Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 (30182 Views)

Photos Of The 82 Released Chibok Girls Meeting With Abba Kyari & Others In Abuja / Buhari Confirms The Release of 82 Chibok Girls, To Meet Them in Abuja Today / Deacon Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by Evaromantik(m): 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
RIP to you.............so,you didn't live to see how PDP will snatch power off APC.................heiyaaaa!.....very sad indeed
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by juman(m): 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
The man has died.

The generation that could not transform the country.
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by atlwireles: 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
Another great one steps across the line of life. May God bless the family he leaves behind.

GAMALIEL O. ONOSODE

Born 22 May, 1933, Mr. G. O. Onosode has chaired several private and public sector businesses and initiatives. He was Chairman & Chief Executive of NAL Bank Plc (1973-79) Other major businesses and initiatives that he has chaired include Dunlop Nigeria Plc (since 1984), Cadbury Nigeria Plc (1977-93), Presidential Commission on Parastatals (1981), Nigeria LNG Working Committee and Nigeria LNG Limited (1985-90) and the Niger Delta Environmental Survey (since 1995). Mr. Onosode was Presidential Adviser on Budget Affairs and Director of Budget (1983). He is a Fellow of the Economic Development Institute of the World Bank, the Nigerian Institute of Management, of which he was President (1979-82). He is also a Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria, having been elected to membership of its Board of Fellows in 1998.

In addition, Mr. Onosode is immediate past and inaugural President of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers, immediate past Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the Governing Council of the University of Uyo and immediate past and inaugural President & Chairman of Council of the Association of Pension Funds of Nigeria. He is an Honorary Fellow of the Nigerian Academy of Letters and holds Honorary D.Sc. degrees of Obafemi Awolowo University (1990), the University of Benin (1995), and the Rivers State University of Science and Technology (2003) as well as Honorary D.D. degree of The Nigerian Baptist Theological Seminary, Ogbomoso (2002).

Mr. Onosode was admitted to the Honour Roll of Mellanby Hall, University of Ibadan, in 1982. He is a pioneer recipient of the Ughelli Descendants Union Distinguished Service Award (2000) and recipient of the Faculty of Arts University of Ibadan Golden Jubilee Distinguished Alumnus Merit Award (2001).

Mr. Gamaliel Onosode was a Member of the inaugural Provisional Governing Council of Bowen University, Iwo. He is currently Chairman of the Delta State Think-Tank on Development, the Global Missions Board of the Nigerian Baptist Convention and the Governing Council of The Nigerian Baptist Theological Seminary, Ogbomoso.
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by globalresource: 12:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
This is one of the technocrats I have so much respect for
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by kestolove95(m): 1:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
Oya clap for him...
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by initiate: 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
Former Presidential Candidate Of ANPP, Gamaliel Onosode, Is Dead (Pictured) «

The title is misleading. He was more prominent as a business man than a politician.

3 Likes

Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by sirxbit(m): 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
Rip sir...a true sailor,a philantropist.i remember those days in govt college wen people like onosode took it upon themselves to make sure young sailors like us make it in life by taking our studies serious.today u left withing us having the oportunity to say thank u.govt college ughelli will always remember you,university of ibadan will always remember u.rest in peace sir
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by NICOGRAVITY: 1:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
A great GEM has left this earth, we have lost am irreplaceable theocrats, a father, a nationalist , and a brother.
Rest in peace.
Our prayers to you lovely family.
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by Bhadmus77(m): 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
shocked[color=#000099][/color] R I P
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by Sirtford: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
The NBC truely has lost a dedicated son and father. May God grant him rest in His glorious abode and console the ones he has left behind.

Amen
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by Bobnotrouble: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
RIP
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by obuduman: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
[b]One of Nigeria's Few Great men.......RIP[/b][/size][size=8pt]
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by rusher14: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
He was a indeed a captain of industry.

Always well spoken with little controversy in his public life.

