Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode (41188 Views)

"President Buhari Likes Cartoons"; See What They Did To Him. Photos / Reno Omokri Reacts To Garba Shehu’s Tweet That Buhari Likes Reading Cartoons / President Buhari Likes Caricature, He's Not Behind Arrest Of Trader - Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 9:52am On Sep 30, 2015
A former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, says President Muhammadu Buhari, who is a Fulani man, is sympathetic towards Fulani herdsmen.

The former minister said this in a Facebook post titled, ‘Herdsmen from hell’ while reacting to the abduction of a former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Olu Falae, by suspected Fulani herdsmen.

Fani-Kayode said Buhari had in the past referred to Fulani herdsmen as ‘my people’. He, therefore, argued that he was not surprised that Fulani herdsmen were hardly arrested despite their many acts of violence.

He said, “In the last few years the Fulani herdsmen have attacked, ravaged and pillaged many rural communities south of the River Niger and they have slaughtered and raped thousands of innocent people in the South-South, the South-East and the South-West.

“We recall how, after a violent clash between them and some Yoruba farmers in Oyo State in 2000, General Buhari (as he then was) led a strong delegation of northern leaders to see the late Governor of Oyo State, Lam Adeshina. On arrival, Buhari put the question to him: ‘Why are your people killing my people?’ This was a classic case of a Freudian slip.

“The Bible says out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The general had spoken his mind. Governor Adeshina was shocked with disbelief and he responded by telling Buhari that he was rather surprised that a former Head of State would refer to one ethnic group as his people while referring to another as someone else’s.”

Fani-Kayode, who was the spokesperson for former President Goodluck Jonathan’s campaign organisation, said Buhari had never shown concern for the plight of the people of the South.

He said this was why it took Buhari 48 hours to react to Falae’s kidnap.

Fani-Kayode said it was possible that Buhari knew those behind the abduction Falae because the herdsmen released Falae 24 hours after the presidency condemned the abduction. He noted that no one had since been arrested for Falae’s kidnap.

He added, “Another curious twist to the tale is the fact that it took the Buhari administration two days to make any formal announcement on Falae’s abduction and just the day after they (Presidency) finally did so, the elder statesman was suddenly released.

“The question is this: who is pulling the strings from behind the scenes and who is attempting to test our resolve and test the waters?”

The Peoples Democratic Party chieftain said Falae’s claim that the Fulani herdsmen had links with Boko Haram should not be ignored.

He said the Fulani herdsmen were a security threat and could easily cause crisis in the South-West having populated the entire region under the guise of selling cattle.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/politics/buhari-likes-fulani-herdsmen-fani-kayode/

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by adedayourt(m): 9:53am On Sep 30, 2015
grin
Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by MosakuAW(m): 9:53am On Sep 30, 2015
Fani Kayode just want to stay relevant in politics by force by saying rubbish since his oga @top lost.

Is it a crime to love your people. If PMB love Fulani herdsman, do you want to say GEJ hate his Niger delta militants.

This guy should go on holiday and keep mute just like Ruben Abati and others did.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by madridguy(m): 9:55am On Sep 30, 2015
PDP basket mouth crying foul over everything. You have been looking for every means to incite the Yoruba youth to wage war with any Hausa/Fulani that comes our way. You must joking thinking any Youth will follow your leaking mouth. Now you're shouting foul that Buhari led a delegate to OYO state back then asking why his people were killed, simply means he cherish his people. Funny you, you forgotten how you told the whole world that Tinubu is suffering from chronic mouth odour ? You spread your dirty linen outside and now you looking for soft landing. Stop hiding under Afenifere and also using Pa Falae case to preach hatred among Nigerians.

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by truefact: 9:55am On Sep 30, 2015
But your fetish suffercated yorubas will not agree with you, FFK, the YAMS will soon call you names and divert the attention of this thread to igbos, and start cursing like mad clowns

111 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by merry02(m): 9:57am On Sep 30, 2015
The cattle rearers should stop parading themselves on the street. #My opinion

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by neolboy(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2015
Fulani are Buhari's kinsmen

46 Likes

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 9:59am On Sep 30, 2015
truefact:
But your fetish suffercated yorubas will not agree with you, FFK, the YAMS will soon call you names and divert the attention of this thread to igbos, and start cursing like mad clowns
you can always make objective opinions without instigating people.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by Earthkumy(m): 10:00am On Sep 30, 2015
El-rufia also promise that those resisting fulani herdsmen will be dealt with

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by stanech: 10:00am On Sep 30, 2015
I doubt if this man is yoruba?
So spot on.

31 Likes

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 10:02am On Sep 30, 2015
stanech:
I doubt if this man is yoruba?

So spot on.
he is Yoruba, he just delivered an unbiased opinion, stating the obvious we al seem to ignore.

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by Earthkumy(m): 10:05am On Sep 30, 2015
El-rufia also promise that those resisting fulani herdsmen will be dealt with

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by HolyHero: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2015
i too like ffk the guy articles they make sense ..like if u agree

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by Beremx(f): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2015
MosakuAW:

Fani Kayode just want to stay relevant in politics by force by saying rubbish since his oga @top lost.

