Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,004 members, 7,863,622 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB (30616 Views)

President Muhammadu Buhari 57th Independence Speech (video) / Independence Speech By Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa – October 1, 1960 / President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by dammytosh: 8:23am On Oct 01, 2015
smuth:

Watch him deny everything he said today tomorrow...see as him speech dey totori gullible people like you.

Deny a speech read on LIVE TV ?

You really deserve a Brain Transplant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 01, 2015
Nigeria will be great Again

Meanwhile

Hardwood for house roofing available for sale.

2 x 2 @ N300 per rate

2 x 3 @ N400 per rate

2 x 4 @ N500 per rate

2 x 6 @ N800 per rate

3 x 4 @ N800 per rate

1 x 12 @ N1700 per rate

wood type: Akun, Eku, Koko Ogbo, Manania, Ogons, Obus, Ayinre, Black Afara, Abora, Iroko, Itara, Ayin, Okilolo.

(hardwood for sale 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, 2x6, 3x4, 1x12) lifelightproperties@gmail.com, 08182481552, 08088574969, Whatsapp: 08182481552, BBM PIN: 532C8DE8 visit www.lifelightproperties.com for more information email contactus@lifelightproperties.com
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by SomebodyLovesMe: 8:26am On Oct 01, 2015
soropee:
"According to him, the procedure for handing over to his government by the immediate past administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan contributed to the delay in the appointment of cabinet members".

When will this blame game end? He had earlier said that the delay in appointing of his cabinet was as a result of him searching for men/women or unquestionable character. How come now it is because of the lateness of the submission of the handover note?

When a person/persons begin to speak from both sides of their mouth, the person/persons integrity should be weighed on the balance.

My submission though!

TonyeBarcanista:

This man is a clown (no offence). What is it with handover note?

The level of reasoning of many Nigerian youth leave a lot to be desired. Most can't link cause and effect. The education system needs a shake up.
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by Billygee2u: 8:28am On Oct 01, 2015
Buhari go and eat cow dung.
Mr blamer,
Mr always right,
the worst dullard on earth,
a blamer is a failure,
you have already failed,
Nigerians are only praying for 2019 to quickly come for them to correct their mistake
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by smuth(m): 8:34am On Oct 01, 2015
dammytosh:

Deny a speech read on LIVE TV ?

You really deserve a Brain Transplant.

Mumu, the same way he told you on national TV that he has just 1 million naira in his bank account, two houses and had to borrow money from the bank to buy his nomination form before the election. Fools will never learn, gullibility is a choice and you chose it.

3 Likes

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by hothead(m): 8:38am On Oct 01, 2015
Almost every Nigerian had guessed who the ministers would be less than 2weeks after Baba became president. Why did it take baba 4months?

We guessed it in 2weeks and we were half right, it took baba 4months to write it on paper. Baba na real go slow. It took him an average of 4days to write one name. Wow!

I wlda thought his ministers would be from out of space sha!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by mmsen: 8:39am On Oct 01, 2015
“Whatever one’s views are, Nigerians must thank former President Jonathan for not digging-in in the face of defeat and thereby saving the country untold consequences,” Buhari said.

So Nigerians should be thankful that Dr Jonathan is not you.
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by dammytosh: 8:40am On Oct 01, 2015
smuth:

Mumu, the same way he told you on national TV that he has just 1 million naira in his bank account, two houses and had to borrow money from the bank to buy his nomination form before the election. Fools will never learn, gullibility is a choice and you chose it.

WHICH National TV did he say that and WHICH National TV did he deny what he said ?

Election is over deal with it.

I don't have time to engage losers on a campaign after election. It is really stressful and difficult to engage an 1mbecile on matters that require common sense before emotion.

Keep WAILING till 2019.

For now, GERARAHIA !
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by smuth(m): 8:43am On Oct 01, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

This man is a clown (no offence). What is it with handover note?

I swear Buhari is a clown and a confused old man. His speech is always incomplete without blaming the previous Government, someone should please tell him that campaign is over he should get to work. Nigerians are tired of excuses.

3 Likes

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by alexlee50: 8:48am On Oct 01, 2015
Excuses, another civilized way to tell a lie.so it took baba for 4 months to decide who he wants to make minister? Left to him, he would do it alone, he doesn't trust
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by dokunbam(m): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2015
Aufbauh:
Summary of PMB speech.

Impatient is not a virtue ;that his administration is set to do things methodologically and properly.

Order is more vital than speed; APC change mantra stands for a careful and deliberate decisions after consultations which will always produce a far better results.

I am not a Witch hunter, that he is not after anyone not even after wailers taskmasters. People should only be afraid of the consequences of their actions not his person.

Prudence and probity in public financing by blocking leakages.

