Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,603 members, 7,851,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:45 PM

Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? (815 Views)

Nigeria And China Sign $23bn Deal For Three Refinaries In Kogi,lagos & Bayelsa. / Buhari And Obasanjo's Tenure More Corrupt Than GEJ Tenure - TI / Nigeria Turns To Russia And China For Military Hardware Against Terror (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by agabaI23(m): 8:42pm On Apr 18, 2009
I think China is a very corrupt country. These guys know how to cut corners.

The problem is when a country progresses economically, the world truns a blind eye to it corrupt practices.

Read this old report and commentary here
Let me know your opinion.
Their is a saying that all humans have the tendency to embrace corruption when the environment permits.
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by blacksta(m): 9:04pm On Apr 18, 2009
The Chinese are only corrupt outside their country especially when aided by local indignes. The question is why are they not corrupt in the u.k or u.s.a
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by strangleyo: 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2009
It doesnt matter because China is becoming a superpower while Nigeria is going stuttering.

Nigeria by far to answer your question. In China stealing public funds is considered treason and carries the death penalty. And yes, it is enforced.
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by agabaI23(m): 12:26am On Apr 19, 2009
Good points from you all!

Sorry if you read the unedited commentary in the link.
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by sbo(m): 9:49am On Apr 19, 2009
blacksta:

The Chinese are only corrupt outside their country especially when aided by local indignes. The question is why are they not corrupt in the u.k or u.s.a

You are very right. They dare not be corrupt in China. Been a Communist nation, China has very strict rules on corruption.

www...com
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by ElRazur: 9:52am On Apr 19, 2009
Who is more corrupt? There isn't a doubt that Nigeria will predictably win the Gold medal here. grin

At least in China, people actually go to jail and die via the law when caught. In Nigeria IBB et al all walk free till today.
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by ilaugh1: 9:53am On Apr 19, 2009
and to say this thread was started by a Nigerian, what is wrong with you? Why cant you compare your country to other countries in terms of good things, why pick on the bad things to display here? Tell me which country is not corrupt, tell me and prove to me that there is no worse corruption in America than in Nigeria - prove this to me.
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by DrMalgwi(m): 10:00am On Apr 19, 2009
Nigerians are the number 1 corrupt country on this planet.
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by ElRazur: 10:01am On Apr 19, 2009
i_laugh:

and to say this thread was started by a Nigerian, what is wrong with you? Why cant you compare your country to other countries in terms of good things, why pick on the bad things to display here? Tell me which country is not corrupt, tell me and prove to me that there is no worse corruption in America than in Nigeria - prove this to me.

I think as human nature, you will find it is easier to criticise and find faults, than to praise.

Requiring a proof will be very hard, however it is generally accepted that Nigeria is more corrupt. A good example is the follow and application of rule of law. At least people/government in America do things according to their constitutions and have respect for the rule of law than in Nigeria.

A good example, will be the state governor that wanted to sell Obama's seat to the highest bidder! Remember that case? [Very recent]. He is in jail now and he was removed as a state governor very swiftly. Things like that will probably not happen in Nigeria in a pretty much straightforward manner like that etc.

You see, it is a fair point to say Nigeria is more corrupt in my opinion.
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by ElRazur: 10:02am On Apr 19, 2009
Dr Malgwi:

Nigerians are the number 1 corrupt country on this planet.

According to "Transparency international" we aint the most corrupt in the world. I guess that is a relief, but we are among the top 10. cheesy
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by DrMalgwi(m): 10:04am On Apr 19, 2009
Nigerians are more corrupt.
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by ElRazur: 10:05am On Apr 19, 2009
I don't understand Dr. smiley
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 19, 2009
In china, people serve a two years jail term for mere picking pocket, while their leaders are sentenced to death if found corrupt.
In nigeria, armed robbers are happily released back into the streets after their folks must have given bribe to the police, while their leaders are given chieftancy tittles and national honors for being corrupt.

In the area where i live, a ten years old girl can walk alone in the streets at about 2am in the morning without the parents loosing sleep.

