Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,439 members, 7,836,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) - Business (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) (171577 Views)

Sales And Supplies Of Soap,ideal,air Freshener And Bleach / 200kg Bars Of Gold Up For Sale @ 8% Discount On Current Rate / My Small Factory Now Makes 50,000 Bars Of Soap Every Week. See Video And Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (49) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Akwaidara: 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2017
Oduok:

What do you want to do with caustic potash - analysis? Most shops are selling caustic soda - production grade. Let me know if you want to buy analytical grade caustic potash.

Soap production please
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by iHart(m): 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
Akwaidara:

That was a mistake. It's actually caustic potash. I was at Aba on Wednesday, at Ehi road and Ariaria Market but to no avail.
WhatsApp me for contacts in Aba...
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by iHart(m): 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2017
Akwaidara:

Soap production please
why do you want to use caustic potash over caustic soda?
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Oduok(m): 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2017
Akwaidara:

Soap production please
I'm sure you comfortably reply me with only a single line because you are a lady. When you are ready to give response let me know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by iHart(m): 8:32am On Dec 23, 2017
Oduok:

I'm sure you comfortably reply me with only a single line because you are a lady. When you are ready to give response let me know.
haaa, anything wrong with the "single line" reply? From the reply what Akwaidara needs is not an analar grade!
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Akwaidara: 8:46pm On Dec 23, 2017
iHart:
why do you want to use caustic potash over caustic soda?

I want to use both at varying % depending on my recipe. I wanted to try wood ash or cocoa pod ash the old way but I discovered i'll end up with K2CO3 and not really KOH i.e potash and not Caustic Potash that i want.

I'm trying many recipe not just laundry soap. But I'm not into liquid soap.
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Brineharry: 6:09am On Dec 24, 2017
This thread has been very informative. Thanks to all DAT made it a success.. Pls where can I locate Ghana soap makers around kogi or Benue .. Help
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by iHart(m): 7:26pm On Dec 24, 2017
Akwaidara:

I want to use both at varying % depending on my recipe. I wanted to try wood ash or cocoa pod ash the old way but I discovered i'll end up with K2CO3 and not really KOH i.e potash and not Caustic Potash that i want.

I'm trying many recipe not just laundry soap. But I'm not into liquid soap.
is there a quality you want your soap to have? ...and is it for commercial purpose? or you are just doing it for fun?
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by iHart(m): 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2017
Brineharry:
This thread has been very informative. Thanks to all DAT made it a success.. Pls where can I locate Ghana soap makers around kogi or Benue .. Help
...heard of Cameroon soap and Ghana soap, what about Nigerian soap? hahahaha
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Brineharry: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2017
iHart:
...heard of Cameroon soap and Ghana soap, what about Nigerian soap? hahahaha
am serious about it pls any help will be greatly appreciated
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by iHart(m): 3:18pm On Dec 26, 2017
Brineharry:
am serious about it pls any help will be greatly appreciated
sorry I don't know about Ghana soap and more so I reside in the east
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
kennyman2000:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

in as much as i'll appreciate OP's good deed..

I'll also advise people to be careful before they place order for the ebook.. op should be able to give answers to people question constructively and meaningfully in atleast 3 pages of this thread and lets see if truly OP knows much about what he's saying or his claims are genuine.

Be careful so that u dont end up buying an ebook thats as useless as rubbish.

Op ebook may just be in a bid to make money..

Dont be desperate.. Be warned!

All the best!

For guyman to chop, mugu must fall.

If this OP was actually making 110,000 bars of soap monthly, he would be too busy to come on here and market a piffling e-book on soap-making. Any serious ssce holder with a credit in o-level chemistry can make soap, and also write an e-book on the subject grin
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by CosmeticChemist(m): 11:10pm On Dec 26, 2017
sophoccles:

For guyman to chop, mugu must fall.

