Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,396 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu (18804 Views)

6bedroom Duplex With 2bedroom BQ In Lekki Phase 2 For Sale (pics) / Soak Away /septic Tank Construction On Waterlogged Area / Converting a 6bedroom duplex to 2bedroom block of flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 8:33am On Oct 05, 2015
Pchinak:

Watching out with the bold in mind. Good speed to you.
Thank you
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by stanley000: 9:00am On Oct 05, 2015
Nice project,dont forget to at least place a hints on the costs incure at certain crusial stagesjust to educate some aspiring potential landlords here

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
Form work on going... it's a combination of 6" and 9", we want to use 6" for internal partitioning /demarcation and 9" for external wall. ...saving cost

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
Form work on going... it's a combination of 6" and 9", want to use 6" for internal wall demarcation and 9" for external wall. ...saving cost

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2015
'Block form work' on going... it's easier and better using few 'good headed' masons in this stage for accuracy.

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 3:48am On Oct 06, 2015
[quote author=stanley000 post=38680147]Nice project,dont forget to at least place a hints on the costs incure at certain crusial stagesjust to educate some aspiring potential landlords here[/quote ]

That's alright I will.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 06, 2015
dubemcapital:
Form work on going... it's a combination of 6" and 9", we want to use 6" for internal partitioning /demarcation and 9" for external wall. ...saving cost

Good decision.

Doing the same but mine is to eek out the last possible space.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by Pchinak: 8:07am On Oct 06, 2015
dubemcapital:
Re-enforcing the wall with a weak concrete mixture and sand filling is the stage@my site... still raining

Was the bold necessary because of the water logged nature, or you always do it?
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2015
Pchinak:

Was the bold necessary because of the water logged nature, or you always do it?

I use that strategy where necessary and for 3 reasons. But in this case is because of the nature Of the land.
Though is not advisable if there is no plan to lay sizable lump or any damp control measure, it could be capable of causing damages in the nearest future.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Good decision.

Doing the same but mine is to eek out the last possible space.

That is inclusive grin

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by Pchinak: 8:09pm On Oct 06, 2015
dubemcapital:

I use that strategy where necessary and for 3 reasons. But in this case is because of the nature Of the land.
Though is not advisable if there is no plan to lay sizable lump or any damp control measure, it could be capable of causing damages in the nearest future.

Thanks. I sent you a mail on the email address I saw on your signature, you no reply.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by eyeview: 8:28pm On Oct 06, 2015
Can someone please tell me if there's any where in enugu city where residents have access to water by borehole
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2015
Pchinak:

Thanks. I sent you a mail on the email address I saw on your signature, you no reply.

Sorry, I will do that right away

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 10:14pm On Oct 06, 2015
Because of the kind of sharp sand in Enugu, I mix my mortar with mixing machine for result and accuracy.
The iron structural fitters are already on ground getting lintel beem ready.
The wood work materials needed for the 22 pillars and lintels has been ordered. Am sure by next tomorrow we must have conclude d the cast work.

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by bigfizh(m): 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
Dubemcapital

pls wats the estimated cost of laying a foundation of a 4 flat storey building, 2 bed room each, (2 flat up and 2 down), nature of the land is okay(not damp)

Regards.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 12:25am On Oct 07, 2015
bigfizh:
Dubemcapital
pls wats the estimated cost of laying a foundation of a 4 flat storey building, 2 bed room each, (2 flat up and 2 down), nature of the land is okay(not damp)
Regards.

