Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,698 members, 7,831,178 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

From Your Opinion Apple Icloud Unlock Is It Illegal ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / From Your Opinion Apple Icloud Unlock Is It Illegal ? (711 Views)

Please I Need Help With Iphone6s Plus Icloud Unlock / Occupy NCC 1st December, It's Illegal And Criminal To Charge VAT From Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From Your Opinion Apple Icloud Unlock Is It Illegal ? by dival247(m): 8:25pm On Sep 30, 2015
jewelzurbana Community Member
5/15/14
Has anyone noticed the huge amount of "iCloud Locked" iPhones that are listed and sold on eBay daily?! It is disgusting. And very hard to believe that the seller is the rightful owner of the item when they cannot simply gain assistance from Apple to either reset or receive an email from them containing their iCloud account credentials. Really. Who gives up a $500-$600 item because they have "forgotten" their username and password to gain access to it?! Seems to me that contacting Apple would be the more logical thing to do, rather than slap it on eBay or Craiglist for sale.

I have tried to pull eBay's coattail about this but it appears as though there is only an email address for communication with law enforcement when it comes to stolen property.

eBay and Craigslist totally aid thieves in their dispicable behavior.

Does anyone reading this know how else to get in touch with eBay as a member and not law enforcement on this issue? For goodness sake, I saw a post today with about 5 iphone 4/4S's and 1 iPhone 5/5S (A TOTAL OF ABOUT 6 iPhones!!!) being sold in a lot and listed as all "iCloud Locked". There is no denying that a person that has possession of about 6 iPhones all with an Activation Lock enabled came to have these phones in an unjust manner.
Re: From Your Opinion Apple Icloud Unlock Is It Illegal ? by dival247(m): 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
technically its not against any law (that i know of). but that ipad will no longer be eligible for service from apple ever again.

(1) (Reply)

Visafone Blackberry Bold 5 Offer / Apple To Release Cheap Iphone 6C Handset By Mid-2016 / Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.