If this OP was actually making 110,000 bars of soap monthly, he would be too busy to come on here and market a piffling e-book on soap-making. Any serious ssce holder with a credit in o-level chemistry can make soap, and also write an e-book on the subject grin

Some of you reason through your anus.. If you have a really large plodder, you can make that in one day. I make 5 times that amount now in just one month.

3 Likes

Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Nobody: 4:34am On Dec 27, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

Some of you reason through your anus.. If you have a really large plodder, you can make that in one day. I make 5 times that amount now in just one month.

You are a liar!
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Olayiwola124(m): 9:25am On Dec 27, 2017
Lunaxskin:
Hello all, Holla me for all all types of locally fabricated machines.
*Cutting machines *Electric Mixer drum *Stamping Machine(hand and lag) * Moulds of all sizes and shapes * Soap Racks * plastic containers and Perfume bottles * Impulsive Dealer * Nylon and a lot more
where is your location
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Toro2015(m): 4:24pm On Dec 27, 2017
sophoccles:

You are a liar!

What makes him a liar ?.. The Op is actually right. 100,000 bars of soap is a very small quantity if you have the right tools. An extruder can do that job. You can achieve that in few hours of production. There are many producers who make soap in millions of bars monthly. While it is true that anybody can make soap, not many people can produce such quantity, because it is capital intensive... Before you comment online next time, you should try educating yourself on the topic or you will just make yourself look stupi.d on a public forum..
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by mummytutu: 4:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
Lagos peeps, please where can i buy caustic soda from for production?
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2017
Toro2015:

What makes him a liar ?.. The Op is actually right. 100,000 bars of soap is a very small quantity if you have the right tools. An extruder can do that job. You can achieve that in few hours of production. There are many producers who make soap in millions of bars monthly. While it is true that anybody can make soap, not many people can produce such quantity, because it is capital intensive... Before you comment online next time, you should try educating yourself on the topic or you will just make yourself look stupi.d on a public forum..

I said it already, anybody can make soap. My point is that if he was making that much quantity he would be too busy with production & marketing to come here & hustle some poor suckers to buy an ebook that can be gotten for free off the internet.

You're the stupīd person who leaped into the middle of an argument without reading the backstory

1 Like

Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by iHart(m): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2017
Toro2015:

I am not here to prove if op is correct or not. I was the first set of people who raised alarm about op. He abandoned the first thread to start this one. Initially the thread read that op produces 110 000 a day. I challenged him with figures and he immediately changed it to ..."a month". Now about having a "large plodder" to produce 110 000 a day,... Assuming you work 8hours a day starting from 8am to 5 pm with 1 hour break. let's assume the plodder releases 1 bar of 50g weight per second, that's 60 bars per min and 3600 bars in an hour and about 28800 bars in 8 hours. OK, let's assume the plodder has dual eyelet, that is 57600 bars a day. Ok, let's say the plodder releases 2 bars in one second and has two eyelet, then we will be close to op's claim. I guess human being will operate the machine churning out such amount of soap per second? Those people working in the plodder may be robots. Or op is talking about having a complete automated system. If you understand the working principle of a plodder, you will know that the speed will affect the compression of soap at the cone and may not give a soap with better finish so it is unlikely to have a plodder running too fast just to get large output a day.

some people from here have visited my factory and shown me op's eBook. I must say i am disappointed in the book. maybe I should write a better one.

Note: Plodders are better described in terms of output per time (speed or better still rate) and not size.
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Toro2015(m): 8:45pm On Dec 27, 2017
iHart:

