Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,092 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Your NYSC Questions Answered - NYSC (381) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Your NYSC Questions Answered (1082858 Views)

8 Things You Must Do Before Concluding Your NYSC Programme / How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (394) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by sageb: 6:31pm On May 03, 2023
richmond500:
please guys attend to this question pls.

If I was sent to Borno camp, is it true that I will be automatically redeployed to any state of my choice.
Truth is I do not want to go to either of the NW or NE states, so I want to chose Borno which could increase my chances to redeploy back to a nearer state.

I live at the far end of southern Nigeria and I like to save cost in everything, if I am in a closer state, I could save all those money I'll spend on transportation going to thise far northern state and back to my state.

I just want to know if it is very easy to redploy from Borno

During my NYSC days, if you are posted to Borno state, you will go to Kano orientation camp.
In the camp, you can apply to be redeployed citing insecurity reason, NYSC will redeploy you to another state at the end of the orientation camp.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Jack273: 6:31pm On May 03, 2023
richmond500:
please guys attend to this question pls.

If I was sent to Borno camp, is it true that I will be automatically redeployed to any state of my choice.
Truth is I do not want to go to either of the NW or NE states, so I want to chose Borno which could increase my chances to redeploy back to a nearer state.

I live at the far end of southern Nigeria and I like to save cost in everything, if I am in a closer state, I could save all those money I'll spend on transportation going to thise far northern state and back to my state.
I don't know if the system have changed but when I registered last year February, there was no option to choose your state of deployment. You can only pick the states you have visited and I guess an algorithm is used to determine state of deployment based on the states you pick.

Then again, even if the system have changed and you can now pick the state of your choice, getting Bornu state will not necessarily mean automatic redeployment especially since you're the one that picked it. If by some miracle it comes with automatic redeployment, I highly doubt it will be to the state of your choice. From what I've heard from those that redeploy, 90 percent are never given the state they applied to but a neighbouring state, even when it is not a sort after state.

The only advantage I see with being posted to Bornu is that you can probably use insecurity as a reason for redeployment unlike most other states. But the problem is you can't guarantee being posted to Bornu, more less being able to redeploy from there to the state of your choice. If one clicks, the other most likely won't. Hence the only solution to guarantee your posting is to work it directly to the state of your choice.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by richmond500: 6:55pm On May 03, 2023
sageb:

During my NYSC days, if you are posted to Borno state, you will go to Kano orientation camp.
In the camp, you can apply to be redeployed citing insecurity reason, NYSC will redeploy you to another state at the end of the orientation camp.
Thank you sageb.
Though, I should have just done this NYSC since weh I graduate but I was busy chasing money.
Now I heard redeployment is almost impossible in borno.
It better to just chose Kano and not take that Borno risk.
Thanks for ur response.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by richmond500: 7:00pm On May 03, 2023
Jack273:

I don't know if the system have changed but when I registered last year February, there was no option to choose your state of deployment. You can only pick the states you have visited and I guess an algorithm is used to determine state of deployment based on the states you pick.

Then again, even if the system have changed and you can now pick the state of your choice, getting Bornu state will not necessarily mean automatic redeployment especially since you're the one that picked it. If by some miracle it comes with automatic redeployment, I highly doubt it will be to the state of your choice. From what I've heard from those that redeploy, 90 percent are never given the state they applied to but a neighbouring state, even when it is not a sort after state.

The only advantage I see with being posted to Bornu is that you can probably use insecurity as a reason for redeployment unlike most other states. But the problem is you can't guarantee being posted to Bornu, more less being able to redeploy from there to the state of your choice. If one clicks, the other most likely won't. Hence the only solution to guarantee your posting is to work it directly to the state of your choice.
I didn't put this in my calculations.
I'll just chose Kano instead.

Though someone told me that u will have to chose states that u want to serve, one state from NC, one from NE/NW etc.
Well if it is states that I have visited, then I'd just chose to have visited all northern states, if it will increase my chances of not getting to serve in those states I have visited
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Jack273: 7:21pm On May 03, 2023
richmond500:

Though someone told me that u will have to chose states that u want to serve, one state from NC, one from NE/NW etc.
Well if it is states that I have visited, then I'd just chose to have visited all northern states, if it will increase my chances of not getting to serve in those states I have visited
I get your plan. There are some that claim to know how the system gives out state base on the states you input. In my case I selected Osun, Abuja, Lagos, Anambra and Ogun state as the states I have visited/lived in and I ended up in Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Jerry59: 10:44pm On May 03, 2023
richmond500:

They no longer ask for where you'll like to serve but states visited.

Irrespective of the states you put it's NYSC that'll decide where to post you.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by emmabosco: 2:43pm On May 04, 2023
Lagos female coper needed accommodation free
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Richdee1(m): 11:29pm On May 07, 2023
Please how easy it is to serve with an NGO in one of the northern States
Do they post Corpers to NGO based on your course of study or the corper is expected to get an acceptance letter from the said NGO??
Please advice is needed!!!!!!
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by kumbhuru: 6:11pm On May 08, 2023
MistaDanny7:

For which Batch are you planning to go for
Batch C hopefully.
Does one choose Wether to go for stream A ir B?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Daporeals(m): 8:09pm On May 12, 2023
Hello,

Please if I may ask. Which of these days will be used by Nysc during registration.

