Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

The Uprising - KU - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Uprising - KU (3852 Views)

THE UPRISING - An Urban Fantasy (now Pre-released) (2) (3) (4)

The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
© 2015
By Kachi Ugo

All rights reserved.

Prologue

The dark clouds churned as rogue swirls of wind ravaged the huge city. Scraps of paper, grains of sand, and every other thing that wasn't tightly secured hazed the air, reducing visibility to a few feet. The heavens were alive with sharp, brief sparks of thunder, every moment threatening a full explosion. People scampered for covering, knowing that very soon the grey clouds which were pregnant with water would unleash a storm on their heads. The police men who should have been patrolling Hoover Street were not exempt from this hurried motions as they sought cover a good distance from their post. And in their bid to escape a beating from the sky, they missed the hooded figure that moved fluidly in the direction of a modest two story residence. One that their commanding officer had instructed them to keep undisturbed for the next twenty four hours.

The figure waved his hand at the gate, revealing soft looking olive skin. The gate cracked open. Without breaking a stride, the figure flowed in a heavy black cloak towards the front door, pausing to glance at the building. It was dark except for the light bulb on upstairs. The figure waved his hand as before - - a soft click responded - - and the door swung in of its own accord, admitting the stranger. The figure marched straight ahead for the stairs, not looking left or right. When he turned into the passageway, he saw her.

"You can't take him away!" she muttered, her face ruined by a mix of tears and makeup. She had a long and sharp kitchen knife in a strong grip, and she stood in a defensive stance before the entrance into the bedroom. Some light from the room fell on the passageway, allowing the tall, hooded figure to scrutinize his adversary. She wore a golden blouse embossed in white with the word: Earth. Her black pants was peppered with clumps of wet sand. Her feet were bare, tingling with powerful magic. One that crammed into the small passageway, so strong that the figure swayed under its overbearing weight. Her eyes, though teary, gave no indication that she wouldn't go super Nova with her knife and magic if he neared her.

He took a tentative step forward and said, "My name is..."

'I don't care who you are,"she snarled, eyeing him with a hateful look.

"But you care why I have come..."

The woman drew a blank.

"You know you can't stop me," he continued, pulling on his inner power and letting it stir in the space. The woman felt it too, responding with a slight flinch as his power stroked hers. "You swore an oath. I have been sent to collect."

For a moment, uncertainty flickered in her eyes. Her grip on the knife softened. Her magic withdrew from the room. But it was only for a moment. "I can't let you have him!' she shrieked, gripping her blade tightly, and pushing her Earthy magic against his Woody magic.

"Stop this nonsense Sarah!" the man warned, bracing himself against her power. He also strengthened his secondary power in the hallway. Not too much to threaten her, but sufficient to respond to an attack effectively. His primary power had created the dark clouds and whirl wind outside. "You can't stop me," he repeated, and as if to buttress that point, he lifted his left hand and a huge bolt of lightning formed in the clouds and drove down into the lawn with a loud thunder.

Then it began to rain. She made to say something, but instead charged him whipping up the clumps of sand from her pants with the wave of a hand. They shot at him like tiny projectiles, tiny and powerful enough to punch a hole through his heart. The man jumped out of their path. His hands shoved into his cloak and withdrew a small dagger just in time to parry Sarah's strike. He shoved a palm up her chest, stopping a full inch short of her body. Where his hand stopped, a powerful blast of wind continued, sending her body flying across the hallway and smashing into the ceiling. She fell to the floorboards, concussed...

Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 7:57am On Sep 30, 2015
©2015
By Kachi Ugo

All rights reserved.

Prologue Continued

She fell to the floorboards, concussed. Her Earthy magic remained aloft in the air for a few more seconds before it vanished as she fell unconscious.

The figure straightened his dress, stowed away his blade and walked to the door, stepping over the woman's limp form. The bedroom was every bit a child's bedroom, complete with a brightly colored wall, stickers of famous cartoon characters, and a hanging miniaturized solar system. At the center of the room was a pram. In the pram struggled a sleeping baby with his sheets. The figure pulled the baby free and examined the creature who would fifty years from now destroy the whole world with black magic. He pressed the baby against his chest and walked back down the stairs without a second glance to the mother of the child. He locked the door and gate behind him and started down the street, the darkness and heavy rain shielding his retreat. His cloak provided adequate shelter for the baby boy, though he exercised enough power over his magicked storm so that not a drop of rain touched his cloak. When he got to his entry point down the street, the rain stopped.

"Did she put up a fight?" his partner asked as he approached him. Loas was a short, sharp man with a heavy build and a no nonsense face. He nodded at the baby in his hand.

"Yes."

"So, did you kill her?"

"No."

The clouds were still dark, nonetheless, he caught the frown on Loas's face. "She didn't put up a strong fight," he explained. "Perhaps, killing one innocent soul" - - he gestured to the baby in his hands - - "is enough for one night."

Loas spat a string of curses at the baby. "That thing it not innocent!" he grimaced.

The figure sighed. "It's still a baby, Loas. It's done no evil or good."

"Well too bad it would never get to commit anything at all," said Loas.

"Yes, too bad...," the figure agreed. The baby's fate was sealed once they got to their destination.

"What if she comes after us, Nnamdi?" Loas asked. Before his patner could reply, he stretched his hands far apart and brought them together in a loud clap. A stream of light erupted from the point of impact, coalescing into a giant paper thin screen in front of the two. Through the screen they could see into their world, or more correctly, their Time--AD 2070. They could see the bland white wall of their staging area.

