Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough (20098 Views)

Buhari: Not All Nominees Will Be Ministers / Photos From The Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Today (Pics) / Tinubu Must Beg Saraki Else His Ministerial Nominees Will Suffer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by bugs1: 9:29am On Sep 30, 2015

Senate Ad Hoc Committee chairman on Media and Publicity, Dino Melaye, made the Senate’s position known to correspondents yesterday.

According to him, the senators are awaiting the ministerial list and as soon as they get the list, they will start working expeditiously and judiciously on it.

He said: “Screening of the ministerial nominees will no longer be business as usual. The era of take a bow is gone; we will make sure all the nominees will be screened irrespective of political, ethnic and regional considerations.”

Also in his welcome address to senators, the Senate president, Bukola Saraki, appealed to his colleagues to ensure that once the ministerial list is submitted, they should ensure that they treat it with dispatch and thoroughness.

He said: “We await the list of ministerial nominees this week. I believe the presence of ministers will create the space for greater policy engagement with the executive arm of government and enable us to begin to respond in a more systematic manner to the various economic and social challenges before us, especially through our various committees that will also be constituted soon.

“On this note, I want to urge you, all my colleagues, to ensure that what is uppermost in our minds as we begin the constitutional task of screening of ministerial nominees is the overall interest of our country, informed by the enormity and the urgency of the challenges before us.

“We must not be held down by unnecessary politicking. The enormity of our national challenges at this time does not give room for pettiness or politics of vendetta.”

http://leadership.ng/news/464171/ministerial-screening-will-be-thorough-senate

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by tempex88(m): 12:36pm On Sep 30, 2015
After 2019, i feel Nigeria's political ideology will change.

People will no longer be keenly interested in contesting public offices as it will not longer be juicy as usual.
Government will start owing public officers salaries, people will start stoning allegedly corrupt public official(s), there will be small piece of the national cake left for a very very few etc.

Back to topic.....whatever they do, if its not in the interest of Nigeria/Nigerians........I reserve my comment.

The only difference between my wait for this list and my wait for SIWES allowance is that SIWES I did in 2009 is still outstanding. PMB please probe. I noticed most of our public office holders now visit NL. infact some have monikers here. NL can be a good avenue to air your view to one that can effect the desired change. FG where is my NGN15,000 SIWES allowance?

So na like ds FTC dey do people...hmmm ok o. Op thanks for hiding the post of the real FTC

17 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by otijah(m): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
Ok
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by wasco24: 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
angry
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by Bondesniger(m): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
We need to see it
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by Sijo01(f): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
Where is the list?

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by manmind: 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
Smhhh.... Insane
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by piagetskinner(m): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
OK Dinosaur Dino

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by museveni(m): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2015
Yes screening of your boss at the CCT will be more thorough. No longer business as usual. Honorable Bodyguard.

24 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by freshness2020: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
The way we are waiting for this "all saints ministerial" list.. If we wait like this for rapture . I swear we will all make heaven... grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by modath(f): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
Dino Dino, misbehave & see as hammer go drop for that your bald head....

Don't cry "witch hunt" when tribunal's judgement is "thorough" as well....

Senator Abobaku bin Bodyguard.. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by lungtruth(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
ok we hear sir
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by tolexy007(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
cheesy .... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by salisy: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
Is this an old news or a new one?
The last time I checked Sen. Ita Enang was in the senate yesterday, possibly to present the list to the senate.
What's is really holding it (list) up

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by agarawu23(m): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
OK
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by Sultanchidi(m): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
We don hear bt show us d list or is it 2 much 2 ask

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by Mutuwa(m): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
just do your job,no sentiments.
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by keffekul(f): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
no wahala
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by easyfem(m): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
The tension is getting too much, this is bullshit, I just wanna see Saraki in prison

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by Ciscogod(m): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
If it will be move the nation forward. No biggie.

Dont forget tribunal will also be thorough will screening your electoral victory against smart (PDP)
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by Ikwerreboy(m): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
The list ooooh
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by richidinho(m): 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
ministerial list is outttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt grin grin grin
#dancing

because am happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by ionsman: 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
Saraki's bodyguard has spoken.
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by bignene(m): 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
dino,go and sleep.u snake
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by Alphaoscar: 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
what's so special about the list that they are hoarding it? I just don't understand .
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by lonelydora: 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
ok
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by sunkoye: 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2015
As if u guyz are brilliant enough to face the task..

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by Laid2001: 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
Dino mean block road.
Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by bluaero(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
Nigeria my country...lol

Who is the actor in this action film sef undecided

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough by oismail(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2015
No bow and goo stuff
#Change

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blogger Musa Babale Azare Arrested In Abuja For Criticising Governor / Nnamdi Kanu Not A South East Leader Of Thought- Presidency / Aare Ona Kakanfo: Tinubu Congratulates Gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.