Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,637 members, 7,851,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:54 PM

PHOTOS: Woman Looks Permanently Pregnant After Side-effect Of Contraceptive Pil - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / PHOTOS: Woman Looks Permanently Pregnant After Side-effect Of Contraceptive Pil (1118 Views)

See This Thing I Killed In My Room That Looks Like A Snake / Photos: Woman Gives Birth Inside Tricycle / Photos: Woman Allegedly Gives Birth To Tortoise At A Market In River State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Woman Looks Permanently Pregnant After Side-effect Of Contraceptive Pil by ruggedtimi(m): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2015
[img]http://4.bp..com/-RUHbiNtR0H0/VgyhlN-3OJI/AAAAAAACxgw/o2lH8feNegg/s640/PAY-coil.jpg[/img]

A mother of two has been left looking permanently pregnant after apparently suffering a rare reaction to a contraceptive.
Cassie Edwards, 27, from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, has been forced to wear maternity clothes for the last six months after getting a coil fitted following the birth of her second child, Tyler. She looks like she is carrying twins and is often asked by well-meaning passersby when she is due to give birth.
The single mother, who works as a dinner lady at a local school, took only five months to drop her baby weight and return to a slim size 10 after giving birth to her son earlier this year.
She then took the decision to not have any more children and went to the doctor's to get a coil fitted.
But almost immediately after the fitting, her stomach began to balloon up and it is still growing.
"Doctors haven't got a clue what's going on - my belly is growing and growing and I'm stuck in maternity clothes now," Ms Edwards said. "I told doctors it must be down to the coil, but they aren't sure.
"They keep needing to run further tests, but all the time my belly is growing.

"I feel embarrassed and scared of the big babyless bump.
"If it gets any bigger, people will think its twins."
Doctors have confirmed via ultrasound that Ms Edwards is not pregnant.
They are currently waiting to perform a colonoscopy on the mother, and are looking further into her condition.
In the meantime, Ms Edwards is dealing with the symptoms of pregnancy daily.
She suffers from a sore back, aching, swollen Bosom s, and a constant urge to urinate.
"My body thinks I'm pregnant again. It's so odd. I have a larger bump than I did when I was actually pregnant," she said. "It all happened after the coil was fitted, so I can only put it down to that.
"I can't go out the house without someone asking me when I'm due. I lost all my weight for nothing."
The coil, also called an intrauterine device (IUD), is a small T-shaped plastic and copper contraceptive.
It is inserted into a woman's womb by a specially-trained doctor or nurse.
It can prevent pregnancy for five to 10 years

Re: PHOTOS: Woman Looks Permanently Pregnant After Side-effect Of Contraceptive Pil by macolino(m): 7:53am On Oct 01, 2015
Ok
Re: PHOTOS: Woman Looks Permanently Pregnant After Side-effect Of Contraceptive Pil by benedictnsi(m): 7:58am On Oct 01, 2015
See her paid like rope........ Nothing concern me sha
Re: PHOTOS: Woman Looks Permanently Pregnant After Side-effect Of Contraceptive Pil by Babe2sure(f): 8:02am On Oct 01, 2015
Coil fitting gone wrong. Oh, this sucks!
Re: PHOTOS: Woman Looks Permanently Pregnant After Side-effect Of Contraceptive Pil by Niyeal(m): 8:21am On Oct 01, 2015
To be remove Asap

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Woman Returns Money Mistakenly Transfered Into Her Bank Account / Pictures From My Visit To The Slave Museum In Badagry - Akinboye Akinpelumi / Seen This Lookalike Nairaland Website?? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.