Changes does not just happens, it starts from you by changing your lawless/ wailing attitudes.

finally GEJ should be appreciated for loosing a clear election and candidly accepting defeat in the face of unpatriotic elements who wouldn't have wanted him to do so like ffk, Metuh, Fayose, Wike, Ahmed Yankisa, Yinka and Co
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2015
smuth:

I swear Buhari is a clown and a confused old man. His speech is always incomplete without blaming the previous Government, someone should please tell him that campaign is over he should get to work. Nigerians are tired of excuses.
My brother, I've been observing things since the past few days! I'm so disappointed

1 Like

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by omogin(f): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2015
20pounds:
PMB had to wait for four months before he gave us a list of familiar faces and names. These are people that have been with him all these while and he could have announced them immediately after leaving the Eagle square on May 29th. Wasting all our time and dragging the economy in the mud under the guise of looking for saints is hogwash.

Four months after, we have no economic policy or blueprint from the new government and he has drawn up a list made up of politicians who might not be too keen on revamping our economy, as they would be in politicking. This goes to prove our suspicion that PMB didn't want to work with Ministers. He wanted to be a sole administrator and issue orders, directives and 'body language'. I bet he drew up the list in New York, seeing that the September deadline was fast approaching.

We wish him well...

My exact thoughts. Anyway if amaechi makes that list, then APC is dead on arrival.
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by ephemm(m): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2015
Aufbauh:

finally GEJ should be appreciated for loosing a clear election and candidly accepting defeat in the face of unpatriotic elements who wouldn't have wanted him to do so like ffk, Metuh, Fayose, Wike, Ahmed Yankisa, Yinka and Co

Pls this list is incomplete without Orubebe

1 Like

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by omonla555: 8:53am On Oct 01, 2015
Aufbauh:
Summary of PMB speech.

Impatient is not a virtue ;that his administration is set to do things methodologically and properly.

Order is more vital than speed; APC change mantra stands for a careful and deliberate decisions after consultations which will always produce a far better results.

I am not a Witch hunter, that he is not after anyone not even after wailers taskmasters. People should only be afraid of the consequences of their actions not his person.

Changes does not just happens, it starts from you by changing your lawless/ wailing attitudes.

Great Mind

1 Like

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by seedgreen(m): 9:04am On Oct 01, 2015
midolian:

You guys should calm down! grin

The speech was made available to media houses before the 7am broadcast to commemorate the country’s 55th Independence anniversary

Modified*

Will you guys now modify your posts? I have been vindicated. I told ya! Will never feed you with lies grin
ur right bro. Kudos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2015
lorbah001:
Buhari is good with speeches.... Is he a phD holder?

Gone are d days of childish speeches frm d phD holder and his foodseller wife
Mumu
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by stcool(m): 9:12am On Oct 01, 2015
STOP BLAMING GEJ....IDIOT...Why can't he just get over GEJ. Make thunder fire you and your cows(followers)!
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by joelreg(m): 9:19am On Oct 01, 2015
i hope d blame game will stop
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by kolokolobi(m): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2015
I have been careful not to jump into any conclusions on the current PMB administration until a bit after six months. I have looked through his speech and can not see any fault in his report and explanations. For one I can say the president is a realist. This may be due to his military back ground. However I find it amazing that some people having dug their political feet in trenches can not see beyond the grain. I'm amazed the respectable tonyebarcanista could make statements I've read on this thread. PMB's explanation that a delayed hand over note was partly responsible for the composition of the cabinet is not only believable but also real. In the small firm where I receive my pay your intention to go on a holiday takes a one week process involving several meetings, tonnes of information exchanges, visits to various projects and customers key points to ensure the transition is so smooth it is even unnoticeable. A country of Nigeria's magnitude deserves more than a hand over note four days to leaving power. I am not a PMB apologist. I am a lover of Nigeria cos I know it has the ability to be great if things are done properly. I've been to countries with fewer resources that have excelled mainly due to their resolve to do things correctly. We too can.
I will say my mind if I sence PMB do things that are less than leadership at his level. So far what I have seen is a man trying, all be it in a perceived slow manner, his best to chat a durable course forward. This speech should be a masterclass study. Classic clauses that shows that we hold the key to determine our fate. I agree with him. At least for now.

1 Like

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by dasrackhor(m): 9:33am On Oct 01, 2015
Aufbauh:
Summary of PMB speech.