I am not here to prove if op is correct or not. I was the first set of people who raised alarm about op. He abandoned the first thread to start this one. Initially the thread read that op produces 110 000 a day. I challenged him with figures and he immediately changed it to ..."a month". Now about having a "large plodder" to produce 110 000 a day,... Assuming you work 8hours a day starting from 8am to 5 pm with 1 hour break. let's assume the plodder releases 1 bar of 50g weight per second, that's 60 bars per min and 3600 bars in an hour and about 28800 bars in 8 hours. OK, let's assume the plodder has dual eyelet, that is 57600 bars a day. Ok, let's say the plodder releases 2 bars in one second and has two eyelet, then we will be close to op's claim. I guess human being will operate the machine churning out such amount of soap per second? Those people working in the plodder may be robots. Or op is talking about having a complete automated system. If you understand the working principle of a plodder, you will know that the speed will affect the compression of soap at the cone and may not give a soap with better finish so it is unlikely to have a plodder running too fast just to get large output a day.

some people from here have visited my factory and shown me op's eBook. I must say i am disappointed in the book. maybe I should write a better one.

Note: Plodders are better described in terms of output per time (speed or better still rate) and not size.

Whether you like it or not. The guys eBook has benefited hundreds of people who now make their own soap. The eBook teaches small soap making on a small scale and not advanced soap making techniques. How many people here can afford a plodder ?..
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by CosmeticChemist(m): 9:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
iHart:

I have never for one day said I make 110,000 bars of soap in day ! Only the multinationals can achieve that feat. 110,000 bars a day translate to over 3.3 million bars of soap in a month. If the cost of producing a bar is 50 naira, that will amount to about 150 million plus.. How is that possible for small players like me? You write like you are not educated.....
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by CosmeticChemist(m): 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
sophoccles:

I said it already, anybody can make soap. My point is that if he was making that much quantity he would be too busy with production & marketing to come here & hustle some poor suckers to buy an ebook that can be gotten for free off the internet.

You're the stupīd person who leaped into the middle of an argument without reading the backstory

For your info, I don't labour much in this business any more. I have vans with sales men and establish sales route. I have distributors who buy 20, 50, 100 carton etc from me. I have factory workers, I have small palm kernel milling plant driven by diesel engine. I have stable crude Pko and I don't have to wait for power supply.. Again 110,000 can be sold in a week or two and it's not up 2000 carton...

1 Like

Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by iHart(m): 1:29am On Dec 28, 2017
Toro2015:

Whether you like it or not. The guys eBook has benefited hundreds of people who now make their own soap. The eBook teaches small soap making on a small scale and not advanced soap making techniques. How many people here can afford a plodder ?..
like I said earlier, I am not here to prove or disprove op's claim. But I have my reservations. However, when people raise concerns like this, as an author, you try to reach out to them and find out where the problem is. I am an author too, when people call me to complain about the information in my book, I don't hesitate to reach them to get their review.

about affording a plodder,... We have local ones someone can get, however its not just about getting a plodder, its also about getting other machines/equipment that will serve the plodder. ...and there is always a shorter cut. Maybe I will just tell my story this January so people can be inspired to do exploit.
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by iHart(m): 1:40am On Dec 28, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

I have never for one day said I make 110,000 bars of soap in day ! Only the multinationals can achieve that feat. 110,000 bars a day translate to over 3.3 million bars of soap in a month. If the cost of producing a bar is 50 naira, that will amount to about 150 million plus.. How is that possible for small players like me? You write like you are not educated.....
relax, you are not fighting with anybody. let's say you started soap production in 2015, but I feel you started earlier than that, you should be 3 years old in the business. You make 110000 in a month and claim to sell them within 2 weeks. With that you are not small player, you already have a market share. up your game, Pull investors or take a loan and hit the roof.
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by princenomics: 2:59pm On Dec 28, 2017
Good day Great Soapers, i am one of the few that benefited from this thread, courtesy of the OP. I think what he did was to lay the foundation for some of us to build on. My take is that instead of arguing on 110 quantity of daily production, we should use this medium and season to consolidate and help one another. 2018 should be a year for soap making which i believe will translate to more income for us.
To Mr. iHart (I can't wait to read your book). I sincerely appreciate your effort on the group, is there a way we can have a Whatsapp group, strictly for Soapers, so that we can help each other.
I wish ALL the Great Soapers in the House both young ones like myself, the experience and the critics a wonderful and fulfilled 2018
Below is my new bathing soap with coconut milk, honey, orange peel and blend of oils

2 Likes

Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Akwaidara: 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
iHart:
is there a quality you want your soap to have? ...and is it for commercial purpose? or you are just doing it for fun?

