nigeria

God bless you........ The truth is bitter, but it must be said. The bishop took swipe at Gej also. It's not as if he took side with Gej.

I know the mastubating zombies are not gonna like this, they really want everybody to join them and lick the brainless messiah's ass.
Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by Kastonkastroll(m): 8:50am On Sep 28, 2015
our pastors and bishops have turned to full time politicians. Sad
Re: If You Rule With Discrimination, You Won't Go Far -bishop Bagobiri To Buhari by signature2012(m): 8:58am On Sep 28, 2015
A wonderful and remarkable speech from the Bishop.I love his boldness,the truth is always bitter,but is always sweeter when said.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toilet Position Of Some Nigerian States (graphic Photos) / APC Touts Busted Posting Fake Salary Alerts / "National Grazing Reserve Commission Bill" The Real Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.