Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,964 members, 7,810,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra (5754 Views)

Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 / I Support The Struggle For The Independence Of Palestine – Senator Sani Shehu / If Tinubu Supports The Right Person, I’ll Support The Wrong Person — Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by FreeGlobe(f): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2015
As culled from his speech at UNGA

As we engage in these annual debates, we need remind ourselves of the principles that led to the founding of the United Nations. Among those are peaceful coexistence and self-determination of peoples. In this context, Mr. President, the unresolved question of self-determination for the Palestinian people and those of Western Sahara, both nations having been adjusted by the United Nations as qualifying for this inalienable right must now be assured and fulfilled without any further delay or obstacle.
The international community has come to pin its hopes on resolving the Palestinian issue through the two – states solution which recognises the legitimate right of each state to exist in peace and security. The world has no more excuses or reasons to delay the implementation of the long list of Security Council resolutions on this question. Neither do we have the moral right to deny any people their freedom or condemn them indefinitely to occupation and blockade

Is it not hypocritical for Buhari to openly declare support for the self-determination of Palestine "without any further delay" and reject to do same for Biafra.. Is this not confusion, hypocrisy or both?

21 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by donTbone(m): 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
The italicized was said by U.S president! sad

That's his own Opinion, UN, all together have to decide.

Even Obama alone cant make the decision for the two Nations
Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by Uncleodi(m): 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
Scammer
Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by freedom96: 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hmm....palestinians have president,do you guys have president?Palestine was once an existing nation,with national rights was there anything like biafra? And lastly,palestinians don't go on investing in Israel or crying to be appointed as ministers in Israeli government,does biafra do the same?

Hypocrisy is when you want to be a minister in my country yet you want a separate county

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by adedayourt(m): 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by Uncleodi(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2015
If I had booked space, I would have been ftc

Just Negodu this Guy...power of milliseconds.

donTbone:
Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by FreeGlobe(f): 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
Buhari has just finished himself with this statement.. where are his zombies? ngeneukwenu, beremx, ibedun, aresa,

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by OVI75(m): 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2015
Wot were we expectin from an islamic and tribal bigot.

Palestinian independence is seen as an islamic project from the Arab world perspective.
If it were Jonathan that had supported Israels tactical ethnic cleansing of gaza it would have been AREWA and Apc shouting foul.

Nigeria as an entity is an injustice in it self.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by FreeGlobe(f): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
lalasticlala we want to know why? FP
Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by zinachidi(m): 3:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
land of the rising sun grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by FreeGlobe(f): 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
donTbone:
The italicized was said by U.S president! sad

That's his own Opinion, UN, all together have to decide.

Even Obama alone cant make the decision for the two Nations
shut up, those were buhari's words verbatim

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by donTbone(m): 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
Uncleodi:
If I had booked space, I would have been ftc

Just Negodu this Guy...power of milliseconds.

grin grin grin
And now that am FTC, can you just congratulate me?

And besides, what's the meaning of that 'Negodu'
Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by FreeGlobe(f): 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
Chaiii... what a hypocrite? I have never seen it like this in my life..

1 Like

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by donTbone(m): 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

shut up, those were buhari's words verbatim

Hey woman or whatever, u need not shut me up, we
just sharing ideas here. Simple correction would have
saved you the stress of typing! angry

That you yet to have your lunch aint my fault now! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by Intrepid01(m): 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:
As culled from his speech at UNGA

Is it not hypocritical for Buhari to openly declare support for the self-determination of Palestine "without any further delay" and reject to do same for Biafra.. Is this not confusion, hypocrisy or both?

Na wa for you ooo. So Palestine was a region in a Country before shey?

Why are you not being sincere or you don't have adequate knowledge about Palestine?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by menix(m): 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
Seriously Buhari is a hypocrite, a Hypo dullard..

Jst like one mumu above said,
Palestine was once a nation, abeg that mumu should tell me if The eastern part of Nigeria was not independent nation before the useless Lord Luggard came in...

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
Brafia must stand with or without PMB

Infact, we Brafians do not need any support from dullard(s)

1 Like

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by FreeGlobe(f): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
Intrepid01:

Why are you not being sincere or you don't have adequate knowledge about Palestine?
Buhari allowed his religious affiliation to becloud his sense of reasoning.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

1 Like

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by stockbull(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
I shook my head when I heard the man say that in his speech. This is tantamount to a man who concerns himself with chasing rodents while his house is on fire.

Buhari is neither ready to implement the recommendations of the last national conference, yet he preaches self-determination.

Zombies will always follow their leaders 'mumuishly' hailing #Sai Baba

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 29, 2015
Intrepid01:

I am sure you know nothing about what you just posted. Go to Google and type in the word 'Palestine', then come back here and correct yourself.

