Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,256 members, 7,811,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY (55962 Views)

See How Crowd Hailed El-rufai Today After Jumaat Prayer In Kaduna(pics) / Power Struggle Rocks APC / More Photos Of Buhari,Osinbajo And Saraki At Independence Day Celebration 2day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by omooba969(m): 10:33am On Sep 28, 2015
stcool:
Very good for Osibanjo....he gets what he deserves! Aboki would always be a aboki - grin shocked where is my hero GEJ pop another bottle of Champagne

A weak & clueless robber is your hero! undecided

Hmmm...children of now-a-days, Oga o!!!
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by Ramnon2: 10:40am On Sep 28, 2015
tobimillar:

Osinbajo sef may not want to contest for president. Besides we are not playing tribal politics cos if we are then it should be the turn of the igbos

So you mean Fulani should continue ruling. Lol
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by orisa37: 10:45am On Sep 28, 2015
It is a Conventional Constitution in many major Presidencial Democracies THAT THE VP IS THE SENATE PRESIDENT. By so doing, he oversees all Government billsand supervises party aspirations and policies. The Chief Justice of the Federation is always the Speaker of the House. In addition, all the Governors of the State are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO THE VP. ONLY the ministers and the VP are directly responsible to Mr. President. So in all deliberations, when the Senators know that the VP is always with them as their President, all of them, irrespective of party, will behave and make common sensible contributions in all debates. And when all State Governors report to VP directly, who will be El-Rufai not to behave and conform? This is how good democracies are run, ethnicisms, corruptions, and bad governments are also stopped. It is good for APC to initiate this now and allow PDP to follow this convention and constitutional arrangements for good government later. God bless Nigeria.
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by omooba969(m): 11:11am On Sep 28, 2015
Bonapart:
and what has happened so far? What has bubu and his fellow power hungry fools done. They even killing themselves for powers

Your apology and the one of your fellow zombies is still welcome

Very interesting how you managed to dodge the fact stated on how FeeDeeFee plunged our dear Nigeria into penury for 16yrs but shamelessly launched @PMB who's only been there for 4months.

Typical of wailing wailers! cool
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by ifyalways(f): 11:13am On Sep 28, 2015
teamchocolate:
He will always be better than Namadi Sambo the ghost worker and GEJ the clueless as vice president.. so pls shut it...

What is this thing that just quoted me?

What uncouth, hungry, lousy thing just quoted the very Beautiful Ify this blessed monday morning to talk trash?

Levels please. cool

2 Likes

Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by omooba969(m): 11:14am On Sep 28, 2015
orisa37:
It is a Conventional Constitution in many major Presidencial Democracies THAT THE VP IS THE SENATE PRESIDENT. By so doing, he oversees all Government billsand supervises party aspirations and policies. The Chief Justice of the Federation is always the Speaker of the House. In addition, all the Governors of the State are DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE TO THE VP. ONLY the ministers and the VP are directly responsible to Mr. President. So in all deliberations, when the Senators know that the VP is always with them as their President, all of them, irrespective of party, will behave and make common sensible contributions in all debates. And when all State Governors report to VP directly, who will be El-Rufai not to behave and conform? This is how good democracies are run, ethnicisms, corruptions, and bad governments are also stopped. It is good for APC to initiate this now and allow PDP to follow this convention and constitutional arrangements for good government later. God bless Nigeria.

Reference your claims please. cool
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by Bonapart(m): 11:17am On Sep 28, 2015
omooba969:

Very interesting how you managed to dodge the fact stated on how FeeDeeFee plunged our dear Nigeria into penury for 16yrs but shamelessly launched @PMB who's only been there for 4months.