Is it a crime to love your people. If PMB love Fulani herdsman, do you want to say GEJ hate his Niger delta militants.

This guy should go on holiday and keep mute just like Ruben Abati and others did.
On point!

My question is, the fulani killings didn't start in Buhari's administration. What did other previous presidents including Jonathan do to stop the incessant killings by the herdsmen?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by tolexy007(m): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2015
grin Boda Fani elenu ja waya cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by drauj(m): 10:09am On Sep 30, 2015
FFK can be this Petty?
God Forbid.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2015
MosakuAW:

chai, can we have a new Nigeria with comments like this? I'm not against the love affair, it's normal, human behavior are rational but must we embrace things that failed repugnancy test all because they are from our tribe?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2015
Beremx:
On point!

My question is, the fulani killings didn't start in Buhari's administration. What did other previous presidents including Jonathan do to stop the incessant killings by the herdsmen?
boss, should we because others did nothing visible to you about them fold our arms?
Someone needs to step on the gas, they promise change, didn't they? We all can make the change, keeping shut to the obvious wouldn't get us anywhere!

17 Likes

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by Ufranklin92(m): 10:17am On Sep 30, 2015
hehehehe,ffk your brothers love Fulani's no need to worry yourself

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by ERAKAMUS: 10:22am On Sep 30, 2015
grin Yes FFK cos how does a monkey looks like that the Baboon doesn't.

Did I Translate well,

ok Hear what saint rufai said.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by Beremx(f): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2015
OBSEQUIOUS:
boss, should we because others did nothing visible to you about them fold our arms?
Someone needs to step on the gas, they promise change, didn't they? We all can make the change, keeping shut to the obvious wouldn't get us anywhere!
that's not the point I am making. blaming a government which is barely 6months old for the fulani menace is out rightly silly. Inasmuch as I want PMB to act fast to stop the problem,it is unfair to blame Buhari for the menace.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by MosakuAW(m): 10:26am On Sep 30, 2015
OBSEQUIOUS:
chai, can we have a new Nigeria with comments like this? I'm not against the love affair, it's normal, human behavior are rational but must we embrace things that failed repugnancy test all because they are from our tribe?

Oga pls elucidate the part in my comments that is against the love and unity of this country. Fulani herdsman killing and robbery on highway did not start today, it actually started under Obasanjo regime.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by cameroncucumber(m): 10:27am On Sep 30, 2015
ffk said nothing buh the truth ,these foolanis are a replica of the east-african tse-tsefly and they should be fumigated buh i doubt cox dia brother is now in power,they attack farmers destroy dia farm produce,rape women ,maime,kill ,slit throat of locals,block express/tarred roads and buhari keeps supporting the nefarious act of his brother...no wonder he delibrately missed meeting with the pope and attending insecurity summit in the un..he is unrepentant,a fundamentalist and a tribal bigot

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 10:31am On Sep 30, 2015
Beremx:
that's not the point I am making. blaming a government which is barely 6months old for the fulani menace is out rightly silly. Inasmuch as I want PMB to act fast to stop the problem,it is unfair to blame Buhari for the menace.
sure, quite unfair but maybe it's a misconception. I only see it as awareness not a blame game cos it's been like this like forever.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 30, 2015
The other day, he attacked Tinubu. Then he attacked Igbos now he is attacking Fulani.

He is a confused fellow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 10:36am On Sep 30, 2015
MosakuAW:

Oga pls elucidate the part in my comments that is against the love and unity of this country. Fulani herdsman killing and robbery on highway did not start today, it actually started under Obasanjo regime.
alright, which of his regime? These things have been on for long I can't remember but why must it be fulani herdmen the odd man out? Cant they go about there business peacefully? Now they have one of there own on the throne so I feel it's normal people come out to voice the discontent. Maybe they will turn away if there own call them to order since they've turned deaf ear to his predecessors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by cameroncucumber(m): 10:37am On Sep 30, 2015
buhari has a hand in it,why will he wait after 48hrs to respond to the kidnap and torture of a former sgf/sfg? and the following day pa falae was released?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by ArodewilliamsT: 11:15am On Sep 30, 2015
MosakuAW:

I know say you be muslim Yoruba from illorinstan like me. Our master Fulani must not be blamed, infact obj and olu falae are to be blamed, including the Yiboows. grin

We can't CONTINUE TO BE SLAVES IN yorubaland- Olu falae 2015 grin

cc: vicadex07, agarawu23, aareonakakanfo, opcnairaland, midolian, alcatraz001, oduastates.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by OBSEQUIOUS(m): 11:21am On Sep 30, 2015
Wish this can make the front page CC:lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by ghostdvirus(m): 11:28am On Sep 30, 2015
angry grin
And the man below me

Re: Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode by otijah(m): 11:29am On Sep 30, 2015
If anyone comes out here to rain curses on this man, the last thunder of this year will fire dat person to hell straight

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Fan In Edo Paints His Body To Support Obaseki - Photos / Colonel Kenneth Eze Elemele Killed In Boko Haram Ambush / APC Appeal Committee Upholds Disqualification Of Obaseki, 2 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.