Chief summariser..I hail thee..
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by ozinetbiz: 9:43am On Oct 01, 2015
No excuse.he has failed on hs promise as usual. www.abujavisitorsguideforum.com
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by Fiscabally(m): 9:48am On Oct 01, 2015
I'm hopeful!
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:51am On Oct 01, 2015
kolokolobi:
I have been careful not to jump into any conclusions on the current PMB administration until a bit after six months. I have looked through his speech and can not see any fault in his report and explanations. For one I can say the president is a realist. This may be due to his military back ground. However I find it amazing that some people having dug their political feet in trenches can not see beyond the grain. I'm amazed the respectable tonyebarcanista could make statements I've read on this thread. PMB's explanation that a delayed hand over note was partly responsible for the composition of the cabinet is not only believable but also real. In the small firm where I receive my pay your intention to go on a holiday takes a one week process involving several meetings, tonnes of information exchanges, visits to various projects and customers key points to ensure the transition is so smooth it is even unnoticeable. A country of Nigeria's magnitude deserves more than a hand over note four days to leaving power. I am not a PMB apologist. I am a lover of Nigeria cos I know it has the ability to be great if things are done properly. I've been to countries with fewer resources that have excelled mainly due to their resolve to do things correctly. We too can.
I will say my mind if I sence PMB do things that are less than leadership at his level. So far what I have seen is a man trying, all be it in a perceived slow manner, his best to chat a durable course forward. This speech should be a masterclass study. Classic clauses that shows that we hold the key to determine our fate. I agree with him. At least for now.
Thank you!

Firstly, the administration of GEJ were in full cooperation with the Jode transition committee.

Secondly, it amounts to GROSS incompetence for a leader to continue to blame his predecessor for lack of constituting cabinet (not even policies) even after FOUR months in office.

Thirdly, Buhari took more than TWO months to appoint the FG's Secretary. This is usually done within 24hrs or even same day of inauguration. That's what serious government do. The SGF's role in appreciating the situation cannot be overestimated.

Fourthly, Buhari has done nothing worthy of appreciation since May 29 except the prosecution of Saraki.

Finally, you are not being fair to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by Koolmexxi(m): 9:54am On Oct 01, 2015
Oga PMB we know delays and errors could happen at any time, but what we are saying is just kip us in the loop so dat we'ld always be carried along. I'm not really ur fan but from ur speech u are ready to get down to business.
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by lalasticlala(m): 9:58am On Oct 01, 2015
midolian:
Bro, I tire o! grin I don't even know what else to say to them.

In fact, the president is now talking live. He has mentioned that which is contained in this thread.

Lalasticlala, happy independence day

Happy Independa..

1 Like

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by joeyfire(m): 10:00am On Oct 01, 2015
So the president of the largest black nation in the world with a population of almost 190 million people cannot appoint ministers months after taking office because GEJ gave handover notes four days before leaving office? Nigeria don suffer.

After four months u rigmarole and still fall back on the same ameachis and fasholas as tainted as they are? What an incompetent, arrogant and backward style of governance. I am just sorry for the masses who have been used again by a clique of elite to seize power
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by dantewest: 10:05am On Oct 01, 2015
Buhari's supporters will do anything to make it look like Buhari is faultless, stainless, all knowing, saint, purer than saints, holier than holy, cleanest, sanest, most hardworking, and most sincere man in Nigeria. Non is holier or better than Buhari.

That is just sad, cos Buhari is definitely not who the media propaganda paint him to be.

Although, there has been light so far. I just pray the Nation won't be misruled as we have always been.

And for those shouting Wailing wailers at anyone who questions Buhari, those people are the most dangerous people to give any sorts of relevance to.

Instead of them to argue with sense and fact, they resort to silly abuses and name calling. That is simply immature, brutal and wicked.

The term wailing wailer is used to discredit any other point of view that any legitimate Nigerian have. I see it as a wicked type of censorship, attacking the sub consciousness of anyone who doesnt fall in line with the party's point of view.

Grab a book, not just any book. Read 1984 by George Orwell. Read it and gain insights to how the government is not to be trusted, especially in this modern age.

Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by madola: 10:07am On Oct 01, 2015
midolian:
President Muhammadu Buhari explained this morning why he eventually sent the list of the first batch of his ministerial nominees to the National Assembly for the Senate late yesterday.

According to him, the procedure for handing over to his government by the immediate past administration of former President Goodluck Jonathan contributed to the delay in the appointment of cabinet members.i

Buhari who made this explanation in a nationwide address broadcast live on national television and radio station at 7am this morning noted that he was not unaware of the anxiety and heat generated both home and abroad by the delay in appointing his ministers.

He also hinted that he was yet to complete the nomination of ministers, saying he would forward additional names to the Senate for confirmation in due course.

“Anyway, the wait is over. The first set of names for ministerial nominees for confirmation has been sent to the Senate. Subsequent lists will be forwarded in due course. Impatience is not a virtue,” the president stated.

Explaining the delay in ministerial appointments, President Buhari restated that his administration inherited a plethora of problems that are urgently seeking to be quickly addressed if the country must move forward in terms of growth and development.

He said, “Fellow Nigerians, there has been a lot of anxiety and impatience over the apparent delay in the announcement of ministers. There is no cause to be anxious. Our government set out to do things methodically and properly.