I need some more leathering. My soap is of more PO than PKO. I'm not a chemist but I know KOH is more soluble than NaOH, though t is more expensive and make soft soap. Yes it is for commercial.
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by iHart(m): 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2017
Akwaidara:

I need some more leathering. My soap is of more PO than PKO. I'm not a chemist but I know KOH is more soluble than NaOH, though t is more expensive and make soft soap. Yes it is for commercial.

So do you want a soft soap? ...disadvantage is that the soap tends to finish faster. PO and NaOH will give a hard soap with poor lather, but then you have the problem of bleaching the oil. How do you bleach your PO, heating or the use of chemicals?
Why not stick with the common PKO and NaOH recipe, then "spice" it with Sodium silicate and probably stearic acid to get a hard soap that lathers well. But if you still want more lather, the type that gets your washing bucket filled with foam, then you will need a special tutorial.

Just leave out KOH as you may not appreciate the end result.

1 Like

Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by iHart(m): 7:31pm On Dec 28, 2017
princenomics:
Good day Great Soapers, i am one of the few that benefited from this thread, courtesy of the OP. I think what he did was to lay the foundation for some of us to build on. My take is that instead of arguing on 110 quantity of daily production, we should use this medium and season to consolidate and help one another. 2018 should be a year for soap making which i believe will translate to more income for us.
To Mr. iHart (I can't wait to read your book). I sincerely appreciate your effort on the group, is there a way we can have a Whatsapp group, strictly for Soapers, so that we can help each other.
I wish ALL the Great Soapers in the House both young ones like myself, the experience and the critics a wonderful and fulfilled 2018
Below is my new bathing soap with coconut milk, honey, orange peel and blend of oils

I really appreciate your interest to read my book. People like you give me reasons to pen down stuffs.

I am considering WhatsApp group and I am in contact with a friend to pilot it. However, the group is not coming now.

1 Like

Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by honestpoju: 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
princenomics:

Z Prince, I once tried to reach out to you when the op started his thread. You never replied back
What's up
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by honestpoju: 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2017
princenomics:
I then line the mold with this

Hello bro, what is the material called? I like your mold. Its nice. I hope you don't mind me asking a few questions. How much to construct such kind of mold? Can you please show a picture of a cutter for this kind of mold? How many loaves of soap can be gotten from this? Can I pls have your email Addy, I will like to reach out to you. Thanks and Gos bless
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by honestpoju: 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2017
princenomics:
Thanks once again OP for the encouragement and support

Its me again. What type of crinkle cutter are you using? Do you mind sharing a pic
Re: I Make Over 110,000 Bars Of Soap Every Month ( See Pictures) by Mistymash: 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2017
Season greetings
@ cosmeticChemist
@iHart
@Princenomics

I am grateful to cosmeticChemist for this thread and the kind/sound advice I received when I encountered some challenges,i thought since the man has come this far he might be rude but man he is gentle and listens,he's jst so busy. Great thanks sir

Princenomics! My second guide,you are far too kind. I stilll marvel at how you dedicated your time to put those heavy long emails and explanations just for a stranger! God bless you! Thank you so much!

iHart sir thank you for your contributions on this thread, with your leads i'm learning more.

I will like to plead that we all be open and help one another in the least way we can with informations that may be of help when asked.

Wishing us all a fruitful 2018

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (49) (Reply)

Loan Apps:: If You Are Owing Loan App Do This Now And Be Free / Mike Adenuga's House In BANANA ISLAND, Lagos (Photo) / Say No To Aliexpress And Alibaba Importation (But Other Great Chinese Sites).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.