1,158,000 will handle it with ease depending on the contractor or engineer you choose to use and his work pattern. Thank you
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 12:30am On Oct 07, 2015
eyeview:
Can someone please tell me if there's any where in enugu city where residents have access to water by borehole

In Enugu urban it is rear because of coal but places like 9th mile, Oji river, Udi, some part of Amechi and Akegbe ugwu.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by bigfizh(m): 6:35am On Oct 07, 2015
dubemcapital:

1,158,000 will handle it with ease depending on the contractor or engineer you choose to use and his work pattern. Thank you

Dubemcapital, thank you.

i will also like to know the following,

1, cost of laying foundation with German floor
2, cost of laying foundation, German floor, and raising blocks up to lintel level of the proposed 4 nos of 2 bed room flats ensuite storey building.

i will appreciate a breakdown summary of the cost from laying foundation, German flooring upto lintel level.

regards.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 10:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Oga Spyder, don't mind Oga EgunMogaji.. He likes me and he likes to call me out.. I'm sure he's waiting for my next construction diary to come n bash me.

We were talking about his own house and expectations we had based on the bashings Egun has meted out to us in general. No one said its wrong to carry headpan o..

As we can see from d pic, he has basic equipments (concrete mixer, vibrator, level instrument etc) and that's all I expected (if not more) from the Egun himself.

Basically, according to building codes, we should remove vegetable matter and excavate top soil to about 100-150mm before building to avoid settling after vegetable matter has decomposed.

From the site pics, its just 1 or 2 grasses with shallow roots not like the one on Egun's site. I wish U a successful one @dubemcapital

Thank you my bro, I think Oga Egun's is just catching fun grin

Nevertheless, the vegetable is completely out of the proposed area of building. But they have an excavated work done earlier before I came. So that area is not inclusive in my foundation grin
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 10:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
bigfizh:

Dubemcapital, thank you.

i will also like to know the following,

1, cost of laying foundation with German floor
2, cost of laying foundation, German floor, and raising blocks up to lintel level of the proposed 4 nos of 2 bed room flats ensuite storey building.

i will appreciate a breakdown summary of the cost from laying foundation, German flooring upto lintel level.

regards.

Thank you sir, can you write me @ capitalshelters@yahoo.com
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 10:37pm On Oct 07, 2015
Lintel /pillar cast work loading...

1 Like

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by bigfizh(m): 10:54pm On Oct 07, 2015
Dubemcapital ,

sent to your mail box

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 11:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
bigfizh:
Dubemcapital ,

sent to your mail box

Capitalshelters@yahoo.com
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 7:51am On Oct 09, 2015
We need to move faster than this... Leveling loading.... I will import more faster and professional brick layers for the leveling. By 6pm today God willing, we maybe getting ready for first floor wood work for Concrete cast

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
dubemcapital:

In Enugu urban it is rear because of coal but places like 9th mile, Oji river, Udi, some part of Amechi and Akegbe ugwu.

Places like 9th mile, Oji River, Udi, some part of Amaechi, Akegbe ugwu, nsukka, etc. It is achievable. But in Enugu city the possibility is lightly slim because of the coal deposit in many part of Enugu. {sorry, the previous answer was incomplete}
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by spyder880(m): 3:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Lovely, simply lovely. I just love the way you are making use of latest technology there. Good work.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
spyder880:
Lovely, simply lovely. I just love the way you are making use of latest technology there. Good work.

Thank you sir
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
Leveling... in progress

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 7:55pm On Oct 09, 2015
Leveling in progress

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 6:25am On Oct 14, 2015
First floor slab... plumber is done for this stage, woodwork preparation, iron fitter on duty... electrical installation technician arrives today from Lagos.

Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by KolaShangOne(m): 2:29pm On Oct 15, 2015
Good progress..
But having a 6 weeks target from foundation to finishing this house is a very very short time. It won't give you time to pay attention to details. I'm following keenly.
Re: Building A 6bedroom Duplex In A Half Plot (waterlogged) @enugu by dubemcapital(m): 3:58pm On Oct 16, 2015
KolaShangOne:
Good progress..
But having a 6 weeks target from foundation to finishing this house is a very very short time. It won't give you time to pay attention to details. I'm following keenly.

As a matter of fact you are right, but i have crew that help in running the site to achieve our goal. eg. i have with me here my supervisor, site manager, foreman and my humble self together i believe we will get it done in the absence of financial delay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City / The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt / More properties updates and please rate this website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.