Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,635 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). (9091 Views)

Most Powerful African Countries With Best Military Strength And Fire Power / WWIII HAS Begun:chinese Warplanes Join Russian Air Raids Against ISIS Terrorists / The Military Strength Of The Emperor Of The Country Of Western Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by 989900: 10:02pm On Sep 30, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
That is the problem! Nobody is sure of Iran's nuclear capability. Iran has done a good job keeping everyone guessing how powerful they are for decades. What we all know for sure is that Iran is dangerous. This is a good strategy if you ask me.

No one is gon' nuke nobody: it's MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction).

#weareallcrazyitsnotacompetition

3 Likes

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2015
Ugomba:
@OP. where is Israel on your list?
Lol you think say na by bible America take bomb Hiroshima? Isreal is NOT AMONG THE BIG BOYS
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by 989900: 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
But Russia has the largest submarine in the world that can sink the US carriers in a week. Russian subs are meant for American vessels.

Those old subs you mean?

USA:
72 Subs, 10 Frigates, 62 Destroyers.

Russia:
55 Subs, 4 Frigates, 12 Destroyers

2 Likes

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 30, 2015
989900:

It used to be MAD, but today it is not totally that. US and Russia can realistically thwart nukes from Pakistan but I cannot say the same for Pakistan whom the US and Russia can hit in 20 minutes. A US/China nuke war is however considered to be MAD because of their technologies. Btw Russia has over 1,130 nukes while the US has less than 400.
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2015
989900:

Those old subs you mean?

USA:
72 Subs, 10 Frigates, 62 Destroyers.

Russia:
55 Subs, 4 Frigates, 12 Destroyers

Since you are beancounting at GFP, why don't you check how many tanks and self~propelled guns Nigeria has and tell me why it has not been able to defeat Boko Haram so far. Having weapons is a point, its success against an enemy is another. US has more classes of tanks than Russia but the Russian Amata tank would defeat any US tank on the battle field, there by making the numbers on the US side a waste to their economy and a gain to their 1% American elites that produced the tanks and sold to the military at overcharged rate. Russian taxpayers money used to be wasted like that until Putin came into power and started dealing with them oligarchs. Most of them ran to England while the rest are jailed. Until America gets their own Putin, $600bn will be wasted annually on the 1% mostly Isreally elites that runs America.

2 Likes

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
The op is totally wrong! U.S and Russia have sophisticated defense systems that can thwart nuclear missiles targeted at them. Russia for example has the best defense system and also the most sophisticated nukes on this planet. Therefore, its attack and defense capabilities are superior to China. U.S on the other hand has the ability to confront China on Chinese coasts though it cannot realistically defeat China "alone". Russia's defense is capable of withstanding attacksfrom U.S, U.K, France and Germany, and the whole of Europe as a matter of fact.
WW3 will be fought in axis just like WW2 and WW1. It would be disastrous for any other axis should Russia, Iran, China and India belong to the same axis. It would be dangerous to underrate the intelligence, technology and nuclear capacity of Iran. Here is my own picks

1. Russia
2. U.S
3. China
4. Germany
5. India/England/France

Hehehe. u are wrong, it seems u are a russophile. Russia has numerical and tactical advantage over the US in nukes, but not NATO. U wronglywrote that Russia has a nuke defense system, dats untrue, Russia has a nuke warning system which warns the country over incoming nukes which it can either be destroyed if there is time, or allow the damages and respond to, using its ability to deny it's opponent first strike advantage, then strike back with a strong counter response. Russia cannot defend itself when Nato members overwhelm her with their combined nuclear power, also only moscow has a nuclear defense system, the rest of Russia only has a warning system, but the effectiveness of the warning system is countered of the launch is from a country very close to Russia like ukraine or Moldova, Russia might recieve the warning but their will not be enuf time for it to deploy a ballistic anti air missile launch like the s300 or even S 75 dvina, so it will have to absorb the impact, then it's nuclear commanders would launch missiles to cripple the sending countries through its hardened nuclear silos, Polaris and nuclear carrying ships and submarines.. these countries have a policy called MAD meaning mutual assured destruction, It means that if Russia shud attack america with icbm, america wud detect the bombs in transit and respond to the threat by sending it's own icbm back to Russia, vis Aa vis, it also means that these countries have invested in hardened silos, Polaris, nuclear ship and submarines which are always on the move in different parts of the world which makes them difficult to dead kill them. So when u even destroy their host countries, these nuclear installments like the ships, silos, Polaris wud survive the attack because they are built to, and return the favour...

S.S. Okeke. Military strategist...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
But Russia has the largest submarine in the world that can sink the US carriers in a week. Russian subs are meant for American vessels.

