Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Bank Workers I Need Your Help - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bank Workers I Need Your Help (1026 Views)

Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries / Bank Workers Pull Out Of Planned Nationwide Strike / How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Workers I Need Your Help by Godmother(f): 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
I paid some amount of money into my account today. I was supposed to collect 500 naira change but forgot and I thought the extra would be added to the other amount. I got an alert some minutes ago only to discover it wasn't. Is there a way I can get the 500 naira back from the dishonest person that pocketed it since I have no evidence. Can I walk into the bak to lay a complaint?

Adesiji77
Other bank workers.
Re: Bank Workers I Need Your Help by Adesiji77: 6:04pm On Sep 30, 2015
Godmother:
I paid some amount of money into my account today. I was supposed to collect 500 naira change but forgot and I thought the extra would be added to the other amount. I got an alert some minutes ago only to discover it wasn't. Is there a way I can get the 500 naira back from the dishonest person that pocketed it since I have no evidence. Can I walk into the bak to lay a complaint?

Adesiji77
Other bank workers.

Madam, I just saw your mention. You have mail.
Re: Bank Workers I Need Your Help by ruffhandu: 6:19pm On Sep 30, 2015
You didn't stay for your money to be counted?
Re: Bank Workers I Need Your Help by Godmother(f): 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2015
ruffhandu:
You didn't stay for your money to be counted?

Its First bank where you put the money and teller into an envelop and they credit ur account much later.
Re: Bank Workers I Need Your Help by Godmother(f): 6:21pm On Sep 30, 2015
Adesiji77:

Madam, I just saw your mention. You have mail.

Ok, I'm yet to receive it but expecting it
Re: Bank Workers I Need Your Help by Adesiji77: 6:38pm On Sep 30, 2015
Godmother:

Adesiji77
Other bank workers.

Don't be quick to conclude. Do you use this particular branch frequently? Are you a bit familiar with them? Since you have specified the amount to be credited, the teller could have kept that aside with intention to contact you (just saying). The teller would likely have an "overage" at the close of business today and would not be able to "balance" for the day.

By convention, customers are expected to raise issues that they have with cash deposits before leaving the banking hall as it is usually difficult to establish the veracity of claims afterward.

On the other hand, you could just stroll in on the next work day (Friday) and confidently ask the teller in question for your "change". He could own up out of embarrassment and return the money. If he denies, simply ask for his superior and report the incident. Even though there may not be sufficient evidence to nail him this time, it is just a matter of time before he is found out. It doesn't usually last for long.

2 Likes

Re: Bank Workers I Need Your Help by uboma(m): 8:56pm On Sep 30, 2015
^^^ excellent response
Re: Bank Workers I Need Your Help by aghr(m): 9:59am On Oct 01, 2015
Connect with freelancers in Nigeria today and get those grueling assignments, tasks and projects off your table on our BB channel. Our freelancers would bring you quality and professional service to save you time and stress of completing daunting tasks to meet up with your ever demanding schedules daily. Categories of jobs our freelancers can deliever include programming, copywriting, graphics design, webmasters etc
We respect your privacy and we are professionals who get job done ontime and perfectly.
Join us now C001E0B69

(1) (Reply)

How To Make New Year's Resolutions Work For You / Urgent Need For Youth Corpers & Fresh Graduates At Our Ikeja Office / Ways Of Making A Fortune In Photography & Videography Without Owning A Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.