Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose (1044 Views)

Nigeria At 56: Nothing To Celebrate About. / El-rufai Lied About Independence Anniversary Spending / 5 Reasons Most Nigerians Are Not Passionate About Independence Day Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by exlink10(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2015
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state has told the people of the state to enjoy their independence day holiday at home as there is nothing to celebrate about it.

The governor who spoke to newsmen after meeting with members of the state executive council, permanent secretaries and heads of non ministerial agencies said:“I didn’t say the celebration will be low key, I said it will be ‘No Key’, I don’t have money to celebrate anything, even if I have money I will take the money to the people rather than coming to march in the stadium.”

According to Ondo Events, Fayose asked what is the essence of coming to march at the stadium when the people are hungry. “I am just going to read my address to the state, am not coming to the stadium, I will just go round to the grassroot and talk to the people and spend that day with the people, the common people and enjoy the day with them.

“I am not going to go into any unnecessary celebration that in reality doesn’t exist. So Ekiti at 19, we congratulate ourselves, Nigeria at 55, Congratulations Nigeria,” he said.
Meanwhile pensioners in Ekiti state have cried out to Governor Fayose ‎to accommodate them in the bailout fund disbursements in paying their gratuities, pensions and other entitlements.

They lamented that it will be unfair for the state government not to include the state pensioners when making payment from the bailout fund. - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/09/there-is-nothing-to-celebrate-about.html#sthash.fw2333k8.dpuf

cc lalasticlala

Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by adedayourt(m): 9:17am On Sep 30, 2015
smiley
Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by Uncleodi(m): 9:20am On Sep 30, 2015
This Man sef...I mean the poster above me.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by Tohpeh(m): 9:22am On Sep 30, 2015
grin me I go celebrate am sha

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by Ezerbullet(m): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2015
Fayose my man grin

4 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by smemud(m): 9:42am On Sep 30, 2015
Na him sabi
Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by KingTom(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2015
Fayose no use people cover up, you wan go take monkey tail and plantain porridge. grin

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by DFemaleBoss(f): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2015
Fayose is right, there's absolutely NOTHING worth celebrating about "Naijiria" for now.

3 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by omowolewa: 9:47am On Sep 30, 2015
Fayose and Buhari has something in common; the glasses.

The both see no need for celebration.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by eleojo23: 9:48am On Sep 30, 2015
Same old story every year.
I'm waiting for the year we will have something worth celebrating for.

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by HolyHero: 10:11am On Sep 30, 2015
baba I disagree with you

1 Like

Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2015
ds is wort celebrating dat we will remain one Nigeria despite som pples clamour 4 seccesion
Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by 4Kemzy(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2015
Man wey sabi. At 55 a man is mature enough and with all the necessities of life. But thus far, we're still grappling with POWER, POVERTY, CORRUPTION, LEADERSHIP, INSURGENCY and other SOCIAL problems. Are we celebrating the spate of killings of innocent civilians by Boko Haram, is it the high rate of corruption and victimization of political foes. Are we celebrating the smashing and inhibition of our fundamental human rights like the FOI. Just take a look at what just happened in Ogun, is it what we're celebrating? I can only celebrate myself today because it's my birthday...
Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by daveP(m): 10:53am On Sep 30, 2015
Gradually, this observation of his is growing to be a salient point.
Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by iokpebholo: 10:58am On Sep 30, 2015
Notin to celebrate sir.
Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by tolexy007(m): 11:01am On Sep 30, 2015
cheesy cheesy Fayose you really make sense....Fayose our hero grin grin grin our future president.. wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by omenka(m): 11:02am On Sep 30, 2015
Had PDP done what the electorates gave them mandate to do in 16 years, perhaps there would have been something to celebrate about.

2 Likes

Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by tolexy007(m): 11:02am On Sep 30, 2015
Ezerbullet:
Fayose my man grin
i tell u, is our man cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by Ezerbullet(m): 11:17am On Sep 30, 2015
tolexy007:
i tell u, is our man cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by chesterlee(m): 11:31am On Sep 30, 2015
Chukwuebuka Ayo Aminu Fayose!!!"

The Man of the People, A dogged fighter and the Tormentor of the broom waiving demons

All hail the Jagaban of the SW!!!
Re: There Is Nothing To Celebrate About Independence – Fayose by jones2014: 11:32am On Sep 30, 2015
Exactly sire, cos peepz like you have made it so. why dont you just bother about effective governance that will add real value to the people rather than appearing on social media + crucifying buhari all the time. Dear God, please give us good leaders and make this country smile again, we have suffered to much

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What If Buhari Removes 3 Or 4 Zeroes From Our "Currency"? / Could Boko Haram Attack Be A False Flag / Disturbing Story Of Biafran Women Protesters Shot At Awka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.