Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 (2284 Views)

The Infinix Hot S And The Tecno Camon C9 Go Head 2 Head / Unboxing The Tecno Camon C9 In Pictures / The Tecno Phantom 5 & The LED TV + Multitasking / Battery Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by henry007(m): 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2015
When MobilityArena.com first published the specifications of TECNO’s new baby, Phantom 5 there were a few missing gaps. These included screen technology and phone weight. Also, readers wanted to know if there would be software updates made available for the device. I have good news on all three counts, and this is from the Product Director, so it is authoritative.

Screen Technology
The Phantom 5 uses In-cell touch technology and has Gorilla Glass 3 with anti-fingerprint coating. In-cell technology refers to a standard of LCD displays that allow mobile devices to have thinner form factors and keep a low weight even when the display increases in size. Apple’s iPhone 5 was among the first to use it.

Like I said in my impressions of the Phantom 5, the display looks and feels superb. These new info simply explain to me why it is.

Weight
The Phantom 5 weighs 172g, battery and all. That is a good weight for its size.

Software Update
TECNO confirms that a planned upgrade of the Phantom 5 to Android 6.X.X Marshmallow is scheduled for June 2016. This is a first for a TECNO smartphone, I believe, and it is a welcome development.

There you have it. We have updated the TECNO phantom 5 specifications and TECNO Phantom 5 versus OnePlus 2 versus Asus Zenfone 2 comparison pages with all these fresh information. Don’t forget to check out my first impressions of the Phantom 5.

Source: http://mobilityarena.com/we-have-new-details-of-tecno-phantom-5s-screen-weight-and-planned-software-update/

Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by jaysay(m): 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
I got updates on my TECNO Camon C8 already. But I hope it won't be asking for too much if I get Android M on my Camon C8 too.
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by sats: 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
jaysay:
I got updates on my TECNO Camon C8 already. But I hope it won't be asking for too much if I get Android M on my Camon C8 too.
its not asking for too much na
haba
you ill get android m, n, o and p fir you camon c8
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by Whizpeter(m): 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2015
June Lohun Lohun... undecided
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by Alfred234(m): 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2015
June 2016 ke? By that time 7.0 would have been out #smh
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by Defaramade(m): 12:31am On Sep 29, 2015
See Tecno o, update to Marshmallow in June when Google would have announced another version of Android.
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by drizzypat: 1:46am On Sep 29, 2015
Alfred234:
June 2016 ke? By that time 7.0 would have been out #smh
when do I think a full version m will be out?

#smh
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by emvuatt: 7:21am On Sep 29, 2015
Please need solution to root my Phantom 5
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by daremarvell: 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
henry007:
When MobilityArena.com first published the specifications of TECNO’s new baby, Phantom 5 there were a few missing gaps. These included screen technology and phone weight. Also, readers wanted to know if there would be software updates made available for the device. I have good news on all three counts, and this is from the Product Director, so it is authoritative.

Screen Technology
The Phantom 5 uses In-cell touch technology and has Gorilla Glass 3 with anti-fingerprint coating. In-cell technology refers to a standard of LCD displays that allow mobile devices to have thinner form factors and keep a low weight even when the display increases in size. Apple’s iPhone 5 was among the first to use it.

Like I said in my impressions of the Phantom 5, the display looks and feels superb. These new info simply explain to me why it is.

Weight

Software Update
TECNO confirms that a planned upgrade of the Phantom 5 to Android 6.X.X Marshmallow is scheduled for June 2016. This is a first for a TECNO smartphone, I believe, and it is a welcome development.

There you have it. We have updated the TECNO phantom 5 specifications and TECNO Phantom 5 versus OnePlus 2 versus Asus Zenfone 2 comparison pages with all these fresh information. Don’t forget to check out my first impressions of the Phantom 5.

Source: http://mobilityarena.com/we-have-new-details-of-tecno-phantom-5s-screen-weight-and-planned-software-update/
. @OP, send me a chat, thanks
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by BenKafor(m): 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
sexy phone

henry007:

Screen Technology

Weight

Software Update

Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by BenKafor(m): 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
I got updates too. I was glad when it came in

jaysay:
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by BenKafor(m): 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
you wona root it? why

emvuatt:
Please need solution to root my Phantom 5
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by Melons(f): 11:30pm On Sep 30, 2015
Rooting makes so much sense though

BenKafor:
you wona root it? why

Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by Melons(f): 11:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
Looks very well like an advanced version of the Camon.
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by BenKafor(m): 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2015
In what way?

Melons:
Rooting makes so much sense though

Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by BenKafor(m): 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2015
It cant even be compared to camon

Melons:
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by chukwuboy2001: 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
hi guys, I have a tecno phantom 5for sale which I got as a bday gift about 4days ago... 68k..already own a Samsung galaxy so I want to sell the tecno... If you have got anyone interested please send me an email chukwuboy2001@yahoo.com... Don't want to put my number on here. Thanks
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by Femikutti: 5:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
Yea it wont
jaysay:
Re: Future Updates For The TECNO Phantom 5 by Femikutti: 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
It no way in look alike to Camon
Melons:

(1) (Reply)

Please Help My Sister's Nokia Lumia 1520 (Picture) / Download Android P (android 9.0) - OTA Images Available / Nokia 6.1 Screen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.