Typical of wailing wailers! cool
and Obasanjo is now running the country with him... so brother where are we going
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by sage2(m): 11:19am On Sep 28, 2015
tobimillar:
Hell rufai be careful with ur comments. you are a good guy and am banking on you to become the president after PMB. Please apologize to osjibajo you need the votes of the yoruba's and redeemed christian church members.. pls apologize and don't be silly

Is it a crime for the Yorubas to become President after PMB? This slave mentality is killing you.
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by ekafine(f): 11:22am On Sep 28, 2015
As a woman we are not interested in the dirty politics
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by Rasdagama: 11:29am On Sep 28, 2015
When I hear people say people say that EL-rufai is brilliant, i wonder the type of brilliancy we are referring to here. Of what virtue is brilliance without Character? Of what virtue is his brilliancy, if he would insult Jesus Christ? Was it not the same Nasir that referred to Buhari as a terrorist? What virtue is in a brilliant man without respect for elders? These are some of the questions that Nasir should answer. I am in no way surprise, because, i know too well that El-rufai is a bastard, because he does not know his real biological father. The person he claimed to be his father was a man who recently died in kawo road, in Kawo Kaduna state, a man from Kaduna State, while El-rufai is said to be from Kogi State, according to history.So the fact that he could insult, without remorse, those who are older than his father, is a clear indication of the fact that he is a BASTARD.

For Osinbajo, whatever you see in Aso rock, please accept it. He who wines & dines with the devil, must have a very long spoon. You ought to have cried out, much more earlier than now.That you are crying now, is tantamount to crying over a split milk. Why didn't you cried when you were practically disallowed from attending a security meeting? That your loyalty was questionable?Why didn't you cried when you were sent to Borno to address IDPs? Do you need anyone to tell you that you supposedly "oga" is actually playing a script, to get you frustrated, so as to behave irrationally, thereafter, be insulted of irrationally behavoiur, sent out of Aso rock, then pave way for a much earlier agitated muslim-muslim ticket? My prayer for you is that you will not die like an housefly. The earlier, you raise up to the occasion, the better for you.

1 Like

Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by omooba969(m): 11:32am On Sep 28, 2015
Bonapart:
and Obasanjo is now running the country with him... so brother where are we going

I quite understand your standpoint & neither am I in support of unruly robbers we call politicians but jumping to conclusions will never help our argument i.e (as per OBJ running the country with PMB). cool
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by Bonapart(m): 11:38am On Sep 28, 2015
omooba969:

I quite understand your standpoint & neither am I in support of unruly robbers we call politicians but jumping to conclusions will never help our argument i.e (as per OBJ running the country with PMB). cool
it's called circlism... we going in circle
If care isn't taken buhari will be stoned in 4yrs from now
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by Bluffly: 11:39am On Sep 28, 2015
Chigold101:
wait until after today's meeting... More news, stories, propaganda will burst out... Hell Rufai as at now is the unofficial Vice President of Nigeria...

Osinbajo is still there because Buhari respects Tinubu a little.
If Osinbajo makes more noise he would be visiting CCB & CCT very soon...

Just as after this meeting, Timi Sylva doent shotup, he would receive a fresh invitation from the EFCC...

Media Bru haha. What I know is that Saraki's CCT Saga is not just about Buhari but a cohort from the camp of Buhari and Tinubu. I know El-rufai to be careless with talks and what happened is not enough to say he is the unofficial vice-president. All these are perspectives self.
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by Iko5000: 11:44am On Sep 28, 2015
Get ready for 2019 as Buhari role in this Government is John the baptist . The real President of Nigeria is scheming and forming his team for 2019.
Watch this space
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by omooba969(m): 11:44am On Sep 28, 2015
Bonapart:
it's called circlism... we going in circle
If care isn't taken buhari will be stoned in 4yrs from now

Stone ke? shocked cheesy

Take it easy o brotherly! grin
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by Bonapart(m): 11:51am On Sep 28, 2015
omooba969:

Stone ke? shocked cheesy

Take it easy o brotherly! grin
tel me dat wen it happen
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by carlogero: 12:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
If truly El-rufai said Mona haiki, it means "we are working" Or "we are at work"

The VP might find it insulting depending on El-rufai's countenance and body language when the statement was made. You know there's a way you say "thank you" and the person you're thanking will feel belittled.