All these does not mean that china is not corrupt even with a little margin, but sure, nigeria is 100 times more corrupt than china.
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by ikeyman00(m): 1:35pm On Apr 19, 2009
now forget life or death penalty

china is 100% more corruption

the difference is the got zeal, commonsense and no compromise attutide for their country

if china was gona build a brigde; it will be done without compromising anything

while naija obj go chop half; na so so pot hole everywhere all the de paint road like na yansh they de rub oil
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by ElRazur: 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2009
ikeyman00:

now forget life or death penalty

china is 100% more corruption

the difference is the got zeal, commonsense and no compromise attutide for their country

if china was gona build a brigde; it will be done without compromising anything

while naija obj go chop half; na so so pot hole everywhere all the de paint road like na yansh they de rub oil

If that is the definition of corruption [which it isnt] then I urge Nigerians to be as corrupt the Chinese way.

Just imagine the amount of things we will achieve if we have to do things the China man way? grin
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by chidichris(m): 3:28pm On Apr 19, 2009
this is the simpliest question i have seen in my whole life.
a very rich country without light - nigeria.
nigeria is in the dark and we all know that darkness stands for evil.
if for no other reason, every country in the world is known for one thing or the other. between nigeria and china, nigeria is known for corruption while china is known with industrialisation.
in a very plain language, everybody and everything in nigeria is corrupt. our no 1 citizen is fraudulent and corrupt. our judiaciary that is supposed to be the hope of a common man is corrupt and the legislature is a very bad news.
in fact, another name for nigeria is corruption.
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by MaiSuya(m): 3:53pm On Apr 19, 2009
According to the survey carried out last year by Transparency International, using the  somewhat confusing but nonetheless respected corruption perception index(CPI), China ranked 72 with an index of 3.6, while our good ol' Nigeria was a far away 121, with a index of 2.7.

Some analysts however, have questioned the whole CPI thingy, citing bias, unreliability of the methods employed, the claim that some of the participants in the survey, especially the foreign ones, usually have ingrained prejudices against the country in question and may not base their  perception on the current situation or on efforts being made by the Government of the country to tackle corruption.

This is the argument we always use defend and console ourselves for our persistently abysmally low rating, in spite of the much talked about anti-corruption crusadeyeye people  tongue

Note: TI defines the CPI Score as ''perceptions of the degree of corruption as seen by business people and country analysts, and ranges between 10 (highly clean) and 0 (highly corrupt)''. the complete ranking is here: http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2008
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by agabaI23(m): 12:44am On Apr 20, 2009
i_laugh:

i_laugh

Read the story and the commentary on it before you comment or you go back to sexuality section
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by agabaI23(m): 12:48am On Apr 20, 2009
I love the comparison you guys are drawing though esp the guy that said the chinese are corrupt outside their country.

More in put please. Read before commenting it will make more sense
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by xterra2(m): 9:43pm On Apr 20, 2009
In china,Corruption carries capital punishment
While,
Here,corruption carries national honours(GCFR,OFR,OON.e.t.c.),freedom,enough security
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by bawomolo(m): 10:02pm On Apr 20, 2009
China is less corrupt

weren't some guys sentenced to death over the tainted milk scandal? They would be walking free if it was Naija.

China isn't a pure country but they are serious about their public image.
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by ikeyman00(m): 10:16pm On Apr 20, 2009
those so called people, are they from communist party ^^^^^
Re: Between Nigeria And China, Which Country Is More Corrupt? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2009
China corrupt? Error!

Do you know what corruption has done to Nigeria Economy! if china is corrupt, do think they will be where they are right now? china get craze oo! if you embezzle money! your wages is DEATH! HANG YOU! tongue

And we got Governors looting billions and granted bails with 3 Million Naira! Bleep!

Common electricity we no geT! Imagine alot of Nigerians never saw constant Light for good 1 month,

To be sincere since i was born! I never saw Light for good 3 weeks in Naija! Until I was 21 b4 I saw Good LighT! My GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 grin Plenty Suffering because of Nigerian Leaders who are extra-ordinary injected with Corruption Virus Disease. angry

God help us embarassed

(1) (Reply)

You All Need To Read And Hear It! / My Relationship With Fashola Unbreakable - Tinubu / Umaru, Are You Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.