Statement of results with graduation date of June 20, or certificates with given date as September 15.

Thank in aspa
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Ojimartins(m): 11:05am On May 15, 2023
In all my documents I have been bearing two (2) names (Oji Martins) but in my BVN I have three (3) names " Oji Martins Ifeanyi" I hope it will not affect me in creating bank account in camp,..?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by JerryJJZ(m): 11:14am On May 15, 2023
Daporeals:
Hello,

Please if I may ask. Which of these days will be used by Nysc during registration.

Statement of results with graduation date of June 20, or certificates with given date as September 15.

Thank in aspa

The date of graduation as stated in your statement of result will be adopted by NYSC. Any date contrary to this, you will not be registered in camp. #Selah
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by JerryJJZ(m): 11:17am On May 15, 2023
Richdee1:
Please how easy it is to serve with an NGO in one of the northern States
Do they post Corpers to NGO based on your course of study or the corper is expected to get an acceptance letter from the said NGO??
Please advice is needed!!!!!!

This is actually a process.
No 1, do the said NGO 'normally' have corp members in their organization?
No 2, if yes, then you need what we call a request letter from the said organization stating they are eager to absorb you once posted. Relocated corp members has advantage here.
No 3, if NO, the NGO need to officially register with NYSC and they will be approved upon inspection and satisfaction..... Of course, time is of essence here!
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by JerryJJZ(m): 11:19am On May 15, 2023
Gab25:
Please as at the time of graduation It was 30 years due to some little delay only to receive exemption letter from Nysc please what can I do?? Is there anybody that sincerely does it

If your WAEC certificate carries any date of birth lesser than 30, then, there is hope (NOTE: Only WAEC can be verified by NYSC). If you are sincerely above 30, both your school and WACE age, then, let no man deceive you, there's nothing you can do hitherto.

2 Likes

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by JerryJJZ(m): 11:21am On May 15, 2023
richmond500:
Please, I mobilized in my school and my name came out in senate approved list, but due to some circumstances, I did not register for NYSC.
Will I do revalidation?

As far you didn't do registration, no cause for alarm. Since your name has already been released in the senate list, you can simply decide which batch to follow.... You can follow Batch B, C or even any batch next year, and the year after. No penalty whatsoever!
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 15, 2023
Please guys I need your view on this
Imagine someone is posted to a state far away from where his state of origin I mean after the 21 days stuffs.
How long will it take before that person can redeploy
And can he be redeployed to his indigenous state
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Viva9876: 3:47pm On May 15, 2023
NYSC sure posting plug. Call me or chat on whatsapp and lets discuss. 08160900028
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by ucha1: 5:31pm On May 20, 2023
please help! my name came out for Nysc in the recent Senate list released by my school but I checked Online and it showing no record found
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by GlowDee: 7:24pm On May 20, 2023
ucha1:
please help! my name came out for Nysc in the recent Senate list released by my school but I checked Online and it showing no record found

For batch B?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Tijani009: 12:02pm On May 21, 2023
ucha1:
Your sch have not yet submitted hard copies wait for some days na watin uniben do me i almost cry but i found out its from uniben , it was a day to porter closing that it worked
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by ucha1: 6:53pm On May 21, 2023
[quote author=GlowDee post=123261417]

For batch B? [/quote
yes
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by ucha1: 6:56pm On May 21, 2023
[quote author=Tijani009 post=123271633]
Your sch have not yet submitted hard copies wait for some days na watin uniben do me i almost cry but i found out its from uniben , it was a day to porter closing that it worked[/quot

Alright, thanks
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Tijani009: 11:46pm On May 21, 2023
Mosquito net is very importqnt ooo do not leave home without it, no go be like me when they use 5k treat my self evey month

1 Like

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by GlowDee: 9:53am On May 22, 2023
Tijani009:
Mosquito net is very importqnt ooo do not leave home without it, no go be like me when they use 5k treat my self evey month

How much go con remain from the alawee? Lol.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Tijani009: 5:14pm On May 22, 2023
GlowDee:

How much go con remain from the alawee? Lol.

Hard truth ooo.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by Anansa0003: 2:47am On May 24, 2023
Always available for your PPA/LG changing , reduction of age to enable you serve ,direct posting or relocating...

What'sapp me on...

Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by zync: 6:40am On May 24, 2023
Are you preparing for NYSC with Batch 'B' 2023? Join our Whatsapp group for timely updates and helpful tips.

👉 CLICK HERE TO JOIN

Strictly for Batch 'B' PCMs.
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by GlowDee: 10:11am On May 24, 2023
When is batch B registration?
Re: Your NYSC Questions Answered by mbolajide2010: 4:31pm On May 24, 2023
If you know anyone serving in Sagamu please send me an email - I have a small task in exchange for money for the person.

(1) (2) (3) ... (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) ... (394) (Reply)

NYSC 2017 Batch A Corps Members House / NYSC 2014 Batch C House / NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps Members House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.