Above all, all I need is a Nigeria that works for all!
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by VirginFinder: 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
perryy:

Strategic? Wow! But between osinbanjo and Buhari, who do you think will die first? This is the notion , which the north is aware of , which makes them to treat Osinbanjo the way they do.

Should anything happens to Buhari today, the north will eliminate Osinbanjo before they announce anything. Once beaten ,twice shy. The north is not ready for another Yaradua/ Jonathan experience. It is for this reason they do shot out osinbanjo in every security meeting. The meetings are all about securing the north political future and control.. Take note Mr strategist.

Come on, the abokkis can't try that.

If they couldnt do it to GEJ, a minorty, they can NEVER think of doing it to a Yoruba man.

The country will be thrown to into unimaginable chaos.

By the way, PMB looks like someone who doesnt mind an Osinbajo succeeding him anyhow. He seems to be quite fond of him.

As regards the bolded, it's mere wishful thinking of the envious ones, the ibo slavves, who do not have any representative at such meetings and are extremely pained as a result.
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by front247: 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2015
Apc ideology is abt lies and propaganda. A marriage of strange bed fellows. They are heading for destruction
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by front247: 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
V.P does not have a define function which is not good, d constitution should specify d role of a vice president. He should have an active role to play
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by VirginFinder: 12:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
Nelsizzy:
You are a big fool.

E pain am

hahaha
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by breakeven: 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
Is Elrufai no longer the governor of Kaduna state? what is he doing in Abuja Struggling with vice president Osibanjo? wonders shall never end with this shortput.And why is baba quiet over this issue. Me thinks he should send Elrufai back to his state to govern the people of kaduna state who voted for him.
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by 5starmilitant: 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
omooba969:

You must be one of the chief wailers. grin

Yes........a very proud one. grin
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by Spybradd: 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
Akosxxx:
crywhy dem dey under rate diz guy na
that commisio.....errr that veepee dòn suffer...
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by Nelsizzy(m): 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2015
VirginFinder:

E pain am
hahaha
It pains me that you are wasting away.
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by calaway: 2:22pm On Sep 28, 2015
ExInferis:
APC just wasnt ready for power

Im also worried with the way buhari is shutting out everyone from the business of governance, taking advice from the likes of el rufai who happens to be a very arrogant little tramp, and obasanjo instead.

I'm glad we got rid of Jonah, but i foresee greater troubles ahead if buhari does not sort himself out, chart a course, and provide an all inclusive leadership. This cantankerous politics of APC and the various splinter factions most certainly is a harbinger of bad days ahead.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

the greater troubles are unfolding already

-President drops EFCC corruption charges against Sylvia and Audu and the corrupt duo are now the flag bearers of APC which claims to be anathema to corruption
-Arrogant Nepotism buhari making his inlaw the chairperson of INEC
-An elected VP of the nation is locked out of key meetings and relgated to the background by the president
-JPMORGAN delists Nigeria.
-Foreign Investors pull over N400 billion from our economy,
*Banks are laying off staff in large numbers.
-Construction Sector has laid off over 30,000 workers.
-Inflation rate keeps getting higher.
-Cost of food stuff is all time high since 5 years.
-Nigeria is no longer investors favourite destination.
-Boko Haram terrorists continues their onslaughts.
-Fulani Herdsmen kills and kidnap.
-CNNMoney removes Nigeria from the list of countries with steady economic growth rate.
-APC fighting APC.
In all these POVERTY seem to be winning. These are some of the issues which led IBB to sack the government of Buhari-now we are back to square one
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by Akosxxx(m): 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2015
Spybradd:

that commisio.....errr that veepee dòn suffer...
haha.. you wan tk style join dem abi

1 Like

Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by Chigold101(m): 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2015
Bluffly:

Media Bru haha. What I know is that Saraki's CCT Saga is not just about Buhari but a cohort from the camp of Buhari and Tinubu. I know El-rufai to be careless with talks and what happened is not enough to say he is the unofficial vice-president. All these are perspectives self.
That's why I wrote what I wrote.

