Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians (5276 Views)

Isiaka Adeleke Was To Distribute Grinding Machines, Motorcycles Before His Death / NNPC To Hike Fuel Price, As Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike / NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by oluwapoju(m): 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2015
[img][/img]The use of kerosene stoves for cooking is soon to become a thing of the past in Nigeria as the Nigerian National Petroleum Commission as revealed its plan to phase out kerosene as domestic cooking fuel in Nigeria.

The disclosure was made at the weekend by the Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu. He told newsmen that by 2016, NNPC would commence the distribution of free gas cylinders to every household.

According to him, the plan is that by the end of 2016, most of the households in Nigeria would have obtained the free gas cylinders in preparation for the transition from kerosene to gas.

NNPC plans to fill the yawning gas supply in the country by compelling its joint venture partners in the upstream sector of the oil industry to ensure regular supply of gas to fuel retail outlets to enable consumers refill their cylinders with ease.

Source: Nairametrics

1 Like

Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Ezenwammadu(m): 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
I hope it is not empty gas cylinder
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by GudluckIBB(m): 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hope a cubic of Gas will be sold at 50 naira, if not make una just leave my kerosene make I dey enjoy am dey go,
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by wachakuta(m): 8:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
OP u can lie oh
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by segzyj(m): 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2015
Anoda vision the will never see the lime light

1 Like

Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Idrismusty97(m): 8:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
GudluckIBB:
Hope a cubic of Gas will be sold at 50 naira, if not make una just leave my kerosene make I dey enjoy am dey go,
Gas actually last longer than Kero. A 5kg gas cylinder can last you for up to a month or more depending on the usage. Compare the price of refilling with the amount of Kero you buy monthly.

1 Like

Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Beremx(f): 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
This is going to be a good development.
Thumbs up to NNPC
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by sammyj: 8:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
And some wailers will say baba is not doing anything or will they claim this is also the clueless one initative! !!
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Acjohn(m): 8:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
You better don't go and start supplying made in China cylinders. No Nigerian wants to be fried like suya because of gas explosion.

2 Likes

Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by dialfa: 8:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
free bombs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by bettercreature(m): 8:45pm On Sep 29, 2015
horlaleykan:
hmmmm
We dont need cylinder,they need to reduce price of gas
2900naira per 12.5 ltr doesnt make sense
Kerosine is now 50naira

2 Likes

Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
We will

We shall

In the fullness of time

All na scam grin grin grin
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
How Na Dem wan pack up??
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by badnature: 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
free!! in Nigeria? how are the going to do it in a country that those not have anything close to national data? house to house na true
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by kishimi8(m): 9:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
bettercreature:
Kerosine is now 500naira
Abeg where u de buy am 2900 na 3500 we de buy for abj o

2 Likes

Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by bettercreature(m): 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2015
kishimi8:

Abeg where u de buy am 2900 na 3500 we de buy for abj o
Lagos for my area
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2015
They need to equip their Fire Service stations before entrusting an atomic bomb to Iya Monsurat the Ewa agoyin seller, Obika the Gas seller and Usman the known t.........st

2 Likes

Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by shaqhead: 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2015
GudluckIBB:
Bros, but kerosine is more expensive and u go rest frm washin back of pot na! I have a neighbour who uses kerosene until we sat and did d mathematics. The highest I have refilled my 7kg cylinder is 2100 but on the average it is around 1500. This last me almost 2months when I cook heavily! We cal hw much he spends on kerosene in a month, it is upto or evn more than what I spend in refilling not considerin how hw battles wt pots and pans!
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by kishimi8(m): 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2015
bettercreature:
Lagos for my area

And you de complain.. better. Quiet for there
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by kokoA(m): 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
Idrismusty97:
Gas actually last longer than Kero. A 5kg gas cylinder can last you for up to a month or more depending on the usage. Compare the price of refilling with the amount of Kero you buy monthly.
no be for guys wey like beans o.
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by chyket(m): 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
I hope they will distribute the plastic cylinders which is much safer in case of fire incident.
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by jaybanfa(m): 10:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
@GudlukIBB here's the thing, at 300naira a kilogram of liquified natural gas, a 12kg cylinder can and might last u up to 6weeks at least depending on ur burner and upto 8weeks. Now pls tell me if kero can last that long for the same cost not talking about the smell, black smoke n pots etc.
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Chimarto: 10:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
you mean NNPC is to distribute 140 million gas cylinder? well, I won't be surprise when I see a post here on nairaland estimating the numbers of houses burnt down by NNPC cylinder.
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by joshadedapo(m): 11:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
#I think this should be in jokes section
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by lekan29ice(m): 11:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
issokay
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Beremx(f): 11:21pm On Sep 29, 2015
bettercreature:
Lagos for my area
its 2600 in my area at Igando. Though I buy at Eko gas which is a lagos franchise in my estate at same 2600naira
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Mayor21(m): 11:55pm On Sep 29, 2015
I buy gas for 3,800 naira here in Calabar.... So all of u guys here are lucky sef
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by chinchum(m): 12:00am On Sep 30, 2015
Mayor21:
I buy for 3,800 naira here in Calabar.... So all of u guys here are luck sef

how come? it is 2,600 in ib for 12.5kg.
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Mayor21(m): 12:04am On Sep 30, 2015
chinchum:

how come? it is 2,600 in ib for 12.5kg.
I dunno.... Things are always different here in cal
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by hajlat(m): 10:31am On Sep 30, 2015
bettercreature:
Kerosine is now 500naira

I don't understand you. Gas is measured in kilogram.
Re: Good News! NNPC To Distribute Free Gas Cylinders To All Nigerians by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 30, 2015
GudluckIBB:

kerosene is much more expensive than gas.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News!!!apc Imo State Primary Result. / I will help DJDOLA. Thank you Nlders - Cramjones / South East Monarchs, Workers, Congratulate Ugwuanyi On His Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.