May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by Riodiao(m): 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
so sad, a devoted christian
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by cabaliciouscabal: 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
omaniblog:
i happened to meet this man back then i sapele delta state.. at Ebenizer baptized church sapele where he was a deacon

U met him? Or saw him from afar.

Pls don't look for cheap publicity here, especially now dat d man is dead and he is no more around to debunk ur claim.

R.I.P.P, one of d greatest man I ever loved, His attributes all encompassing. May d gd Lord grant ur soul. Sir.
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by Sirtford: 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
juman:
The man has died.

The generation that could not transform the country.

He has contributed his quota. What have u done

With this ur bad English, I doubt u even being able to transform urself not to talk of ur village or even the country.

1 Like

Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by anthonychido: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
Rest in peace
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by xareal(m): 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
holyokoto:
maybe the Memory of last election, anyway RIP
mumu
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by Reference(m): 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
Was a great man. Will be missed by many.
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by mbhs139(m): 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
lekanolas:

immediate past Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the Governing Council of the University of Uyo Lagos

He was the immediate past Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of the Governing Council of the University of Lagos till, I think 2012/13, before Jerry Gana, the current one was appointed.
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by lincolnj88: 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
Former old boys association president of my school ...Governement college Ughelli
RIP sir
From a fellow sailor
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by mbulela: 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
Great man.
Worthy urhobo son.
A lover of Jesus and proponent of Godly characters.
A renowned boardroom titan with impeccable public integrity.
A man of value and principles.
Peaceful rest. You lived a good life and may your family uphold the Godly heritage.
These sort of Nigerians are increasingly rare in the public space.

1 Like

Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by otokx(m): 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
May God bless us all as we reflect on the life and times of Elder Gamaliel Onosode.
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by PentiumPro(f): 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
mbulela:
Great man.
Worthy urhobo son.
A lover of Jesus and proponent of Godly characters.
A renowned boardroom titan with impeccable public integrity.
A man of value and principles.
Peaceful rest. You lived a good life and may your family uphold the Godly heritage.
These sort of Nigerians are increasingly rare in the public space.

A worthy epitaph, nothing more to add.

Rest in Peace, a good man.
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by Ghandi12: 1:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
RIP sweet Dad. Every time I listened to him on tv then I always felt a rush of hope springing in me. May Almighty guide you home.
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by Rotimi47: 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
RIP pa Onosode.
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by daygee1(m): 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
Man of stature…
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by omaniblog(m): 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
cabaliciouscabal:

U met him? Or saw him from afar.

Pls don't look for cheap publicity here, especially now dat d man is dead and he is no more around to debunk ur claim.

R.I.P.P, one of d greatest man I ever loved, His attributes all encompassing. May d gd Lord grant ur soul. Sir.
hey... i knw wat i said...
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by HopeAlive14(m): 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
Rest in Peace.

And may God give your family and friends the grace to bear your transition to higher glory.
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by MAYOWAAK: 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
He was a contemporary of Former Justice Minister,Bola Ige and ex commonwealth secretary General, Emeka Anyaoku in the Department of Classics at the University of Ibadan in the 1950's.Many years ago I think in 2000,I read an an interview he granted to THE GUARDIAN NEWSPAPERS wherein he said he courted his wife for only 27 days.They met on the 1st of October of a year I can't recollect now and got married on the 28th of October of the same year.

1 Like

Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by masinga07(m): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
Well respected man. i remember he was one of the committee members dat helped settle ASUU strike of 2009. he has also head many peace commitee in baptist convention nd circular. A true and devoted baptist Deacon. R.I.P sir
Re: Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 by tiblow: 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
One of the best personalty Africa ever produced. Epitome of a true African. Rest in the bosom of Jesus.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov. Fayose Replies Femi Falana (SAN) / Senator Dino Melaye Mocks SGF Babachir Lawal Over His Suspension "Aje Kun Iya" / Oluwo Of Iwo Land Welcome Tinubu, Oyetola & Others For Next Level Campaign (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.