Hell Rufai is called in official VP cos he has more access to PMB that the official VP
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by Ndolarr: 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2015
All I know is that the ever effective German Machine VP and El Rufai are great Nigerians serving their fatherland. The reported feud is a figment of the imagination of lazy unproductive journalists and PDP sympathizers! Even if the feud ever happened, these two great Nigerians know how to handle it in the interest of Nigeria. Enough of this distraction, let the two great men serve Nigeria. They are definitely no pushovers, politically, professionally and economically. They are simply among the best brains we have in Nigeria presently
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by teamchocolate: 5:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
Which stupid levels...u slighted the vice president of my country with ur comment.. u had it coming at ya!!!

And u are 'the thing'! undecided undecided

So Bleep off my mention!

ifyalways:
What is this thing that just quoted me?

What uncouth, hungry, lousy thing just quoted the very Beautiful Ify this blessed monday morning to talk trash?

Levels please. cool

Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by ExInferis(m): 6:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Much as you're entitled to your opinion, i however would like to point out that my earlier comment wasnt an unnecessary political attack for the sake of it; i was merely being a realist. However as is my habit here's a point-by-point rebuttal:

calaway:

President drops EFCC corruption charges against Sylvia and Audu and the corrupt duo are now the flag bearers of APC which claims to be anathema to corruption

The president is not the one running EFCC or any of the anti corruption bodies. He's made it clear several times that, in a clean break from the past, he wont interfere in their duties. That's how things should be. You dont think Obama tells the FBI who to arrest or discharge, do you?

calaway:

Arrogant Nepotism buhari making his inlaw the chairperson of INEC

Not against the law. If the person is competent and professional then no need to raise alarm. Bobby Kenney was Attorney General to his brother John Kennedy.

calaway:

An elected VP of the nation is locked out of key meetings and relgated to the background by the president

We've only the papers' side of the story. The VP himself isnt complaining. . Vice President isnt Vice Commander in Chief.Obama often times has briefings from the Intelligence Community without Biden present.

calaway:

JPMORGAN delists Nigeria

And JP Morgan decides our collective destiny? Since we were delisted, how many people couldnt afford a meal as a direct consequence? This is just the dynamics of funds management and business. For Christ's sake we dont even have a fully functional government yet.

calaway:

Foreign Investors pull over N400 billion from our economy

Temporary setback, which they did even in the time of GEJ when BH was at the peak of its rampage. Believe me, the'll bring it all back, and then some. Especially now that we've relatively stable power, there's a crackdown on pirates, bunkerers and vandals.

calaway:

Banks are laying off staff in large numbers.

Banks have always been laying off staff. Government does not create businesses for banks, the banks themselves do. Government has no business in business, free market economy. So if they got the plug pulled out on them and no more money laundering and no more stashed looted funds and no more government accounts, then they should go back to the core retail banking. . When life hands you a lemon......

calaway:

Construction Sector has laid off over 30,000 workers.

What?! These people are wage earners.
I could argue that the number one construction that had always been going on was looters building mansions, shopping malls, guest houses etc.If such looters decide to be cautious, is that the president's fault?

calaway:

Inflation rate keeps getting higher.

True. Dwindling oil sales, insecurity, consumption based economy, lack of both fiscal and physical policy since there's yet to be a government.....patient, bro. When we an economic team in place, then solutions might be proffered.

calaway:

Cost of food stuff is all time high since 5 years.

So 6 years ago we had the same situation, back then when we had a full cabinet and a Ph.D in government AND in the Ministry of Finance. By the way when you mentioned inflation, this one goes under it.

calaway:

Nigeria is no longer investors favourite destination.

How can it be? Who's there to make policies that attract investors when the government is not yet in place? We're running around in circles here. Let's make this observation a year from now when the cabinet is supposed to have recorded some milestones.

calaway:

Boko Haram terrorists continues their onslaughts.