I am waiting...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by Intrepid01(m): 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Buhari allowed his religious affiliation to becloud his sense of reasoning.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

Madam, forget about religious inclination or not. I am a Christian but any follower of world politics will know that what Israel with the support of the Western countries are doing to Palestine is totally unjust. Palestine deserves its full autonomy and should be supported the same way Israel was supported in 1948 when they became recognized as a country. As human beings our concern should be about humanity and our views should be determined by morality not on religious line.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by FreeGlobe(f): 3:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
Intrepid01:

Madam, forget about religious inclination or not. I am a Christian but any follower of world politics will know that what Israel with the support of the Western countries are doing to Palestine is totally unjust. Palestine deserves its full autonomy and should be supported the same way Israel was supported in 1948 when they became recognized as a country. As human beings our concern should be about humanity and our views should be determined by morality not on religious line.
so what about biafra? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by Intrepid01(m): 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

so what about biafra? undecided

with due respect, there was never a country called Biafra. The South-Eastern part of Nigeria wants to secede, Yes, that's true. But to compare a sovereign state, Palestine with a region under a Country is quite a mis-match. When we talk about Biafra, we talk about Catalonia in Spain.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by FreeGlobe(f): 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
Intrepid01:

with due respect, there was never a country called Biafra. The South-Eastern part of Nigeria wants to secede, Yes, that's true. But to compare a sovereign state, Palestine with a region under a Country is quite a mis-match. When we talk about Biafra, we talk about Catalonia in Spain.
you are just trying hard to explain the difference between 12 and half a dozen. Go and read the statement on this issue by buhari and tell me why it does not apply to biafra

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by Intrepid01(m): 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
20pounds:

I am sure you know nothing about what you just posted. Go to Google and type in the word 'Palestine', then come back here and correct yourself.

I am waiting...

Guy, I wish you knew how wrong you are on what you just wrote. I cant stop laughing at I don't know what am saying about Palestine. I am not one of those people that runs to google for information on certain things. I have been following world politics since September 11, 2001 and I have read many books to show for it. I watch not just CNN unlike many of you, I also watch AJE and PRESSTV. when it comes to middle - east issh, trust me I am familiar with the politics and happenings. okay

1 Like

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by Intrepid01(m): 3:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

you are just trying hard to explain the difference between 12 and half a dozen. Go and read the statement on this issue by buhari and tell me why it does not apply to biafra

Hmm. I can understand you''ll never see reasons. Calling Palestine and Biafra issue the same is just funny. End of Discussion.

Peace

1 Like

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by FreeGlobe(f): 3:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
Intrepid01:

Hmm. I can understand you''ll never see reasons. Calling Palestine and Biafra issue the same is just funny. End of Discussion.

Peace
why are they not the same? aren't they seeking the same thing. why do you support one and not the other? Simple question

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by FreeGlobe(f): 3:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
Intrepid01:

[s]Guy, I wish you knew how wrong you are on what you just wrote. I cant stop laughing at I don't know what am saying about Palestine. I am not one of those people that runs to google for information on certain things. I have been following world politics since September 11, 2001 and I have read many books to show for it. I watch not just CNN unlike many of you, I also watch AJE and PRESSTV. when it comes to middle - east issh, trust me I am familiar with the politics and happenings. okay[/s]
you need to take your google seriously.. your following world politics is not enough. Buhari goofed.. period

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by Intrepid01(m): 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

you need to take your google seriously.. your following world politics is not enough. Buhari goofed.. period

OKAY, PEACE

1 Like

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by Intrepid01(m): 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2015
FreeGlobe:

why are they not the same? aren't they seeking the same thing. why do you support one and not the other? Simple question

Chaii, I tot this babe will let me rest after my last post.

Okay If you desire a response you will get it.

Palestine is presently a sovereign state and referred to as an observer in the list of countries at the UN. It is not under any other Country, the only issue with recognizing Palestine is the emergence of the militant group controlling GAZA and PALESTINE is a world issue. while Biafra is a region in Nigeria, it was never a country of its own. It is an internal agitation and there is no case of oppression or suppression or any case of infringement on anybody. Biafra will be achieved when all the parties involved in the marriage (Nigeria) decides to convene a SNC where everybody will be allowed to decide its future.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Supports The Right To Independence Of Palestine & Rejects Same For Biafra by themilanway(m): 4:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
Intrepid01:

Chaii, I tot this babe will let me rest after my last post.

Okay If you desire a response you will get it.

Palestine is presently a sovereign state and referred to as an observer in the list of countries at the UN. It is not under any other Country, the only issue with recognizing Palestine is the emergence of the militant group controlling GAZA and PALESTINE is a world issue. while Biafra is a region in Nigeria, it was never a country of its own. It is an internal agitation and there is no case of oppression or suppression or any case of infringement on anybody. Biafra will be achieved when all the parties involved in the marriage (Nigeria) decides to convene a SNC where everybody will be allowed to decide its future.

I wish I could like your post a 1000 times.

Pay those tribal bigots and bunch of hypocrites less attention.

Imagine,comparing Palestine with an online country called Biafra.

What a joke.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nationwide Commotion As 109 Senators, 360 Reps Members, Secretly Plot Buhari’s I / FG Plans Additional $2.8bn Foreign Loan To Finance 2018 Budget - This Day / How To Collect Federal Government N20,000 Cash Transfer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.