"She'll never find us," replied Nnamdi as he reeled in his power over the weather. In an instant, the dark clouds disappeared and the Sun flooded the whole world with light. "Because she will never know where we came from. And more correctly, she will never know WHEN we came from."

Loas nodded and led him through the portal, closing it once they were on the other side.

###
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
An impulsive story.
Re: The Uprising - KU by Nitescholar(m): 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
Great story please update
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 9:05am On Jan 29, 2016
Okay! I'll do so. Although, I totally have no idea what happens next. Let's see what happens...
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 12:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
For more on and by Kachi Ugo:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KachiUgo
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=765905890185808
Or Visit my website: www.kachiguo.com
Re: The Uprising - KU by joanee20(f): 10:00am On Jan 30, 2016
If dia chants are WAr..War, mine is continue.. update o.
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
joanee20:
If dia chants are WAr..War, mine is continue.. update o.

I'll update! Maybe, later today...
Re: The Uprising - KU by Outofsync(m): 8:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
Ride on!

Re: The Uprising - KU by joanee20(f): 8:06pm On Jan 30, 2016
[quote author=KachiUgo post=42468644]
I'll update! Maybe, later today... [/quote Oke...
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 9:58pm On Jan 30, 2016
Updating in a few...

Hope you enjoy!

As I said earlier, I totally have no idea where this is going. I'm as much a reader of this work as you are. So, if you have any idea of what should happen next, please do let me know! Cause I don't. Lol.

Enjoy!

KU.
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 10:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
Re: The Uprising - KU by joanee20(f): 10:30pm On Jan 30, 2016
Nyc

Re: The Uprising - KU by ashatoda: 12:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
loving this. More update pls

Re: The Uprising - KU by oppsyij: 3:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
[color=#990000][/color] cool grin Now I have turned to Oliver Twist for ur story¤¤¤best of brain

Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
ashatoda:
loving this. More update pls

Working on an update. Maybe later today.. .
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
oppsyij:
[color=#990000][/color] cool grin
Now I have turned to Oliver Twist for ur story¤¤¤best of brain

smiley Next update coming soon.
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 9:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
Alright! My update is ready. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Oh, and as I've said earlier, I'm totally flying blind here. So, if you know what should happen next, do let me know.

Enjoy!

KU.
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 10:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: The Uprising - KU by oppsyij: 11:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
U still on point##
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 10:23pm On Feb 01, 2016
oppsyij:
U still on point##

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it.
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
Okay! Updating in a few...

Yeah, I think I like the way it's going with Sarah Justice and her army of young idealist Elementals. And I might just start serializing this story on my blog, on Twitter, and on Facebook.

Anyhow, if you've got suggestions or you've spotted a developmental error, do let me know.

Oh, and your comments are much appreciated!

Enjoy this update.

KU.
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 11:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
Let me say this before I post: Happy New Month guys!
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 11:37pm On Feb 01, 2016
Re: The Uprising - KU by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 02, 2016
Have you voted for your Story of the month? No?

Hurry now

https://www.nairaland.com/2906633/literature-sections-story-month-award#42540235
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 10:55am On Feb 02, 2016
kinglee1:
Have you voted for your Story of the month? No?

Hurry now

https://www.nairaland.com/2906633/literature-sections-story-month-award#42540235

I don't have a voters card. grin

Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 8:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hi, there!

My update for today is ready. But before I post, I'd like to say a few things about this story.

The Uprising is an Elemental Fantasy, and no that's not a thing, at least not that I know of. I coined the phrase (yes, we can do that).

In this story, you've probably read stuffs like Air Elemental, Elemental combatants blah blah blah. So, what are Elementals?

Well, remember the four elements? Fire, air, water, and earth? Before the periodic table of elements (you know, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon...), scientists believed that these four elements were the building blocks of everything, including life itself.

So, Elementals are people who possess the ability to manipulate the four elements. Depending on the story world and the rules that govern that world, Elementals may possess the ability to manipulate only one element or a dynamic mixture of two, or all.

In the most popular Elemental movie, Avatar, only one person can control the four elements. The four nations can only control their respective element. Whereas, I've read books where the very definition of an Elemental was your ability to control ALL elements. So, it varies between authors and stories.

I don't know who wrote the first story about Elementals, but someone did and it took, and now I'm doing mine.

Tomorrow, before my post I'll be explaining some of the terms I used in this story and I'll be giving you a little back story about some entities, because I might never get to do so in the body of the story.

Updating in a few...

Enjoy!

KU.
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 11:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
Re: The Uprising - KU by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 03, 2016
KachiUgo:

I don't have a voters card. grin

Bring money Make I runz one for you
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 11:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
No update today. Tomorrow, maybe...

KU.

PS: Sorry for the taciturn terse notification. I'm feeling a little wussy woozy this evening.
Re: The Uprising - KU by oppsyij: 11:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
KachiUgo:
No update today. Tomorrow, maybe...

KU.

PS: Sorry for the taciturn notification. I'm feeling a little wussy this evening.
Sorry bro¤¤make I order you 2 big bottles of legend nd 3 baby oku's¤¤use them UNWUSSY ur body¤¤best of health
Re: The Uprising - KU by KachiUgo(m): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2016
Flash Update in a few... Standby.

KU.

October First - My Day Of Independence / The Black Book Finally Published / Sexcade With My Neighbors Daughter [+18]

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58