Quite, but at a diminished scale. When was the last time they invaded and held a whole territory and sent our soldiers shamelessly fleeing? Historically terrorism doesnt get squashed in a day. The IRA is still around, Al Qaeda is still around, ISIS is still around, the Talibans are still around, Al Shabaab is still around. You cannot wipe away an ideology; you degrade it. Even Obama with all the might of his coalition mentioned degrading ISIS, not wiping them out. However we hope to succeed in reducing them to a largely ineffectual band of misguided young fools.

calaway:

Fulani Herdsmen kills and kidnap.

As do igboes, yoruba, niger deltans etc. Please stop making it a fulani thing when the rate of kidnap in the south east is higher. This is something that has been going on for a while, so let's not pretend it began 3 months ago.

calaway:

CNNMoney removes Nigeria from the list of countries with steady economic growth rate.

A station that cannot precisely show Nigeria on their map?

calaway:

APC fighting APC.

True. APC was always a scam vehicle. I placed my bet on Buhari, not Amaechi, Tinubu, Lai Mohammed, or the thousands of immigrants from other political parties who jumped aboard the APC bandwagon just for their selfish ends, including Kwankwaso, Saraki, Tambuwal, Sylva etc. But PDP is not helping matters with their venomous opposition to nation building. Fanning the embers of the national assembly crisis does not present the PDP in a positive spotlight of reform and rebirth.

Like i said, your opinion matters and i respect it. But i cannot accept the thinly veiled attempt at placing the problems of decades at the feet of a man who's just 3 months in office without a cabinet. I do not condone ALL of Buhari's approach to matters, but we elected him for 4 years and the man has barely started. SO i consider it pretty mischievous to list all sorts of beguiling problems that needed years to unravel and demand he fixes it in 3 months.

To be fair to you and everyone else with similar opinion to yours, i understand your impatience, i share it too, even though Im pro Buhari and ambivalent towards the APC. But here are my problems with Buhari:

His silence on national matters and the cries of Nigerians is troubling. We need explanations DIRECT FROM HIM why the cabinet took too long to form, not the 3rd hand babblings of hirelings like Adesina and the inept Garba Shehu. Change demands some sacrifice, and things must sometimes go down before they can come up, thus some facetime with the president talking dierectly to nigerians on their expectations, disappointments, pain and anguish could help, not hiding behind his media team and trusting his "body language". We need a sense of heading on his moral compass.

I understand the seeming duplicity of touting fighting corruption and then parleying with the likes of Amaechi and Tinubu; Well, it's a necessary evil of politics. Buhari on his own merit could never achieve Aso Rock. SO let's swallow the bitter pill and move on.

Also the igbos, (not the "igboes" ) deserve better than the weird "97% and 5%" permutation as Nigerians (not the biafran crazies), whether or not they voted for him. The US midwest and deep south are conservative and pro republican. Obama didnt allocate his efforts based on voting patterns.

BUt in as much as we're not happy, we've to acknowledge that the business of governance begins with a government in place. So i suggest we be patient on some key indices of the economy until at least a year from now.

However, we CAN continue to rail against certain happenings that are unfolding only just now as the creation of the power tussle between the APC barons: Atiku and Tinubu, and the President's apparent indifference to this cold war. What those 2 dubious gladiators do would make or mar the Buhari government, having achieved office on the back of the APC vehicle. To some, APC and Buhari are synonymous, the fate of one tied to the other. Hence the need for PMB to abandon his injurious aloofness.

Change always is turbulent, even painfully so. Here's where equanimity is sought of us.

May Nigeria be great again.
Re: APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY by favourlove1: 6:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
politricks:
Why are people just speaking to vice president anyhow. First Saraki now el rufai
n d swest isn't frowning at it cuz they have no choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Attacks Tinubu Over Support For Buhari / Keyamo Speaks On Relationship With Jerry Ikogho, Fraudster Nabbed By FBI / Dino Melaye: “I Would Rather Be With Stella Oduah, A More Robust Woman" - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.