Russia's military is in wreck.. Even if Russia has the largest submarine in the world, america has submarine killers, many classes of Russian submarine had to be scrapped in 2009 because of maintainace cost from the typhoon class, lira, beluga, scrapped so many of their warship, destroyers and submarine. Until 2012 russias modern jet planes were from the 1980s, modified sukhoi 22s, mig 22s even mig 19 were still used nd de T90 tanks before this new armata nd sukhoi 30s nd pak 35.

1 Like

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 01, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
It used to be MAD, but today it is not totally that. US and Russia can realistically thwart nukes from Pakistan but I cannot say the same for Pakistan whom the US and Russia can hit in 20 minutes. A US/China nuke war is however considered to be MAD because of their technologies. Btw Russia has over 1,130 nukes while the US has less than 400.

U re wrong US has more than 400, although Russia has nuclear numerical advantage. It can't be MAD between pakistan and de US, the US will be damaged, bt paki wud be a wasteland. Well MAD is a cold war thing, countries like US, CHINA, RUSSIA have plans not to just survive a nuclear wat but to win it, more sophisticated ABM, SAM'S, and anti aircraft guns are been made like the S300

1 Like

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 01, 2015
989900:

It's not really MAD for countries like Iran, north Korea against the US or Russia, the us can protect itself from a sole launch of a nuke against it by deploying Sams, abms, anti aircraft guns to shoot the damn thing off the sky, also satellites have been weaponized to detect nuclear launch and automatically trigger a release of a counter nuke to destroy the bomb before it can leave the sending country.

1 Like

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by mikron(m): 12:06am On Oct 01, 2015
Following patiently
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by CSTR2: 12:15am On Oct 01, 2015
All these people don come again.
Any list that does not place the US as number one is a fraud.
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by AdiscoPele: 12:23am On Oct 01, 2015
It's getting more interesting. Pls, we need more information.
Though, I will always root for the US to finish any country, be it Russia or China.
I feel most of you are looking at the numerical advantage of China, but I still believe China can't face Japan if there happens to be war between both countries.
Also, the Brits are most often overlooked but remember they were the father of espionage and also have very intelligent people.
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Fembleez1(m): 12:28am On Oct 01, 2015
My next story on NL. Get ready to witness WORLD WAR III cheesy cool
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 2:43am On Oct 01, 2015
The two best defense systems in the world are Russian made. The 2nd of them is S-400 which is what China and India depend on. The number one is the Pantsir-S1.
Read about it here:
www.m.sputniknews.com/videoclub/20150630/1024032807.html
NATO members spend 2% of their GDP buying American weapons every year, there by making NATO a business plan by US to get more money from Europe since it could not directly and broadly control their resources like it is doing in Africa and Asia. USA is more developed as a nation than Russia, but the later's defense is the best in the world. Russia can withstand NATO but can NATO withstand Russia?

1 Like

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by onismate: 4:51am On Oct 01, 2015
Am sure Nigeria will have no accurate Data of her spending because the money was embezzled, gone into private pockets. I don't think Nigeria will spend up to $10,000 in 2013 for military hardware

1 Like

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by HighQue007: 6:41am On Oct 01, 2015
Oga Jona and PDP don spoil ours...we no fit dey top 1000
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Explorers(m): 7:13am On Oct 01, 2015
Nigeria MAN POWER.

* Total Population: 177,155,754.

* Available Manpower: 72,319,838.

Fit for Service: 40,707,659.

* Reaching Military Age Annually: 3,455,147.

* Active Frontline Personnel: 130,000.

* Active Reserve Personnel: 32,000.

LAND SYSTEMS Tank value includes Main Battle Tanks, light tanks and tank destroyers, either wheeled or tracked. AFV value includes Armored Personnel Carriers (APCs) and Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFVs).

* Tanks:148.

Armored Fighting Vehicles (AFVs): 1,420.

* Self-Propelled Guns (SPGs): 25.

* Towed-Artillery: 339.

* Multiple-Launch Rocket Systems (MLRSs):30.

AIR POWER Includes both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft from all branches of service.

* Total Aircraft: 98Fighters, Interceptors:10.

* Fixed-Wing Attack Aircraft: 10.

* Transport Aircraft: 42.

* Trainer Aircraft: 35.

* Helicopters: 38.

* Attack Helicopters: 9.

* NAVAL POWER Aircraft Carrier value includes dedicated "helicopter carrier" vessels. Total naval strength includes all known auxiliaries as well.

* Aircraft Carriers: 0

* Frigates: 2

* Destroyers: 0

* Corvettes: 0.

* Submarines: 0

* Coastal Defense Craft: 12.

* Mine Warfare: 3

* Defense Budget: $2,330,000,000.

* Defence Budget: N358,466,078,698 (Naij.com).

source: http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=nigeria

https://www.naij.com/348844-nigeria-2015-budget-jonathan-requests-for-new-aircraft.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1672104287

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 01, 2015
The Nigerian Armed Forces currently cannot defend Nigeria from any external threat. Most of the tanks are light and unserviceable while some have been siezed and destroyed by BH. The Navy is useless and complete waste of resources. Most of its personels are rich kids with "connections". No war experience and drills are not held regularly. GFP does not determine the true strenght of a military.