“We received the handing over notes from the outgoing government only four days before taking over. Consequently, the Joda Transition Committee submitted its report on the reorganization of federal government structure after studying the handover notes.

“It would have been haphazard to announce ministers when the government had not finalized the number of ministries to optimally carry the burden of governance.

“Order is more vital than speed. Careful and deliberate decisions after consultations get far better results. And better results for our country is what the APC government for change is all about.”

Buhari reiterated that he bore no grudges against anybody and that his government was not after anyone.

“As I said in my inaugural speech, I bear no ill will against anyone on past events. Nobody should fear anything from me. We are not after anyone. People should only fear the consequences of their actions. I hereby invite everyone, whatever his or her political view, to join me in working for the nation. he stated.

On the problems his government inherited, Buhari said, “We have seen in the last few years how huge resources were mismanaged, squandered and wasted. The new APC government is embarking on a clean up, introducing prudence and probity in public financing.

“At an early stage, the federal government addressed the issue of salary arrears in many states, a situation capable of degenerating into social unrest. The APC government stepped in to provide short-term support to the owing states and enabled them to pay off the backlog and restore the livelihood of millions of Nigerians”.

Buhari, however, reassured Nigerians of his administration’s resolve to meticulously execute projects that would impact positively on their lives, adding that the country cannot afford any avoidable mistakes.

He implored Nigerians to be patient and team up with the government to deliver on the dividend of democracy to the citizens, irrespective of their political affiliation.

“I would like to end my address this morning on our agenda for Change. Change does not just happen. You and I and all of us must appreciate that we all have our part to play if we want to bring change about,” he stated.

The president noted that for positive change to take place, Nigerians must be ready to change their lawless habits and attitudes to public office and other government establishments.

“We must change our lawless habits, our attitude to public office and public trust. We must change our unruly behaviour in schools, hospitals, market places, motor parks, on the roads, in homes and offices. To bring about change, we must change ourselves by being law-abiding citizens,” he noted.

Buhari further noted that October 1 was a day for joy and celebrations for Nigerians despite the circumstances they find themselves “because it is the day, 55 years ago, we liberated ourselves from the shackles of colonialism and began our long march to nationhood and to greatness.

“No temporary problems or passing challenges should stop us from honoring this day. Let us remind ourselves of the gifts God has given us. Our Creator has bequeathed to us numbers – Nigeria is the ninth most populated country on the planet,” he added.

The president, however, observed that in spite of all the attributes of a great nation, Nigeria is not there yet because of the one commodity it had been unable to exploit to the fullest – unity of purpose.

“This would have enabled us to achieve not only more orderly political evolution and integration but also continuity and economic progress. Countries far less endowed have made greater economic progress by greater coherence and unity of purpose.

“Nonetheless, that we have remained together is an achievement we should all appreciate and try to consolidate. We have witnessed this year a change in our democratic development. The fact that an opposition party replaced an entrenched government in a free and fair election is indicative of the deeper roots of our democratic system.

“Whatever one’s views are, Nigerians must thank former President Jonathan for not digging-in in the face of defeat and thereby saving the country untold consequences,” Buhari said.

http://leadership.ng/news/464400/independence-speech-why-i-sent-ministerial-list-late-pmb

------------------------------
Please Note: This was made available to media houses before the 7am broadcast to commemorate the country’s 55th Independence anniversary.

Midolian has never fed you with lies and never will. Listen to the president live now. You ll hear him say all that's contained here.
.i just hope my name will be on the list
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by 48noble(m): 10:12am On Oct 01, 2015
WTF
Re: Independence Speech: Why I Sent Ministerial List Late – PMB by kolokolobi(m): 10:37am On Oct 01, 2015
@tonyebarcanista....i have not only tried to be fair to myself but to even the issues. I don't know where you're operating from but I dare say that attempts by people to stampede leadership into actions that the it has not yet thought through only to be blamed later is not the best. In my private discussions I have maintained that the one thing missing from the administration is that after telling Nigerians what value tenets it upholds it is yet to unveil a vision and mission which gives direction and general purpose. I for one having taken up a role of this magnitude will not fly into the loop just to fulfill all righteousness. If I get his approach right I'm believing he wants to have a good view of what is really happening before leaping. I am willing to forgive any time spent to get the fundamentals in order to chat a way forward. Do not forget that this is former military head of state and things have changed. Like I mentioned earlier I am not a PMB apologist neither can I stomach neck deep political nose in air political gingoists who see no good in anything from the other side. My commitment is to the Nigerian course. I'm not interested in the political blocks and their argie bargie as the end, for them, justifies the means.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019: "I Can Win With APGA" - Okorocha Admits Losing Control Of State APC / Amaechi Sets The Ball In Transport / David Mark Named In Panama Papers With UK Properties - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.