Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,607 members, 7,770,601 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:00 PM

8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special (31286 Views)

9 Questions To Ask Your Web Designer After Handing Over Your Website / Blog Forces Readers To Read Posts Before Commenting / 3 Questions You Must Ask Yourself Before Choosing A Niche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by kingobama2: 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
Ah, the comments section.

It’s where the Internet — in all its terrible glory — weighs in on the hottest issues of the day. And after you read a particularly incendiary article, you too may be tempted to weigh in.

Not so fast, champ.

Before you leave your magnum opus in that comment field, take a deep breath and ask yourself these questions. With a little introspection, you may be able to avoid an ugly feud or a lot of embarrassment

1. Does this comment represent me well?

Your comments show the Internet what kind of person you are. Make sure it’s a good one, not a terrible garbage one.

2. Would I want my #1 role model, most likely NaijaIdols, to read this comment?

Whether your role model of choice is your mother, your college Biology professor or Naijaidols, make sure your Internet comment is something your idol would be proud to read.

3. Am I reading a satirical article?

Does the article seem too crazy to be true? That could be because, uh … it’s not.

4. Is my comment offensive?

If your comment contains slurs or relies on stereotypes, reconsider posting. Some jokes aren’t worth hurting others or perpetuating harmful structures — no matter how hilarious you think they are.

5. Did a loved one — perhaps my son — write this article?

It doesn’t matter how much you disagree with the article’s content — if your own estranged child wrote it, you should address your qualms in person.

6. Has someone already expressed my opinion using similar words?

If another user has already made your comment, you should be excited. It means you don’t have to write anything. Just upvote and nod, pal.

7. Will I act chill if people disagree with me?

You know the old popular saying: If you can’t take the Internet, get out of that Internet.

8. Did I actually read the article?

Did you forget to read the article again? Oh, you!

http://worldchoice.net/8-questions-to-ask-yourself-before-commenting-online/

45 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by Nobody: 2:04am On Sep 30, 2015
La click, la...
Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by Beedemi247: 9:43am On Sep 30, 2015
nice piece

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by isblog(m): 9:43am On Sep 30, 2015
Hmmmm

Nice thread I must say

1 Like

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by ITSAWRAPWORLD: 9:43am On Sep 30, 2015
grin grin grin

Fellow Nairalanders, please check out our incredible offer below

1 Like

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by ionsman: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2015
Na zo.

When next someone insults you, your family and your generation, be polite in your response so your idol wont be disappointed. ... undecided

Story for Amadioha... grin

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by dazzlingd(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2015
Nice piece.

but no matter how nice a thread cud be, always expect these categories of people;
Religious warriors
Tribal warriors
wailing wailers

just watch out for them, they will all be here

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2015
Will it make front page?

Should I book space?

Introvert and LadyF should know what I mean.

11 Likes

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by sosodevf(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2015
?
Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by adonbilivit: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2015
yeah, u are right. this is applicable after booking space tho. how do u think introvert bags FTC? if she considers this before booking space, ladyF will overthrown her

3 Likes

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by CashNaira96: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2015
sosodevf:
?
ionsman:
Na zo.
Beedemi247:
lol
captainboris:
La click, la...

chai... Its like you guys didnt read the post abi
space bookers

3 Likes

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by omusiliyu(m): 9:45am On Sep 30, 2015
Introvert and Lady F. Please come and read this.

1 Like

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by Mutuwa(m): 9:45am On Sep 30, 2015
smiley

the most requisite thing is for one to be patience and;

before you SPEAK listen

before you WRITE think

before you CRITICIZE wait

problem is that most people don't read to understand,rather to put up a rejoinder.I really don't blame them,often you discover that the one putting up the question,puts up a very absurd one and therefore he get a qualified answer.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by mznuez(f): 9:45am On Sep 30, 2015
Why will I do all this??

2 Likes

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by GodMode: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2015
Tell that to the paid e-thugs...

1 Like

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2015
tell them o
Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by Ayowumie(m): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2015
Apology to digress. Why are plenty comments hidden on this thread?

1 Like

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by money121(m): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2015
Nice one...
Please tell dem ooooo

jobless Nigeria youth.. Jus makin noise on social media..

Buhari is here to find job for una..

Eyi oniranu oshi..
Most xpecially nairaland and twitter...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by ratumatu: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2015
Seems these comments are causing headache somewhere

1 Like

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by passionate88: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2015
Na so?. But my comments on Nigerian girls is not offensive. The truth isn't offensive, if anybody finds it offensive, that person needs to change HER attitude/character.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by Pidggin(f): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2015
ok
Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by damton(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2015
Good write up.
Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by Emekamex(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2015
Wetin concern me

4 Likes

Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by allisonluvsu(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2015
hnmmmm
Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by fejikudz(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2015
hmmmm
Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by jemigold: 9:47am On Sep 30, 2015
Good questions
Re: 8 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Commenting Online, So Special by seunlayi(m): 9:47am On Sep 30, 2015
I Can tell you that must Nairalanders are usually temporary crazy whenever they have the opportunity of commenting on the FP, this is gradually making any thread on Nairaland making little sense, you only get better comments when you get to subsequent pages. SOMETHING NEED TO BE DONE ASAP

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dara Oladosu Accepts Twitter Job Offer, Meets Jack Dorsey / Now That Alexa Has Closed Down / Google Celebrates Christmas With This Wonderful Doodle, Check It Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.