1 Like

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Explorers(m): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
The Nigerian Armed Forces currently cannot defend Nigeria from any external threat. Most of the tanks are light and unserviceable while some have been siezed and destroyed by BH. The Navy is useless and complete waste of resources. Most of its personels are rich kids with "connections". No war experience and drills are not held regularly. GFP does not determine the true strenght of a military.

Pot bellied officers, most of them cannot even defend themselves, not to talk of defending a nation.
Only perfect at intimidating/brutalising civilians, motorists. Recently, some of them(NA) with a superior officer went to an eatery, asked every civilian to leave/excuse because oga wanted to eat. For almost 30mins, people were outside till they left.

1 Like

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 01, 2015
Explorers:

Pot bellied officers, most of them cannot even defend themselves, not to talk of defending a nation.
Only perfect at intimidating/brutalising civilians, motorists. Recently, some of them(NA) with a superior officer went to an eatery, asked every civilian to leave/excuse because oga wanted to eat. For almost 30mins, people were outside till they left.
4 days ago, they nearly killed an old man that told them to go and join their mates in Sambisa forest instead of terrorising innocent civilians.

2 Likes

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Explorers(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
4 days ago, they nearly killed an old man that told them to go and join their mates in Sambisa forest instead of terrorising innocent civilians.

Eeeeyah.....can yoy imagine? I cant laff....I pity that oldman.
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by alexis007(m): 9:56am On Oct 01, 2015
Truly the age of Information.....Peeps who can't lock and load common revolver are seriously forming military analysts here, all thanks to highly-subsidized internet rates and free mb's.

WWIII is not happening anytime soon. Forget these doomsday prophets capitalizing on face-offs among major global leaders towards contemporary critical issues. Where freedom of opinion is guaranteed, differences are bound to exist. Fortunately for us all, no global superpower at the moment is headed by an ambitious, inconsiderate,hot-headed and Hitler-like leader. The boy from North Korea is just a spoilt lad seeking attention.

One day, I would find myself in a position where the fate of nations and mankind in general would heavily depend on me. For now I am still struggling with getting a life. Same goes to N-landers out there. Never be so enthused with the virtual as to lose touch with the real. cool Live the dream.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 01, 2015
The poster above me knows nothing other than what Hollywood and Western media feeds him. His alexis[b]007[/b] moniker confirms my thought that he thinks Hollywood has a connection with reality. America has never had a leader. The elites and Isreal Lobby are the dictators of American policies.

He thinks North Korea is indeed a weak state because he read so NY Times and Linda Ikeji blog when in reality, it is a nuclear power than can decimate America's reach in Asai. In a non-allied war, South Korea and even Japan won't be a problem to the aggressive North Korean army.

You think non-Western countries are weak militarily but in reality they are not.
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Explorers(m): 11:47am On Oct 01, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
The poster above me knows nothing other than what Hollywood and Western media feeds him. His alexis[b]007[/b] moniker confirms my thought that he thinks Hollywood has a connection with reality. America has never had a leader. The elites and Isreal Lobby are the dictators of American policies.

He thinks North Korea is indeed a weak state because he read so NY Times and Linda Ikeji blog when in reality, it is a nuclear power than can decimate America's reach in Asai. In a non-allied war, South Korea and even Japan won't be a problem to the aggressive North Korean army.

You think non-Western countries are weak militarily but in reality they are not.

Lol...
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by SirBlack999(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2015
One thing tells me that this Op;"explorers" was formerly "Sile12" that deactivated his account.
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by CivilzedTyger(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2015
Where Is Germany I Cudnt Find It There

1 Like

Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by solodox(m): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
homealone2:
where is Niaja,
We gat Boko boys, Militants, Mend, Massob, etc .

Abi o! There was this idiot that keeps insisting that we have one of the best armies in the world! Therefore i declare this list invalid! put naija for there if you want us to approve this list. ayaf spoken!
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by uzolexis(f): 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
Interesting read.
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Explorers(m): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2015
uzolexis:
Interesting
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2015
Great work Op. God will save us oh
Re: Military Strength: The Top 5 Nations That Could Defeat The World(WWIII). by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2015
solodox:
*USA *MOTHER RUSSIA/CHINA *GREAT BRITAIN/GERMANY *JAPAN/NORTH KOREA *IRAN?
Wow! i stand corrected!

Dnt u think Isreal shld be above IRAN

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FJSC Recommends Justice Onnoghen For Appointment As CJN / Judge Slams Odili’s Lawyer For ‘Misleading’ Court Over Confiscated Passport / Confession: Haliru Says Ibb, Buhari, Atiku Etc Are The Sponsors Of Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.